The Range Reviews

Rosie
The Range 1 star review on 12th May 2023
Louise Terry
The Range 1 star review on 11th March 2023
Experience I've had has been horrendous. If I could give less than one star I would. Ordered a sofa bed on 27th October which was supposed to be delivered within a 5 day time frame,on a day selected by myself. Was never given the option to select a delivery date. The delivery never turned up. Contacted customer service who said they were contacting the warehouse and to expect a reply within a few days. Never got a reply. None of my emails were replied to, customer service on the phone was absolutely ridiculous, no one who I spoke to knew what they were doing. No managers to talk to as they 'don't deal with customers'. I was told I couldn't have a refund until the item was delivered to then have to return it. 2 weeks and many attempted complaints later, I have been told my order was lost in the warehouse and now I have to wait up to a week for a full refund, was refunded £10 as part of the delivery fee. The rest of the delivery fee is to go in separately. Then the refund for the actual purchase will go in separate to that. I think all of this procedure is absolutely ridiculous. There is no formal complaints system or any managers to speak to so complaints never get taken any further than an ignored email or a useless phone call. I will definitely not be using the online or delivery services again and neither will I recommend them to anyone else. Very disappointed in the way in which my order has been dealt with.
Don't shop at The Range!! Two weeks and still ongoing to get a bed returned and redelivered because they sent a bed that was broken in the boxes. The customer service staff are rude, when explaining my issue, one woman called Alex just put me on hold. Then to recieve emails saying they'd done the opposite to what I'd asked That I'd need to return the item myself before 7th Dec for a refund. Each of the three boxes weighs more than I do. Shambolic service, no customer service and exceptionally rude staff. And no complaints procedure to escalate the awful service. Avoid like the plague!
Ordered a wardrobe, had confirmed delivery day to then discover it was damaged in transit and returned to the range without any contact. After arranging for a replacement the exact same scenario occurred again, no contact and they actioned a refund without even discussing it. Usual 3-5 day to refund nonsense so I can’t even go and source a replacement, disgusting service.
Ordered a sofa never heard back for weeks been calling they said the seller isn’t responding so now have to wait 5 days to see if the sellers replies ? Took £700 but can’t get it back awful company
Worse company to order from, use partners and 3 ways conversations. Use XDP that don’t deliver, so yourself a favour and order elsewhere
Ordered a sofa instore, paid £10 for delivery I even asked if this would be brought inside and the cashier laughed and said "of course" sofa arrived with 2 very elderly men who dumped this is the pouring rain on my doorstep and left. I lost a total of £125 that day in wages and paying someone to bring in for me. Contacted them several times to be told "the courier services doesn't bring them inside your home" very laughable company absolutely shocking will never buy anything again and my advice is avoid like the plague!
Glass table ordered never arrived due to being damaged by courier, a replacement sent out which also was not delivered due to being damaged by courier and was returned by xdp to the range,requested a refund and told that a refund would be issued,now xdp couriers say they tried to deliver today as table comes in 2 parts...I'm assuming it was table legs no table top!!! Called customer services again today to be told they need to receive damaged items before can process a refund....different story every time I have to call.. told it will be a week on fri befor refundcan be issued.. .according to tracking already received damaged items last week... absolutely shocking company and customer service,so £200 down avoid them at all costs....Will be taking it further as not acceptable
Made various purchases in Kilmarnock store on 05.11.2023 including a light up Christmas Gonk. My son / child took the reciept at the till and on the way back to our car put said reciept in the bin outside the shop without my knowledge. Once in car he went to switch on the lightup Christmas Gonk and it didn't work. I went back into the Range to request an exchange whereupon I was asked for the reciept. I explained my son had put it in the bin outside and could they look the transaction up electronically instead. Note, we had only made the purchase less than 10 minutes prior, and the member of staff who had originally served us knew we had paid for the item in full. The answere to this was beyond any kind of customer service. I was advised to go to the bin and get the receipt as without it there was no exchange for a working item possible. There were at least five members of staff and various customers who heard this. My child and I went to the bin, removed the lid, and started the search for the reciept amongst cigarette ends and food waste. Thankfully we were successful and found said reciept, despite giving Range customers exiting the store a great show raking through the stinking bin. I went back into store and handed over the smelly piece of paper. I was then told I could have the exchange and to pick another. Having very unclean hands I suggested a staff member fetch another which was agreed grudgingly. The second Gonk arrived. On asking to test it ( as not to make the same mistake) it did not work either so another Gonk was sent for. Three Gonks later and with the help of a smelly reciept, a working Gonk is now in my possession. Could somebody please explain where customer service has come into this sales and, 10 minutes later, aftersales experience. Yes I understand that a paper reciept is best advised to be kept but it is not the only way to prove purchase in this age of technology. Considering the staff member had just made the sale and knew we had paid for the item, his colleague insisted ( said staff member) he was only young and not been working there long, whatever relevance this was to the situation remains a puzzle. Consumer Rights laws clearly state that paper reciepts are not necessary for exchange or even full refund if an item is not fit for purpose/broken and purchase can be proven electronically. I could even show the transaction on my mobile phone. Something very wrong with how this store is dealing with such situations. Telephone call to store manager 06.11.2023 at 9:30 am should also be considered. On informing her of above event she hung up as could not give any answere or explanation to why this had occurred. Claimed she wouldn't have a conversation with me as I was not being reasonable. Manager hanging up on a customer because they are not comfortable or confident in dealing with a complaint is yet another example of unacceptable customer service. I would like some feedback / thoughts from the Range on this matter and customer service issues raised. As a customer I can appreciate the reciept would have been better not being binned by my son and was ( as told by the staff member in store) my responsibility but YOU the Range also have a responsibility to provide customers with products fit for purpose and a customer service approach worthy of my hard earned money.
I had missing items from my order. I contacted customer services immediately and was told customer services would be in contact once the courier had been investigated. I had to contact them again a few days later as I never heard back. I was asked if I'd like a refund or a replacement for the missing items, I asked for a replacement. I had also ordered an item through Range plus which I still hadn't received and asked when it would be delivered and the customer service assistant did not even acknowledge the subject. I am now out of pocket, unable to get to the store to get a refund as I am disabled, this is why I ordered online as I can't get to the store. I will never order from the Range again. Appalling service
Order > W-16632058. AVOID AVOID "THE RANGE" i bought this chair to Aid my recover following major surgery 5 weeks ago, & i have more than one disability & i needed this chair !! When it was delivered it was OK for the first week & then the back of the chair collapsed underneath at one side so i could not use it...my complaints has now been going on for 3 weeks +, and still no action or resolution from you... your Customer service is Shocking !!! So because of your terrible & unacceptable customer service i have had the chair repaired by a neighbour's friend, who is retired now but use to build and restore furniture, he heard of my problem & offered to to take a look at it for me... he said he could fix it & it took him over an hour to sort it out & he would not take any payment, But i would not allow him to work for nothing so i gave him £40, which he was reluctant to accept. i will never-ever buy anything else from "The Range" . you should be totally ashamed of your customer service especially in my case ..😡
The Range 1 star review on 5th November 2023
Ordered 3 light shades. Only 1 delivered. That one was broken. Contacted customer service and sent photos as requested. Since then, no contact despite multiple emails. Still waiting for my refund. Very poor service and I won’t use this company again
Avoid this online store like the plague. Ordered two trays in September. When they arrived, the first was broken and they were of a very poor quality. Contact customer service and returned them. They were signed for on 6th October. As of 3rd Nov, despite many e-mails, sending photos, proof of return etc, still no refund. Shocking products and even worse customer service. Avoid avoid avoid
Ordered online on 4th October and payment was taken immediately by The Range with delivery expected within 7 days. I had no further updates until 24th October when I received an email saying I had cancelled the order (I hadn't) and did not receive a refund until 31st October. When I contacted customer services they simply did not want to know and were extremely rude and unhelpful. A person called Darrow was particularly rude and unhelpful and once I stated I wanted to complain refused to even deal with me further.
The mirrors that I bought from the range came smashed on delivery, I've only received half of my refund. After calling 6 times to customer services and them promising me on several occasions that I will receive my refund in 5 working days time. Its now been nearly 4 weeks and still no refund. I'm contacting trading standards to seek advice on how to get my refund back.
Dreadful customer service still waiting for refund on a sofa spoke to several different nationalities on customer service an same reply that waiting for refund to be approved they have refunded an armchair but not sofa an replies repeat sofa refunded It’s like pulling teeth Also very hard to get a real person or confirmation emails a joke as never sent ! In store fine but on line appalled
I spent 20 min to catch any staff to buy TV stand. Asked twice to customer service to anyone will be service me. No one came
Ordered kettle and toaster on line delivered to store and paid £3,95 delivery cost ( even tho the delivery van had to deliver to store anyway) toaster was faulty so returned to store and was told they couldn't exchange just refund and we had to order again ourselves incurring another £3.95 delivery charge. Spoke to customer services by phone and told there was nothing they could do and we had to order again, no apologies, no offer of ordering for us and definitely would not deliver free. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY THEY ARE A DISGRACE, THEY NEED TO SERIOUSLY LOOK AT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE OR LACK OF IT THAT THEY ARE OFFERING. DISGRACEFUL.
Wrong item delivered contacted customer service on 5 occasions with no resolution. Returned it back and it took almost 8 weeks to get refund. Don’t trust them excuse after excuse. Worse company I have experienced for straightforward honesty. Keep well clear.
WARNING!!!I purchased a a single wardrobe with 2 drawers. Within a short time the handle to the drawer broke and the whole unit began to fall apart with the back panel coming away from the frame causing the wardrobe to become very unstable. Their customer services are dreadful. Even after I sent in photos I was told that the unit was not assembled incorrectly implying that I had not followed the assembly instructions and not used all the parts. WOULD NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN!!! IF I HAD READ THESE REVIEWS BEFORE I WOULD NEVER HAD PURCHASED FROM HERE.
Worst customer service I have ever experienced and would never use again. I bought chest of draws and it was bad quality and they charged me for all deliverys like it's my fault because I don't want to keep....
The Range is rated 1.4 based on 1,833 reviews