Virgin Media Reviews

Returns & Refunds
Refunds Process
Difficult

Tell us how Virgin Media made you happy
Worst customer service ever. Very disappointing.
Absolutely disgusted that after being a loyal customer for 10 years i have been charged £250 to disconnect as I'm moving home and Virgin media DO NOT provide service in my new area!!! Customer service is also appalling!!!
I wish there was an option of not allocating any star. Rippers. Goons. They harass their customers while they quit. Same post code, 0.6 miles away, told that they are not offering g service there. As they can't offer their service, they decided to finish my contract. As they are not able to serve me as I move, so the contract finishes at the cost of early termination fee 245£. My services were cut off 24 hrs before agreed time. Very next day, they email me that I have been slapped with 65£ because I have not yet returned the router. Collection points they tell, most of them don't work now. So whatever you do, plz plz plz plz plz plz plz, stay well away from Virgin. If you still want their services..... Good Luck.
I had on line chat about renewing my contract and tried to get the new 360 box included as an incentive. They came back and offered it for a £3 a month increase. I asked if they could wave the £3 charge and was told I'd need to speak to another department. Then a message came saying there was a one hour wait to speak to them. Time to go back to Sky.
Worst experience ever!
Virgin Business Broadband – think twice! Virgin is advertising their VOOM 500 for small business online with their marketing slogan “Fast is good. Ultrafast is better” or “Ultrafast, Ultra-reliable”. But be forewarned, don’t be fooled! Having committed to their VOOM Fibre broadband for our business we have found ourselves without internet on more occasions than acceptable in this day and age. The first incident occurred in November 2020 when they claimed the fibre broadband line has broken and they need to “repull the wires” (a term that I have started to literally despise!) this repull took them until mid-January 2021. We were all happy that finally we had internet and we could operate our business again without having to rely on hotspots that kept cutting out. But fear not, our bliss was short lived! Mid-March 2021 the internet went down again and we were told early April that they need to “repull the wires” as they have broken… Again. I was told that the fibre line is too thin and can’t handle the speed at which point I started to question whether this is something we have to expect on happening every other month as clearly if so, this broadband is not fit for purpose! Since early April I am being told “the works have been rescheduled to the next day”, only to find that the next day is then the next day and then the next day… you get the gist. Also don’t bother calling their Faults Team as they are useless, all they will do, if you are lucky, read what they see on the screen, frankly you would get more information out of a monkey! On several occasions did I provide an update to them and they would call me to update their records with an update from what I found out. I should have asked to be put on their payroll! It is now end of May and we are still without internet, it’s borderline insane. Early April, I also demanded that they provide us with one of their MiFi options, which initially they had the audacity to tell me we have to pay an additional £7. Excuse me!? So you charge us £75 for an internet connection that is non-existent and ask for an additional £7 so that we can run our business because you are incapable of fixing our business broadband? The mind seriously bogles. After a lot of emails back and forth, they begrudgingly sent out on of their “dongles” but don’t think it came in a box with instructions. No, we received a few bits in a plastic Ziploc bag with no instructions. When I spoke to our contact he said that he has never seen such a contraption, but managed to unearth an instruction manual or as he called it a “handy guide”, only that the guide wasn’t handy at all and neither was the dongle. Needless to say, that it didn’t work! The light didn’t even flash, letting me believe the part is either faulty or broken, with no surprise as it is clearly a returned item. So back we are at square one, more than 2 months in, running a business without internet! If you are looking for a fast broadband for your business, Virgin definitely isn’t your answer! Stay away at all costs.
The worst company ever, paying so much for just internet, and my daughter still cannot participate in online lessons just because this company cannot take care of their costumer.
Genuinely the worst wifi package I have ever had to endure, speeds of under 1mbps for hours at a time, every day. Impossible to stream any movies, work from home or even use your mobile phone. Making it worse, they sent out technicians to fix it who told us there was nothing wrong. Less than 1mbps is ‘nothing wrong’
We have been loyal customers with Virgin Media for 23 years, so disappointing they have no good will. We are paying approximately £40 a month more than new customers and comparable providers. I tried to speak to virgin media after holding for over an hour I was told if you are not happy just leave. Disgraceful
CHARGED ME £240 TO LEAVE BECAUSE THEY COULDN'T PROVIDE SERVICE. AVOID AT ALL COSTS. SCAM ARTISTS WITH TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE
I now have my land line working but still no TV. I am thinking of going to Sky. I will not have all the wires in my lounge. I never known Sky to go down.
Virgin Media are a company that are only interested in getting money off you. If you have an issue it is impossible to get anyone to deal with it. You can only speak to an Indian call centre and only then after at least a 1 hour wait for your call to be answered. Even then nothing is done. They are completely impervious to complaint .
The TV and broadband was faulty from the beginning. Took me hours of calls and almost 5 days to get through to someone who could help, I cancelled the services immediately and Virgin with drew their services without warning despite saying they would contact me first. They then billed me despite being assured they wouldn't on my cancellation call. I called back and was assured that a credit would be raised and received an email to that effect. They then sent another bill the following month. I spoke to someone who said that it should have been credited and they would speak to their manager to ensure it was. They then sent another bill the following month and followed up the same day with an email demanding payment from a debt collector. Another hour on the phone to 2 different people at Virgin the 1st one hung up! Assured it was all fixed. Well we will see if it is! I called the debt collector who also assured me it was fixed. SO TO SUMMARISE A NIGHTMARE COMPANY WHO HAVE WRECKED MY CREDIT RATING THROUGH THEIR TOTAL INCOMPETENCE AVOID AT ALL COSTS!
1 star is more than you deserve. Virgin tv has completely packed up on me. The earliest you can come out is Wednesday? That says to me that your service ent worth a wank. And your flat out sorting out other people with the same problem. Would I have the same reaction if I didn’t pay the bill but said I could drop it off in a couple of days??? Sure you’d be able to do something quick then. Cuntarse dickfaced fuckwits.
Total scam. Try to obtain money through deception after you have cancelled.
Awful customer service. Lots of outages with nobody to speak to about it - just an automated message. When I left, I was told I'd receive an envelope to return my router. Before I received the envelope I was charged £65 to my account, bombarded with text messages asking me to confirm a collection date which I responded to and finally an email saying they were charging because of a failed attempt to contact me to arrange a return on the day that I received the packaging to return the router. When I called to complain, they just didn't care and said even though I received texts saying they were going to collect, I now have to return it to a Collect+ shop.
I closed my account with Virgin and moved else where as they are too exspensive and all ways had issues with there service. My account was all paid off when I left them. Little did I know six months down the line Virgin Media didn't finalize there end and send off to Equifax that my account was settled and paid. My credit score has been impacted impacted greatly in a negative way and can't take credit out. Credit is everything these days and virgin have taken this away from me. I paid my bills on time how can this happen to a PAYING CUSTOMER!? Customer service is none existent, their service is intermittent and ruin your credit score!
Everymonth Vigin media bills is going up so I told them I am cancelling my membership the customer service told me i have to call in month of May so that they can cancel it so I did then when I call on the given date they told me that I am a new contract and it will end next year of 2022 I was shocked as I did not confirm I would like to continue with them. and to add to this agony they did not send me confirmation of the contract showing that I have extended it till next year I am still in agony dealing with this company. I will tell everyone to avoid them
Worst customer service ever!!!! They just lost a customer but they didn’t care at all. I place my order and didn’t hear anything from them. When I called again the service was awful, no communication at all between departments so I had to repeat myself and I was given different guidelines on what to do. I’m glad that this happened before I signed the contract with them.
It is the worst service anyone can get in Horley. They promised a speed of 50MBPS, and when I complained that I don't get the right speed, they said the promised speed is with an ethernet cable only and not with WIFI. We do not promise any WIFI speed; it's a myth and doesn't trust virgin media promised WIFI speed. Only if you pay an extra 4-5 GBP will you get the promised speed. Otherwise, you can pay a fine and leave. Don't really get stuck in this rabbithole. They only know how to rip the customer before giving any promised service.
Virgin Media is rated 1.17 based on 1,395 reviews