Open Studio Reviews

94% of reviewers recommend Open Studio

About Open Studio: Open Studio - Jazz Lesson from Jazz Legends
Be a better jazz player, guaranteed.

Open Studio provides jazz education from today's leaders in jazz in an easy to use and interactive viewing environment.

+1 314-329-7201

support@openstudionetwork.com

3547 Olive St.

Live Chat, Email
"Great and comprehensive content, just some problems with the player on iPad (sometimes playback freezes, I have to reload the page)"
"Very useful materials"
"I am very tankful you are here"
"It’s a good program. Well presented and explained."
"A lot of great material for learners like me."
"im still working"
"Very well done. Merging artistry with technology."
"I didn't find the downloads unassisted by text about what they were was disappointing. I fear I lost interest."
"I'm still in the early phases of the "lifetime" lesson I purchased (Hutchology) but thus far am satisfied, a lot of very good information and tips in bite-sized pieces."
"Utilisation systématique de « living notation «  sans pour autant perdre le travail à l’oreille sans écriture ni lecture. Améliorer la page d’accueil à fin de mieux comprendre les choix possibles pour organiser le travail. Par exemple cette année où j’étais très malade et n’avait pas de temps ni de patience , la petite demi-heure que j’ avais de temps en temps pour profiter de tout ce que vous proposez , s’est transformé en recherche parce que je ne savais pas comment trouver que les morceaux qui m’ excite en » living notation « bref ....... je trouve que ce que vous proposez est déjà très bien; si vous pouvez l’améliorer au niveau d’un handicapé qui n’ a pas beaucoup de patience cela ne sera que bénéfique pour les autres et pour open studio."
"The lessons in Elements of Jazz are very straight-forward and really gives you the foundation to build your jazz piano skills."
"I purchased an open studio pass primarily to take Geoffrey Keezer's "Keez to Jazz Piano" class, but I have found other valuable content on the website such as classes from other instructors and the "2 minute" classes on the Open Studio blog. Considering what I pay for weekly lessons, the Open Studio concept is a bargain. I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 for two reasons. (1) It wasn't clear to me that the content in the class book doesn't contain the transcriptions of the video class instruction. And the book contains content not in the PDFs from the videos. So I learned that I needed to buy a book and download the PDFs from each class if I wanted to review both types of content. Also, Geoffrey Keezer's class (in my view) really isn't for "all levels." I've gone through about 8 of the lessons from his class and haven't found anything that I would consider "beginner content" from my perspective of being an intermediate level student. Having said that, I give Open Studio very high marks for the clarity of the content and instruction, for the quality of the videos, and for the wide variety of topics available. The course content which I've learned in the 2 weeks I've been taking lessons have really opened my eyes and solidified my understanding of concepts, while also showing how to play things that I could hear but could not figure out how to replicate."
"I am a guitar player and was hoping for some more advanced guitar videos. That being said, the piano section is awesome and I think can be related to different instruments. I think I got more out of that than the guitar portions so far. Would be great to see some guitarist like Lage Lund, Adam Rogers do a couple of videos on how they use different patterns in their lines, accents etc."
"The book I purchased is interesting. Perhaps it would be even more if the explanations were a little wider."
"I like the materials given by the instructors and also the views of the layouts."
"Great teaching, great learnin, great fun"
"everything is fine only that the living notation functions do not work well I can not loop or lower the time"
"Really like it!"
"You're the best there is. I Love the voicing lessons. I would really dig if you disected scales into patterns/cells/grouping like you do on stage. Every scale tutorial on the web is up and down. how about sme displacements, accents and some movement. You gonna pioner on that and make scale practice awesme, Peace meistro!:)"
Open Studio is rated 4.69 based on 246 reviews