Open Studio Reviews

2 - 3 Hours
Read Open Studio Reviews

About Open Studio:

Open Studio - Jazz Lesson from Jazz Legends
Be a better jazz player, guaranteed.

Open Studio provides jazz education from today's leaders in jazz in an easy to use and interactive viewing environment.

+1 314-329-7201

Open Studio 5 star review on 19th January 2021
Costa
Open Studio 5 star review on 17th December 2020
Michael
I expected to achieve complete keyboard *mastery* within 7 weeks and it took me only 7 days, although I’m deaf, dumb, blind and a total moron. I’m chuffed to bits! Thank you so much, AM & PM! Best jazz piano course I’ve found so far and, having reached absolute perfection, the hunt is over. ;)
Signed up for the all Piano access pass and love it ! Great teaching, thanks Open Studio.
Great videos for jazz piano!
I'm a lapsed pianist, have a digital piano that I go on occasionally, but decided after seeing the youtube sessions that I wanted more. Adam and Peter's Jump Start Jazz really takes it from square one, but in an interesting way. Sure you have to practice scales, there's no shortcut to that, they aren't promising a secret. Adam's patience in the scales, ear training, etude and free play make it feel, as close as you can with a recording, like you have a teacher with you. The soundslice display of the score is really useful too. I signed up for the Piano Subscription, which is around £28 per month. Compared to what I spend on other things (usually and now in lockdown) I think that's reasonable, and actually buying in to the course gives me more of a reason to actually practice rather than put it off because I'm busy or tired. The dynamic of Peter and Adam is great too and cheers me up whenever I watch....#WouldRecommend
Open Studio 5 star review on 31st March 2021
Open is the one stop shop for everything I had been searching for over the years!
Lack of musical pedagogy.... Musical strategy of jazz method.... 10000 usd for details
Hi there. Sorry you didn't find the right course for you during your 7-day free trial of the Piano Access Pass. If there is a course you didn't get to try, let us know and we can send you a sample lesson from it.
Cool
Hi Peter‘s class is very interesting and accessible. I am in the blues and bebop course and anxious to study through it. I play saxophone and chromatic harmonica so it is good to get this piano perspective. Thanks much. CY SCHMIDT Salt Lake City Utah USA 🇺🇸
Greg Hutchinson has made an excellent instruction video for intermediate and advanced players. Covers all the concepts needed to realize your professional goals. In addition, his reinforcement of the fundamentals are something that everyone should practice if your going to be a working musician.
The best! No more comments ...
I am enjoying this. I am still trying to find where I fit. I wish there were some beginner trumpet lessons.
Courses are really well taught and use great technology. Improvement after first lesson.
Open Studio has been an absolute game-changer for me as a performer and composer. I've been a member for about a year and a half and my entire musical vocabulary is all the richer for it. An unexpected bonus was discovering what a wonderful sense of community OS has cultivated. It's a beautiful thing to be a part of!
My facility at jazz piano is getting better already. I really like the guided practice, it keeps me focused and the repetition of the exercises is what I really need to get comfortable with the mechanics of the keyboard. I’ve been a guitarist for over 50 years. Theoretically, I understand the keyboard, but this is really helping me get my fingers accurately on the notes. The jumpstart is perfect for me, and the free play really drives the concepts home in a fun way! It’s great!!
Lots of Inspiration for piano playing plus daily exercises, rhythmical and eartraing. A well done concept. I can pick things for my own level. I m member since january , these few weeks gave me huge input on my way to piano-playing- fremdem. Best Ulrike
Adam and Peter's lessons are great. They really seem like they enjoy teaching and sharing jazz with others, and that makes it all the easier to learn. Adam's patience with the metronome in the early lessons of Jump Start is heroic. But calming. I will be signing up for the $40/month sub as it's a small price to pay (plus paying will help motivate me that little bit more!)
Es un curso que recomendaría, de hecho ya lo estoy haciendo. El nivel de los profesores es elevado, explican muy bien.
You are the best! Thanks for all!
Detailed instructions. Fortunate to have such a valuable tool readily available. Excellent supplemental resources and AV aids. Will be subscribing
Before I had even purchased my first class, the free content on YouTube had completely transformed my playing over the last couple of years. The magic voicing system is something I can spend my life mastering! A huge thanks to Adam Maness and Peter Martin, who have both inspired me as a player and as a music instructor. I feel like I know them and we've never met or talked! Really enjoy the Chick Corea related content, and would love to see more of it!
Open Studio is rated 4.75 based on 1,154 reviews