Open Studio Reviews

2 - 3 Hours
Read Open Studio Reviews

About Open Studio:

Open Studio - Jazz Lesson from Jazz Legends
Be a better jazz player, guaranteed.

Open Studio provides jazz education from today's leaders in jazz in an easy to use and interactive viewing environment.

+1 314-329-7201

Open Studio 5 star review on 29th August 2019
Effie
Not what I expected but exactly what I needed
Posted 16 minutes ago
Just perfect!!! The videos and the pdf's are really inspiring. Keep up the excellent work!!!
It's fantastic! Keep going! Greetings from Barcelona, Catalonia!
Highly recommend Open Studio! High quality, digestible lessons from pros. Knowledgable and endearing tutors with buckets of content to work through!!
Peter Martin's Open Studio is a great thing for jazz musicians. It's not easy to get lessons from a world class player when ever you feel like it. Some teachers are reticent to show you their best stuff, but Peter seems thrilled to do so. Even when the pandemic is over, nothing can beat this as a way to improve your improv.
Content and expertise that cannot be found anywhere else
Great methodology, great teachers and a bunch of material to improve my playing, thanks.
Really enjoying working through the course and getting some rigour to my practice!
Great discovery...
It was a delight to hear Dianne sing (isn't it always?) and share her insights on singing, jazz and performance. She's warm, personable, and she's a very encouraging teacher. Mighty generous of you guys to share her lead sheets! I've looked for her songbooks in the past, and this is a real bargain for the price. I have already begun to re-compose one of my own arrangements, following Diane's advice. What a treat!
Super clear and fun! I "knew" most of these concepts but not in such a straight forward, practical sense. Applying these voicings not only to tunes but also to compositions of my own. Thanks!
I'm a classical pianist and 40+ year classical vocalist and wanted to learn jazz piano. The incredible array of courses are clear, focused, well presented by knowledgeable gigging musicians..just the track I needed to run on. I've improved leaps and bounds. Also LOVE the great musical community (feels like friends i've known forever) and the top notch customer service. For the $50/month all access pass price...THE BEST DEAL I'VE EVER SEEN!!! Can't imagine weathering this crazy pandemic without it...a musical life saver!!!
I'm a classically trained pianist and 40 year classical music singer..wanted to learn Jazz piano and Open Studio is perfect. Lessons are clear, organized and the wealth of classes provide a clear track to run on. Love the community, incredible array of live performances and learning as well as the top notch customer service....for $50/month for the piano all access pass...what a great deal. Has kept me not only sane but the happiest I've ever been in my life during this crazy- azzzz pandemic. Keep bringin the fire yall!!!
Great lessons!
After being a self taught cocktail jazz piano player, it’s so good to get some lessons from true professional experts. Yahoo!
The system works for me.
Open Studio is an amazing place to learn music. The teachers are very knowledgeable, and helpful. I really enjoy the Daily Practice Guide. It's a nice way of keeping you motivated. The support team is amazing and the community of members are positive and supportive. I'm having a great time at Open Studio Jazz.
J’ai appris et espère encore le faire
Merci Peter ,Adam et toute votre équipe
I first heard of Peter Martin through his podcast channel "2 minute jazz." Then Peter started showing up on YouTube. I appreciated the short, bite-sized tutorials that I could use in my own playing. I decided to try a lesson through Open Studio. What I love about the lessons and what I want to integrate into my own teaching is the combination of video, pdf and Sound Slice, which allows you to see music as it's being played and slow down certain sections you want to hear over and over again.
This is the best jazz site on the web. The material is professional quality and the teachers are great. Peter Martin, Geoffrey Keezer, Christian McBride and Adam Maness are all at the top of their game. I look forward to new discoveries each and every day. jh
Open Studio is rated 4.75 based on 969 reviews