The Co-operative Insurance Reviews

of reviewers recommend The Co-operative Insurance
Telephone, Email, Live Chat
Over A Week

Tell us how The Co-operative Insurance made you happy
Since being with the co-op insurance I have had nothing but the best when I phone each month to pay my car insurance everyone as been polite and very professional in there manner and I would reccomend them to my friends.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
DO NOT USE. My car was hit whilst stationary and they disputed my claim and took me to court!!!!!! Fraudulent company please don't make the same mistake we did. Use another company please!
My car was written off after the floods in Yorkshire last year. Co-op Eco Insurance paid out on the claim no problem, and everything was handled very well. However...

Co-op eco insurance only has ONE underwriter, and they decided they wouldn't insure my new car. I was forced to take out another policy with a good insurer, and when I called to cancel the policy, I was told that because no-one else was involved, the floods were my fault! (I also control the wind, fire, and other natural elements).

As river's overflowing were MY fault and they paid out, they are now forcing me to pay the remaining time left on the policy. They were happy to move the policy to another car they would insure, but because they wouldn't insure my new car, they're making me pay.

I would highly recommend them when things are going good, but we all buy car insurance for the times when things are going bad - that's where they are pathetic.

Do not put yourself through it because a meerkat told you too. Co-op Eco Insurance will cost you. Not recommended at all, and very disappointed.
Best I have ever had no worries no problems
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
Can't complain in any way here, had no problems at all getting this policy, the cheapest quote from all the other online quotes I received.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
All I can say is when a car went into the back of us in Oct.2019 you helped us all the way staff so helpful and friendly thank you
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
This insurance provides all I need as a pensioner living on a pension.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
Poor customer services with frequent changes of quotations for the same car with same cover, difficult to communicate with at least a couple of staff . Very much disappointed.
Best insurance l have ever had, quick courtesy car and fantastic service.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
Great value. Easy monthly payments also been good communication and highly recommended
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
This company would only provide you with 9 years NCP proof despite you have more than 9 years. If you have a lot of years NCP, they will change it back to 9 years once you have done with them. I don’t know what to say, they said it’s simply down to their policies, most bizarre things I ever heard. Insurers will invalidate your policies if there is a tiny piece of inaccurate information you provided to them but in terms of NCP, it’s OK for them to round down from 20 years to 9 years? It’s a joke.
Not had a problem, great insurance provider.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
This company insured me then uninsured me . the to add insult to injury told me that they would not insure me anyway. presumably because of my age. A very unhappy experience and I will never use this company again
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
Been with coop a long time fed up with them because can’t pay a. Bigger deposit so instalment are less and I have over 20 years no claims and insurance goes up instead of down and I am over 50 years old and they don’t send you your documents unless u pay for them and I have a clean license with no points very disappointed
Excellent service
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
I'm insured with coop car insurance thay have always been helpful ,understood how my disability effects me,customer services always been polite and helpful ,I'll be staying with coop car insurance and would highly recommend
Upto now they have been fine, let’s see what it’s like after the first year, hopefully stay with them
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
We have been with the co op for roughly 5/6 years,just after Christmas I had an accident which I accepted was my fault,we received a letter today saying they will no longer let us insure our car with them,we are disgusted by this & wondering if it's ethical.Never had an accident before.I wouldn't recommend the co op.
Rubbish - had an accident on Friday, you can’t contact them until Monday! No good if you have a job and need a courtesy car!
Good company but I Ave got too get in touch cos they aventurine set up direct debit properly and taking money out early but overall I'm very happy with the service provider
The Co-operative Insurance is rated 3.58 based on 628 reviews