Ocado Reviews

Over A Week
Read Ocado Reviews

ocado@ocado.com

3 Bishop Square

Tell us how Ocado made you happy
We shop with Ocado on a monthly basis and I imagine most people have a similar shopping pattern. We have been with Ocado for over two years. The choice of quality food/ goods is excellent and, generally, our order has been delivered in good condition and always at the time specified. When we have had issues - usually with the quality of fresh fruit and veg, Ocado have answered our complaints in a positive way. We do, however, now tend to buy fresh produce locally. So why only two stars? Ocado has a price match promise: Ocado will send you a voucher code if it believes your basket would have been cheaper at Tesco at the time of purchase. This is great, but.... The voucher ALWAYS expires within a couple of weeks and is never valid for our next scheduled (monthly) shop. I have raised this issue in several emails to the Customer Services team Ocado. The reply is that this is down to the Marketing Team and that Customer Services can only report my comments to the other team. Marketing have never responded to me. Clearly, the 'price promise voucher' is simply in place to encourage you to place more frequent orders. As such it is a hollow promise and Ocado needs to be brought to account for this shoddy practice.
Hi Paul, we're glad to hear that you're happy with the goods and service provided. I hope you continue to place your monthly shops with us and enjoy the service. We do apologise that you have been unable to make use of the low price promise vouchers. These are only valid for 2 weeks, however, we appreciate your disappointment and we'll take your comments on board. -Bella
First time trying Ocado and many items I wanted were out of stock. Then I receive a text telling me three of my items are missing from my order. Not impressed - sadly will not be returning.
Hi Natalie. Sorry to hear many items were out of stock on our website, we suggest trying a different delivery date to see if this helps. As for the missing items in your order, this is such a shame to hear. We'd be happy to take a look into this if you can call 0345 656 1234, email ocado@ocado.com or pop up on live chat. Hopfully we can resolve this for you however, we would completely understand and respect your choice to shop elsewhere if not and hopefully we will be able to offer a better service if you decide to give us a chance to redeem ourselves in the future. - Meg
Constant issues with Ocado - poor packaging items crushed or tipped etc but the most annoying is when they make a mistake and refuse to rectify it. Ordered a case of 24 of 1 item (charged for it) and only 1 single item turned up. They think it is acceptable to just refund instead of offering to deliver the full case the next day. When a company makes a mistake they should do all they can to rectify - Ocado don't prioritise customer service = I will go elsewhere when my annual free delivery pass runs out
We do apologise for the issues in your recent order. We appreciate how frustrating this must be, especially as we were unable to get this item back out to you. We'd like to take another look at this for you, so please could we ask you to give us a call on 0345 656 1234, email us at ocado@ocado.com or contact us through our LiveChat service. -Megan
Whats going on with Ocado??? Such a pity when a previously great company starts to go down hill. Been a regular Ocado customer for 2 years and used to be happy with them- recommending often. Lately my experience has gone from bad to worse..... Last 3-4 months it been food being delivered on or within a day or two of the use by date, fresh food thrown into bags with cleaning products, items that look like they have been dropped from a great height and lots of things suddenly being unavailable. To top if off had a bad experience with a delivery driver and despite contacting Ocado about it have never heard back!!!. Live in a mansion block which has been having external works done for over 6 months and neither I or neighbours had issues getting Ocado deliveries since the works started to our door. After Christmas, a driver called to say he would do street delivery only due to H&S as there is some scaffolding outside part of the building. When I went to collect it and questioned it, he told me that he was recording and videoing me.....if I didnt like not having the shopping brought to my door, I should use another company. Have they not heard of privacy...... GDPR?. Anyway contacted Ocado and never heard back so drawing my own conclusions on the videoing & recording. Since have tried to have two further deliveries from Ocado as they had already taken my smart pass payment and both drivers called saying road side only due to notes on their system about the address. Last time was so weird as while I'm collecting the groceries from the street the post man came in, Hermes delivered, a neighbour got a Waitrose delivery to their door and an Amazon fresh delivery was delivered into the building. Guess its just Ocado who have this issue with the address or me.
Hi Julie. We are sorry to hear that you feel this way and we would certainly like to take a look into the issues that you have raised. Can you please forward your email to us to ocado@ocado.com, or call us on 0345 656 1234. Alternatively, you can open up a live chat on the website? -Kelly
I had decided to have Ocado deliver my shopping this week as I am getting married this week and have no time to go out food shopping. Unfortunately when Ocado arrived, a whole tote full of all the meat and fresh goods was missing, having not been put in the van in the first place. Usually this would just be irritating but sortable but in these circumstances with no time for me to go shopping at all it's a huge inconvenience. I phoned Ocado and they offered tomorrow ( when I will be at work) or the very last slot this evening but I need part of the food for today. I understand things go wrong sometimes but I'm so disappointed that Ocado could not get that tote delivered to me today as it was their mistake and has caused me a massive headache. I now have little confidence in their reliability and would not order again if I had anything important happening because they don't seem to go out if their way to rectify their mistakes. I was offered a voucher for the inconvenience.
Out of two deliveries I had one they ended up with a broken van, and apparently they only have one van, then they had to deliver twice because somehow the replacement has no freezer, then they charged me extra for items they didn't deliver, then they disconnect from chat after leaving me to wait an eternity...
Hello. We're sorry to hear this, when we're unable to deliver, we do offer a re-delivery but are unable to guarantee the temperature of your frozen items. We would like to ensure you haven't been charged for any items you didn't receive, so please give us a call on 0345 656 1234 or email us at ocado@ocado.com and we will be happy to assist. - Christian
Not very clear information about delivery charges it also states that if you hand you carrier bags back you ill be refunded so they can be reused This did not happen . Dont agree with the use of single use carrier bags so will be looking at other retailers Also a lot of product were out of stock. Food is good uality but service issues let you down
HI Karen. We are sorry to hear about the stock issues when you were shopping with us. Your driver should've deducted the bags that you handed back though, so that we can look into this, please email ocado@ocado.com or speak to us via Live Chat on the website. - Christian.
Most of the time the grocery has broken packs. In addition, the driver came one hour earlier pretending that it was the right slot. He complained about no one answering. Of course! our slot was starting at 8:30pm , not at 7:30pm.
Our apologies, this shouldn't have happened and we're sorry it did. We'd like to get this looked into for you to ensure issues like this do not happen again. Please email ocado@ocado.com or speak to us via Live Chat on the website. - Sam.
I'm an American living in the UK, and I ordered a Turkey and some of other goods from Ocado for a Thanksgiving meal. Everything showed up EXCEPT the turkey. They had *no plan* to handle this situation and so I called customer service to see if I could get the turkey the next day (since I ordered it a few days in advance). They said they would deliver it, but I have no guarantee that it will come and no compensation for their mistake.
Hi Brandon, we're really sorry to hear that this has happened, we appreciate how disappointing this is for you and we don't want to impact your Thanksgiving as we can appreciate this is a time of celebration for you. Please can you contact us again so we can look into this for you. You can either come through to us on Live Chat, call us on 0345 656 1234 or email us at ocado@ocado.com.
Plus sides - very friendly drivers, deliveries always on time and with limited substitutions, and the best range of all the online shops. These are the reasons I keep persevering with ocado. The negatives are that they have always insisted on delivering in brand new plastic bags, which I've never wanted, bag charge or not. As a result of this there is always damaged goods from being rammed in the bags - meat packets opened and leak on the floor, bread that looks like its been used as a punch bag, I've had tins so dented I couldn't open them from one end! They also regularly charge you for bags they haven't sent - my last order I recieved 5 bags (none of which I wanted in the first place!) and was charged for 8. And substitution prices can be erratic. I was substituted a £3.15 pack of chicken with one the same weight priced at £8.65 which is bad enough, but the driver told me as he handed it to me that "we'd be charged the same or less" for the substitute so clearly even their staff had no idea on their substitution policy,
We're so sorry to hear this Ruth, this is certainly not the level of service we would expect and we would really like to make this right for you. please contact us via Social Media, Live Chat, telephone or email and we can help you further. Our apologies again.
Be very sure to check your final receipt! I have been shopping weekly with Ocado for at least 5 years (spending £150 plus a week) and what I have found recently is that if you amend your order, however minimally and within the time alloted, you will face any number of finacial penalties - offers no longer apply, free gifts are charge for, delivery charges have been increased. VERY DISAPPOINTING! Buyer beware
Oh dear , we're so sorry about this! Offers will still remain so long as you still have the item in your trolley, even if the promotion has since expired on the webshop. As long as the promotion was active at the time of first checking out your order, you will receive the goods at the discounted price. However if you choose to remove the item and re-add it, you will lose out on the expired promotion. We would always suggest refraining from amending the quantity of an item who's promotion is no longer active to avoid running the risk of losing out on the offer. In terms of the delivery charge, this does vary with a number of factors, and the price of your trolley is one of them. If your trolley goes below £75 you may encounter a higher delivery charge. The final charge will always be stated on the final page of the checkout though, and of course on any order confirmation emails. With regards to the free gift, it's quite possible it was no longer available when editing the order. However we certainly don't feel like you should miss out. If you haven't done so already it would be highly appreciated if you could email us with 'REVIEWS.CO.Uk' in the subject line so that we can possibly refund the price of the gift for you. Again, we're truly sorry for any disappointment but we hope this helps bring some clarity to the matter.
After a couple of delivery fiasco's with a competitor I decided to give Ocado another try. Last week was week one, everything was fine apart from a Christmas carton of biscuits being damaged but this wasn't noticed until after the van had pulled away. Week two (yesterday) was a complete nightmare after being on hold to customer services for 20 minutes our delivery turned up 50 minutes late and when we unpacked the shopping there was another bashed box again and one completely open. This is not good Ocado as your prices aren't the cheapest and I did think you were better than the service we received, very disappointing all round.
Goodness, we're sorry for any disappointment Janet. This certainly doesn't sound like the service we work so hard to provide. We know how frustrating a late delivery can be & how it can ruin an evening. We don't want to be keeping anyone up! If you could get in contact with us over Live Chat through our website or social media (We're on Twitter & Facebook) we'd like to get this looked into. We'll make sure to pass the feedback on & we do hope you'll give us another chance. Our sincere apologies again.
Several things went wrong on first order. Reminded me of why I stopped online shopping to begin with. 1. Removed 2 organic products that were on offer during checkout because they were out of stock. Requested that I replace them.with different that were not organic and not on offer 2. Ordered a very expensive chicken that was supposed to be between 1.5 and 1.9 kg because I knew any other chicken would arrive too small. They gave me the smallest possible at 1.54kg 3. Lastly they emailed me on the day of the delivery that they didnt have another organic product (mushrooms) and replaced it with normal ones. Then they asked ne if I want refund during delivery. The point of online shopping is to avoid going to the supermarket. If I have to go to buy half the products what is the point.
Hi there Georgios, we’re so sorry to hear that you sadly didn’t have the best first time shopping experience with us, which is a big disappointment indeed! We can appreciate how unhappy you would be that several of the items you wanted were not available as well as the chicken not being the size that you had wanted. We do understand how this can defeat the purpose of online shopping and we are sorry that you would have to go to the supermarket again. We would certainly love to look into this further for you, please could you email us at ocado@ocado.com and pop www.reviews.co.uk in the subject as well as the username, and we can then take a look at this for you. Once again our sincerest apologies Georgios and we look forward to hearing from you soon!
I had used Ocado before and had been very happy with them. However my last order has definitely put me off using them again. I had taken the morning off work for an appointment and decided to get my shopping the driver was not very happy and dumped the bags and ran. At which point I found half my shopping missing and a considerable amount of someone else's shopping. After several phone calls they found my shopping was not on the van. I had to insist that they collected all thar shopping as they were unable to deliver the rest until another day. Only offered £10.00 voucher for all the inconvenience. Not impressed with their customer service.
Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave us with some feedback. We’re very sorry to hear that you had a poor experience on your previous delivery, this isn’t what we expect to hear at all. We can imagine the frustration and how unhappy you would’ve been when half of the shopping was missing and was not seen on the van. We’re also sorry to hear that you were not happy with what our Customer Service team were able to do for you. We would love to look into this further for you, if you could just send us an email at ocado@ocado.com with your username and www.reviews.co.uk in the subject we will be able to look into this further for you. Once again our apologies!
The quality of the food is good, the delivery drivers great (very helpful and pleasant) and whilst everything is going well, it is a fantastic service. 6 weeks ago I lost a bank card (cancelled it the day I lost it) and had to change details on my account. It has taken 6 weeks for ocado to inform me that a payment didn't go through, and have cancelled an order with the reason 'unable to verify payment details' though they could not expand on the reason why. As soon as I got my new card I changed details on my account. So why has it taken 6 weeks to let me know? This should have been sorted out within the week.
Gosh! We're ever so sorry to hear that you lost your bank card and that your payment for your order was not taken as a result. This is certainly not the level of service that we pride ourselves on. We do hope that you were able to get this issue sorted if not please do email ocado@ocado.com with www.reviiews.co.uk in the subject line and we'd be happy to take a closer loo into it.
I have had continual issues with short shelf life and poor quality of fresh products and each time I contact Ocado, they seem indifferent to my concerns and it still keeps happening.
Hi there Judith, thanks for leaving a review. We're really sorry to hear of your disappointment with the shelf life on the products you've received, along with getting poor quality items from us too. This is definitely not how we want you to receive your shopping. We're constantly working behind the scenes with our suppliers to ensure that you receive the best quality produce. We do apologise that we've let you down on this. In regards to shelf life of the products, we display a life guarantee on our website under each item, which lets you know how many days you are guaranteed to get out of this product. Please be aware that our life guarantee does also include the day of delivery. If you'd like us to look into this for you, please email us at ocado@ocado.com and please put 'reviews.co.uk' in the subject line. Thanks Judith and our apologies again.
The delivery was overall okay ; however, my grandson (aged 3) was very interested in what the driver was doing and kept saying hello to him over and over again. The driver completely ignored him and never acknowledged him in the slightest. I realise that you are in the grocery delivery business and not there to entertain small children ; however, that just wasn't friendly - my grandson was very upset :-(
Online grocery shopping has changed our life but we constantly find that we waste food as items are delivered with short best before dates that do meet our menu planning. We have raised this direct with customer services on several occasions with no response.
I can't fault the service from Ocado but what i am disappointed about is that most shops now are showing many items that i want out of stock, I find this really frustrating when shopping online as i almost give up with the shopping if there are too many things in one shop that are not in stock.
What could have been a five star rating gets only two since Ocado insists packing uncooked meat with ready to consume products despite writing to them and asking for their code of practice regarding food hygiene and cross contamination. I found the solution finally in spraying everything that came in the same bag with Dettol so long as they are suitable to do so. Sometimes the packers forget all common sense and pack a bag of crisps or bananas together with heavy items such as pasta sauces, pickle jars and tins. The result is mashed up bananas and burst crisp packets. I won't even go into eggs. It is a shame for otherwise such a great service because they are always on time, polite and have good deals and a wide range of quality products. Please pack raw meat, fish separately Ocado!
Hi Sultan, we're so sorry to hear that you have had poor packing with some of your orders as well as damages to some items too. We do hope that you have contacted us regarding this and requested refunds for the damaged items. If not please do email us at ocado@ocado.com and we can look into this further for you. With regards to the packing of raw meat with other items, we have investigated the heat-sealing process for raw meat and fish products, and have found that it has been extensively developed, improving the safety and resilience of the packaging. We are now confident that it provides an acceptable barrier from other foodstuffs, and therefore we can safely pack these products within the same carrier bag as ready-to-eat products. Should the packaging of any product be punctured or compromised in any way, please contact us so we can investigate the issue. We will however, be passing on your feedback regarding this. Once again our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and we do hope that you give us another chance.
Ocado is rated 4.17 based on 2,472 reviews