Green Motion Reviews

Returns & Refunds
Returns Process
Could Be Better

Tell us how Green Motion made you happy
GREEN MOTION, GLASGOW AIRPORT - AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE! I rented a vehicle from Green Motion at Glasgow airport for 1 week. The vehicle was driven a total of 48 miles within the week. On initial inspection I pointed out a scratch on the rear of the vehicle's paintwork and was told to just take a picture of it. On returning the vehicle they pointed out a scrape on the lowest part of the plastic bumper, which most likely happened at the time of the paintwork scratch and could not easily be seen. The vehicle was also back into a fenced area. The staff were totally horrible and condescending towards me, a female on my own and half way round the world from home! The vehicle was parked in a family driveway at all times and could not have been caused by me. I would never use this company again, they are rude, offensive, bullies and a rip off!! Please avoid them at all costs, or you will likely end up paying quadruple at least what you thought your rental would cost!! Green Motion is a very poor company in my estimation who seek to add further charges to their rentals! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!
The worst car rental company I have used. They try to make money on everything. Finding small scratch and submitting you a bill for 150usd. Or making money even on your traffic fines. Will never usee this service again. Extremely dissapoitned. They are money raiders. Aram Badalyan
Why you should avoid this company at all costs: I have rented from Green Motion for years and was a part of their membership program. In 2021, I had an issue for the first time. Well, you learn how companies really work when there are issues. This was a very, very small issue and tiny amount of money compared to the thousands I’d spent with them. But they handled it horribly – Ali in customer service in particular – and now they have lost me as a customer. If this is how they handle a very small issue with a long-term customer and member of their program – imagine how they’ll handle any serious issues you might have with them? Avoid. At. All. Costs.
Leased a car from the 6th Jan 2022 to the 18th Jan 2022. First car was Hyundai Kona which has not been cleaned, had a slow car puncture and had red warning lights for brakes. I managed to get it exchanged with another one which had a puncture and I was told that i had to sort out a tyre as I had refused to take out insurance. This is ridiculous. Do these companies not cover tyre punctures? It says wheels are not covered but nowhere in the agreement does it say punctures are not covered. In any case I think I may have been given the car with puncture which is slow. The customer service is awful and this is probably due to the fact that this is a franchise. I would not rent from them again..They are a rip off....so it looks like you have a good rate rental but at the end of the day you are better off getting a car from mainstream car rentals.
Honestly I am extremely disappointed with the customer service. They give me the car 2h 1/2 late and super dirty. We rent the car In Edinburgh. First & last time. Unprofessional staff.
Totally dishonest staff and unreliable vehicles. The only reason this company got a 1 star review is because 0 was not an option! First item was the inability to decline the insurance and allow for my credit card company to cover the insurance when I rented the vehicle in Miami. The disappointment heightened as I drove off the lot and headed for my first stop near Fort Lauderdale as the rental had a severe shimmy at any speed above 40 miles per hour The disappointment peaked 2 days later when I stopped for gas around midnight and the vehicle would not restart. Mutiple calls to the number listed on my contract plus some additional numbers I was able to find on the internet gave msgs that either someone was on the phone and would return the call or to “ Feel free to respond over text” NOT WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR WHEN SEEKING ASSISTANCE IN AN UNFAMILIAR AREA! I never received a call back or text that ENTIRE night. It was not until I called GREENMOTION the next morning that the movement started to send some assistance. THEY DID NOT EVEN RETURN THE CALL! I had already contacted my personal off-road coverage provide who sent me some assistance. When the issues were mentioned at vehicle return multiple attempts where made to provide me with false information as where to file my complaints. This was boldly apparent when I immediately attempted to call the numbers provided on speaker phone and was told that the complaint needed to be filed at the rental location with the manager on duty. WHO WOULD LIKE TO GUESS THE RESPONSE WHEN I ASKED FOR THE MANAGER ON DUTY? EXACTLY! It's been over 2 months now I have sent numerous emails about my complaints to GREEN MOTION with no replies. AVOID THIS UNSCRUPULOUS COMPANY!
We rented a car at Edinburgh Airport. We arrived in the evening. At first we were forced to increase the insurance policy at the car, then there was a very quick inspection of the car, when the employee walked around with a flashlight. When returning the car, the employee immediately went to a place where there was an almost imperceptible scratch, which we were supposed to cause. In the end, it turned out to be pretty expensive. We have never encountered such an act before. Definitely not recommended.
To all appearances this is a training academy for grifters. Do not hire a car from this rag-bag of charlatans. Pay more money elsewhere and save yourself a small fortune
TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE, ENDED UP PAYING MORE THAN 1300 BRITISH POUNDS My pick up is booked for 8 am at Glasgow airport. Nobody is there at 8 o'clock, office is closed, try to call the number but that is not reachable. It is raining and the two employees materialize around 8:20 am saying there was too much traffic coming from Edinburgh. Opening the office and initiating the computers take longer than expected. It seems the system is stuck and they cant scan my documents. Also the electronic signature system is not working so after several attempts they decide to give up and proceed with printing my contract. Printing must be repeated because they make a mistake in the return point (Glasgow instead of Edinburgh Airport as per my booking). HERE THE CRUCIAL MOMENT: at the moment of signing I ask more information about the different plans and covering options but the employee seem annoyed and he does not explain properly the difference, nor the details of those plans. It is late and i decide to go with the plan used in the booking that is the basic plan (basically no coverage of incidents). It is MY BIGGEST FAULT that will turn out to be the decisive factor for me to pay more than 1w00 british pounds at the end on the top of the renting fee. Finally around 8:50 everything is cleared and i get my keys. A couple of days after I received a call from the company saying my contract is not valid because the plate number is wrong. They send me the revised version via email, but basically I have driven for a couple of days without any contract. At the end, I return the car with a damage on both left side arroys (my fault). End of the story thanks to my basic plan i have to pay a total of £1385.02 based on the following: - Near Side Front Alloy Replacement - £655.01 - Near Side Rear Alloy Replacement - £655.01 - Damage Service Fee - £75.00 My mistake: choosing the wrong renting plan Green Motion fault: not explaining properly that there are different renting plans and that with just a small additional amount I could have been easily covered and saved most of £1385.02
Added extra charges at pick up . Told me my credit card insurance would cover insurance even when I got them on the phone. Run by idiots
Rip Off. Do not use this company. Incorrectly recorded mileage, over estimated fuel at start of rental and extortionate insurance premium. Not to be trusted. Never again.
Do not use this company. Spend more and get a car. It took us 2 1/2 hours at Edinburgh airport. Hired cars all over the world. The worst ever. Never never again.
Horrible service from this car rental company . Stay away. My car in dubrovnic broke down. Smoke started coming out of the bonate and immediately car was stopped at the side of the road. No replacement of car war given and reason war driver's negligence. They reponded to my emails after 4 months saying that the driver is reponsible for the car brake down and have to pay for the damage without disclosing the evidence to me. So now I don't have damage report neither the bill . But I am suppose to unblock my credit card to allow them to debit howmuchever money they want.
Avoid this company at all costs. I made a reservation for 3 days and when I showed up they refused to provide me a vehicle because I was in the military. I have never heard anything this absurd. The employee was very unprofessional and lacked common sense. The actions is a direct reflection of the company and I advise everyone to avoid this company and take your business elsewhere.
Worst possible experience, I did not get the car because their system would not recognize any of my cards that I have been always using while renting cars in different countries. No solution was offered even though the booking was paid and there was enough money on cards to block the deposit When I asked about a refund they said I should contact the agency I booked at!!! The booking was made on their website! In addition very unfriendly and unprofessional staff, coming late to the meeting without a word of apology. Finally, I crossed to the airport and with the same card got a car at AVIS Don't go to these guys!
the worst experience ever in renting a car- It happened at Sarajevo airport...rude and unprofessional staff simply refuse to rent a pre-booked car just because the banc card was debit and not credit...huge stress, and then I went to AVIS nearby and they rented me the car using the same card
I warn you against this company. We were stretched over 120 E. There were no comments when returning the car. We had the most expensive insurance for all damages. The company did not return the deposit and after 3 weeks without contacting us, it took the money from the card !!! After many attempts to contact her, she claimed they were bills for the highway and the damage. The highway bills were 5 times overpriced. The destruction was invented by the company.
My daughter hired car for me at Edinburgh airport when I got to there rental office I produced my paperwork the guy looking after me wanted more money I agreed but when l Went to pay with my bank debit bank card he wouldn’t accept he said it had to be with a credit card which I didn’t have I didn’t get car and refused to pay the money back my daughter had paid I went to the main car hire area and drove out with car in half an hour the green motion car hire in my opinion green motion are a shower of crooks trading standards
Green Motions (in my case Edinburgh Airport) are simply bad scammers, this is not just me saying it, also the Guardian (https://bit.ly/39OYMBX) said that, as well as many reviews of the people. If someone wants to open a legal action, count on me. The facts. Unfortunately, I did not check the reviews before renting the car, I trusted the Portal that recommending it, but that was wrong. As many other people, I was charged for an almost invisible scratch that very likely was there before the renting. I cannot prove it because when I pick up my car it was late night, but regardless, I would have probably not been able to find it even in the sunlight. The drop-guy instead, after checking carefully all the car and found nothing wrong, went then straight back to the place where the almost invisible scratch was, weird! Of course, I did not have proof of the damage, therefore I was extra charged and paid. Then I remember that at the pick up, the same guy almost forced me to select the full insurance package, which eventually I did not buy, perhaps there was a link with the existing scratch, a well-established plot! I think it is a shame for a Company to work like that, and I do not understand how the employees do not feel ashamed to work in such way. At the same way, Potals that promote it (in my case Easyjet) should stay out of recommending such Companies to avoid damaging its own image too. I would never ever reccomand Green Motions to anyone. Stay out of it.
I had an Amazing experience with this rental company ! A very warm welcome and assistance from Ritz. He gave me the best car and ran things smoothly. I recommend this to everyone!
Green Motion is rated 1.18 based on 363 reviews