CeX Reviews

Refunds Process
Difficult
Returns Process
Could Be Better

Tell us how CeX made you happy
Ordered a camera on 10th May - CEX told me it was dispatched that day. The last tracking status I received was that Royal Mail were expecting to receive the camera on 13th May - Special Guaranteed Delivery by 1pm the next day by the way! Ie, the camera never left the store and CEX knew this... Well CEX continued to lie and actually kept my £330 for 21 days without having actually purchased anything with it...
Put a MacBook pro in to cex to sell it as I hardly ever use it. They said they needed an hour to test it so left it with them. Came back to them telling me it hadn't passed the test as the battery power had dropped below 20% in an hour. This surprised me as I had never really used it but had kept it charged up as I charge a couple of torches through it. Went home and thought I must test it myself. So ran it for an hour with the TV on and it only dropped 8% over the hour . And when I actually looked at it in the daylight I could see they had scratched the cover in four places,they hadn't bothered to put the power cable in the tray under the computer and left it on the lid .
Ordered amazon alexa dot which arrivedti with no power cable. Cex said they accepted this alexa from seller with no cable so therefore I hot no cable. They offered a refund but that wasn't satisfactory to me.
Absolutely shocking for ordering online! I first order a product worth £30 to be delivered, said it’s in stock. Then get told 4 days later that they don’t have it available and got a refund. I wasn’t to fussed and just thought it happens so whatever never mind. But then I decide to order a second time and the product has good reviews etc and said is in stock (this is a different product worth £60). Waited a few days, the update was stuck on stock picking like the first time, like that for days until got a message saying not available and refunded. I don’t understand why they don’t keep the website up to date properly as it wastes people’s time, takes their money and then they have to wait for the refund when they don’t have the item in stock even though the website states that it’s in stock. It’s very frustrating as some people like myself are trying to purchase a birthday gift. Very bad service
I ordered from you 2 lenses for my sony a7c. The first one (samyang 45mm) arrived but it has scratches and without hood and with replacement front cap that doesn't look good either. For this reason I want to return it as I can get better for the same price from other places. The second lens hasn't even arrived. Instead you have posted me something I never ordered (see the attached image). Taking into consideration that Cex seems to be not reliable anymore I want to cancel this lens too as it looks you haven't even posted it! In addition will give you many negative reviews online due to so much stress and wasting time. Order ID: 17181013 Placed on: Sunday, 12 May 2024 Status: Order dispatched Tracking Number(s): QJ670741120GB (Royal Mail Recorded), QJ664738033GB (Royal Mail Recorded)
CeX 1 star review on 16th May 2024
Dropped it once and it broke. Not impressesd.
The experience differs greatly between stores. I use the Merthyr Tydfil store. They used to be fantastic with a huge range of items to buy. They also had very friendly, helpful knowledgeable staff. Noe 2023/2024 they are utter garbage. They have new manager who is utterly useless and won't listen. There's a couple of members of staff who need glasses for sure. On several occasions IV brought either new or good as new items in to get told there's scratches on the screen fir example. Yet even with my glasses I cant see anything. IV then sold the item on eBay as new open box and had no issues and received positive feedback. IV bought items from the Merthyr store graded A. Brought them back untouched to have then downgraded to B and in one occasion C! When challenging the manager I was basically called a liar. Yes I don't have to sell to them or buy from them. But sometimes it's just easier and more convenient than selling on eBay etc. Iv used other stores such as Cwmbran and Pontypridd and it's like a different experience. Way better than the Merthyr branch. It's a shame really as it's the same 2 individuals letting the rest down.
I ordered a keyboard and mouse and then changed my mind n cancelled the mouse n ordered a trackpad instead, received the refund for the mouse n then received the trackpad in the post but in the box which the keyboard from the original order was supposed to be in was the mouse that I had cancelled n no keyboard! I returned the mouse with a note explaining what had happened as directed by customer service and they have just emailed me saying their records show that both the mouse and keyboard had been sent so there’s nothing they can do so I have lost £60 n could have sold the mouse they sent me in error to make up some of the money I have lost but I thought they would just send me the correct product I had ordered but now they have got their mouse back and my £60 keyboard money and I have nothing! Never using this company again!!!! Absolutely disgusting!!!
Been using CEX for 30 years with zero problems.eye to eye contact is certainly worth the price
Sold me a gaming wheel and store manager lied to me and said if I’m unhappy I have 30 days to return it and he will refund my card. Untrue. Never ever buy anything in store you basically have no rights as a customer.. only order online so you have rights. The complaints process for being lied to basically they called me a liar instead. The most unprofessional company in the UK don’t buy there rusty dirty scratched up useless garbage for your hard earned money. Hope they get shut down soon.
Last week I went to the shop in Stratford centre to exchange a couple of headsets for a voucher and received an offer of £430 for all of them which I accepted, on the same day I was told by the staff member who was processing my order that I could be charged up 10% of the value of the items since I was selling a couple of them and I said I was ok with it. Following day I received a call in the evening saying that instead of 10% I was gonna be charged staggering 30% which is absolutely unheard of (even admitted by their own staff), it's unbelievable how these scumbags try to find ways to rip you off when something doesn't go the way they want. The store manager promised me to investigate the issue but obviously never got back to me, absolutely useless disgusting costumer service.. some of these people deserve to be in jail. Today I returned to the shop and collected my items back, some staff members couldn't believe what happened as this was clearly a decision made by a coward low life human being from the head office who is too weak to talk or explain himself, absolute trash of society
Absolute joke of a shop. Took my watch back to the shop in Washington because of battery issues. The watch was away for four weeks in which time they broke it so offered me a replacement. The battery in the replacement watch is worse than the one I returned which means it will have to be sent away again to the very people who broke the first one. To say I'm not happy is an understatement.
Kunal who answers via fb messages is a rude and useless person! He needs to be sacked and get someone who isn’t a smart ass to do the job. I wish I could give him minus stars. Puts me off the entire store. I can’t say just how bad he is. Absolutely appalling!
I purchased two iPads from CEX Aylesbury. I wasn't sure if they would work for what I needed them for. Not knowing the shop I asked whether I would be able to return them if they did not work for what I needed them. I made it clear if I could not then I would not be purchasing them. I was told that I would be able to return them within two days no problem. This reassured me and so I bought the items. What I was not told was that the refund would only be in the form of vouchers. I clearly did not know their returns policy - hence my asking. So I was shocked when I returned the items only to be told that the refund would have to be vouchers. I can understand the original employee making the mistake in not telling me BUT the total lack of ownership of this response by the inshop supervisors and then online customer service has been truly awful. They have failed to accept that I was misled and to make an exception to their usual policy given the error of their employee. These were intended as birthday presents for my boys - and I will now have to look for money in our stretched budget elsewhere as I sit on vouchers I don't want to spend. Deeply disappointed by the customer service I have received and will not be using the company again.
I bought a 300+ pound phone , after 2 weeks it stopped working, I want back to the store and they told me it had a minute chip in it that was my fault soo basically no refund or credit, I actually couldn't see this chip or knew what I was looking for??. Contacted customer service with no joy. Beyond frustrated and I waS scammed
Bought a PS4 console from Cex. After 2 months it was giving trouble. Returned it to shop in Douglas to be repaired under warranty. I was told because there was a tiny hole in the corner that the warranty was now void and they wouldn't even look at it. I am 100% certain the hole was there when we bought it. I explained this to Cex and they said it looks like it was dropped. I assured then it never fell and we have never opened it. I was told Cex don't ever sell damaged goods but if you look at the reviews on line for Cex it confirms Cex regularly sell damaged goods and avoid honouring the warranty. My advice to anyone out there is DONT BUY FROM CEX. They are scamming people out of warranty all the time. Terrible company to deal with. I wish I had never bought from them. Rest assured I will never spend another cent in there.
I ordered a high value item (DJI Mavic 2 Pro with smart controller) when the drone arrived it was missing the smart controller. Needless to say the drone is pretty useless without the controller and was the selling point of this package in the first place. I paid well over the value of this drone without this controller. After a week of ‘investigating’ and after assurances they would put right this error. I received an email from ‘Maneet in Customer Support’ simply stating that they had made an error in store and now I should return the item. At MY expense, time and fuel etc… This was because ‘they don’t have stock of the controller’ this was a blatant LIE as they indeed do have the controller in stock. SCAM like behaviour and absolutely poor customer service. After years buying from CEX I will not be using them again unless they can rectify this and send me the controller I have paid for. *** UPDATE Poor excuses and reluctance to rectify this error by sending the advertised product have resulting in me escalating this to trading standards. I have never known such and inept customer service, putting all the responsibility on the customer instead of taking the responsibility themselves. DISGUSTING.
Cex sold my son a faulty laptop. He has the receipt and thought it would be straightforward. There is one key that falls off if you type on it. But cex claims this his fault. Apparently he shouldn't expect to be able to touch the keys.
CEX will keep your money. Beware. They told me I could withdraw after 48 hours.. It's been a week, & I CanNOT withdraw STILL.
Absolutely appalling! Purchased a Yoke and Throttle System for Microsoft Flight Simulator for £74. What came was an absolute joke. Just the Yoke with zero throttle levers and no power leads. When I wrote to complain, the response was that the sourcing store sends their apologies, they couldn't source the throttle system. How's about asking the buyer if they still want just half of the item and at REDUCED cost instead of just sending out a pointless item for the same price, an item that cannot be used! Granted, they've offered a refund but all of this could have been avoided with a little common sense. Bunch of con merchants and with this being my first purchase, I can categorically state it's my last too.
CeX is rated 1.8 based on 664 reviews