Open Studio Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Open Studio

About Open Studio: Open Studio - Jazz Lesson from Jazz Legends
Be a better jazz player, guaranteed.

Open Studio provides jazz education from today's leaders in jazz in an easy to use and interactive viewing environment.

+1 314-329-7201

support@openstudionetwork.com

3547 Olive St.

Live Chat, Email, Telephone
Jesse H
"I particularly like the guided practices. It helps me stay focused on the material and keeps my practice time efficient."
Mark H
"I’m impressed with the content, presentation, and skills of your staff. The idea is quite comprehensive and I feel blessed to have found this music resource. I’m quite happy practicing and it’s great to be able to go over the material."
Fulvio T
"I've started many online jazz guitar courses but Peter Sprague's is a bit different. Being the seasoned performer he is and the collaborations he had with top jazz musicians he talks from the perspective of a professional guitar player who knows how to deliver the knowledge to a student. His jazz guitar course starts from the very beginning (pay attention though, it's not for absolute beginners, you must know your basic chords and scales to dive into it) explaining the major scale and the main chords with inversions. I've watched the first three lesson and I have food for thought and practice for six months! This is the premise for a great learning experience. I forgot: his insights on left hand technique for arpeggios is an eye opener. Not for every body but it works for me. You also get Peter Sprague's technique book as a free download, whose pages are often referenced to during the videos. Greetings from Italy."
"I thought that the all access pass would give me access to everything as all means all. However it was a bait and switch ploy to just get more and more money when you introduce something new then either you get a discount or only a taste of the program. Also the transcriptions are not all there yet. The living player is not useful only showing a few measures at a time while the tempo of say hutch transcriptions is so fast that you really need to print it to follow along."
Hello Al,

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry for any confusion about the All-Access Pas vs the Lifetime Access to specific courses. With the All-Access Pass you do have access to every course released during your membership. The Lifetime Access option on single courses gives you streaming access to the course forever in addition to extras like downloadables.

As far as Living Notation, there are zooming functions that allow you to show more of the transcription on the screen, and there is a slow down feature too.

We are happy to show you some more features if you like. Just send us an email at support@openstudionetwork.com.

Dan
Co-Founder, Open Studio
"Some of the explanations could be slowed so people could understand what’s going on I am a retired music teacher and I look at presentations some teachers musicians would show something and would play at lightening speed a big chunk of music I am old school I believe in playing on a fhythmn idea play the same idea again etc"
Hello Alexander,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I'm sorry the Jazz Piano for Beginners didn't live up to your expectations. We are actually working on a new jazz piano course that may be a better fit called "Jazz Piano Jumpstart". We will let you know when that is launching.

Dan
Co-Founder, Open Studio
Hi Alexander!

Just reaching out to let you know that our newest course, Jazz Piano Jumpstart, is available!

It's the precursor to the "Jazz Piano for Beginners" course, and it is designed with structured practice routines and methodologies to help you learn the basics of playing jazz piano in just 7 weeks. Plus, it's on our brand new site. Check it out here: https://www.openstudiojazz.com/jazz-piano-jumpstart

We hope you have you back and happier than ever with us at Open Studio. Let us know if you have any questions.

Rachel Morgan