Open Studio Reviews

2 - 3 Hours
Read Open Studio Reviews

About Open Studio:

Open Studio - Jazz Lesson from Jazz Legends
Be a better jazz player, guaranteed.

Open Studio provides jazz education from today's leaders in jazz in an easy to use and interactive viewing environment.

+1 314-329-7201

Shirley
Hiram L
Open Studio 5 star review on 29th October 2020
Erik
Only just starting out as a complete beginner I understand major minor chord structures already but could never connect a to b or why a 7th chord would be needed or even what it was! The jump start course is really showing me the way putting sounds in my hands and ideas in my head. I cannot recommend these course high enough they are presented really well and give you lots to work on to advance your own game. I do own courses from other companies who are equally good but I always think you can never have too much information and this is a top draw addition to my piano journey.
Hi there!
I'm very happy that I found Open Studio. It's an amazing resource for great jazz education at highest professional standards.
I'm a professional composer and bass player, but I wanted to switch to piano as my main instrument, and it's a long road, but I know I'm in the right path with Open Studio.
Now for the feedback:
Adam, the Pentatonics Course is amazing, it has really opened my eyes. But, there's something I would have wished: In the guided practice sessions, let's say "Take the Coltrane") you make the walking and the comping, but you don't play yourself an example of the exercises as you would practice them. I think it would be a great help that you play it once.
Thank you very much, you are making and incredible work for jazz education and for musicians who want to take the next step.
I'm definitely going to get the Piano Access Pass.
Best regards.
Gustavo Guardiola
Less talk.more guide
Hi there Siak. I see you tried the Piano Access Pass free trial. Sorry you didn't find the perfect fit of courses. It's possible that you didn't get to the right one in the 7-days. If there is another course you would like to try, just let us know and we can send you a full sample lesson.
I always felt myself an intermediate player. I know the basics and can play tunes but I need to work on my soloing. In the pandemic I was thinking its a good time to hunker down and learn some new jazz piano skills. I happened across the You'll Hear It podcast by accident and loved it. Then I discovered Open Studio and started taking the Elemens of Jazz Piano class. Though i'm only a few days in, I'm confident I'm already becoming a better piano player and Peter and Adam are great teachers!
Thanks, Adam and Peter. You guys are a constant inspiration (as time permits)!
I’m teaching remotely for another few weeks, but looking forward to doing a deep dive with Open Studio during my summer vacation!
I've been watching your classes and videos on youtube for some time now. Everything has been great and I am suprised to see jazz musicians that are so talkative! Actually, my jazz piano teacher recently sent me link to Open Studios web page and he is impressed to. Keep going, keep encourage other musicians and have a great time!
I enjoy the free piano classes by Peter Martin and Adam Maness, and all the free content, which is absolutely generous by Open Studio. I did buy the Pentatonics Course from the latter, which I'm practicing on a daily basis. Thanks for your contribution to jazz education!
Aber bitte stimmt das Klavier
Very well done production and the coursework is clear and interesting
Ottima piattaforma. Lezione molto interessante. Docente molto valido e originale. Discorso articolato in vari argomenti. Molto attuale
I expected to achieve complete keyboard *mastery* within 7 weeks and it took me only 7 days, although I’m deaf, dumb, blind and a total moron. I’m chuffed to bits! Thank you so much, AM & PM! Best jazz piano course I’ve found so far and, having reached absolute perfection, the hunt is over. ;)
Signed up for the all Piano access pass and love it ! Great teaching, thanks Open Studio.
Great videos for jazz piano!
I'm a lapsed pianist, have a digital piano that I go on occasionally, but decided after seeing the youtube sessions that I wanted more.
Adam and Peter's Jump Start Jazz really takes it from square one, but in an interesting way. Sure you have to practice scales, there's no shortcut to that, they aren't promising a secret.
Adam's patience in the scales, ear training, etude and free play make it feel, as close as you can with a recording, like you have a teacher with you. The soundslice display of the score is really useful too.
I signed up for the Piano Subscription, which is around £28 per month. Compared to what I spend on other things (usually and now in lockdown) I think that's reasonable, and actually buying in to the course gives me more of a reason to actually practice rather than put it off because I'm busy or tired.
The dynamic of Peter and Adam is great too and cheers me up whenever I watch....#WouldRecommend
Open is the one stop shop for everything I had been searching for over the years!
Lack of musical pedagogy.... Musical strategy of jazz method.... 10000 usd for details
Hi there. Sorry you didn't find the right course for you during your 7-day free trial of the Piano Access Pass. If there is a course you didn't get to try, let us know and we can send you a sample lesson from it.
Cool
Hi Peter‘s class is very interesting and accessible. I am in the blues and bebop course and anxious to study through it. I play saxophone and chromatic harmonica so it is good to get this piano perspective. Thanks much. CY SCHMIDT Salt Lake City Utah USA 🇺🇸
Greg Hutchinson has made an excellent instruction video for intermediate and advanced players. Covers all the concepts needed to realize your professional goals. In addition, his reinforcement of the fundamentals are something that everyone should practice if your going to be a working musician.
The best! No more comments ...
Open Studio is rated 4.75 based on 1,084 reviews