Prep Expert Reviews

Read Prep Expert Reviews

(877) 345-7737

support@prepexpert.com

Tell us how Prep Expert made you happy
Hi, my teacher was Olivia Owens. She was very very nice and I loved her jokes and her personality. She genuinely tried to help everyone and always answered questions. The practice tests and homework tests were useful, but the majority of the class was a waste of time. I don't know if my parents should've spend a whole lot of money on this course, when there are cheaper, maybe better ones out there. The whole reason they spent that much money on the course is because it was supposed to be more than helpful. Wouldn't recommend.
Hi! Thank you for choosing Prep Expert and for your feedback about the course. I'm happy you felt the instructor was helpful! We are always looking for ways to improve our courses. When you get a moment, can you send us an email at support@prepexpert.com and expand on your review?

Again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to hearing more about your experience with Prep Expert!
I loved how we could ask questions and get feedback, but i do think we wasted time talking between breaks on unrelated topics
Very harsh service and not lenient at all. They ignore the comments when a student is genuinely confused.
Thank you for your feedback and I'm sorry you were ignored when you had questions. We work really hard with our instructors to address as many questions as they can during the 3 hour class. I would like to hear more about your experience in class and your thoughts on how we can help our instructors answer every question. Please send me an email at support@prepexpert.com or give us a call at 877.345.7737 and press 2 when prompted.

I look forward to discussing this with you and I'm very excited to hear your thoughts on how we can improve!
Hi! The course was really bad. My teacher was Clay, he was very sweet but he would never answer questions he would always say I told you that earlier there is nothing wrong in answering a question twice. And this course didn't help my score in any way. I did all my essays but since I was having bad wifi connection one day, I couldn't submit one of the essays of the test and now they are saying I am out of the guarantee. How is that fair? An organization should understand a customer but they clearly don't. I mean the customer service people were very nice but they just don't understand me.
My ACT class, taught by Ben Smith, helped me improve my ACT score by a few points. The course helps you by giving you multiple practice tests and strategies. However, I do wish the videos explaining the problems were included along with the package for us to view anytime.
1,390 (timed practice test) before. 1,570 actual SAT after. 'Nuff said.
The class and materials were great with a lot of helpful tips and practice strategies. Daniel Lee was also a great teacher, very engaging and encouraging.
Prep Expert is a fine SAT studying tool. I will not deny that it works well and has the right tools you need to succeed on the SAT. However, the workload is slightly excessive (although I do know more practice helps) and the essays should be optional considering for the SAT the essay is optional (regarding the cash back guarantee), and I am taking the one without the essay. But it is overall a good course and I learned a lot from it. Daniel Lee, my teacher, was good at the skills and tricks and taught very well. The only problem I had was that his voice was a bit monotonous and made the course seem boring, but it was bearable.
All in all my Prep Expert class with Daniel Lee was great! I learned a lot and the class was engaging, but sometimes we didn't have enough time to go over the correct way to solve problems that I found troubling. Price is pretty expensive, and you should know before taking a prep expert course that this is a VERY intensive course so make sure you're willing to make this commitment. But this course has been helpful for prepping in 6 weeks :)
This course was very rigorous. It was a lot of work, and my score approved a little. For the most part, Daniel was nice but sometimes he made me feel dumb for asking a question. Overall, I would do this course again.
Daniel was amazing and made the lessons both fun and super helpful. It's no easy class but it is worth it if it helps raise your score. The acronyms and words to remember made memorizing and studying a lot easier. You have to be ready to put in the time though.
The course itself is great! With the amount of work you do it is bound to raise your score! However, Daniel Lee isn't very encouraging with his students. I felt as though when I would get something wrong I was made to feel unintelligent, which hindered me from wanting to ask questions in the future. It would be nice if he came from a more encouraging place with his critiques because otherwise it is making the student feel uncomfortable.
My instructor was Clay Cooper, he made the class fun and provided us with many tips and extra help. I felt like we did get side tracked a lot and did not go over things that I needed personally, my score didn't increase that much either... yet there was a lot of work for this course. However, I did learn how to improve on some things, and felt motivated!
Clay was my instructor. Very knowledgeable about the test and how good scores are achieved. Funny and entertaining. Only thing I would say is to go over some of the problems more slowly and write out every single step. Overall, GREAT COURSE! and WORTH EVERY PENNY!
My instructor was Clay. I learned a lot conceptually. He was a great teacher. I wish he just did more practice in class and do practice that would help master the concepts learned in class.
I had Clay Cooper as my instructor. He definitely made every session/class entertaining in its fullest extent, and broke down the harder SAT concepts that I previously struggled before into a very simple and understandable fashion. The three hours went by really fast. I highly recommend this course, and please please give Clay Cooper a raise XD
UPDATE:
While my daughter did complete the work and did not improve her SAT test scores and the initial support I received was less than stellar; Prep Expert did reach back out to me and took some steps to offer an olive branch of sorts in order to give my daughter another avenue to possibly improve her next SAT test score. I have modified my rating from 1 star to 3 stars.

Original Review:
My daughter took the 6 week SAT Prep course and actually did worse on her SAT after the course than she did before. When asked how much time outside of the actual live classes this would involve we were told 1 hour or a little more. In order to complete the required work on-time she spent hours and hours between each class. She spent so much time on this course that it ended up affecting her actual school grades. About half of the course time was spent on the essay.

After we jumped through all of the hoops to get the refund based on the 200 point guarantee, they initially said 12 assignments were late or not turned in. A couple of days were spent emailing support proving to them this was not the case, they found she was a couple of hours late for 2 assignments and 2 others were a day late. I am sure these 4 late minimally assignments drastically affected my daughters SAT score (sarcasm). Seems like Prep Expert's approach to NOT giving the 200 point guarantee refund is to overwhelm parents with so many false failures on their child's part that parents give up and let it go.
The material really is good, and the strategies do help A LOT. Why 3 stars then? Well, there are 2 reasons. Number 1, the essay grading system was broken. In a regular ACT you are scored on 4 different categories, but for some reason my peers and I all had the issue of getting only 3 categories graded. My instructor informed us that she had reported the issue, but I can't say that its fixed. Second, the work load. Prepare to be overwhelmed with tests to take. They do give us a week to do the homework, but if your a really busy Junior like me, then you will find it absolutely insane. Otherwise, if you can look beyond these 2 complaints, then I fully recommend the program. The strategies are good, they work, and they are informative.
They used the wrong rubric to score the essays. One of the main reasons I took the course was to improve my essay, so this whole part was useless. I told them early on about this but they never fixed it. I ended up having my English teacher score my essays using the right scoring guide. I feel like a lot of this course was just copy and pasted from the SAT course and there weren't different strategies specific to the ACT. Olivia was nice, but she kind of just read off the slides instead of talking to us.
The instructor Olivia Owens was fun and very helpful and put in the time to check on questions the students had, but the website for uploading essays was difficult to upload and get our scores back.
Prep Expert is rated 4.66 based on 2,857 reviews