Open Studio Reviews

2 - 3 Hours
Read Open Studio Reviews

About Open Studio:

Open Studio - Jazz Lesson from Jazz Legends
Be a better jazz player, guaranteed.

Open Studio provides jazz education from today's leaders in jazz in an easy to use and interactive viewing environment.

+1 314-329-7201

Yasue
Open Studio 5 star review on 29th August 2019
Effie
Not what I expected but exactly what I needed
Great methodology, great teachers and a bunch of material to improve my playing, thanks.
Great discovery...
J’ai appris et espère encore le faire
Merci Peter ,Adam et toute votre équipe
Break up lessons into shorter segments. Walk students through each example. I’m breaking each lesson into 2 or 3 segments. Wouldn’t change the info, that’s excellent.
Generally speaking, i'm happy. The content is quite good, the explanations are good for the most part. I will say that I'm not too thrilled with all the altered chords in the arrangements, I really think they are dissonant, except as passing tones, and they are often used as a prime sustaining chord. I change them to 6 or M7 or 6-9. Also, whereas Adam is a good tutor, I would like little more about why a chord fits where he has it. He kinda glosses it over a bit.
Love the teaching styles of Adam and Pete. Did have some functionality problems on the 7 day trial (keyboard and living note) which makes me hesitate on taking out a subscription
Enjoyed your 7days trial lesson. I think if students could clearly see and hear what they can achieve after completion of classes, it will be more easier for them to enroll your class. I definitely enroll your class and I would like to be part of your community.
Coming into it for the first time is a little overwhelming and it’s very difficult to just get started playing. I think if you have a quick-start section, it would be less daunting and more likely to hook those of us with little time to spare to start from zero with every course. Little lessons that someone could just pick up and go with (even if they’re missing some of the groundwork). Then, if I want to delve deeper into that concept, I could be taken to the larger course and start from the ground up. I hope that makes sense. Regardless, it’s a very valuable resource and I can see myself getting lost in it for many years to come.
Good introduction to trial the course for a few days
Hi Open Studio! I’m a session Guitar Player who has been trying to learn piano for years. The pandemic has given me Time to get into it again, and Adam’s new course on block chords and drop 2 chords has been a godsend: his explanation of the Barry harris method of harmonizarion and his very comprehensive drills have kept me practicing ESSENTIAL harmony must-knows that inform my Guitar playing as well. I Wish I had the Time and money for all of his classes, butai’ll be working on this for a Good year at least. Adam’s an amazing Teacher and his approach is very friendly and Easy going, and I Will definitely buy more of his lessons as Time and money allow.

Production wise the videos are TOP notch, great lighting and view of the piano. Great job, Open Studio!
Christian McBride course is excellent!
I had a five days trial and I like it
Just tought that it would have more profound classes. It looked like workshops to me
Some more GPS like those Adam Maness has in his courses and it would be five stars. Some of Peter Martins courses covers a lot of material and it gets a little overwhelming.
ottimo servizio!!!
It should have a short amount rewind button (like 3-5 seconds) to hear the chord again. When teacher plays chords you can write the name of the chord because if you don’t write that it making me spend extra effort to pause the lesson, note the chord notes and positions and back to lesson to watch again over and over. The 25-35 dollar course prices was a very good discount for people like us to spend 7.5 lira to every dollar because of the currency. The price was so affordable that for a moment I asked myself should I buy all the courses :)
Hi Feriz. Great suggestion. I've added your request to the list of feature requests. We do have speed control and A/B looping that can achieve the same thing.
Super well organized. I have been drawn here several times, most recently to see if I could get help as a total beginner piano player. I think i will work on rudiments first, and maybe come back. There is definitely a place for this. Good luck. I may come back with my clarinet - my main instrument. But i came here for piano, and - its not right for me. THANKS!!!
Very clear explanation. Thank you for the trial session.
Hi, thank you for the opportunity you gave me to learn pentatonic.
I am interested to go further with "elements to jazz piano" and " keez to jazz Piano" but I am limited financially, can you please give me a hand?

Best regards from Portugal,
Patrick Bereau
It is great that I can watch all the live studio sessions, although I live in a different time zone. Very interesting. I would like more guitar .
Hello Craig, all of the courses are available 24 hours / day. If you could reach out to us at support@openstudionetwork.com we can help if there are other issues.

Best,