Open Studio Reviews

2 - 3 Hours
Read Open Studio Reviews

About Open Studio:

Open Studio - Jazz Lesson from Jazz Legends
Be a better jazz player, guaranteed.

Open Studio provides jazz education from today's leaders in jazz in an easy to use and interactive viewing environment.

+1 314-329-7201

Open Studio 5 star review on 22nd March 2022
Judith S
Open Studio 5 star review on 24th February 2022
David D
The guy with his seductive voice creeped me out.
I love Peter and Adam. Both are incredibly talented and very good educators...not to mention funny and witty. I've been watching their YouTube videos for the last couple of years and enjoying them immensely, so, I decided to take one of the Open Studio courses. I am disappointed with my experience to date. I find the website is kind of kluggy. I will persist and hopefully my experience will improve as I gain more familiarity with the website.
Some of the best jazz education I have ever experienced comes from Open Studio. Thank-you for this tremendous resource.
So far so good. Open Studio Ear training is great. Adam Mannis is a wonderful teacher. I'm looking forward to Aimee's master class. I appreciate receiving emails and such from you. Thanks!! Judy
Open Studio 5 star review on 17th March 2022
I'm a classical pianist wanting to learn jazz and Open Studio has been so helpful! I started watching their YouTube and picking up little tips. Then I purchased a few of their courses to understand the basics so I could better use those tips and they have been great! Methodical exercises and instruction with printable PDFs to go along with it. Worth every penny.
The Bass package is a well-rounded suite of courses with something for players of every level. It has helped me improve in all phases of my bass playing and musicianship. It's a great value. Bob, Adam, Peter et al are fine players and dedicated educators. Shedding is much less tedious for me with them in the Guided Practice Sessions. And - say it with me - Christian McBride!! Thanks Open Studio. Y'all lit a fire under my butt.
It will be nice to have ipad app or phone app
The personal approach of Peter and Adam is very helpful. They share when they find things difficult and that reinforces the feeling of our being on the same journey. Their teaching style is very clear and intuitive. The technical quality of vision and sound is also top drawer. A great experience all round!
Top quality thank you
Hello guys! thank you for what you do, I’ve tried to take many private lessons but nothing compare to what you offer on you’re website. I improved more in two weeks than in the two previous years.
Brilliant! I have no other words!
So far I love this course!!! I wish I had a little better visual on the fingering Adam uses (and sometimes he changes it within the same drill - which in a way is a silver lining because it tells me whatever works at the moment is good) and the keys being hit but in the end I manage. Sometimes I panic a little when during an exercise we are to do Adam starts to improv. I think as a suggestion at least for #1, because I haven't gotten further, that when we are to do an exercise Adam at least should demonstrate what he wants done. Instead of saying I will play the frame and you play the 4 note patterns. Because by jumping into his improv I am wondering did I not understand what he wanted us to do. Anyway once I break down what he is asking and slow it down I do realize what he is asking is not complicated. Currently, the G and D on two seperate consecutive right hand octaves on my piano just quit on me. So have not been able to practise the course for a couple weeks. Up until then I was really getting stoked during the exercises with Adam and very much was loving what Adam was teaching and his approach. Especially cool was the loop feature I discovered. That really should be mentioned at the beginning of the course. And any other learning feature I am not aware of - as it looks like there is a "slow" feature I have not tried yet. My Piano will be fixed in 4 days/feb 24th. Can't wait to continue this course!
Open Studio 5 star review on 19th February 2022
Just started to use the lessons. Will review in the future. I do enjoy the online videos and the first lessons have been great.
They are the Best!
Open studio is very good and practical. It is very good that is practical and we can practice with Adam.Ü
Absolutely brilliant. Also currently learning with a teacher and this is giving me a great grounding
Consiglio positivo
The material is organized extremely well and the presenters are very clear in their presentations. The problem I had is that only some ls the material was user friendly for a saxophone player
more greg hutchinson!
Thank you so much. Bob you are the teacher, i was looking for all my life as doublebass player. Denis. France
Open Studio is rated 4.8 based on 1,381 reviews