surprice car rental Reviews

of reviewers recommend surprice car rental

Tell us how surprice car rental made you happy
surprice car rental 1 star review on 28th April 2022
surprice car rental 1 star review on 19th July 2021
Lucky To Be Alive
surprice car rental 1 star review on 25th September 2020
Alex D
CRIMINOSOS, deram-nos um carro sem travões, quase tivemos um acidente. Não prestaram assistência, pois fiz 17 chamadas sem sucesso. E não devolveram o valor da caução. Fiz queixa na PSP e já tinham lá várias da mesma companhia. FUJAM DELES.
BURLOES! é o nome aplicado a sucursal da Madeira! Ja apresentei queixa na PSP e na DECO! Deram-me um carro sem travoes, ia tendo um acidente e nao me devolveram o valor do deposito!!!!!
Had a horrible holiday - spirit - destructive experience when renting a car at your Lisbon Office when traveling with wife and two children. 1. No meet and greet at airport. We were 25 minutes late and did expect this. Nobody to let us know to take shuttle bus and no one to answer phone when calling Surprice office. Found help from competing rental company. 2. Debit card not accepted??? Yes, this is stated at page 5 in the "voucher" (this is not a voucher, but a liability policy to cheat customers), but that policy is completely unacceptable! Portugal is a EU country and even part of the monetary union. How can you not accept debit cards??? 3. When returning the car no delivery address on "voucher". It only stated "Lisbon Airport". Almost missed our flight because we had a hazzle finding the drop off site. This "no - debit - card - policy" MUST be stated before renting at your website as many Scandinavian or German citizens do not own a credit card!!! As it is, the policy only forces customers to PAY FULL coverage of excess insurance (€ 30 per day) , and should therefore be considered serious misguidance of customers only to add profit to the company Do NOT rent car from Surprice!!
fraude le prix pas cher via easyjet finalement j'ai pas eu la voiture chez Surprice à Naples aucun remboursement et ils ont prélevé 280 euro pour 7 jours alors qu'il avait dit me rembourser ils se renvoient la balle avec le broker Cartrawler qui m'a envoyer des mails à coté de la plaque....j'avais mis 1200 euro sur une carte prepay + fait une assurance complet TSM et AXA en + des 280 euro hélas si j'avais lu les mauvais commentaire avant j'aurais pas réservé faut les signaler à easyjet
Horrible experience! 1 hour and 10 min waiting in line. Staff EXTREMELY RUDE and UNFRIENDLY. They treated us like we are stupid, when mixing English and Portuguese words and did not respond to me when I spoke Brazilian Portuguese. Company is very shady. Full of little extra things to pay and very poor explanation for everything. Just assuming we should know things. I WISH I COULD GIVE 0 STARS Se for brasileiro NÃO ALUGUE CARRO COM ESSA AGÊNCIA! Fui tratada como lixo!
Terrible experience on return. They take money from your VISA without any reason, without explanation and without notice. Apparently we had passed automatic toll gates on the way from faro to lagos, those tolls are registered on a small windowbox in the car. Checked, toll from Faro to Lagos is 6.60 €. Surprise Car Rental charges 180 € for this toll. Nice profit margins though. So they just take that from your VISA. And that is all possible. You will not see proper explanations and official evidence, so a hopeless story. For us the first and last time!
Every review on this page is honest. DO NOT RENT WITH THEM even though the price may be hundreds of pounds cheaper, it's not worth the time waste, hassle and damages you will have to pay at the end. Just don't book with this fraudulent company EVER.
They don't understand what are Debit-Credit cards and denied car rental to me because they only accept Credit Cards. At the same time, banks give out Debit-Credit cards that allow the deposit to be blocked off the same way as it works on Credit Cards. Didn't offer any other solution for rental. I end up going across the street to the next car rental and oh wow, they accept credit cards only as well but my card works there. Ended up with better customer service and after reading other reviews, I'm glad they denied it.
Do not rent from this company. They will entice you with lower than average rates but it is a ploy. There were many shady things about this company but the one that cost additional money was when I returned the car to London Heathrow after a few days. The car was in immaculate condition by any normal standard. But the manager I returned the car to found completely absurd "damages" such as a scuff on the bottom of the bumper to try to charge me hundreds of dollars more. When I disputed this he had his boss come look. His boss didn't pick up on any of the "damages" the other guy pointed out but instead picked entirely different ones to justify charging me. It was all arbitrary and a scam. Things no one would have ever picked up on or noted in the pre-pick up inspection. After some haggling they settled on a $200 additional charge, which conveniently is what they would have made had I paid for the additional insurance to begin with, which would have defeated the purpose of going with them in the first place for any savings. Additionally, they were incredibly unprofessional. When one of the employees tried to argue reasonableness with me I said I didn't want to take it up with him and his response was we could "take it outside". So between them having $2,000 of my money on deposit and threats of violence there was nothing I could do but pay them off to get my deposit back and leave. They have the perfect set up to fleece their customers one way or another. On the shuttle to the terminal one of their employees fully admitted they make money by shaking down their customers in creative ways. If only I had recorded that.....
I made the SurPrice Car Rental reservation online, weeks before traveling to a foreign country. When we arrived at the airport, I searched but the SurPrice Car Rental counter was not to be found at the airport. There were several of its competitors there though. I didn't know what to do. I did find a phone number on the reservation printout that I had. I proceeded to buy a SIM card for my phone and installed it. I called the SurPrice phone number and found out that they were not located at the airport as described. They told me that they would drive the car over to the airport as soon as one came in. That was a surprise since I already had a paid reservation! I asked how long it would be and the response was one hour and that they would call me. Well, so we waited an hour at the airport without getting a call. I proceeded to call SurPrice and nobody answered. I called a few more times without getting an answer. I patiently waited a few more minutes and called again. Finally someone answered and was told that no car had come in and that I would have to wait another hour or two. I explained that I had made the reservation and that the car should be there. The response was that they didn’t have a car for me. We waited another hour or two and still did not get a call from SurPrice. So, I called again. The same response was given, to continue waiting at the airport another hour or two. At this point I told the person that we needed to get to our hotel and asked to have the car brought to the hotel. I asked to be reimbursed for the taxi and they agreed. We then took a taxi to the hotel and checked in. After a couple more hours I called SurPrice. Again I was told that I would have to wait another hour or two. I tried contacting Travelocity to break the agreement and get my money back, hoping to deal with another car rental company. All they had online was a virtual chat capability that was useless. Now it is eight hours after the car was supposed to be picked up. I called SurPrice again and was told that a car will be driven to the hotel in two hours. I waited another two hours and went to the hotel lobby. After waiting another half hour in the hotel lobby, the car still had not arrived. By this time I was furious. I called SurPrice and was told that they were stuck in traffic with the car and it would be another ten minutes. So, I waited another ten minutes and more. After another hour I called again asking when the car will arrive. I was told that it would be another ten minutes. Why do I keep getting the same response from them? It was almost twelve hours after my car reservation was supposed to be available that a car was finally brought to me. The stress and aggravation from this company was terrible, especially when being in a foreign country. Even when the car was finally delivered there was no apology given. I was not given the money for the taxi even though I gave them the receipt as was asked.
It is the worst rental company i have ever used. They are thieves, liars, and rude. The central station is not at the airport and has not a shuttle service, which will take you walking with your suitcases 20 minutes on the highway. They charge you for using credit cards with the characteristics they want (valid with any other company). They charged us 100 euros for a 1 cm scratch on the wheel rim. They are SCAMMERS.
surprice car rental 1 star review on 8th August 2021
Run away, run away, run away, run away. Just run away. Anyone will be better than this shower of silly sausages. If there was a option for -stars, we would be there. Car was lovely, but the first one with the engine problem was not. but the upgrade car was good... albeit a german registered car being rented in Italy... which is illegal... yes? Maybe? How about the email 4 days after I email requesting an extension to the booking... RUN AWAY.
Poor after service
Dear, I like to report how we as customers have been treated in the airport of Sofia in Bulgaria. I reservated a car online for a fixed price of around €140. At the pickup the guy at the desk tried to charge me €300, having my creditcard and paymentterminal allready ready. At home I printed our documents and showed him the real price. After the payement he wanted me to go and wait a bit farter on a bench while still keeping my creditcard in his possesion, offcourse i refused and asked for my creditcard... After getting the creditcard back he told me the car would be there within 10min, after waiting a half hour we asked of the car was almost there and he told us they still needed to clean the car, waiting some more, after 1 hour his explanation was that because we were 1 hour later, we arrived at 11am instead at 10am, he rented our car out to other customers and the new car still needed to go to the technical inspection. We waited there 3 hours!! And still no car... i saw his colleagues laughing with us and when i looked to them they hided. I then cancelled everything because they were just playing with us because I refused to pay the double of what was agreed online and they was going to make us wait all day. My wife, 2 children and I waited for 3 hours and had to search for another car now. He made me sign a document for cancelling with tje reason that I did not accept the car that they offered to us, probably trying to get a canceling fee from me, I noted on this doc that the car was not there and signed. Not convenient for him offcourse. After he saw that we rented a car at another company he came back to me with the same document but with the following reason: that I was more than 2 hours late or never even arrived at the pick up. You have to sign this to get you money back he again lied to me. Offcourse i refused and walked away. They tried to steal from us, lied to us, made a family with 2 children wait for 3 hours on a bench just because their scheme didn’t workout as they had planned. This is scandalous, I have never been treated like this as a customer. They should replace these persons because they make the company look bad and not trustable. I will never rent a car there again!
Kidknapped by surprice £30,000 they take from card!!!! gangsters still operating Sofia airport AVOID how they allowed to operate???
surprice car rental 1 star review on 19th July 2021
Surprice car rental Belgrade airport, Serbia. I have been charged whole blocked amount (650 Euro) for very tiny scratch on the bumper. There were two guys 1. Velkjo 2. Drago Banduka (THEY ARE NOT GOOD IN ENGLISH). While picking up the car they were very nice and helpful but while returning they were totally different and make you to do the things hurry. I have asked to park the car in front of the departure entrance while returning so that they don't give you enough time to review the damages and make you hurry to wait in the office. At the office the guy Drago told me to give the credit card I have to charge the damage cost from your blocked amount, I asked how much you are going to charge? He said the total amount (650 Euro) I was shocked and asked why this much for the tiny scratch? He said this amount can be refunded by your online car rental booking company (DiscoverCars). I said I don't have any full coverage policy purchased but he said there is an insurance comes by default on your voucher so you can claim it easily by emailing them all the docs and provided me the invoice, rental contract and all. I was in a hurry too to complete my RT-PCR test also I don't have much time decide and airport was very busy during that time so I left their office and I didn't argue with them. But later when i asked Discover Cars they said you can't claim anything unless you have full coverage purchased. I WAS CHEATED. Please stay away from these guys.
It is a scam! Never use this company.
Prenotazione auto per Malta. Arrivato al desk ci hanno messo un'ora a dare auto, perché non accettavano importo pattuito con discover car. Dopo aver tentato di truffarci più volte, dicendo che l'importo di discover era al giorno e non totale. Inoltre nella prenotazione c'era scritto pieno per pieno. Invece la macchina era a metà serbatoio e ci chiedono di restituirla vuota. Cosa peraltro impossibile. Ma la fregatura è un'altra. Restituendo la.macchina ci accorgiamo che ha un piccolo graffietto su uno specchietto (3 cm). Nel l'ispezione finale durata oltre 30 minuti non si accorgono del graffio. Noi avvisiamo per correttezza, dicendo che però probabilmente esisteva già prima. Naturalmente ci contestano il tutto dicendo che dovevamo accorgercene prima noi alla consegna (noi in 5 minuti e lui in 30 minuti non se n'è accorto). Abbiamo il volo che parte ed una polizza kasko quindi firmiamo il verbale. Arriva il responso, per un graffietto di 3 cm, 415 euro. 211 per il danno, 80 per mancato utilizzo e 55. Tutto più Iva. Truffatori prima e dopo.
I have in Skopje Airprot booked, and car was OK. All workers was frendly. And with deposit was everything OK. I would like anotherthime also by SurPrice car book. Ich habe ein Auto bei der Flughafen Skopje gebückt. Ich bin zufrieden mit Agency, mitarbeiter wären freundlich und erreichbar per Handy. Prise war 70 EUR per 10 Tage. Ich würde gerne wieder die wählen.
Shocking service from start to finish. Avoid
surprice car rental is rated 1.19 based on 112 reviews