CeX Reviews

Refunds Process
Difficult
Returns Process
Could Be Better

Tell us how CeX made you happy
CeX 1 star review on 5th April 2022
Natalie Davis
CeX 1 star review on 12th June 2021
Bought a computer and a ps vita spent 255 pounds ps vita had no memory card so was unplayable, and a pc that couldn't connect to Internet or load up most games
Wnt in to wythenshawe manchester store and spent £490 2 of the items are fine. The labelled as a samsung watch 2 for £120 which turned out to be a samsung watch 4 ?? and it was £150 ?? Apparently wrong wrongly labelled 🤔 6 days later I took back to the store thinking there was a problem with battery "ran" out of power after 6/7 hours I left it for 24hrs and went back. Apparently they had "exhaustively" 🤣 tested by leaving it on a desk for a few hours and found no fault so they couldn't refund etc Apparently I would have been better off buying online as the returns policy is different. Still a scam however you put it.
Ordered Lenovo thinkcentre mini PC with 256gb storage. They sent me one with 128gb storage. I need my pc for work and don't have the time to send it back. I asked for a PARTIAL refund and said I'd just hand on to the one they sent, but they keep saying they gotta inspect the item even tho I've sent them photos clearly showing they made a mistake that they won't even acknowledge. Won't be using their services ever again.
Scam. Take money and don't send items
Printed freepost out fine and took to post office .Got email to say they had received it 2 days later. Then emails to say in for testing and with offer which i accepted. 2 days later money was in my paypal . Very happy with service.
Rude, aggressive Manager/Assistant Manager. My autistic daughter has recently been harassed for ID everytime she's been served by one particular member of staff. They won't serve my daughter a 15 certificate, even though she's 16; we have been regular customers for over 3 years now. We were publicly humiliated in front of other customers; the staff member raised his voice, so it was quite loud: we didn't raise ours. The response we received regarding our complaint was thoughtless: they completely missed the point of the issue we raised. As a result the Rhyl Branch has lost our custom.
Bloddy scammers Never ever buy from this store. I assure you that 90% out of 100 will regret after buying from this stupid store. A big scammer running the business legally
Scalping thieving scummy retailer
Don’t buy from them… I bought a galaxy fold 3 A grade for £1,400 within 2days of me buying it I lost signal no calls no emails nothing absolutely dead. I took it back to cex where they done there tests I went back 1hr later and was told the phone is fine and it’s my sim card so I went to O2 and got the sim card changed but still didn’t work. So when I done some research on the phone provider I found out the phone was reported missing or stolen so they blocked the phone When I took it back to cex with proof that the phone had been reported missing or stolen hence why I lost all signal they didnt care and told me nothing they can do ..the staff started to laugh when I said they had to sort this out asap they tried to take the phone back without refunding me (trying to cover there track’s) Well guess what the ombudsman are now involved and so is action fraud too I will get my money back
I’ve never known cex to give grade A I took a MacBook Pro in to sell it had box plus I forgot cable but they said I could buy one of them the MacBook was brought new I’d used it once kept it in a case ext got my mate to check it over who works for apple they said it’s in perfect condition no marks ext anyway it got graded B I asked why and when he asked the lady testing it he was told it’s because I didn’t have original cable I thought fair enough the nice man said bring in cable tomorrow and we will grade it A I said ok then as soon as the man said that the lady who tested it said it’s going to be graded B anyway it’s got light scratches on it what a load of rubbish I’d had it checked by 3 people who said no marks whatsoever it’s not fair ripping people off lost out on over 50 pound
The most useless company ever. Every item I buy from the Boston branch is faulty then we go through the nightmare of trying to return the item. All round useless company.
Their sales practices are intentionally misleading and their warranty is a lie. I brought a Fitbit versa 3 from CEX as it was recommended by their sales assistant for swimming. When I attempted to return the faulty item they sold me for repair I was informed that because I'd worn it in water I had voided the warranty. They should have told me this when it was purchased but instead they told me I could swim in it. Their customer service team are doing their best to dismiss my complaints too and I feel the only way forward is to refer my complaint to trading standards.
CeX 1 star review on 5th April 2022
Thank for the best customer service from Tooting Store
They offered a ridiculous price for a brand new Samsung Chromebook 4 that they will sell for 3 times the amount.
Bought a phone and a week later was broken. Took the phone back amd nothing they can do and £500 out of pocket amd no working phone. No response from head office at all. Avoid like the plague!
NO phone costumer service in 2022!!!
Poor customer service within store They do not appear to understand consumer law on faulty products And do not abide by their 24 month warranty. Avoid at all costs!!
https://chng.it/8nZPXV2TGs Sign this petition to change cex's return and refund policy.
Robbing FUCKS!!!!!! Paid £1350 for galaxy z flip 1month ago, h8d it, lost receipt so couldn't take it back to original shop so to claw back sum ££££ took it CEX ,offered me £575, thats £700+ profit for them as they sell it the for £1200...
Customers be aware! I tried to cash in a “iPad Air” at the Weymouth branch, there was no lead or charger so they stated that it was worth £56.00 subject to testing, I returned after testing, all was fine with the unit, unfortunately they now were only offering £50.20. On questioning this reduction the manager stated thar there offer was subject to testing! I pointed out that the test was fine, he then said that the staff member was new. We had agreed a price yet they failed to honour this, customer satisfaction, I don’t think so.
CeX is rated 1.87 based on 565 reviews