Open Studio Reviews

2 - 3 Hours
Read Open Studio Reviews

About Open Studio:

Open Studio - Jazz Lesson from Jazz Legends
Be a better jazz player, guaranteed.

Open Studio provides jazz education from today's leaders in jazz in an easy to use and interactive viewing environment.

+1 314-329-7201

Hiram Lightfoot
Open Studio 5 star review on 29th October 2020
Erik
Molto professionali
As a life long classical piano player, I am really having a lot of fun with Open Studios lessons. The online interface is superb and easy to use. My kids who also take classical lessons now want to switch to jazz! They go through all of the lessons and really have a lot of fun as well!
Amazing! Just what I had been looking for. The next best thing to having a good teacher. It would be incredible if you added more play-alongs in more keys and tempos, they are game changers.
A ton of valuable information presented in easily digestible segments. Anyone who puts in the time will see their playing improve. Great value.
Open Studio 5 star review on 19th January 2021
There is at least one course on every topic related to jazz. Adam and Peter make sure that you understand the basics, the absolute source of your musicianship. That is the best part. I never feel the need for someone to practically teach me. Every video is worth just as much as a live, one on one session (if not more). They have live guided sessions on zoom every day and other special live session regularly. There are so many teachers with their own unique style. Every single one of them is a great musician and a better teacher. You can feel that every one of them genuinely cares for the art and want to spread their knowledge to all.
So far so good. Just started couple of weeks ago
Very happy to have chosen Open Studio
Great musicians !
Very warm and encouraging teachers
A variety of courses that adapt to our level
I am sure to progress !
I have now started the study of jazz with Open Studio and I am still exploring. Sometimes it's so much that I get lost on the site, but there's a lot of great stuff.
Hallo, fachlich bin ich total begeistert von den Tutorials - gut erklärt und wenig erzählte Eigendarstellung. Auch Sound und Bildqualität sind super.
Ich wollte mir eigentlich die angebotene Übungsapp herunterladen, bekomme aber an meine Emailadresse keinen Aktivierungscode. Der entsprechende Mitarbeiter hat sich bislang noch nicht wieder gemeldet.
Für das Jahr 2021 nehme ich mir pro Woche eine intensive Stunde mit Peter Martin vor und habe dann ganz viele Anregungen zum Umsetzen. Super!
"You can teach an led dog new tricks" .... I love the Christian McBride bass courses, I have 2!!! I am an old guy, been playing he teaching steady for over 50 years. Listening to CM, we have so many common things in our backgrounds, yet Christian has so much more to offer. I originally thought I could pick up some new teaching methods to use with my own students, which has happened, but I have learned so much for myself.... "you can teach an old dog new tricks"
I am really enjoying the content!
There are a couple of features that I think could be Improved:
For the block chords course a pdf with all the basic scales on would be helpful to stop having to go back to individual videos and finding them
My player bugs out sometimes and I have to refresh which loses my place
A -15/+15 second button like there is on YouTube would be so handy if something is slightly missed.

Otherwise it’s great and so helpful
Open Studio is simply the best!
Great and entertaining courses. I played piano for a year without any real development but starting again with the jazz piano jump start is helping immensely.
I would like a transcription in french if it’s possible aha !
Love it.👍
Just started my membership. Guitar is my main instrument. OS has made me happy in a number of ways and I'm very satisfied with my subscription. The Brazilian courses are amazing and everything from Adam and Peter is fantastic. Guided practice sessions are really what I needed in my life. Only reason I won't go 5 stars just yet is that, as a guitar player, I find Peter Sprague's school of thought a little convoluted and odd - haven't been able to get a lot from it. He's a technician, just not my cup of tea. That, and the interface is a little clunky. Overall, huge fan and super appreciative that I got that new years deal on my membership. I've already recommended the service to friends. Thanks a ton OS!!
Beyond the sheer amount of information, videos, pdfs, etc., I am touched by the sincerity and openness of all the instructors. It’s on a level I have never experienced before. It’s as if I were in the room with them and they were sharing what they knew with their best friend. They speak from their heart and soul while entertaining me with humor. Big thanks to everyone, I really mean it.
I like Adam’s and Peter's teaching style. Especially their approach that music is much more than just hitting the keys. I will recommend Open Studio
Really enjoying it so far! I've learnt more from a few short lessons and guided practise sessions than I did in a few months with in-person tuition!
Adam's enthusiasm for the subject matter encourages me when I practice, and his presentation of the material is very clear.
Open Studio is rated 4.75 based on 1,033 reviews