CeX Reviews

Refunds Process
Difficult
Returns Process
Could Be Better

Tell us how CeX made you happy
CeX 1 star review on 8th June 2022
BL
CeX 1 star review on 5th April 2022
Natalie Davis
John Kimble
Ordered x2 fire HD 10 tablets. one turned up and was very impressed. The other still hasn't turned up. Cant get hold of anyone quickly to solve issue. Only by email. It's been 15 days now and all I'm told is that the store has sent it and to wait another 72 hours! I want my money back or a replacement and they ignore it everytime.
Wouldn’t give me a refund only store credit
Ordered tablet online, arrived with Case and S Pen missing. These come packed with that as standard on this model (Active Tab 3) Was initially told would get and send on, so continued to set up tablet. Took nearly a day. Then was told that as a Grade B might have bits missing and would only refund. Unimpressed. I said I can source the items if they gave me a discount, but that was not an option apparently. Order 2071660
CEX Douglas sold a phone which was missing parts, water damage indicator was on and the battery was faulty. The phone was categorised as being in ‘good condition’. Customer service dreadful and shop taking no responsibility for selling a phone with all of the above. Claiming all of the above happened after the phone was bought, not willing to engage. Dreadful experience- one I will never repeat.
Took a 16gb gen 3 iPad to sell in The Galleries, Washington. They went over it with a fine tooth comb and offered me £9. Went for lunch while it was checked to find they’d put it on website for £32. When I went back they offered me £8 as they said the lead had a crack in it. They returned the lead but kept the plug. Not even sure if this was my lead. Wish I’d seen the other reviews before my visit. Won’t be going back there.
Well sadly I visited the Leicester Central branch. They looked at the PSP I took in and this was what happened: 1st visit -in good condition - looking at £63 but needed a Sony lead Bought a lead for £10 2nd visit - took it in with Sony lead and advised it needs a new battery Bought a battery for £10 3rd visit - took it in and told we need to check it which will take 45 mins 4th visit - offered £32!! So frustrating - so incapable of checking it on the first visit and advising what the plan would be - hence I was selling it for our son for a bit of money in his pocket and sadly if I had been explained all the details in the first place we would not have bothered, but we thought it was still worth it to buy the excess parts to get a little bit more back, plus after taking all the travel out of the equation it practically cost us!!! Terrible service - left there and cut the card up - last time I ever bother with CEX sadly the customer service and how they deal with selling is terrible.
I have visited the Taunton branch to buy electronics and games with my son. We always find something interesting in the used section the staff are helpful. I am yet to experience the 2 year warranty policy as all of the products have performed as I would of expected.
I went to Bexleyheath CEX today, I was given the worst customer service I have ever had. The manager had no customer service skills at all. It made me feel uncomfortable and upset. The manager was rude and abrasive and made it clear that he had no time or inclination to deal with me. Very disappointed indeed.
Bought an iPhone6 (from CeX Manchester)but it was slow so I stop using it. Try to sell it a year after, got told the buying price will be £70 in cash or £120in voucher and of course will need to do a phone test first. I came back and got told it failed the frequency test (so basically they sold me a failed phone first of all). Then they apologise and explain it was still within 2 years warranty so they can sort it out for me but will need to do the testing again which take 10mins, came back and told me will need to do another test for 15mins. Finally, they got everything done, I literally waited for more than an hour for the whole process. However, when they gave the cash, it was only £29.10. I explained I was told for £70, then they told me they are buying to fix not sell so it got reduced.
I love CeX there prices are always low I have bought all my mobiles and computer towers from them. They are very helpful and friendly. When refunding it's done right there and then.
got a wireless mouse and a mousepad to charge it from cex and within 40 minutes of use it stopped getting powered by the mousepad, from then on it would die about twice a day with the periods of the mouse dying getting larger and larger each time.
Purchased a 2nd hand phone from Cara in CEX Grand parade today. She was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Great service
Terrible! Bought a laptop from there, and less than a year later it gets a fault. I take it to a store to get it fixed and the guy tells me it's out of warranty. I sell it, go to a different store and the girl tells me that it wasn't out of warranty. Then I buy another laptop from them which less than two weeks later is faulty! So ridiculous. Why sell faulty laptops?? Will never buy from this company again
Went to the store you have in wakefield think the area its on is called the springs, Had 2 eletrical items for sale was met by a silly girl who couldent be arsed even looking at items because it was an hour before shop closed and she didnt want to do any more work and argued with me then her other oppo decided to argue allso with excuses so they just lost the store on resale of the items £50 pounds wont be going in there again went to other store you have in wakefield no problem on sale whatsoever so i suppose theres good staff and very bad staff you employ.
YOUR A DISGRACE YOU TREAT PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES POORLY YOUR BEHAVIOR IS DISGUSTING YOU SHOULD BE INSPECTED AND CLISED DOWN AND IT IS DISCRIMINATION TO US . SO I AM A VOICE FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE SPECIAL NEEDS WHO CANT SPEAK UP FOR THEM SELFES YOU CALL YOUR SELF A MANGER I DONT THINK SO ID BE A BETTER MANEGER TJAN YOU!!! ILL SEE YOU IN JAIL
I bought a headset for my sons birthday, arrived with no dongle. Contacted via enail no response and a very upset little boy!!!
Scammers - Been getting refurbished phones from this company for about a decade and any issues which there generally always are, have always been resolved however on this occassion I was sold a faulty Note 10 which unfortunately I happened to create a tiny crack in which CEX are leaning on to avoid honouring their warranty. I don't think it is acceptable for a massive global company to be selling faulty phones and then refusing to honour their warranty after only 2 months of use. This was a £400 phone. Absolutely vile behaviour. The baldy autist behind the counter even had the effrontery to give me some software to try and get me to repair the faulty firmware myself. The kid didn't even try to ascertain what actually caused the phone to die, just lent on the cosmetic crack at the back, which no air can breach. Embarrassing service from a joke company.
Worst moment of my life, i was so angry after i left them,i went with 4 items,and they rejected 2,the other 2, 1 they said they will give me 60 pounds even i signed the receipt of good for them to say it charges slow and so they cannot give me anything,than another item after charging,unlocking,tested they rejected for the reason as the model on the back of the tablet does not match with the model they accept in the store,why they did not check for this at the beginning,i even payed extra for parking. Whats the point of checking if you reject it after all. Stop waisting peoples time and money!!!! Usless ,i swear i will never step one foot in this Cex store anywhere in the world. I do not understand, there are people looking for ceaper tablests that does just simple things ,and they rejected this ones,yes there are old but still functional and not damaged,for basic apps in apple and android just do the job. I would never buy anything from them ,they have it even quite prices all the items as well. I would not even give 1 star but had to press on THE STAR to allow me writing this review, ,I am even sock OF how I drove back home with all my high nerves!!! I am soo disappointed.
Was very happy with my first order. Ordered Sunday, dispatched same day and arrived 4 days later (would have been 3 but i changed date of delivery to following day). Items came nicely packaged and i was informed via email of all process. Im confused why i have to pay p+p on all items -i bought 6 that arrived in 2 packages but each item cost an extra £2 delivery. However, i still paid less than what i would have from anywhere else so im not complaining.
They need to look at customers rights bought a lens online .delivery was quick and well boxed. used the lens for 30 mins and the camera rejected the lens saying there was a fault i removed the lens about 5 times to reset the camera. and it kept doing it i went to my local shop to ask for a refund. and they refused saying it had to be tested first! I asked was it not tested yesterday when it was delivered out. still waiting for refund. first and last time i will buy of these
CeX is rated 1.9 based on 587 reviews