My Food Bag Reviews

of reviewers recommend My Food Bag
Email, Live Chat, Telephone
Read My Food Bag Reviews

About My Food Bag:

We're your answer to "what's for dinner?" with fresh ingredients and easy recipes to cook delicious dinners, delivered to you.

hello@myfoodbag.co.nz

My Food Bag 5 star review on 13th January 2021
Priscilla
My Food Bag 5 star review on 13th January 2021
Priscilla
We recently switched from another food bag company to My Food Bag and i'm so impressed! the quality of the ingredients is awesome, the recipes varied and delicious and it's super easy to calorie control the my choice plan if you want to. The little extras we get even now and then are awesome as well. I'm loving My Food Bag!
(My Choice (3 Nights For 2)) - Posted 1 month ago
Kia Ora Jo! It's great to hear that you have been impressed so far with your Food Bags and extras! We hope you continue to enjoy the variety of recipes going forward 😊 - Patrick Pesto
Excellent meals, you don't have to think what am I going to cook tonight. Portions are ample and the food is fresh when received.
Hi Marysia! We are glad to hear that you are enjoying your meals! - Steph Sushi
Love my food bag. Helps a working mum make healthy food for my husband and teenage son who both have physical jobs with long hours. They are enjoying eating so well for change, and I’m learning how to cook! Thank you 🙏
(My Choice (3 Nights For 2)) - Posted 1 month ago
Hi Clare! We are so glad to hear that we are able to help you with your dinner prep! We are all about convenience! - Steph Sushi
I started My Food Bag Fresh Start weekly
Subscription as a way to kick start my weight loss journey after having a baby. We’ve been doing it since the start of November and I’ve already lost 6 kilos!
The recipes are delicious, healthy and easy to make. They’re helping me lose weight because my meal sizes are now portioned controlled, which was what made weight loss difficult for me in the past.
Will definitely be continuing with Fresh Start for the foreseeable future!
(Fresh Start (5 Nights For 4)) - Posted 1 month ago
Even in a small thing that is not caused by the company the team was really helpful.
(Fresh Start (5 Nights For 2)) - Posted 1 month ago
Makes meal planning really easy. Recipes are easy to follow and generally quick to make, with lots of veges. Fish once a fortnight is great. I wish there was more use of seasonal veges like sweet corn cobs and asparagus when available. The standard veges received are zucchini, carrot, broccoli, spinach and lots and lots of tomatoes and capsicum (which don’t always travel well). It would also be nice to have less Asian and Mexican dishes and more traditional “meat and 3 vege” type meals for fussy Kiwi men! We get the gluten free box due to a coeliac in the family. It’s quite expensive and the steak options are the cheapest steak you can get (rump). Overall, it’s a nice thing to get for a change, but don’t think I’ll be getting long term, as we don’t like Asian and Mexican 3-4 nights a week (out of 5).
(My Gluten Free (5 Nights For 4)) - Posted 1 month ago
To be honest at 60 I thought I knew enough to keep plodding on in the kitchen.
My food bag has changed my thinking and introduced me to such amazing flavours and healthier portion sizes.
Thank you for making dinners so tasty and inspiring and reasonably priced
(Fresh Start (5 Nights For 2)) - Posted 1 month ago
Hi Jane! Thanks for your lovely feedback:) Providing new and healthy dinner ideas is what we are all about! - Steph Sushi
Our menu planning needed a shake up with less carbs and more vegetable inspiration.

Fresh Start has been the inspiration we need, the meals are light with lots of vegetables. Great quality produce and meats. Don’t regret starting this new journey.
(Fresh Start (5 Nights For 2)) - Posted 1 month ago
Heya Rachel! We are so glad to hear you have been enjoying Fresh Start! - Steph Sushi
Good range of different meals and it makes me try new things I wouldn't necessarily try normally myself.
(My Veggie (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 1 month ago
Kia ora Elinor,

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review!

We are glad to hear that your food bag is introducing you to new and exciting flavours! Thanks for all of your support :)

-Angie Acai
Meals are SO delicious and recipes are so clear and easy to follow . We do the my choice kit and enjoy the flexibility that gives and look foward to them every week. Love the new rewards system too!
(My Choice (4 Nights For 4)) - Posted 1 month ago
Thanks for the lovely feedback Esther! So glad to hear that you enjoy all the delicious meals :) -Katya Kumara
We decided to go Plant Based with our daughter in law who is going thru Chemo at the moment as a way of supporting them and trying different foods.
I must say we are enjoying the different menus especially all the lovely sauces and spices that come with each meal. Who knew Tofu and Mushrooms could be cooked in so many different ways ! Well done Team !!!
(My Plant Based Bag (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 1 month ago
Oh, thank you Sue for such wonderful feedback!

We are stoked to hear you are loving these meals 😁

Happy Cooking
- Ally Avocado 🥑
I have been doing food bag for months and love it. Easy to prepare no waste and the kids love it. Best thing ive done.
(My Family (5 Nights For 4)) - Posted 1 month ago
That's so great to hear Tanya!

Happy Cooking,

Kindest,
Ally Avocado 🥑
I am very happy to say since joining My Food Bag it feels like I am serving up good, healthy and tasty meals. There is always plenty - enough for my husband to take for lunch the next day and he is the envy of his workmates. My only negative would be the amount of packaging but I cannot see a way around that off the top of my head.
Hi Robyn!

Thank you for your feedback - we are stoked to hear how much you are enjoying these meals. In regards to packaging, we have added a fantastic resource for you below which can help when recycling/re-using our packaging which will help :

Happy Cooking!
-Ally Avocado 🥑
We love My food bag, convenient, so easy to prepare, beautiful and tasty food, always a little extra left over which is great for lunch, long life fans
Hi Mags!

Oh, that is so wonderful to hear, we are stoked to hear how much you are enjoying My Food Bag - Happy cooking!

-Ally Avocado 🥑
I love my Food Bag due to the fact I am not a keen cook so any meal that usually takes more than half a hour I cannot be bother with. I love that all the food is supplied, the meat and veg are always fresh and the spices etc come with the meal and recipe. No longer is food and veg waste a problem in my kitchen. There is the added bonus that my husband loves the variety of the meals. Great investment!
(My Choice (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 1 month ago
Hi Joan! Thanks for your feedback:) We are so glad to hear that you are enjoying My Food Bag - Steph Sushi
Great meals, love the inspiration for new recipes and ease of not having to meal plan. Only downside for us is the amount of packaging. Would love to see a reduction in some areas, e.g. no need for potatoes to be in a plastic bag.
(My Choice (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 1 month ago
Hey Caroline, thanks for getting in touch with this feedback. Suitability is really important to us, so important that we even have a whole team dedicated to helping us get better at it! While we are always working on reducing our waste it can take some time; however thank you for keeping us accountable!
Have a great New Years!
-Emma Maple 🍁
Always reliable, fresh ingredients. Some ingredients I wish were optional - like the herbs in packaging. I have my own freshly grown ones and feel bad about getting plastic wrapped ones
(My Choice (3 Nights For 2)) - Posted 1 month ago
Hi Tylah. Thank you for your kind words! We will definitely pass your feedback about optional items such as herbs onto our Innovations team as this maybe something we can look into in future!
Have a Happy New Year!
-Emma Maple 🍁
Overall the food has been great, took a few meals to adapt to the smaller serving sizes but it has helped me to lose weight, 10kg so far. All the extra herbs and spice packs with the yummy dressings make it really tasty and give it a special flavor so it feels like your having something a bit special not just meat and veg.
(Fresh Start (5 Nights For 2)) - Posted 1 month ago
Kia ora Lianne! Thanks for leaving a review. We're so thrilled to hear you are enjoying the meals and your Fresh Start journey so far! -Mel Mozzarella 🧀
We're doing the 'Fresh Start' bag and have had great results with slow and steady weight loss while doing so. The recipe's are really yummy and are a great way to incorporate more vegetables into your diet in a tasty way. We find we are full after each meal, so the portion sizes are generous too. Sometimes I get a bit sick of all the prep work though, but that's life when you eat more veges and want to keep the meals interesting!
(Fresh Start (5 Nights For 2)) - Posted 2 months ago
Kia ora Michele,

It's awesome to hear that you've really enjoyed Fresh Start recipes and that you've been able to notice a difference after starting Fresh Start :)

We have made sure to pass on your feedback on reducing prep work to our Chefs and Recipe development team!

Michelle Mango 🥭
I have been using My Choice deliveries to help feed the tribe for about 6 weeks so far. The meal options are great, there is something for all tastes, even the fussy eater is happy! The gluten lite and dairy lite options are especially good.
With all of the ingredients delivered and with the helpful recipe cards provided, my confidence in the kitchen is growing. I love that I am preparing nutritious, balanced and delicious meals for my family with very little effort on my part.
(My Choice (3 Nights For 4)) - Posted 2 months ago
Kia ora Rachel,

Thank you so much for passing on the lovely words. We're so thrilled to hear that My Choice has been a hit with the family :) We have lots of great recipes planned for 2021 and we're super excited to share these with our Foodies!

- Michelle Mango 🥭