UberEATS Reviews

6% of reviewers recommend UberEATS
11AM
11AM

Tell us how UberEATS made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
Telephone, Email, Live Chat
Under an hour
customer service
Returns & Refunds
Difficult
refunds process
"I just had a horrific experience with Uber Eats. I cancelled an order for a restaurant in the wrong city 57 seconds after I placed it, realizing this once the map and delivery address popped up. Even though I cancelled the order within 57 seconds I was still charged full price for the order. I immediately contacted customer support was placed with an agent and spoke to them to get resolution but was given a scripted answer and no refund. I asked several times to speak with a supervisor, was repeatedly told they don't have one or they aren't available and it wasn't until I insisted that I would happily wait to speak to someone that they put someone on the line. I spoke with the supervisor but they were not able to provide a refund or credit and were unable to give me a reason as to why UberEats was stealing $78.17 from me when I clearly cancelled the order within 57 seconds and no food could have possibly been made by the restaurant within that time."
Are you UberEATS? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Terrible service. First time order did not turn up so was able to reorder free of charge naturally. 2nd time came cold. But as they reordered first time they refused to do anything about. Despite raising 8 times. End of the day I didn't get to eat what I ordered yet I paid. How is thus fair? Yet uber eats customer service refuse to do anything. Boycott. Avoid."
"my food never got here and no refund nor nothing"
"Worst service ever!! Two orders cancelled 3 minutes before arriving!!"
"Today I placed an order through Uber Eats. I ordered a bunch of healthy juices/ginger shots from a restaurant (I have the flu) and threw in a raw cake to my order. I received a notification that the restaurant had accepted my order and it was on it’s way. When it arrived, there was only the raw cake in the bag. I called the restaurant to ask about it, and was told that they were out of stock of everything else in my order and that I had only been charged delivery fee + for the cake. They said that Uber was supposed to have notified me of this, so that I could have the option to change or cancel my order. This was NOT the case, I received no such notification. If I had, I would have cancelled my order. I would not have paid a delivery fee to get one small piece of raw cake delivered. I complained to Uber and was told that I can’t get any money back, sorry for my bad experience. I told them that this is not the point - either the restaurant is misinformed about how Uber Eats works, or the Uber Eats system is not working, because I did not get notified about my changed order when I was supposed to, according to the restaurant. Uber told me that they will not be looking further into the matter “unfortunately”. Without giving me any explanation or solution. This is completely unacceptable custoner service."
"UberEats London probably the worse company I have ever dealt with and should be closed down due to a lack of service and ripping people off. I would question whether its service is to deliver correct, good quality takeaway food to its customers, or to intentionally deliver only a proportion of the food items so that it can make a larger profit. I've never dealt with such imcompetent UberEats customer service who have a basic lack of communication or listening skills, even when they know they are at fault. My story is simple, but I would like to detail this as much as possible so other customers do not go through the same pain and frustration that I have. Please use other takeaway delivery services like Deliveroo and JustEat where the customer happiness and service is priority. I ordered Mcdonalds in London (branch Travellers Friends) through UberEats on 20th December, in the evening around 7pm. This was a large order as I had guests around. Issues started when I recieved the items 30 minutes later. First thing, I should've checked I recieved everything but it was a large order and difficult checking every item, especially as they came in huge bags. However after checking everything inside, we found number of items were missing, and the food that was delivered was cold. In particular all the deserts and all the drinks for every meal was missing! I tried contacting the driver and UberEats, but as some of you may experience with UberEats, its impossible to get hold of them, they have no contact number and the apps service is slow and poor, with no one to actually speak to, to remedy the situation immediately. I knew after a few minutes that I was not going to get the stuff missing or sort the cold food out any time soon. I left a note with the driver via the app, advising items were missing, but no response. I also via the app, went through its steps in raising a ticket, advising food was cold and items were missing - no immediate response to rectify this. We also requested sauces, napkins and straws, none of this was also delivered. I ended up spending alot of money with missing and cold food! Worse of my guests ended up with cold food and missing items! To my annoyance and frustration, I got an app response back (hours later) saying that I had been refunded £2.61 for my troubles. Now anyone that has been to mcdonalds knows truly well that is a joke of a refund given the circumstances. Even though on theUberEats messaging app I tried to explain that this was unacceptable and to actually read what had happened (missing and cold food), and asked them numerous times to either provide a contact number to call, or call me directly so we can rectify the situation, they ignored everything! Each time same response and ignoring everything I asked (contact number, how they came to £2.61, can I speak to the manager). No adequate response or/and compensation has been provided, no one from UberEats has been in touch, and I have just been literally ignored and ticket has been closed. I have written this review as I do not want others to fall in the trap of ubereats with the lack of service they provide - you will be ripped off. Unfortunately I can not give a 0 rating so I have given a 1. Stay away from UberEats!!"
"Introductory period, everything was great. As soon as the booking fees increased, the service was lousy. Why would you wait to book a driver for over 30 minutes? If no driver is booked right away, you should just cancel or give a later arrival time so food arrives in some form of warm state!"
"Worst ever. Don't even deliver food and charge you anyway"
"Ive ordered from uber eats three types each time my orders have been wrong and they promised to refund the items missing but never did. My last order was missing a damn patty from the burger. I refuse to use uber eats ever again, door dash is better."
"Twice in a row completely wrong orders, Uber refuses to refund or credit for the problems. Worst customer service, had to resort to disputing the most recent charge ($60 worth of food delivered cold 45 minutes late)."
"I received a $200 gift card from my employer. I made my account and added the gift card. Was told to also add valid payment type, so I added my credit card. I still could not order any food, was told several times that my payment type was invalid. I had changed my cards several times, after the customer service folks told me to, and have not been able to talk to anyone who I can understand. I have have called, emailed, and tweeted, and still have had no luck. I attempted today to try again, and found that my account was disabled. I have lost my $200, my mind, and I would NEVER recommend UBER to anyone. It is awful!! SCAM!!!!"
"UBEREATS ARE THIEVES!!!!! I mistakenly forgot to change the address for my delivery. I canceled the order within two seconds, and I was still charged. I contacted customer service and was told my order was already prepared. HOW can an order be prepared in 2 seconds???? I called the restaurant and they confirmed the order was NEVER MADE!!!! UBEREATS ARE LIARS. I called back and was told there's nothing they can do about it. $55 they kept from me that's insane, the food was never made. I will never use this app again."
"Delivered my food an hour late and to the wrong address, they tried to tell me it was my fault. Ultimately they refunded my money but only after some push back. First and last time I used them. Wish I Checked the reviews first because everyone seems to have had a poor experience. Used deliveroo after this and it was no hassle."
"Shits garbage"
"I used UberEATS once and had such a negative experience with the driver and customer service that the ap is off my phone. Only half my order was delivered and it was ordered later than I was told. The resturant (which was great!) had called the driver right after he left to ask him to come back and get the rest of my order but he never went back. I paid $5.99 delivery and gave the driver a $5 tip for a $13 dollar part of the meal I got. He told me he would get me a refund, but never did. When I called customer service the horrible service continued. They did refund the food I didn't get but refused to give me half or refund the delivery fee since I wouldn't have paid $6 and a $5 tip to get a $13 meal. I spoke with a representative and then the manager who wouldn't budge and clearly would rather lose a customer and rather have me tell friends, family and people on the internet about their horrible customer service, than to realize my bad experience and be willing to refund me the delivery fee...they won't be around for long with service like this...There are so many other great food aps I have on my phone who give great service. Avoid UberEATS."
"Canceled my account with no explanation. When I asked why they emailed back stating they didn't understand what I was saying. Horrible business practice..."
"I am a Uber Eats driver. I have done over 800 deliveries for Uber Eats with a 5 star rating which I have maintained for the 4 months that I have been with them. It is now Christmas time and I have not gotten any delivery request at all. I sit in the parking lot of one restaurant that I always deliver for and see other drivers walk in to pick up deliveries but I get none no matter where I go. I have contacted Uber many times and no one can seem to help which is TERRIBLE!!!!! I promise you I’m about to go to Grubhub for I hear they are great concerning their drivers. Uber you have really disappointed me and I would NOT refer anybody to be a driver for ubereats just Uber period"
"The Nightmare of Uber Eat Drivers I would rate minus stars for Uber eat if there is one available. I can't believe a famous and big food delivery website like Uber, has hire and pay for such a careless, unprofessional and unthoughtful driver. The food got delivery to me in the worst condition (dropped the bag, the bag broken, the food fell on the floor) 3 times in the same month. I appreciate everyone's work so please respect the customers who pay for the food. The money that the customers have to work hard to earn and spend on the food, wait for it to come as well as the effort of chef from the restaurant to make the food. The money get pay fair so the quality when the food gets delivery should be a in good quality and great condition so everyone can be happy and money worth."
"UberEats is a great app. One suggestion I wanted to make is the fact of giving the food to the right people. In many occasions my food was given to the wrong person. An idea that comes in mind that UberEats can implement, is asking for an ID to confirm the name in the order with the person, and that way avoid giving orders to the wrong person."
"Beware, even if your order is massively delayed, they won't tell you and you can't cancel! This happened with two orders. Don't believe the initial delivery time estimate they give you. And if it increases, they won't notify you either. When it's 30 mins over the time and it still hasn't arrived and you call up, they refuse to cancel the order. And if you complain afterwards, they send a template canned sorry message, and don't compensate or refund. Better use another delivery service."
UberEATS is rated 1.28 based on 169 reviews