Ikea Reviews

19% of reviewers recommend Ikea
Telephone, Live Chat

How would you rate Ikea ?

Barbara Richards
Unverified Reviewer
"Although I LOVE the fact that they now have online ordering and that you can't beat their prices anywhere, it just takes forever to get what you've ordered. I ordered a simple frame and it will take almost two weeks to be delivered. Delivery was more than the frame so you would think that was an expedited charge. There is no way that it costs IKEA $10 to ship a frame that weighs just a pound, if that. The only reason I ordered it was because they are the only place that offers an 11x20, which is an odd shape. I miss living close to an IKEA but I will be near one when I go to Orlando around Labor Day. I hope IKEA monitors these complaints because they are very informative from a customer's standpoint. Speed up shipping IKEA! Two weeks for a frame. Seriously?"
"Would be zero stars but no option for that. Ordered kitchen in April, still not finished. Bad workmanship when installed. Have taken payments out of bank despite job not completed. No customer service all they do is blame the people who are paying thousands of pounds for kitchens. Delivered our kitchen and sofa dumped sofa, range cooker in garden. Range damaged then advised discontinued. All doors and drawers misaligned. Two attempts by so called subcontracted joiners. Horrendously stressful. Offered 100 compensation after me and partner have taken numerous days off work, husband had to pay for taxi to get home from work when installer out drill through water pipe in wall flooding our kitchen and making huge hole in wall. They ordered wrong stuff despite being shown illustration in their own catalogue and again apparently our fault. Be warned go nowhere near them. Job was started in April we were advised it would take 7 days. Still not completed and kitchen only 10 square metres. Cost in excess of £6000 and £400 for apparent supplementary works. IKEA just blame their customers. 5 year workmanship guarantee not worth paper written on because workmanship in our case dire from the beginning."
"Terrible customer service! Over an hour wait to speak to a representative. The delivery company(ies) they subcontract is(are) the worst, at least here in Miami. No time window for deliveries, broken items, again over an hour to talk to someone. Horrible experience."
"The quality of the furniture is good, the price is good, but the delivery sucks ! about two weeks ago I ordered for 2300$ of furniture and it was suppose to be delivered on the 13th, on the 13th only HALF of my sectional was delivered. My two queen beds, my table, and the few others things were not here. They told me it will be delivered on the 31th ! and that's really bad timing for me. If I had knew, I would have ordered somewhere else. I use to shop at IKEA in Switzerland but they just lost a customer. I will not shop there again."
James L Steward
Unverified Reviewer
"Do yourself a favor. BEFORE you spend any money with this circus. All their Customer Service. You will be put on hold for over an Hour. I promise your issue will not be addressed. It took me 11 phone call and over 7 hours waiting on hold to get my problem fixed. NEVER, NEVER will I spend 1 cent with this DYSFUNCTIONAL company."
"I ordered a wardrobe from ikea on July 2 and it was scheduled for delivery on July 12. The truck showed up on time however out of 3 boxes I only recieved on and after 45 minutes waiting to talk to ikea I was promised they would do rush shipping. Its now the 15 and Ihaven't even gotten tge conformation email saying its been shipped. Also getting ahold of customer service was no easy task seeing as the number on the website doesn't work. I will not be ordering from them again. I feel that if I am paying $59 for shipping I should recieve my order on time."
"Absolutely horrible customer service, literally inexcusable. Just like every other review listed here you wait weeks to get a correct delivery, but it never comes. You talk with multiple people but IKEA never has any contact with their carrier even though they make you believe they do. I highly suggest no one EVER order anything delivered to their house EVER. Either go to the store, or ask for in store pickup, if you ask to be delivered to, here is a hint, YOU WILL NOT GET IT."
"I'm not sure where to begin. I ordered a complete bedroom set for my daughter for our new home over 5 weeks ago. Thought having it delivered would be easier than traveling hours away to the store. When i call and actually get through, i wait over 30-45 minutes before speaking to a person. The delivery company Ikea uses hangs up on you & is a hot mess. I have been home waiting for this order for three Thursdays in a row! Yep, another Thursday with no furniture... i think it is time to cancel and speak out about what poor customer service Ikea has. i'd give them a negative number, but that wasn't an option. Very Dissatisfied! The delivery co wants to schedule for next Thursday... WTH? i'm not waiting around another week to have them say no one was home again; when we were here the whole time. Talk about lazy workers!!!"
"I bet you cant find worst customer service. 2 hours to pay and 1 and half hour on hold for one customer service"
"The closest IKEA store is 4 hours away but there were things I wanted to purchase for my classroom. I got on-line and while I found ordering a bit tricky (it kept saying my phone number & username/password were incorrect) I did finally figure out what the issue was, which was on IKEA's part. First I signed up for a member card then went to order. However, the cart takes you to their regular order page & gives u the option to fill in all the blanks including your member card; like normal online ordering. With a member card, they don't want u ordering on that regular form but will take u to a new page if you figure out how to do that (it's not automatic)...that's why I called it "tricky". Why not streamline this IKEA? Also, I wanted to order shelves but after finding out $150 in shelves was going to cost me over $100,000 in shipping (yeah you read that right! Not a typo)...I opted out of the shelves and ordered from another store with free shipping. BUTTTTTTTTTTTTT, with all that being said, once ordered, I received my items fast and the process was seamless! The items were well packaged and in perfect condition upon arrival. All parts were there and easy to put together. Thank you IKEA for great products and I will order again as long as I can afford your shipping! :)"
Barry S Morgenstern
Unverified Reviewer
"Since I shopped at their first American store in Woodbridge, VA the year it opened, I have always been a fan of IKEA. I have built three IKEA kitchens, spending tens of thousands of dollars. But their customer service is terrible. It is, in fact, the polar opposite of companies like Amazon. I received an online order of tableware that was poorly packaged and completely shattered. No way to get through to them on the phone because of too much volume (you know how to handle too much volume: get more customer service representatives — learn from Amazon). Can't submit anything via email because the form requires information that I don't have. There's not a lot of money involved — about $25 — so I'm going to stop driving myself crazy. But I'm not going to order from IKEA anymore. The same — IKEA branded — merchandise is available on Amazon (yes, it's more expensive, but for the extra dollars I get good shipping and excellent customer service). IKEA: you should be ashamed."
"Recently bought quite a lot of furniture online at IKEA. Overall this is the worst online experience I have ever had. Long delivery times, inflexible delivery dates and times, missing parts in the delivery. Worst of all when you finally get hold of someone on the telephone they are no help at all. I ended up having to spend half a day going to the nearest IKEA store myself to pick up the missing parts. Never, ever buy anything from IKEA online !"
Kimberly White8713.gmail.com
Unverified Reviewer
"They are horrible. Ikea took 849.00 from me June 16. Lost my furniture. I took day off. It never showed. They put me on hold for hours. Transferred me to person to person. Gave me a reorder. My furniture is lost again. Took my money. And Im sitting on the floir 3 weeks later. 2 missed delivery dates. All ikea says is sorry. Canton store is e2 minutes away. It is not simple. Ir is not easy. Tbey steal your money and don't deliver anything. Do not buy IKEA. HUGE MISTAKE!!!"
"I have been dealing with ikea for over 6 months about a damaged drawer after I purchased a dresser for my son I still haven't heard about where the drawer may be or when I will receive it other furniture company's will ship right to your house why cant ikea do the same"
"There online customer service is THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. I made an online order late May 2018 and when it got delivered in June some parts were missing and broken. I blame the delivery company for the broken parts, but when I go to call IKEA's online customer service, since this is the only way I can get taken care of since they don't have representatives in store for online orders. I have been calling them since June for multiple days. EVERY TIME THEY PUT ME ON HOLD FOR AT LEAST 2 HOURS. I tell them what happened and IKEA online customer service always tells me your items will get delivered yet THE ITEMS WERE NEVER DELIVERED. I have been waiting over a month for my broken and missing items to get delivered. Every time the delivery confirmation is missed I have to call again and they put me on 2 hour wait. I'm still waiting for my items to get delivered."
"I'm currently on hold with Ikea Charlotte Customer Service - the recording said the wait would be 2 minutes, but it's going on 25 minutes. I have to think the management doesn't staff the Customer Service Department appropriately to have such a long wait time. I'm amused with the question below (how did you communicate with the company) which gives Live Chat or Email as options - NOT options. Online ordering is NOT a good idea, folks."
"My experience with Ikea online order and customer service has been so unbelievably bad that I HAD to write a review somewhere to get out my anger and frustration. We placed our original order back in February for a Queen Songesand bedframe with two under-the-bed storage drawers. Everything went smoothly at first, the delivery company showed up on time and it arrived in a timely manner, the problem was that it was a Full, not a Queen and it did not include the drawers. Take two, we call customer service and ask for the bed to be switched out for a Queen and they schedule for it to be delivered. This is where things start going very wrong. It took 6, yes 6, attempts for the local delivery company to get us the new frame. From bs excuses to just not showing up at all, getting them to deliver the second frame was a nightmare and each time I called their customer service line, it took at lease half an hour for them to even find our order in the system. When they finally did get it delivered, we were told that we would have to schedule separate pick up for the Full frame.. which is the most absurd thing I've ever heard. It also took forever to get them to pick it up, but we're only halfway through the story so I'll move on. So we get the Queen frame and, of course, the storage drawers are missing. We call customer service again and are told that they have arranged for the drawers to be sent. Three weeks later and no drawers, so I call again and am told that the previous customer service person I spoke with set up the delivery incorrectly and was actually sending me another Full frame, not drawers. The new person says that she has set up delivery for the drawers and I should have them in 7-10 business days. Another three weeks later and still no drawers. I call yet again and am told this time that the reason I have not received the drawers is because they are on back order... I explain my many many frustrations and they agree to issue $50 in gift cards. Not exactly enough to cover the pain and suffering but I'll take it. At this point I decide to ask for a refund for the drawers and call it a day. I am told that I should see a refund within 7-10 business days. So here we are, it's been over a month since I was told that a refund will be issued. No refund and 3 more calls to customer service and I am beyond livid. I was told today that the refund has been issued to my account and that I should see it within 3 days. I've heard that story before but I guess we will see. At this point I believe my husband and I have been on hold and on the phone with customer service for well over a combined total of 8 hours. Needless to say, I with NEVER EVER order anything online for Ikea again. This has been the absolute worst retail/customer service experience of my life."
"This review is only addressing the experience after the shopping when something goes wrong. The IKEA Customer service is horrendes - from hours of waiting in the store for service for shipping help (like nobody cares after the merchandise was paid for) hours on the phone on hold to talk to a representative, contract assembly staff that try to avoid doing the assembly work and rush to their next delivery (declare something not feasible to assemble - leave and sure enough it is assembled 2 days later by someone I hired) to no followup and complaint case numbers that do not exist when a follow up call was generated by me."
"Much like others have written, Ikea's customer service is terrible. I'm not sure how a company this big doesn't have enough resources on hand to address the many problems that occur with their order and delivery process. After Ikea screwed up my order by forgetting to include the slipcovers for my couch and loveseat in the original delivery, I spent almost an hour on hold trying to reach someone to help rectify the situation. When I finally got through, I was told it would be another week before the slipcovers would be delivered which left me without functional furniture for a week. It's now been a week and not surprisingly the slipcovers have not been delivered and I have not received any sort of notification on the delivery status. And as seems to be the common occurrence, I can't even get through to a human on the customer service line. At this point, I'd be willing to sit on hold for another hour but I can't even get that far. Over the years we have purchased a ton of furniture from Ikea but with this recent occurrence, I think we've placed our last order."
"First of all, I have called the 1-888 number provided by Ikea on their website for the United States and nobody will pick up from customer service. I have given up after being on hold for 45+ minutes. The 2 times I did get thru to somebody in the kitchen planning, both representatives had attitudes which in return made me furious and I returned it right back to them!! They talk down to you! They can NEVER bring up a picture of an item so you can explain to them what you see online and will be possibly purchasing. I ended up purchasing base cabinets and didn't get the look I wanted but I'm 1750.00 into this project and there is no turning back. I'm definitely not ordering from IKEA again, due to the poor customer service I received each time I called. Plus, going to the store is not as easy as you think.......2hrs away! Goodbye IKEA! Keep it up, you will continue to lose customers little by little with these type of employees! You just lost one!"
Ikea is rated 1.86 based on 547 reviews