CeX Reviews

Refunds Process
Difficult
Returns Process
Could Be Better

Tell us how CeX made you happy
took my nikon camera for valuation.it was about 15 years old bought from argos.to my disgust it flagged up as stolen, i even still have the reciept and original nikon box..never going there again , it doesnt make any sense that shop.
Tracking number CH006536494IE Webuy order. Posted a previous order 2 weeks ago, paid for postage myself and received no problem. Posted this order 470497 on the 06/06/21 using their label and its stuck in a loop going back and fort form D12 to D11 and back D12 all week. An post informed me that Cex are sending it back to their po box, explains why it's constantly in a loop. After the ten days are up order will be cancelled. Someone at Cex in Dublin 11 wants a playstation 4 console with all accessories including 5 games for free. Be aware of the free postage label!!!!
Bought airpods for €135 came covered in ear wax absolutely vile
I've been saving up vouchers for Christmas presents only to be told my vouchers have been redeemed. I've not bought anything. No help or information on who used my voucher. Total scam.
Purchased an iPhone online about 10 months ago and speakers have suddenly gone. As it had 2 year guarantee I took it back to my local town store Nottingham exchange walk, expected to have a battle as you do with any faulty goods these days but was pleasantly suprised. They tested the phone found the fault and refunded me - still waiting for the payment to clear as was done on a Sunday but the staff were all helpful and polite nothing was an issue and they didn't have a problem checking out what I'd said. So Happy with the service i purchased another phone at the same time whilst waiting for the money to clear! I would recommend and id certainly buy from them again, got the service I always wished every one gave! Thank you!
I bought some Powerbeats in May (Grade B). came in a filthy box and were broken. I couldn’t take back to the store for 2 week due to work but made them aware as soon as the product arrived. I had to travel to a store to return the item and pick up a replacement which had been arranged following my initial Trust Pilot review. I took them back to the store who could see that they clearly shouldn’t have been dispatched in the condition they were in. The store manager showed me the replacement and embarrassingly informed me the replacement was damaged as well. I was fuming and had no option for a refund. I made a complaint and Kester was liasing with me. He offered a good will gesture of £10. He then asked me to change my initial review!!!! I didn’t of course and then once the money had been refunded I look to but the Powerbeats again only to see they had increased the price for the same Grade by at least £10. This meant that the £10 voucher was basically non existent! I complained about this and was told I should have purchased the other Powerbeats immediately!! I replied stating I did and the replacement you ordered for me to collect in the store was again faulty so I left it 2 weeks before deciding to try again!! Don’t bother buying anything as if everything is correct CeX are great but appalling when things go wrong. The customer service has been none existent. You can’t even speak to anyone and have to do everything by email!
Do not order from this company online. They take payment and only let you know that the item is not in stock if you contact them first. Your refund might be returned eventually if you are lucky. Whatever about the stores, save yourself alot of hassle and try another company online. Personally I would give minus stars as a review.
Booked in for a sale through the website as advised. Took my items to store the same day, store was empty and it took roughly 20 mins for the store clerk to check in my items. This was the quick option apparently. After 3 days of chasing, after not having no emails, no calls, no response online via Facebook or twitter, I get told my item is broken and they can't accept it, despite being fully working when taken in, yes.. That old chestnut🙄. Trying to get any sort of customer service quite frankly is like trying to get blood from a stone. The fact that Cex continue to use the pandemic as an excuse for their shocking response times and shocking lack of customer service is not only an insult to all their customers but their staff too. Go find your local alternative to Cex, they are not the be all and end all and quite frankly there's other stores that would benefit more from your custom on the back end of a pandemic
Genuinely can't believe this company is still running. Absolute rip off merchants. Reselling new gen consoles for over 50% the RRP. Scalpers on a mass scale. Wan****
Terrible shop, on their site the blu ray I wanted was in stock at the local branch. No local tel no to double check but after travelling over 5 miles was told sorry not in stock computer/ site had not been updated. What a waste of my time & money for petrol a joke shop avoid ?
i checked my old phone was in good working order before i took it to store i was told it was worth £23 and i had to wait 1 hour for them to check it i went back later to be told that the phone doesn't charge at all i put it back in my car charger and it worked fine and charged as usual i tried the website to complain but no customer service exists avoid avoid avoid
Literally the worst place you could ever sell your valuables and even if you do sell your stuff, it's worth pennies to them. I don't understand how they can get away with this...
Recently tried to sell 2 items to CEX to which they have opened from sealed condition and tested to then tell me that there is a 10% reduction for being multiple items. Despite their terms and conditions stating: 20.2.5 " The value CeX offers for your Products may be reduced upon receipt depending on their condition or quantity." And email stating: " **Multiple quantities of the same product may be subject to discount. If a discount is applied, we will notify you via email before processing your order.**" Note that in both instances, reference is made to a revised offer being made on receipt, and before processing, not after the items have been opened and tested. Currently waiting to hear back before I pursue legal action against the company, but this is a clear breach of contract and of their own terms and conditions. If you're selling to CEX I would highly advise against it as they are scammers.
Past experience not good, took a LG cookie mobile phone to sell a number of years ago, in full working order, testing took a hour or so, came back and they said it was not working. I can say categorically that this phone was working fine....they broke it. Took an Xbox one to sell today, they offered £50.00, no thanks not selling for that, probably break it with there testing...fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.....guy behind counter was not particularly pleasant either. AVOID
I’ve had Cex not honour their 2 yr warranty on £225 AirPod pros. Order AL480365. Apple acknowledge the crackling is a manufacturing error and will fix. But CEX say it’s earwax and told me simply to pick up my AirPods. I suspect it’s because they can’t go to Apple to resolve. This is the difference between me continuing as a loyal Cex customer (I’ve bought various consoles and games previously and am a registered member) and never using again and use Apple / Amazon / eBay etc instead. I will consider taking to trading standards if it can’t be resolved. Link where Apple confirm the problem can be easily found - type HT211157
A second hand DVD movie that I bought from the Cex 69 Queensway, Stevenage turned out to be faulty because when loaded onto my Sony dvd harddrive at home showed just a blank screen and no sound. Hope I can get a refund from this bad purchase that I regret having made.
I am very disappointed with. Cex stores they treated me really bad & they speak to u in a disrespectful way. The price can be over the top.
Very helpful and easy to talk also very quick in sorting out my phone. Told actually what would happen and what I would receive in cash for my phone. Thank you
Bought a camera via the webstore, which was shown as in stock. Heard nothing from them regarding the item being shipped for a few days so decided to chase them. Low and behold the camera in stock wasn't available for online purchase (not declared anywhere), by which point my account had already been charged, and the first I heard of this was after chasing them. Their response was essentially "we'll refund you over the next 2 weeks". Given they never communicated the issue and are seemingly OK with a 2 week turnaround on refund I'll never be using them again.
I have been absolutely delighted with the service I received from CEX. I bought a laptop about 16 months ago with a 2 year guarantee at a very reasonable price. It has worked very well but during lockdown started to play up a bit so I took it back to the shop in York. They were so very helpful and very happy for me to return it and gave me excellent advice so I could find a replacement. Really they were so very friendly and helpful it was a pleasure. I will definitely shop there again.
CeX is rated 1.96 based on 486 reviews