Virgin Media Reviews

Dave
Virgin Media 1 star review on 23rd October 2022
Mark R
Virgin Media 1 star review on 15th September 2022
What an unbelievable experience! From downright lying to me to exceptionally poor customer care, automated messages on for weeks that say they have a complete outage and departments who cannot communicate and then blame each other. I have attempted to have a business line fixed for over a month and it has been an complete dog show. Engineers giving conflicting advice, being told they have done work that the have not and when you state you just wish to leave your choices are stay and we may compensate you or leave but you get nothing for a service that does not work. Internet connection just drops off 3 - 5 times a day and randomly resets your router which in turn knocks out connectivity from all your devices. Engineers take over a week to get to your property and then do nothing. They leave and then rearrange the next appoint for more than a week later and then don't arrive. Next appointment is again over a weeks wait. Notes say that engineers cannot find basic connection points in relay cabinets and the problem continue. Virgin has successfully made it impossible to run a business on their business lines!!!
Avoid at all cost. Over a month late to go live. Five missed engineer appointment. Zero compensation and charged me full price for the month I had no Internet. Total nightmare up contract customer service.
My husband hired Virgin for our home in Dublin and we were very pleased with it, however we had to move to a more distant town called Athy and at my address R14 YP52 Virgin unfortunately does, but I'd like to be confined with Virgin. And that's why we had to cancel our contract in less than a month of use I understand that this is not our fault because you are the ones who do not serve the area in which I moved. My husband called to request a cancellation, and we were told he would have to pay for the cancellation, however my husband doesn't speak english very well and the person who answered him spoke so fast he just nodded.I don't know if this complaint will change anything as we shouldn't have to pay for the cancellation since it was your mistake for not meeting our needs. I will go on all social media to post my disappointment.
Wish I had stayed with BT Promise everything and deliver a poor product with even worse customer (no) service !!! Wi-Fi box changed 4 times speed good but drops out randomly but very regularly, customer service contacted me after I opened a complaint and then don’t call you back. They offer pods to help but want to charge you more for them then agree to give you them free and charge you for them anyway. Don’t trust anything they say in their brilliant marketing trap as the product it’s even worth 1STAR So wish I had stayed with BT
Gave month's notice this cancel in the following week got 3 phone calls offering lower price, finally got offered same package for £39 and agreed to take it got email next day with pre contract monthly payments £54. Virgin sales people are liars trying to get you to sign up. Still going ahead with cancellation
Absolutely disgusting company. Customer services very rude and lie to you just to rip you off. Would not go anywhere near them ever again.
Don't deserve any stars Can you give review without giving any star! Having problems with Virgin TV 360 not getting catch up or app, just spent 1hour 20 minutes on phone, talking to two different person and two different date's on work carried by ther engineers to fixing the fault, one of the persons call SIPO (if that is his real name) shouldn't be working there doesn't have any customer service skills, Virgin Media need to sort there staff out and monitor thre staff attitude
I have raised 4 complaints to date, only one was ever logged, and none ever called back, I did once get an email back the following day saying thanks for my time, glad we could resolve this issue and make out like we had just chatted on the phone. They have owed me £170 for six and half months now, and keep saying the cheque is in the post. Crooks! And I am reporting the to Cisas (which is their ombudsman). Genuinely would not go near with a barge pole and wish I had read reviews before I bought them, which luckily i got out of as they delayed my installation 3 times and I never got connected, and they couldnt tell me why. I was without home broadband for 3 months in total before I cancelled it.
I am very appalled by how long it has… I am very appalled by how long it has and is still taking to resolve my issue. My internet (connected to my £2000 computer via an enternet 2 meter fibre cable) which is for 1 gb package, is the worst internet slow, and lagging service I have ever had. I have had 4 engineers, made dozens of phone calls and been hanged up on by services team on virgin media before. I am apparently being traffic managed. I stream video games on twitch and I have a large social media gathering. I am this close to complain about you on all my platforms. I have had nothing but trouble for this entire year. And for the past 2 months I have had enormous lags and slow speed during a live video game like league of legends 500 lag ping spikes. As a grown adult who has been using your services for 10 years I am extremely disappointed.
Been with the company for many years When it was diamond cable Rang them up To see what they could do About how much I pay a month Because I have just got cancer And my wife does not work All I got was somebody from abroad Would not listen All they could say was can you recommend a friend Did not try to help at all Is very disappointed with Virgin media When my contract runs out in December I will be leaving
Honesly terrible customer service. Long wait times, calls dropping, disorganised staff. Avoid at all costs.
Nightmare to get through to. Overcharged 2x months in a row. Vodafone alot better experiance more stable wifi.customer care opens later. Virgin Were involved in past in charging 13 months for 12 month contract.
Absolute travesty to deal with customers service at Virgin Media, if there was a minus valuation I would have chosen it. Sooooo stressful to deal with virgin services. One of the worst I have ever experienced, EVERY TIME, not just a one off. Forced horrible music to listen to, ages to answer, crackly line considering it is with a communication company. The very scandalous issue is that a 30 days notice must be given by the customer to cancel or carry on with the contract, even if the contract comes to an end of its date naturally. Virgin will carry on charging customer at a HIGHER rate than was paying during contract time because the discount has ended. This is even despite a pre arranged contract was signed with virgin before the end of current contract. But the new contract must have been signed before the 30 days notice arrives, otherwise the more expensive charge will apply regardless of the new contract.
Their service is atrocious. They messed up the deliver of my equipment. It’s the simplest thing, nothing technical, and hear I am on a call that is going into its second hour. Garbage, please spare yourself the grief and go with Hyperoptic. Much better option if they are available in your area that is.
This is the worst service ever. I order a broadband and not satisfy with the service. I want to cancel it. It turns to nightmare. The dont take the call for moer that 40 minutes. After they pick up, They just transfer you from one person to another. Finally, when you get to the relevant department, immediately you tell them that you want to cancel, they just hang up on you.
Please don’t go with this company I was with them for years and they kept just putting the monthly fee up till I was paying £130 a month when I’d had enough and they refused to drop the payments I left put in my 30 day notice was told last bill £85. They taken £130 refused to refund the money saying I had to Wait 45 days. The equipment booked in collocation they didn’t come. Then sent 1 box for 4 virgin boxes on the day I received this box I got a text saying I was charged £40 for not returning their equipment. After trying to demand the fine be removed and for them to return my money, Was told the fine would be removed when I get a box myself and post back myself their equipment and I still have to wait for the money they had taken that wasn’t theirs because it’s their policy. That’s not counting the times I was passed around and phone put down on me trying to sort this out I have never been treated like this in my life. It’s criminal what their doing and getting away with it.
I paid all the bills on time. When I was trying to move the service from my old home to a new home I requested a technician but they didn't agree and they asked me to install it at the new address myself. Submitted a request on Saturday to disconnect the service on Monday (at the old address) and activate it at the new address. They were supposed to disconnect at 12 pm (my request was) but they disconnected at 12 am. Called them and they were very rude. Supposed to be back ON at the new address at 8 am but has not been activated till now. Called 6 times and went through many security questions but still not fixed yet. Very bad customer service and rude agents but they sent me an estimated bill for 71 GBP at the new address. They don't even know how to pull my account with my account number. Worst experience. Avoid this provider at all costs.
Everything is awful about their service: dropping out, stopping altogether, always being fixed but never actually working. Shockingly bad - avoid at all costs.
I would have given them 0 if I had the option, worst, missold to me, overcharged, cancelling is a big hassle, have to spend hours.
Tried to change contract from landline and broadband to broadband only ,simple ??.was on the phone for nearly two hours .she was trying to sell me mobile phone deals ,extra tv channels which I don't want ..to change to broadband only was more expensive than what I am currently paying .so to change to a lower rate I had to change my password which I done .she said the new contract will be sent .went on their link and it wouldn't accept my name so I couldn't see it..tried ringing them several times they were asking for my password,,wouldn't accept that . Next day spent nearly an hour trying to get through to them, eventually I got through to them only to have to go through the whole procedure again ..this is the worst customer service I have ever known If I had known about it I would have cancelled virgimedia and went somewhere else .speaking to someone you can understand might help ,I would advise anyone to try elsewhere..
Virgin Media is rated 1.2 based on 1,778 reviews