Open Studio Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Open Studio

About Open Studio: Open Studio - Jazz Lesson from Jazz Legends
Be a better jazz player, guaranteed.

Open Studio provides jazz education from today's leaders in jazz in an easy to use and interactive viewing environment.

+1 314-329-7201

support@openstudionetwork.com

3547 Olive St.

company-profile.Click_here
Live Chat, Email, Telephone
Effie K
"I'm so thrilled with the way you teach every subject and with your attitude on the emails. Thank you for providing us with all of this knowledge in an affordable price. On many ways you made me feel that you care for the students. Well done Open Studio Team. :)"
Yasue M
"Definitive, essential and inspiring. There are many eye opening performances. I’ve never understood what swing was until I watched one of lessons here."
"I particularly like the guided practices. It helps me stay focused on the material and keeps my practice time efficient."
"Hi i recently joined open studio to learn jazz piano and I am just doing the jump start course so it will be more beneficial if you tell me after finishing the jump start course which course should i join and the entire sequence of courses to become a pro jazz player...thank you"
"The content is good so far, but there is no engagement. When I left a comment it really just feels like I talking to myself. The quiz on Swinging the ride cymbal, is not good.The jazz fundamental course says it is for intermediate/advanced. The questions do not reflect the level. The player and its functionality are great. I was running into a bug when the sheet music would display but the locator would freeze at a location and the content would stop entirely. Keep it up!"
"I have been a open studio member since 2017. I have an all access pass and have been enjoying my membership. I recently purchased the elements workbook only to find that the element blues lines -demo pages were missing from the workbook. I was able to print them out from the online lesson but they should have been included in the book. I wish that all of the piano methods lessons would include detailed transcriptions of the lessons. for example: The Body and Soul revisited lesson did include an eight bar transcription from the beginning of the lesson but Peter has such great cluster voicings and lines in the rest of the lesson and there is no available transcription."
"This is what I needed. Help me go on from my level."
"I am just starting using the platform, so far so good"
"Topics and the taught material are very good on Open Studio. The musicians are wonderful and their skills are amazing. Howewer, in my opinion, often it's not simple to follow the lessons because most of the interesting things are not explained nice and slowly. I'm pretty an intermediate/advanced piano player, so if I have this kind of difficulty, I think that this problem is widespread if most of the subscribers are beginner. Obviously this is my opinion. Finally I'm pretty sorry because I think that, with these musicians, I could learn a lot of things and become a better musicians, but unfortunately this is not so easy. I'm aware that topic is complex, but in the future, if this question can be solved, please do it."
"Excellent it actually merits five but I am a bit slow because of an orthopedic problem that occurred in my RH fingers. Therefore cannot concentrate fully. Thank you"
"So far so good."
"I'm a you'll hear it premium member, and I love the podcast, and the podcasters. The only reason why my vote is 4 and not 5 is because the website, sometimes, gives me issues. Loving all that you are doing guys, keep on going!"
"The video quality is good, but at times the videos take some time to load. Maybe it’s a browser issue."
"Please, English subtitles to movie, because I'm not good at listening English."
"Things progressing nicely for me, an amateur, slowly, but nicely because I find the explanations and lessons very comprehensive and easy to understand. I have, however found a typo in the scale for #8 of the Lydian Dominant scale in F. As someone who's beginning to get a firmer grasp on this theory, it does create confusion when I see an Ab in that scale."
"I really am liking it. The only thing I would like is to be able to press the space bar to start and stop the video. That’s in the notation video player."
"The course is excellent and Peter Martin is a great piano player and teacher."
"I like it very much Thanks"
"Excellent lectures and on line material. It would be great to have live sessions for questions/advice for course's subscribers at regular intervals (say once a month)"
Hey Paolo!

Thanks for reaching out with this suggestion. We've been doing monthly Facebook Live sessions with Peter Martin called AMA's (ask me anything). Here, our members are able to ask Peter Martin absolutely any questions that they have about our courses, piano/jazz advice and more. Follow us on Facebook at @heyopenstudio to get more information about live streams like these. Our next AMA will be on Friday, June 14 at 2pm CST. We hope to see you there!

Let us know if you have any other questions or comments. Thanks again for your suggestion.

Rachel Morgan
Operations Coordinator
"60 years of classical piano but love jazz. Just finished my first 3 months of the beginner course and love it just started the next phase."
"if you add a progress bar to the program, Open Studio would get a 5 star rating. True Fire does a great job with there video formatting check out there self study lessons"
Hey Luis!

Thanks for this feedback. We hear you, and we're actually moving to a new platform in the coming weeks that will have this upgrade along with many others. You'll be receiving more information about making the switch to our new site soon, but it will for sure allow you to see your progress throughout the course. Thanks for the suggestion!

Rachel Morgan
Operations Coordinator
"I am very pleased with the course so far. I am not too far along, but I like what I’ve experienced so far."
"Hi, my name is Ramon Angel and I have recently bought Greg Hutchinson's fundamentals of Jazz drumming. He is a terrific drummer and I have always loved his playing. It is really great to be able to listen how he understand music and jazz drumming. Great course and great ideas."
Open Studio is rated 4.70 based on 372 reviews