CeX Reviews

Refunds Process
Difficult
Returns Process
Could Be Better

Tell us how CeX made you happy
They will reject your item on the flimsiest of pretexts. You are far better selling on ebay
No costumer service, online rubbish, take more than one day to pay not like they say in my case its been the 5th day waiting for the payment and even worse is they send the receipt saying that they will pay but I'm still waiting, garbage service
Total scam. They take your items refuse to payout on time or when the advidtise on the site. It's a lie so be careful
CEX is a very good store because of its options in gadgets, kind staff and great service. Items aren't damaged when sent and i see it as one of the best stores to get games and gadgets.
wont take x box console been messed about cant ring them avoid!
Damaged item.

They sold me an item that it was damaged and now they don't offer me a refund or fix the item.

I honestly couldn't recommend buying anything at their stores. They are not honest or trustworthy. I wasted my money and my time, really sad.
My husband and I both purchased Iphone 8plus (£360 ea) from CeX. They arrived on time and are brilliant. Mine has a new battery as was 100% capacity. My husbands was over 80%. They look brand new. His came in a box along with head phones. Mine was wrapped in bubble wrap with just a charger but I already have head phones so not that bothered.
bought an iPhone, all the parts of the phone was replicas, horrible staff not helpful at all
I ordered a game from cex on 09/03/2021. Its now 19/03/2021 and it still hasn't arrived. No way to speak to anyone about the order. No apology from them. Disgusting. I will never use again and won't recommend to anyone.
Traded my old console and games and they dropped the agreed price needlessly. Poor excuses about cosmetic damage and a fake cover on a game. Absolute rubbish.
Ordered from the UK site using a mail forwarding service in Ireland, only for the order to be cancelled, and my account suspended, they didn’t tell me why until I contacted them. They said I can’t use a mail forwarding service or a card not linked to the UK address, this isn’t stated on the site, and for the card it in fact says the opposite. They also suggested I check a nearby store... during a pandemic... I only used the UK site to begin with because they don’t have the same kind of stock in Ireland. Absolutely appalling service.
i left my phone to be sold. they called me to say they couldnt sell it. when i collected it, it no longer worked. the refused to accept responsibility.
They sold me a Macbook Pro classification A (mint condition) for £ 698, when I received the product I noticed one of the keyboard wasn't working properly but it didn't bothered me, after all it is a secondhand product, one year later I noticed that the laptop will get uncharged quickly, and saw a message in the screen saying the battery needed service, I took the laptop to one of the shops in shepherd's Bush at the beginning they didn't want to receive the product, they said I needed to send it by mail to the main office, I insisted and they took the laptop, they said they were checking the state of the laptop it took like 3 weeks and after that they said that the laptop had water damage and that the guarantee doesn't cover it. I never used the laptop out of my house, I never spilled water on it, I have been scammed, this people sell damaged products, don't buy anything from them.
Excellent service received my ps5 😆😆
Personally, I have nothing but amazing things to say about CEX. Whenever I had an issue, customer service got back to me ASAP. They were quick with shipping and delivery of the items I ordered. I have ordered many times of this website, in fact i have made about 20 orders in total and all have been great experiences. I am a happy customer and will continue to buy from them
Worst online customer service ever! Brought a PS3 and a load pf games, as well as a PS2 and games. Everything arrived with 3 working days (5 in total as it was the weekend), all except the PS3 console, even though a box with a game in said there was the console in it. Emailed and waited a further 3 days for a response, only to be told it had been sent and i had received it. I had to send a picture of the box it was supposed to arrive in, which was only big enough for the game, and a copy of the invoice. Still had to wait another 2 days for a response. Then im told the store have realised their mistake and send their apologies, and are posting item immediately, with tracking number. Logged into tracking which says next day delivery by 1pm, so im happy. A few days go by and tracking still says royal mail are waiting for item to be sent from store and im told to wait till 23rd Feb. Finally item arrived 10 days after they said they would send out straight away. DO NOT buy online. Its not worth the hassle. Better to wait till the stores are allowed to reopen, or go to a rival, like Game who sent me a gift voucher for £10 because my pre order was delayed by a day in delivery.
This was my first order with Cex, found a PC to replace one I use for work (ordered lunchtime Thursday), bought and paid for online and now waiting for deliery notification .. instead I get an e-mail telling me that they can't find it. It's a PC, how do you lose a thing like that .. it's not a small thing. I'm now 400 quid down for up to 10 days, cannot afford a replacement until then andcannot work until I find a replacement after I get a refund.
Do I recommend Cex .. of course not.
Waste of time. Offer you a price, costs you to send back and then they return it with no explanation - after 2 weeks. Sent perfectly good working product with no damage for a bargain price. Should thank them really as it sold on e bay for £10 more in a week so had my postage back 0/10 never use again.
Bought a game as a Christmas gift and was really excited about it as the person I wanted to gift it to would have loved it!

The game came before Christmas with not much delay but when opening the package i noticed that the game that was sent to me was a "promotional copy only" which i find unacceptable.

If it was for my self I probably would not have bothered much as as long as it works it's fine, however this was intended as a gift and i am not about to gift someone with a promotional copy and look cheap.

This are not for resell purposes and selling one of those copies is illegal!

Due to the current pandemic i was not able to meet my Friend and I never even got around to give him this gift ( not that I really wanted to in the end)

i have asked the store near me to exchange it but of course they did not have this item in store and could not do so.

i have finally requested to return the product for a refund and to my surprise they only accept returns for 14 days .

I bought this game at the beginning of December to make sure it got here on time for Christmas so obviously 14 days are not enough for a return!
I would have expected from them a little more consideration due to the current situation especially as everyone else extends their returns during Christmas!

Anyway after emailing to request the return i had an automate reply saying the will get back to me within 48h which did not happen!
i had to wait 10 day for a reply in which they basically said they could not do anything.

i have requested a phone call as i'm working full time and do not have time to keep emailing back and forth and was denied so.

Finally after 1 month emailing back and forth they have said the item would not be refunded.

i have asked multiple times for the item to be exchanged as i understood the refund was not an option but i was denied so.

Nowhere on their website the product was advertised as promotional copy only so i could not have known that would have been the case.

Disgusting customer service and very poor quality.

STAY AWAY !
Click and collect issues.

Used drop and go to get a voucher.

Tried to use said voucher 5 times with each order being cancelled due to security issues.

Didn't stop them pocketing the shipping.

Did eventually speak to the manager, but proved to be a waste of time. A process that takes 5 minutes in store has taken 3 days with no resolution.
CeX is rated 1.98 based on 465 reviews