DICK'S Sporting Goods Reviews

of reviewers recommend DICK'S Sporting Goods
Telephone

Tell us how DICK'S Sporting Goods made you happy
I was told that I would get my treadmill at my house in few days. The delivery service has been awful, they still have not called me to set up the date. It doesn’t make sense for you to wait weeks before it arrives. Very disappointed, won’t be purchasing gym products in future. Customer service is awful, they just tell you they will send an email but the issue doesn’t get resolved.
I bought a pair of golf shoes from dicks and that will be the last thing I ever get from any of their stores. Customer service 0 nothing not 1 employee even said Hello much less offered help me. I was there at least a 1/2 hour. Tried on more than 6 pair of shoes with employees standing around doing nothing. I will shop online in the future
Customer Service - specially return policy. Didn't have the receipt but could show transaction on phone from bank. Gave us $14.90 for a $50.00 purchase. Kids don't keep receipts! Acted like they we're returning the entire amount... when called on it they just said that was normal. It's not like your not going to resell them for the higher price, getting twice your money back! I would rather donate them then give you were extra profit. I'll be buying online from other providers from now on.
I ordered ping pong table during the first week of Dec'20. Initially they promised to delivered it on 12/11, later they changed it to 12/22. On 12/22 Dicks delivered wrong package and left. While chatting with Dicks support they didn't apologize for their mistake instead they asked me to drop the wrong package in their showroom. After talking to various people, their manager came on line and promised to resolve it. Its been more than 10 days, no response from her.
I have 2 sons in sports, so needless to say I have spent a lot of money at DICK’S. I am a score card member and a card holder. My son went with his grandfather to get me a Christmas gift and it is to small, all the tags are intact and DICK’S said they can’t give me a full refund or store credit without a receipt. They want to give me 25$ back for a sweatshirt that cost 45$. Who gets gifts with receipts? DICK’S also said I can get my sons grandfather’s credit card he paid with to swipe it and get the full refund. Here is my second question, who gives someone else their credit card to return items? I understand I don’t have the receipt and would have taken a store credit but I’m absolutely not going to except half price. So what do I do with a sweater that doesn’t fit anyone?
I did the majority of my online shopping at Dicks! They were AMAZING!!! Everything shipped in a timely manner, I got great pack Friday and cyber Monday deals, customer service (chat) was very responsive and helpful, and when I needed to exchange a large item, they were so very accommodating. I am especially want to thank MATT IN BIKES AT APPLE GLEN IN FORT WAYNE as he was so nice and patient and good to me!! Next Christmas, I’m shopping at Dicks!!!!
Yesterday I had (another) issue with trying to buy something at Dick's Sporting Goods via their website and scheduled for an instore pick-up at the Short Pump, VA store. Below is a paraphrased version of the issues I encountered. I sent a letter to the President (Lauren Hobart) of Dick's yesterday... it seems they are much faster at charging your credit card than acknowledging a customer issue, because I never got a reply from anybody at the company! I am leaving Dick's Sporting Goods and going to other sport stores for my sporting equipment and apparel needs.

I had a $40 gift coupon to use for being a Scorecard member. So, I went on-line and found 2 items that I purchased. One was Bombas Women's Running socks and the other was a 2-pack CALIA Women's Running Socks. I bought 2 of the Bombas and 1 of the CALIA socks for a total price of $44.24. I applied my $40 gift coupon and charged the remaining $4.24 to a credit card. The order was to be picked up in the Short Pump, VA store (I believe store 128). About 45 minutes after I placed the order, I received an email notification telling me that the CALIA socks are not available and that the item was cancelled but I was not yet billed for it. The next email indicated that my order subtotal was $32.00 for the Bombas socks (which is correct) and $29.09 Rewards has been applied to my order and the remaining $3.08 was charged to my credit card. Here are the issues that I see thus far: First, their website showed the CALIA socks in-stock, but then the store decided to cancel them (maybe the inventory count was wrong or the employee couldn't find them). This is frustrating because in my mind, the product should not have been an available item on their website. Second, if my total was $32.17 (which included tax), then why wasn't my $40 gift coupon used instead of rewards points and the balance being charged to my credit card? Again, an issue that should not have happened, which is frustrating for a customer.

So, to get my $40 gift coupon reinstated, I enlisted the help of their CHAT line and spoke with Anna. Note, that Anna tried to be as helpful as possible. She was extremely professional and very polite and empathized with my situation. HOWEVER, I left our conversation a bit confused. During our chat conversation I made the statement that I have been shifting away from Dick's Sporting Goods and buying my sporting gear and apparel from Amazon. I guess that doesn't matter, because I never saw any ears perk up when I communicated this. Moving to Amazon or others pains me because I have been a loyal Dick's Sporting Goods Customer for such a long time. Anyway, this ended up being my last point of frustration. So do you blame me for taking my purchases to Amazon?

Again, I never heard anything else back from the store or the President. I hope they are able to turn around their customer service scores... just GOOGLE Dick's Sporting Goods reviews; they get what they deserve.
Beware if you order from them and expect to receive your order - they canceled my order and never even told me that they were canceling it, one week before Christmas leaving me to scramble to replace the gift. I will not order from them again.
Ordered a compound bow online when I got it I had received the wrong one after calling customer service they tell me they dont have anymore but I can return for refund, I ordered this for Christmas for my son now they are sold out every where else. Im not happy and will not be shopping here again
Dick’s is terrible. They have so much potential but always seem to drop the ball on me in one way or another. I’m tired of it.
Don't order things delivered from Dick's Sporting Goods. The products are ok, but the delivery is unreliable. Over a week past the promised date, and no package. They use Fed Ex. What a mistake.
Please do not buy a nishiki pueblo bike and make the same mistake I did. After two months of riding, brought it into my local bicycle store to figure out why it made so much noise. Ball bearings failed in the wheels. Replacement wheels Cost me half the price of the bike. It’s real junk.
I have been doing business with them for years. It was a good company that supported veterans by giving a discount. Recently I had a relatively large purchase and I asked for the discount. I had my military ID, however they would not honor it.
I will be returning everything and going to bass pro. They still honor military discounts
We bought an Elliptical Exercise unit at Dick's on Shaw Ave, Fresno, CA. They had to order it for me so we paid a thousand bucks for the unit, delivery and setup. First we were told that the unit would be delivered to Dick's and then to our house. We received a phone call that the unit would set up at our home on Nov. 11. This was earlier than we were first told we changed some travel plans, which cost us money, and waited for the unit to arrive. The set up team arrived but no unit! They called Dick's and could not get an answer on where the unit was. I called and was told that Dick's didn't have any record of my purchase! I read them the order number that was e-mailed to me and they said that they had no record. They said that I had to call headquarters to find out what happened but as far as the store was concerned...well in fact they were NOT concerned. I called headquarters and read them the order number. They said that they had no order number with only 9 numbers and the first number had to start with a 1. Mine started with a 2. They said that the unit was being handled by their "web" service. So, could I call them? No. There was no public phone number. What should I do? Well, they said that they would send an e-mail to them and somebody would call me back. Nobody ever called me back. As far as Dick's was concerned they felt no responsibility for getting my purchase to me. They really lived up to their "name".
The people at the store were rude and abrupt. They could not care less. They had my one thousand and that is all they were interested in. The people at the headquarters were basically ignorant and would not call the store to see why the order number was wrong nor offer me any solution to my problem. If you shop at Dick's that must mean that there is no other sports store in your city because you are dealing with a very stange company.
Just tried to use discount codes I had seen advertised but neither were working. Chat w/ customer service invited me to checkout the excluded brands, it seems to be EVERY brand?
13 Fishing/One 3
West Coast Goalkeeping
Wilson
Wynit-Yuneecs
YETI
We bought bike recently at Dicks. I think the brand they sell is called Nishiki. We had to throw that bike away few weeks later. Exremely bad quality. I think Dicks buys very low quality bikes from Asia and does not sell good quality bikes we see in bike sotres. I would probably trust Dicks with clothing and small items, like baseball gloves, small sports items but I would be very careful about buying large ticket items there and especially bikes. Those money will be likely wasted.
Nothing like standing around with shoes waiting on help only to be ignored! There goes 160 bucks walking out your door. Looks like I will order online seems to be the only way to get what is needed anymore!!
On Dick's website they claim that they price match with Amazon. The store I went to doesn't, and the online customer service person I contacted was useless.
The store and company are just trash. Can’t buy any hunting gear or any ammo. I hope they close them all
No hunting gear anymore. I have no reason to ever go to this store again. Say goodbye to dicks. It’s a dying store.
DICK'S Sporting Goods is rated 1.85 based on 75 reviews