Open Studio Reviews

2 - 3 Hours
Read Open Studio Reviews

About Open Studio:

Open Studio - Jazz Lesson from Jazz Legends
Be a better jazz player, guaranteed.

Open Studio provides jazz education from today's leaders in jazz in an easy to use and interactive viewing environment.

+1 314-329-7201

Open Studio 5 star review on 17th September 2019
Yasue
Open Studio 5 star review on 29th August 2019
Effie
I think that there is too much material and not a real way to practice. I know the Jazz theory but I don know how to develop the language creating fluid and fast Jazz lines, various kind of complex chords and how to harmonize or reharm a melody. Finally my level is stopped to the intermediate, I don’t see improvement. Antonio.
Hi there Antonio.
Sorry you feel your progress has halted. Have you tried the Daily Guided Practice Sessions led by Adam Maness that are included in your Piano Access Pass?

Best,
Dan
I was very satisfied by your youtube videos, so I decided to purchase your online courses. But I found that online courses are insufficient than youtube videos. It was a bit dissapointing.
Hi Yechan,
Sorry you were disappointed. We are happy to swap out your course for another that may be a better fit, or refund your purchase if you like. Just shoot us an email at support@openstudionetwork.com
I selected Open Chords...and I am an intermediate player but I did expect the guy to physically apply the chord stylings to a song not just sit in front of piano and play a few out.... many people are visual learners as well.
Won’t be using it....sorry
PD
Hi Paul -

Sorry you were unhappy with your course purchase. I've just sent you an email from our support@openstudionetwork.com with some possible solutions.

Best,
co-founder, Open Studio
I would expect more harmonic lesson on this videos ..
The classes are over-priced and not very in-depth. $77 to watch Adam Maness illustrate the Philipps Exercises? Or to learn the A position and B position left hand voicings? It’s excessive.
The descriptions and notebook are wanting. The course is called beginning jazz piano but the presenter expects students to start a medium to fast tempos. The looping effect is nice but there needs to be a slow down effect as well. Also, fingerings are not clearly delineated in the shell chapter.

I feel as if I have wasted my money!
Hey Steve,
Sorry if this course wasn't a good fit for you. I'm adding the precursor course Jazz Piano Jump-Start to your dashboard that may be a better fit. Also, just so you know you can adjust the speed using the Living Notation player, using the speed controls on the left side of the play bar.
Send us an email at support@openstudionetwork.com if you need any other assistance.
The course is too general. Can’t understand the method.
Not really impressed
Logging in takes too long. None of the player customizations are being restored. Automatic log out happens too frequently.
Unfortunately the classification of courses is poor. I purchased ELEMENTS and the accompanying book, only to find that much of the material is the same as the Beginner or Basic course. There was no overview which would allow me to select the course most appropriate to me.
Hello Andrew,

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. We strive to make sure the piano courses we offer cover varying skill levels and have a few resources to help give guidance to which course would be the best fit, including detailed descriptions of each course, sample lessons and a section in our FAQ titled "Which Piano Course is Right for Me?" I'm sorry that these didn't help or weren't easy to find.

The Jazz Piano for Beginners course is quite different from the Elements of Jazz Piano course. I'm more than happy to offer you a month of the All-Access Pass if you would like to try any of the other piano courses to see if one is a better fit.

-Dan
Co-founder, Open Studio
I was excited about the piano tutorials offered by Open Studio, but gave up rather quickly when navigating between pages took so long. I wrote for help with this, but, unfortunately, no matter which browser I used, the waiting time became distracting (I do not have this problem on any other site).
I like the Peter Martin very much, but am disappointed by the slowness of the system and the lack of downloadable material that can help someone who's had one and a half years of jazz piano classes. I think that if the system were faster, my demoralization could be alleviated. I haven't visited the site for months now, however.
Hello Margaret. Thanks for taking the time to review. I wanted to let you know that we have just undergone a MAJOR overhaul under the hood so you should notice a significant speed improvement in navigating the site. Give it a try.

Regards,
Co-Founder, Open Studio
I was expecting information that was more useful in terms of technique. While I enjoyed Dianne's stories and such, they fell in the category of inspiration rather than instruction.
Open Studio is rated 4.75 based on 979 reviews