Holiday Autos Reviews

Holiday Autos 1 star review on 4th June 2021
M B
Holiday Autos 1 star review on 15th May 2021
Holiday Autos 1 star review on 15th May 2021
Awful company. I did not have the chance to cancel my booking because I am using Apple devices. I did booking on my iPad but was not possible to cancel on it. they don't even try to contact me to get a refund. Disgusting AVOID them
Very poor costumer service idont advice any honest person to deal with them they're a bunch of thieves trust me
OMG! I wish id have read the reviews first!! Such a rip off company! No communication with the car hire company and are making me wait 25 days for a refund! Avoid!!!!!!!
Charged credit card, then refused to rent car on the (Visa debit) card, and refused to refund the full amount.
Don’t rent from this site. They didn’t even rent me the car at the rental place because they only had manual cars but they charged me 70 euros and never returned them to me even though clearly the rental place didn’t have automatic cars in its fleet.
Families do not book with this company!! We booked a hire car in Majorca. We arrived at the airport and the instructions were to go outside and meet a minibus to take you to the car hire depot. There was only one minibus operating with a huge queue. After waiting in the queue over an hour in the boiling heat with 2 young children, we decided to get a taxi from the airport to the car depot. Once we arrived at the depot we were then faced with another huge queue. After waiting in this queue for over an hour, we had two very hungry and tired babies. There was no contact number to call, there were no representatives to even discuss this with. There was no way to contact the company other than the online chat with a computer replying with completely irrelevant responses. We informed the company through the online chat what had happened and that we were cancelling the car hire, which their T&Cs say you can get a full refund minus £43. Which we were happy to negotiate and accept the £43 charge. However the company has now said that we are not eligible for a refund as we are classed as a no show. After waiting in two queues for over 3 hours, in the heat, no food or drink, no seats and with a 2 year old and 8 month old baby at 9 oclock at night, this was not an ideal start to the holiday! My advice to families booking with this company, to avoid this company at all costs!!!
Only one star, and that star is for Victoria from the live chat. She did a good job. However, no stars for the company, zero. At no stage during the booking process online did it state that a credit card is needed to collect the car. Only after paying, I received an email stating that you are unable to collect the car without a credit card. I got on to customer service, where Victoria was great and very helpful. A refund has been set up but unfortunately you need to was it 25 working days for this. Birthday weekend plans destroyed, thanks Holiday Autos
Worst Experience ever! They accept bookings but offer no help or customer service. I had a hospital matter and had to return the car 2 weeks earlier and the didn't even bother to take a look! Avoid at all costs!
Holiday rentals is terrible company. They accept bookings but offer no help or customer service. There is no communication between them and the car rental company, which resulted in us not getting a car or receiving a refund. I would highly recommend avoiding.
Avoid at all costs! They took the booking and canceled two weeks after! They left me with the increased prices on the market with no explanation why?! They took the money and now I have to wait 25 days to get it back! Avoid! Avoid! Avoid!
Holiday Autos 1 star review on 4th June 2021
Pior Serviço de aluguer de carros. Não recomendo a ninguém. Basicamente, nós fizemos uma reserva de um carro em que o pagamento foi aceite com cartão de débito. No entanto o valor da caução e franquia só aceitavam cartão de crédito, e tentámos numa semana arranjar método de arranjar o mesmo. Não sendo possível, nós tentámos o cancelamento gratuito das supostas 48h mas reencaminharam para um chat onde passamos horas a tentar explicar a situação, visto que queríamos o reembolso total, chegamos mesmo a falar com um supervisor da irlanda em que em nada ajudou e quando afirmamos que não queríamos o cancelamento sem o reembolso, esse mesmo foi feito sem o nosso consentimento. Serviço deplorável, uma fraude, não utilizem este serviço de todo.
They have no customer care service, you can’t cancel your booking and get a full refund as advertised, you can only get a voucher! They don’t provide clear and transparent information about what needs to be paid upon picking up the keys. gold car charged me 10euro extra for some “Environmental fee”. All in all, avoid booking with any website linked to the company “cartrawler” such as holiday autos or Anguscar. Book directly with the car rental to avoid surprises...
Holiday Autos 1 star review on 15th May 2021 Holiday Autos 1 star review on 15th May 2021
My vacations was ruined, beacuse of holidaysauto. I rent a car in Cancun and this company don't sent my money to rental car company...so they don't reserved car for us..we just shocked there, beacuse everything was made by car..Take taxi 60km.. I paid car in february and pick up the rental car in middle of march... Never again this site, if you need to pay more different site than choose that beacuse now just fight with this company my money.. and is now april and nothing!!!
DO NOT!! Rent from these people!!!! They put their websites down during pandemic to prevent people from canceling their reservation and then keep the money!!! They are a big scam!!!! Do not trust these bunch of scammers!! They stole 1k from me and REFUSE TO REFUND ME!!! They would be shut down and put in jail!!!
Holiday Autos 1 star review on 2nd March 2021
Be careful! Holiday Autos is a potential scam! In October 2020 hired a car in Portugal. Holiday Autos charged prepayment for reservation. And everything worked well until the final settlement was provided by car hire service company (Holiday Autos is just a portal that connects you with car hire service providers). The final bill did not have prepayment on it. Since then it has been an endless discussion with Holiday Autos Customer Service that led nowhere. And I had to pay twice - prepayment to Holiday Autos and full rental fee to car hire company at their service desk. If you ever look to hire a car and do not intend to spend months on email and phone calls with Holiday Autos Customer Service trying to reconcile double charges and get your money back, look for some other way to make your car rental. Be careful and save your time and money for those who better deserves it
Part of the car hire process was to pay a local deposit when I collected the car. This was in September, and they still flatly refuse to refund my deposit. Told them I would leave a bad review, but they do not care at all. Their cars are older than most and after they keep your deposit, it is no cheaper than elsewhere. AVOID LIKE THE VIRUS, as you will get caught
Do not believe their customer service reps! I booked and paid for a car that didn't exist once I made it to the rental car agency. The customer service rep told me not to worry and to book a car that was 10X more expensive and that I would be refunded for the more expensive, only option. I pushed to have this in writing and the rep tried telling me that our entire chat would be saved and that we didn't need to put it in writing but I still had him email me the confirmation that they would refund me. Now 2 months later they are trying to refund me only for the original amount, even though I have it in writing that they said they would refund me for the more expensive car. Do not trust them, you have been warned.
DO NOT USE - Refuses refunds despite stating that they have free cancellation. We all know life isn't great at the moment with all this covid pandemic causing cancellations of holidays etc but we used Holiday Autos because they have free cancellations; however, we have tried to get money returned to a credit card and they outright refused and have offered Vouchers..... WARNING... DO NOT ACCEPT THE VOUCHERS.... Their terms and conditions for the vouchers are biased strongly in their favour. This is the first of many bad reviews I'll be leaving for them. After reading similar BAD reviews around their refund policy, their replies asked the reviewers to get in contact with them.. we have and we had a absolute refusal to honour the refund to the credit card.
Holidays Autos are a despicable organisation with extremely poor customer service. Through no fault of my own the UK implemented a further lockdown causing my flight to be cancelled and rearranged for 14 days early. Holiday autos refused to accept this as exceptional circumstances and refused to refund the 14 days of unused car hire. This, despite the actual hire company of Sicily by Car formally advising holiday autos of the early return and not passing on the charge to holidays autos. Do not use this hire car website - Holiday autos, they just operate unfair business practices.
When booking a rental car with Holiday Autos, I used an American Express credit card. When I picked up the car, the rental car company ("OK rent a car") did not accept this type of card (they wanted it for insurance policy) and it resulted in me not being able to rent the card. When asking for a refund through Holiday Autos customer service they refused to refund me (since refunds only apply 24 hours before pick-up date) and when I explained that they should make it very clear on their webpage when booking with a credit card that is not accepted by the rental car company and not hidden inside "terms and agreement" links. When the agent argued that this was clearly shown on the webpage, I sent him screenshots of the booking page, which resulted in him ending the web call. I ended up not getting the rental car, and Holiday Auto refusing to refund me for the car. I do not recommend Holiday Autos, stay away!
Holiday Autos is rated 1.10 based on 388 reviews