Policy Expert Reviews

4.7
Based on 18,309 reviews
Read Policy Expert Reviews

About Policy Expert:

Our customers are at the heart of everything we do, and our team of experts have a real passion for making sure people get the right cover for them.

Policy Expert is driven by a desire to help our customers find not only the best value insurance, but the right insurance for their individual needs.

Our dedicated Experts are always on hand to help - either online or over the phone. Whether you want assistance in finding the right policy or even handling a claim, we make sure it’s all handled by experts.

ask@policyexpert.co.uk

Easterine M
Policy Expert 5 star review on 14th July 2021
Policy Expert 5 star review on 26th June 2021
Bob H
Where's the Policy? This is the only email I've received.
Good morning, Thank you for your review. All of your policy documentation is stored on your online account and you are able to view this at any time. I have sent you an email with a 're-set' password link, please click on the link and follow the steps until you are logged in. You can then see all of your policy documents on your online portal and download/print them as you wish. If you have any problems, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our customer service team on 0330 0600 632. Thanks Hannah
No really answering my questions
Good morning, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am sorry to hear that you feel we did not really answer your questions. Please either give us a call on 0330 0600 632, or email us at ask@policyexpert.co.uk and we will be happy to answer any queries you may have. Thanks, Hannah.
This is my third year running with Policy Expert. (I have yet to make a claim.) Renewing is easy as it is done automatically. (I don't actually like auto-renewal. I know it helps some people as not everyone can remember to renew a policy, but I do and if I decide to choose another insurer, it means I have to remember to cancel the auto-renewal on this one as well as take out a new policy. I know this also annoys many of my friends and family.) However, the auto renewal this year added another service which I didn't have last year and didn't require this year. So three weeks before renewal, I logged in to my account and cancelled that bit just in case I chose to stay with Policy Expert. .............. But it doesn't cancel that the add-on service, unless you at the same time, agree to renew and pay straight away, or cancel completely........ Unless you do either of those, the auto-renewal remains the same as set by Policy Expert and not what you have changed it to. Worse still, five days before my renewal date, I still hadn't decided whether to stay with Policy Expert, but I received an email saying the policy had been renewed, money had been taken from my account, including for the added service that I had tried to cancel........... I telephoned Policy Expert. They were very helpful and polite and made the appropriate alterations............. But it should never have had to come to that. Adding on extras and taking money early is a big NO! NO!............. Come on Policy Expert, you can do better than that and unless there is a big change in this system next year, I won't be renewing.
You try to call and get stuck on the phone for ages, when you eventually get through to tell you i do not need the insurance next year, you say we have done the paperwork this is a week before the policy expires so this will now cost you £31 what a ripping off company stay well clear.
Good afternoon Gary, Thanks for your review. I am sorry to hear you had trouble getting through to us, if ever we are busy there is an option to leave your number and for us to call you back. I can see we have issued a full refund so I am unsure why you have been advised it will cost you £31. I have sent you over a direct email to request further information from you, once I have heard back I will be able to give you a call and clarify the details of this for you. I look forward to hearing back from you. Thanks, Vicky
I wasn't very pleased with the automatic renewal option that I had opted out of, so I'm fairly disappointed with them taking my money still.
Good morning, Thank you for leaving us a review. We always contact you around 30 days prior to your renewal date to confirm if we will be automatically renewing your policy or not. At this stage, you are able to 'opt out' of this. Unfortunately, if we do not hear from you, we will assume you are happy with your policy renewing and take payment automatically. I have sent you a separate email regarding this now, please respond directly back to me and we can get this rectified for you. Thanks, Hannah.
Policy was easy to set up but when I didn't want to renew due to increased fee's (which cannot be done via email), I had to call. I waited for 10 mins to speak with someone (I did press the option to not renew), when I said I didn't want to renew and cancel my policy, I was told he was passing me onto someone. Another 10 mins later I spoke to a woman who asked for all my details and read me terms and conditions in full, then after about 5 mins with her she said she couldn't help me and had to pass me onto someone else. I held on for about 7 mins then my mobile went and someone said that the call drop yet I could still hear the hold music. So 32 mins on my phone. The other person then again asked me for all my information again as well as reading the T&C's. Glad I didn't have to make a claim how poor an experience would this be if I can't just simply stop my renewal. Not Happy and unlikely to use this company again in the future due to this poor experience.
Good afternoon, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry to hear about your experience. Whilst we do have to go through security and ensure our customers are aware of our Terms & Conditions I can appreciate how frustrating it must have been to have to do this multiple times. I will ensure that this is picked up internally as this is not the process that should be followed. If you would like to discuss this further or if there is anything further we can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team either by phone or email. Regards - Hannah.
My advice is to look at reviews of those who need to submit a claim. I'm about 8 weeks into a claim for water damage for a leak. Basically without going into long detail they offered me a pay out which I declined until I got a contractors price. This was nearly 50% more than what I was offered. They began requesting a comprehensive breakdown of what work the contractor was going to do. I pointed out to them the contractor had listed the price of every job their surveyor said needed doing. The person handling the claim said this wasn't acceptable and they wanted the cost of materials (mastic, nails, wood, paint ect). They then said they would send their own contractor but wouldn't tell me who or where they were from. Essentially my claim is still unresolved. I have only had to put in one claim before in 25 years of home ownership and that was with Axa. They dealt with my claim swifty and paid out without asking for numerous resubmissions of quotes. The moral is you get what you pay for. I'll be looking for a new home insurer in the future.
Good afternoon, Thank you for your review, I am sorry to hear you have not had a smooth claims experience yet. I would like to look into this with your claims handlers as soon as possible to find out what is going on here and reach a resolution. Unfortunately with the information provided I was unable to locate you account so please give our customer services team a call at your earliest convenience and we will investigate this right away. Thanks, Vicky
Proof of NCD took months to be acknowledged. Still getting emails in from them - not read as if I hadsent stuff - months after the policy being bought
(Home Insurance) - Posted 6 years ago
When I bought the policy I was told it was the most comprehensive insurance and now when I had to make a clain nothing was covered and where at the time of buying the policy I was totally misled by the company. I paid a fortune for my insurance and still can not claim anything. It is a joke
(Home Insurance) - Posted 6 years ago
I simply asked for a quote, but a couple of days later received emails implying that I had purchased a policy. Since I have not yet received a policy booklet which forms part of the contract with Policy Expert I am still undecided. Also, I stated that if I were to buy insurance I would be likely to pay the premium in a single transaction. Nevertheless, I was then contacted by a finance company who seem think I want to have an account with them and that I would pay by instalments. Since Policy Expert's emphasis is on the low cost of their policies why would I want to pay by instalments thereby adding to the cost? The finance company's letter spells my name wrongly and one email from Policy Expert mistakes my gender. I am not impressed by this lack of professionalism. Overall the hard sell approach is likely to make me go elsewhere.
(Home Insurance) - Posted 6 years ago
Letter came through the post offering a " Too good to be true " Buildings/Contents insurance quote. After phoning them and giving details of my current level of cover, quotes turned out to be more expensive. I don't know if call operator thought I was deaf or daft or both but if I heard how good their reviews were once I heard it 20 times. Real hard sell i.e. "Well if you're happy to go with somebody not as highly rated as us that's up to you "
Policy Expert is rated 4.7 based on 18,309 reviews