Open Studio Reviews

Live Chat, Email, Telephone
Read Open Studio Reviews

About Open Studio:

Open Studio - Jazz Lesson from Jazz Legends
Be a better jazz player, guaranteed.

Open Studio provides jazz education from today's leaders in jazz in an easy to use and interactive viewing environment.

+1 314-329-7201

support@openstudionetwork.com

3547 Olive St.

You have a very interactive and elegant platform.
I'm
Wonderful site!
I would add subtitles in english to let to understand everything to person that don't speak english every day.Then i would make also an app to quickly access to each course.
Hello. Thanks for the review. We do actually have English subtitles on all of the courses except the Jazz Piano Method. Check them out.
Very useful tool , very pointed in the teachings.
So far the information is very inspiring. I would like to see more transcriptions for the drums.
Help me a lot to fix many "little things". Really what I expected when I subscribed to the course. Thanks!
Very good approach for Keez for Piano, and Approaching the Lead Sheet. Both courses offered practical useable information. The Penatonics course is not as useful. It so far (3 lessons) has been playing a pentatonic scale, with the instructor and a metronome. The accompanying fingering chart is only for the right hand. The instructors state to find your own fingering which for this is not helpful. To develop control, speed, dexterity and power for scale like playing the the fingering is critical. Almost all of the success of rapid playing depends on developing useable fingering for both hands. I found another book to help with pentatonic scales specifically which devotes a lot of time to the fingering. It has been more helpful. The pentatonics course as you may deduce for me is not helpful. I don't know if /when I will do another course from Open Studio. I will keep looking though at the options.
Very helpful, clear and comprehensive tuition. Definitely worth doing
I like the courses, I may not be a singer or bassist. I can still attend those courses to understand how the other instrument fit in the band settings
Love the content. Best there is. Peter, Adam and Geoffrey are better than anyone out there. Don’t love the pricing and clarity of purchase options. Also, all content (once purchased) should be downloadable so I am not relying on internet.
Been looking to jump in for over a year now. Finally the opportunity is here and I am studying this with my 9 and 11 year old. They are going ahead of the lessons and have found a deep interest in Jazz piano as the videos are so helpful and truly offer depth and an opportunity to practice. Can’t wait to share the outcome in 6 months of dedicated work. Thanks for this resource. Ultimate Jazz study program!!!
Best of best, but relatively expensive
The Jazz Piano method subscription is a tremendous bang for the buck.
Hello Cats: Yes, I joined! each lesson is so good, deep, and IMPLIES SO MUCH PRACTICING, which I love, that it is difficult to go on to the NEXT LESSON. The internet has given us TOO MUCH INFORMATION. Also, I seem to have some problem navigating through the various lessons. finding the next lesson.. PETER: Yes, you are a fantastic player.. (Did you go to High School in Saint Louis? Im a Clayton High graduate) But! many times you just go too fast! I know I can "slow down" the videos.. When you are demonstrating something, you will often "DROP SOMETHING ELSE" in between your poins.. a hip run,or a quick substitute progression.. TRY NOT TO DO THAT! LOL .. SLOW DOWN please.. and I am an experienced professional and its still too fast sometimes. You don't talk about how you developed your chops.. Classical training? Saint Louis Institue of Music? I studied with Herb Drury, and played some with Freddy Washington, but you might not know those names. YOU are moving me forward after my years of non-direction.. THANK YOU FOR THAT.. Is the pentatonic boot camp available to me with the subscription that I have? that was not clear. Thank you for all..I plan to continue with you .. there is so many other videos.. but you go to the essential essence of it all..
The best
Thank you for expressing my opinion. In my humble opinion, there are too few examples of music in a ready pdf file. Maybe sample phrases or licks? Mike
Thanks for your courses!
I like all the courses I’ve taken and hope to take some more in the future.
ILove your teaching