Open Studio Reviews

2 - 3 Hours
Read Open Studio Reviews

About Open Studio:

Open Studio - Jazz Lesson from Jazz Legends
Be a better jazz player, guaranteed.

Open Studio provides jazz education from today's leaders in jazz in an easy to use and interactive viewing environment.

+1 314-329-7201

Open Studio 5 star review on 4th February 2022
Naoise S
Open Studio 5 star review on 1st February 2022
Lisa L
Hello from Montréal you guys! Open Studio has made me happy for years now. I have nothing but admiration for you all. Keep it up and may 2022 be the year for live music!
This site is perfect for me as a classically trained player to learn about jazz, with well thought out and well structured courses.
The best Jazz lessen in the world!
really excellent
So this is a very reluctant 4 stars. Peter and Adam are a superb double act, really inspirational teachers and the podcast and lessons are just marvellous. Room for improvement lies in the structure of how the lessons are presented. It’s just hard to see where you are. Particularly as I have the Piano Pass (or whatever it’s called) so it’s just hard to navigate the content. But content is kind right and you guys are doing a fabulous job. Thanks for inspiring me to finally take playing an instrument rather than just learning studio techniques more seriously. Lx
Have the everything pack. Have sampled Jazz brushes, Bass philosophy, Dianne's "Infant Eyes", Brazilian guitar, sax, but timewise, focusing on piano finger independence, Monk & the blues in all its permutations---Thanks!
Open Studio 5 star review on 4th January 2022
Like the practice guidance of the courses. Fun to play and learn!
Excellent and well thought out lessons - really enjoying the hip banter, loose and soulful feeling in the presentation but very structured materials that help me, the student, progress. Currently my favorite teaching site for jazz.
Just started with the piano access pass, but has been amazing so far! Exceeded my expectations
I'm an old seasoned jazz pianist but still always looking to improve. Very well explained lessons that have made me think about some of these jazz theory concepts in a new way and motivated me to practice more. Thanks.
I appreciate very much the work of Adam, Peter & the other musicians and I have purchased 18 courses at the moment. Their teaching effort is visible and encomiable. I'm not a professional in music (I am a lawyer in Rome, Italy...) but since I was a child I played piano for pleasure and I was intrigued by the movement of the parts in the songs. In each course I find something useful to apply to my playing; and improving my English, of course :) Good, hugs to all and keep it up!
I just recently started following OpenStudios after another Jazz Piano site I follow recommended them, (Tony Winston). I follow "you'll hear it" and Peter Martins 2 minute jazz. a lot of information on both. I also just got started on Elements of Jazz which seems well organized with good tools. I'm a terminally intermediate piano player but may break out by robbing the best at Open Studio.
The note by note breakdown and transcription of solos provided by Adam in the bebop course has been extremely helpful to me. I'm now better able to construct solo lines of my own not only in bebop but all genres.
It was a surprise for me to see on the internet that Romero Lubambo is teaching bossa and jazz guitar lessons. Top guitarist in his genre. I am very excited to start his Bossa Nova course! Eric
Equally informative and entertaining. And each session leaves you with useful tools to improve your playing.
Fantastic, well organized content!
I have bought 4 individual courses. They have a great price point,love the personality and I believe lead sheet basics vol 1 is a must have for all pianists. With that being said as a father on young kids I don’t have the time required for practice. These courses do not hold you hand especially as a beginner/intermediate solo jazz pianist. If you have the time, consider the all access pass it will probably help you in the long run and not have as many gaps in your learning.
It's a bit clunky navigating around and doing lessons. I've been at it for a few days paging around through various levels, and I still haven't found material that's calling to me to practice. It's either too easy or too hard or not interesting. I don't have a good sense of the structure and goals of each lesson, how the lesson fits into groups of other lessons, etc, would be helpful if this were made more clear so I don't have to skip through them and guess. For example on a guitar site I love, whenever you do a lesson, there are tags associated with that lesson, such as "difficulty level 3 out of 10", "category rock", "string bending", "string skipping", "phrygian dominant". And you can see other lessons that are string bending lessons, difficulty 3 out of 10, and so forth. They also had prebuilt paths to gradually up the difficulty and progress. In summary, I've been browsing and playing around a bit for a few days now, and I still don't have a clear idea of how I'm going to use the site and the content to progress as a pianist and musician.
Hi Arcolar, Thanks for the meaningful review. I'll share your feedback with our team. Have a great New Year. Dan Co-founder, Open Studio
One of the best, if not the best, online music education services I have found. The very talented hosts and experts deliver instruction in the most laidback yet informative way possible. Kudos!
Les cours sont très bien fait, de plus avec des musiciens comme Christian mcbride, reuben rogers ou bob deboo, il n'y aucun commentaire à faire. Nous sommes dans le vif du sujet. Merci à toute l'équipe d'open studio
Open Studio is rated 4.75 based on 1,349 reviews