Open Studio Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Open Studio

About Open Studio: Open Studio - Jazz Lesson from Jazz Legends
Be a better jazz player, guaranteed.

Open Studio provides jazz education from today's leaders in jazz in an easy to use and interactive viewing environment.

+1 314-329-7201

support@openstudionetwork.com

3547 Olive St.

Live Chat, Email, Telephone
Effie K
"I'm so thrilled with the way you teach every subject and with your attitude on the emails. Thank you for providing us with all of this knowledge in an affordable price. On many ways you made me feel that you care for the students. Well done Open Studio Team. :)"
Yasue M
"Definitive, essential and inspiring. There are many eye opening performances. I’ve never understood what swing was until I watched one of lessons here."
"I particularly like the guided practices. It helps me stay focused on the material and keeps my practice time efficient."
"Excellent."
"It feels like sitting in on not just one MasterClass with a superb musician, but several, all from the comfort of your own home. The 'Living Notation' and Workbook are great companions to the videos. I feel I'm not only learning a lot; I also feel so inspired."
"Great learning experience and love Peters willingness to share secrets of the trade"
"A very good method to learn music!"
"I'm very pleased with the quality and variety of the material presented in the practice sessions as well as the quality of instructors. Lots of examples and excellent backing tracks for practicing."
"Hi i recently joined open studio to learn jazz piano and I am just doing the jump start course so it will be more beneficial if you tell me after finishing the jump start course which course should i join and the entire sequence of courses to become a pro jazz player...thank you"
"The best way to learn Jazz !"
"What a great site. I love it. Such awesome customer service and awesome lessons."
"The content is good so far, but there is no engagement. When I left a comment it really just feels like I talking to myself. The quiz on Swinging the ride cymbal, is not good.The jazz fundamental course says it is for intermediate/advanced. The questions do not reflect the level. The player and its functionality are great. I was running into a bug when the sheet music would display but the locator would freeze at a location and the content would stop entirely. Keep it up!"
"Great Videos und Great didactic concepts. Gives me lots of Inspirations"
"I’m really loving the content so far!"
"I have been a open studio member since 2017. I have an all access pass and have been enjoying my membership. I recently purchased the elements workbook only to find that the element blues lines -demo pages were missing from the workbook. I was able to print them out from the online lesson but they should have been included in the book. I wish that all of the piano methods lessons would include detailed transcriptions of the lessons. for example: The Body and Soul revisited lesson did include an eight bar transcription from the beginning of the lesson but Peter has such great cluster voicings and lines in the rest of the lesson and there is no available transcription."
"Fantastic! Much appreciated support! Thanks for making my life more wonderful :)"
"I was hoping for something more jazz oriented. But this seems to focus on people who have never touched a piano. Names of keys, how to buy a keyboard, ect..."
Hey Robert,

​We're sorry to see that you're not completely happy with the Jazz Piano Jumpstart. It may be too easy for you, as it's our novice piano course. We have several other piano courses available, perhaps Jazz Piano for Beginners or the Elements of Jazz Piano (intermediate) might be a better fit.

If you'd be interested in switching to a different course, we'd be happy to refund you, and send you some links to sample lessons of whichever course you'd like to try. Let us know! Thanks so much for your feedback.

Best,
Rachel Morgan
Operations Coordinator, Open Studio
"I'm really impressed with what you are offering. I wish this had been available when I was a younger. Still, I like to think I'm still fairly young ;-) so I'll be with you for quite a while yet and look forward to becoming the best musician I can be with your help. Keep up the fantastic work. Damien."
"I am very happy to join open studio. I'm learning a lot. Thank you"
"The best of the best!"
"Hi, Unlike the another courses I am not very happy with the last course. I am not pianist so I need a few explanations and perhaps some exercices to do. Also I would like english subtitles. Yes, I know this course is cheap but no help me like the another courses did. Best Regards Antonio"
"I’m not in a rush!! There are no shortcuts. I’ve been a Professional Musician for 55-years. Sax, Flute, and Clarinet. I’m familiar with the Piano because I am an Arranger (Berklee College of Music) Studied Saxophone, with Buddy Collette. I am enjoying the lesson and I feel I found the right place. Can you tell me about the videos on Extensive Ear Training. I believe you mentioned that when I first signed up Thank you, Nick De Mauro"
"This is what I needed. Help me go on from my level."
Open Studio is rated 4.70 based on 371 reviews