Open Studio Reviews

94% of reviewers recommend Open Studio

About Open Studio: Open Studio - Jazz Lesson from Jazz Legends
Be a better jazz player, guaranteed.

Open Studio provides jazz education from today's leaders in jazz in an easy to use and interactive viewing environment.

+1 314-329-7201

support@openstudionetwork.com

3547 Olive St.

Live Chat, Email, Telephone
Jesse H
"I particularly like the guided practices. It helps me stay focused on the material and keeps my practice time efficient."
Mark H
"I’m impressed with the content, presentation, and skills of your staff. The idea is quite comprehensive and I feel blessed to have found this music resource. I’m quite happy practicing and it’s great to be able to go over the material."
"A great learning tool. Drumming courses(especially the fundamentals of jazz Drumming )are awesome and the rhythm section fundamentals course is simply stunning! Inspirational stuff!!"
"Things progressing nicely for me, an amateur, slowly, but nicely because I find the explanations and lessons very comprehensive and easy to understand. I have, however found a typo in the scale for #8 of the Lydian Dominant scale in F. As someone who's beginning to get a firmer grasp on this theory, it does create confusion when I see an Ab in that scale."
"I really am liking it. The only thing I would like is to be able to press the space bar to start and stop the video. That’s in the notation video player."
"The course is excellent and Peter Martin is a great piano player and teacher."
"I like it very much Thanks"
"Excellent lectures and on line material. It would be great to have live sessions for questions/advice for course's subscribers at regular intervals (say once a month)"
Hey Paolo!

Thanks for reaching out with this suggestion. We've been doing monthly Facebook Live sessions with Peter Martin called AMA's (ask me anything). Here, our members are able to ask Peter Martin absolutely any questions that they have about our courses, piano/jazz advice and more. Follow us on Facebook at @heyopenstudio to get more information about live streams like these. Our next AMA will be on Friday, June 14 at 2pm CST. We hope to see you there!

Let us know if you have any other questions or comments. Thanks again for your suggestion.

Rachel Morgan
Operations Coordinator
"60 years of classical piano but love jazz. Just finished my first 3 months of the beginner course and love it just started the next phase."
"if you add a progress bar to the program, Open Studio would get a 5 star rating. True Fire does a great job with there video formatting check out there self study lessons"
Hey Luis!

Thanks for this feedback. We hear you, and we're actually moving to a new platform in the coming weeks that will have this upgrade along with many others. You'll be receiving more information about making the switch to our new site soon, but it will for sure allow you to see your progress throughout the course. Thanks for the suggestion!

Rachel Morgan
Operations Coordinator
"I am very pleased with the course so far. I am not too far along, but I like what I’ve experienced so far."
"Hi, my name is Ramon Angel and I have recently bought Greg Hutchinson's fundamentals of Jazz drumming. He is a terrific drummer and I have always loved his playing. It is really great to be able to listen how he understand music and jazz drumming. Great course and great ideas."
"A wonderful resource for aspiring musicians. The audio and video quality is superb. I purchased the Fundamentals of Jazz Drumming with great Greg Hutchinson and am especially enjoying the body camera as I can see the drum kit as though I were playing. I really look forward to the off-line viewing feature as I live in a rural community and my practice "shed" has no internet connectivity thus drumming and working on video lesson material is not possible for me."
"Great and comprehensive content, just some problems with the player on iPad (sometimes playback freezes, I have to reload the page)"
"Very useful materials"
"I am very tankful you are here"
"It’s a good program. Well presented and explained."
"A lot of great material for learners like me."
"im still working"
"Very well done. Merging artistry with technology."
"I didn't find the downloads unassisted by text about what they were was disappointing. I fear I lost interest."
"I'm still in the early phases of the "lifetime" lesson I purchased (Hutchology) but thus far am satisfied, a lot of very good information and tips in bite-sized pieces."
"Utilisation systématique de « living notation «  sans pour autant perdre le travail à l’oreille sans écriture ni lecture. Améliorer la page d’accueil à fin de mieux comprendre les choix possibles pour organiser le travail. Par exemple cette année où j’étais très malade et n’avait pas de temps ni de patience , la petite demi-heure que j’ avais de temps en temps pour profiter de tout ce que vous proposez , s’est transformé en recherche parce que je ne savais pas comment trouver que les morceaux qui m’ excite en » living notation « bref ....... je trouve que ce que vous proposez est déjà très bien; si vous pouvez l’améliorer au niveau d’un handicapé qui n’ a pas beaucoup de patience cela ne sera que bénéfique pour les autres et pour open studio."
Open Studio is rated 4.70 based on 307 reviews

Create Free Account Now

Fill the details below & get instant access