Aircoach Reviews

of reviewers recommend Aircoach
Read Aircoach Reviews

About Aircoach:

Ireland's favourite coach operator with services from Dublin Airport to Cork, Belfast, Galway and three routes to Dublin City Centre and onward to the South Dublin suburbs of Leopardstown, Killiney and Greystones. We are proud of our Airport Coach Operator of the Year 2020 title, and we remain committed to innovation. Hop on board our modern coaches for safe, reliable, convenient journeys to Dublin Airport and beyond - all at a great value.

+353 (0)1 8447118

info@aircoach.ie

Tell us how Aircoach made you happy
My parents took the 5am cork-dublin bus today. (the 15th of August) They took a screenshot of the QR code sent by another member of our family to travel, as a gift trip to Ireland. They do not speak english at all, and handed their phone with the QR code to the bus driver, who did not even bother checking if they are on the list of passengers or not (for example by asking their IDs or passport), when the same driver could not find some 8 digits numbers with the ticket to identify them. The bus driver did not allow them on board, as my guess is that he does not have a QR code reader!!!! What's the point of printing tickets with QR code, then. I tried to reach out to the person who booked the ticket, but at 4:45am, who would wake up if you are living on the other side of the world? Finally, when I begged the driver that we were willing to pay for the tickets again, he finally looked at the passenger list, and allowed them on board. So either he did not have a QR code reader which is fine but then he should have a passenger list in the first place to avoid this type of arguing and stress.
very poor website runs in loops call centre useless
Ridiculously inefficient. Why does the sign at Killiney Castle Hotel say that the bus departs EVERY HOUR AT 5 mins TO THE HOUR???? I’m here waiting one hour and 20mins!!!!!
No refund!?! We contacted Aircoach three weeks before the booked date to cancel the trip to the airport. To our request we got the answer “Unfortunately we can’t give you a refund, what would you like us to do?” We never came across a no refund policy and are upset. Below this box it asks How easy was it to get a refund? How many days did the refund take? Are you joking????
I am currently sitting on the bus from Dublin airport to Belfast glengall street. As I was boarding the driver stopped me an told me to put my bag under the bus I explained that the bag contained all my medication he started shouting at me and really made me feel intimidated. I opened my bag an showed him all my medication and shouted at me again saying I have no consideration for health and safety ( I do ). We have used this service many many times no driver has ever questioned the bag of medication before this is the first, so to start my journey home I was spoke to like a piece of dirt on someone's shoe an being reduced to tears. If that's the type off treatment you want for yourself then use aircoach but I won't be spoken to like that again and I will be taking my custom elsewhere.
The whole service from start to finish was very bad and a complete failure. The bus driver seemed to be annoyed with the fact that I wanted to pay with card and was very rude and even tried to over charge me. When I asked politely if he was correct, he rolled his eyes and just started breathing heavy. Would not recommend using at all
Extremely rude driver who refused to help me with luggage after I explained I had mobility problems. I showed him my invalidity Card but he stood beside me and watched me struggling to move luggage around to get my own bag. A very unhelpful nasty driver.
I must share my recent experience of Aircoach whereby I was not allowed onto the coach because the driver had sold my (paid) seat to another passenger, which led to further problems which almost led to me missing my international flights connecting to Japan, and which resulted in several hours of unexpected distress/panic, and additional train and taxi expenses. I have requested a refund of my unused ticket but have not received any response. Saturday 23 July 2022 0757 - I rushed to the Aircoach stop in Cork, for the 0800 departure to Dublin airport. My first of 3 flights was due at 1500; I had checked-in online, so I needed to just drop off my bags by 1330 (i.e. 90 minutes prior to departure). By getting the 0800 coach, I would arrive at Dublin airport, 2 hours before the bag drop limit. I had booked and paid for my seat on the 0800 Aircoach over a month earlier, while planning my Ireland trip at home in Japan; I envisaged a smooth journey where I could relax/sleep on the coach journey to Dublin airport. THE DRIVER TOLD ME MY SEAT HAD BEEN GIVEN TO SOMEONE ELSE; I SHOULD NOT PUT MY LUGGAGE IN THE TRUNK, AND I WAS NOT PERMITTED TO RIDE THIS COACH. I explained that I had paid for my seat on the coach; he told me it is stated in the ticket conditions that passengers should arrive 10 minutes before; latecomers' seats would be given to other walk-up passengers. In my mind, I wasn't late - the departure was at 0800, I had arrived a few minutes early, so I expected to be able to take my seat. * I admit that I had NOT read the conditions on the ticket; I had assumed that like in all other transport - trains, buses etc. - as long as you arrive before departure time, no matter how last-minute you arrive, you are allowed to ride, especially so if you have bought an advance ticket. So in that respect, strictly speaking, it is all my fault. Throughout the following hours, during train and taxi journeys, everyone I spoke to were of the opinion that Aircoach's policy is at the very least unusual, and it could be argued that it is really quite unfair to paying passengers* I would like to share with you how my day unfolded after I was refused boarding of the 0800 coach. The driver told me the next Aircoach is at 0900 and I could ride it instead. 0845 - the 0900 Aircoach arrived. I thought I would wait for all 0900 departure passengers to board, then I would ask if there was a spare seat for me. I hadn't realized that several people with no booking were speaking to the driver and he was making a mental list of who was waiting. I thought that because I had been waiting the longest (1 hour), I would be automatically first in line. The result - several people who had spoken to the driver got the spare seats; I did not. I was confused about the system, the driver told me that I must make my presence known to the driver to be in his waiting list. 0945 - the 1000 Aircoach arrived; I had stood outside the shelter in the slight rain with my bags, so I could make a desperate attempt to get this coach; any later than this, I would miss my flight. I "grabbed" the driver immediately and told him I wanted to wait for a free seat. I was first in line. Everyone turned up - I could not get on the coach. The driver suggested waiting for the 1100 service (this would arrive at 1430; my flight was at 1500, and the bag drop limit 1330) 1000 - sheer panic set in. Would I need to pay 100s of Euros for a taxi from Cork to Dublin Airport? A waiting person told me the train station was nearby; I should take the train. 1010 - arrived (running) at Cork (Kent) station; paid around 47 Euros for a train to Dublin Heuston. 1310 - train arrived (12 minutes late) at Dublin Heuston. I had carried all the bags through the crowded train so I could be at the front, to get off ahead of the crowds, to run for a taxi. 1320 - get a taxi to airport (25 Euros) 1350 - arrive at Dublin Heuston airport. Run with all my bags to Qatar Airways counter. Bag drop limit was 1330; I knew I was late, thought perhaps I might not be able to board the flight - stay in Dublin more nights, pay for flight on another day?! 1400 - arrive at Qatar Airways counter. Some passengers were having a problem. 1415 - staff allows me to drop off my bag and gives me free FastTrack for security, so I don't miss my flight. 1445 - after security, immigration and more running, I arrive at the departure gate, and catch my flight. In my mind, I had arrived (just) in-time for the 0800 Aircoach; I had paid for my seat. Instead, I had an extremely traumatic day, paid an additional 72 Euros for alternative transport, and didn't have the chance to use the Aircoach ticket I had bought. I suppose you could say that everything that happened was my own fault. But I would urge Aircoach to rethink the boarding policy so that other future _paying_ passengers do not have to experience the distress I did, or even worse, even miss their flight. Of course I would be particularly happy if Aircoach would as a goodwill gesture offer some compensation in regards of my additional 72 Euros expense. But at the very least, I would expect that Aircoach would refund the 19 Euros for my unused ticket.
Went on two different air coach buses in the space of a week and both times the smell at the back of the bus was overwhelming. Absolutely disgusting. If it had been just once i wouldn’t of put up a review but twice sitting with that smell for 3 hours is horrible
I booked my return trip from Dublin airport paying the flexible fee. My flight was due in at 17:10 so I booked the 19:00 bus to cover delays. My flight was delayed but we landed with still enough time for me to collect my luggage and still get the bus, unfortunately there was a longer delay at reclaim resulting in me being 5 mins late and missing the bus. Not Aircoach fault. However, when I asked their agent on site would I be able to get on the next bus I was told “not likely and I don’t know the computer is down and the bus is likely booked up”. I explained the delay and flexibility option I was told I had up to one hour before bus departure to change however as I was on a plane I couldn’t ring, nor did I know there was a problem at baggage. I was then advised to try Translink, which I did and had to pay another £15 but least I got home. Thanks for nothing Aircoach - definitely would not recommend to anyone
Terrible customer support. Having issues with the tickets I purchased from them online, nobody answers the phone or email queries.
Arrived to the coach in Belfast to head to Dublin. Was refused entry to the bus as the driver had sold our tickets to someone else??? (Would love to know if that was official or cash in hand) He was beyond rude and actually quite intimidating. When I asked for a refund he refused. Once I asked for his name so I could lodge a formal complaint he turned his ID card around so I couldn't see his details and refused to give me his name. We then had to walk to the other side of the city to get a train to Dublin instead. On the way home from Dublin to Belfast, 15 mins into the journey we were told to get off the coach and onto a different white coach from another company (so why did we pay Aircoach) which was half full so we were packed on. Shocking, won't be using Aircoach again
Your website is useless. Try contacting the company who did the website for citylink. Much easier to use and timetables accessable
Wow!! what an incredible experience that was! I encountered the most ignorant bus driver of all time! Despite having a booking, and showing the booking to him he said I had the wrong day of travel. He was wrong with his days! Then he decided to change tact and decided to argue the point with me then saying I wasn’t booked at all! Again I told him I had and showed him the booking again and after he eventually decided i had a booking and that it was on the right day he decided to let me on the bus. Even though he had left my partner on a few minutes earlier with the same booking. Incredible! Fawlty Towers of the bus transport world.
Buses never work on time. I’ve had to wait more than 20-30 minutes from the time the bus is supposed to depart but the bus didn’t show up. While I write this review, I was waiting for the bus to Dublin from Cork at 0700 and the bus arrived at 0740. This has happened on multiple occasions in Dublin and Cork. Because of these I have been late for some appointments. What an inconvenience… Customers should be notified if the bus is getting super late.
I booked tickets today to go to the airport for Sunday this 17th April for service 700 but they changed route but not update their website to inform the passenger..if they updated thier web site .. i would not buy a ticket on the web site, and they are not willing to refund.. I think it's a disgraceful, and It's not good company to use and I will not recommend to any one. called customer service and spoken to by some one by the name of Michael and he was not helpful at all.
Our driver was really good - he dealt with a lot of different challenges.
Lisa, my driver from Galway to Dublin, was so lovely and helpful, in addition to being an excellent driver. She went above and beyond to teach me about the city and to ensure I knew which buses to take to get to my next location. This is a wonderful service with a wonderful staff. Ireland is a place that I hope to return to because of friendly, warm people like Lisa.
The website is brutal. Worse than your old one
I have used Aircoach at 1AM from Cork to Dublin airport today. It was FREEZING in the bus! Absolutely horrible, everyone was frozen. 3 hours in there, I’m sure it was not even 10 degrees Celsius. The lights are also extra bright so let me tell you that I couldn’t sleep at all. Please do not turn on the A/C when it’s 15 degrees outside! And switch off these horrible lights at night so people can sleep.
Aircoach is rated 4.3 based on 8,617 reviews