Ikea Reviews

18% of reviewers recommend Ikea
2PM
2PM

Tell us how Ikea made you happy

Over a month
Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Over a week
customer service
12 - 13 hours
Avg Email Response Time
"Mixed review, firstly top quality service at Exeter, UK store from sales person Yaxin Z (her ID on the order form). efficient, friendly and determined to be sure that the Timsfor leather settee I was ordering for my daughter was actually still in the warehouse as despite it being listed as a discontinued item, the computer showed there were four available. Surprised but pleased that there were two delivery slots for the following day (Sunday) I chose 7am -1pm. Daughter called to say delivery now delayed to mid afternoon, finally arrived around 4pm. Having now read many other comments I realise that we were one of the few lucky ones! The settee looks good now but we were surprised that it came in four pieces (shouldn’t have been its Ikea)! It was the very devil to assemble, took four of us to hold it and whilst fixing the screws, which I’m guessing might be why it’s now discontinued. Won’t stop using ikea as it’s lovely to now have it closer to home but following so many dreadful experiences of delivery and follow up customer service I think we will stick to items we can carry in the car and return if necessary. Plea to ikea, you are getting so many complaints about poor delivery and follow up service. Don’t ignore them, customers are precious and there are many competitors waiting!"
Are you Ikea? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Ikea receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"The remolded store is harder to walk around in with out getting lost and turned around. There are less products in each dept to choose from, I'm guessing 30%-40%. The swedish food for sale is sold after you pay for regular goods. So this is a second purchase and another line to wait in and again lots fewer items to pick from. I hate that it now has 2 stories. They should have left the store the way it was. I won't go back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
""Who asked you to buy from Ikea ?" Fentasitc question by Ikea Eindhoven employee... I visisted Ikean Eindhoven for purchasing some products....When i found an article ready to buy , I had been promised by the services team that i will be provided with tools to dismantle it and take it with me.....After the purchase the services team provide me with a manual screw driver to dismantle the product. they took my Nationality ID card as a security. There were more than 300 screws and it is already 4.30 PM on sunday so i asked for the electric screw driver to dismantle the material. The services personal was very rude , that she said me that they do not trust the customers to provide with electric screw drivers... She asked me a million dollar question " Who asked you to buy from Ikea???" a perfect question that made me to return the product and get my money back... I am sorry for the Ikea Eindhoven management team, because of such rude employees they might loose business....Thought of sharing my story / experience with Ikea Eindhoven....Incase if any Ikea Eindhoven management team would like to listen to my story pls get in touch with me, i can present you complete story with the name of the employee...."
"Customer service is horrible. I waited 1 hour 10 minutes to return an item (with a receipt). There were only 2 customer service employees in RETURNS. There were well over 35 customers waiting to make a return. I asked for a store manager (no one seemed to know how to get a manager) and after quite a wait, the manager was completely uninterested in resolving the problem. A room full of irate customers and she was insolent and incapable of resolution. IKEA touts a 365 day return policy but makes it VERY difficult to return! Apparently it’s over a 2 hour wait to make a return on weekends."
"The delivery system is a shame. I will not tell you what went wrong. Find it yourself. But I want to tell people not to use delivery at Florida Sunrise Ikea. The experience is a nightmare."
"I paid for someone to come and measure my kitchen. They were supposed to call a day before to confirm. No one called. I had to call ikea to see if they were coming! A30 minute wait in the phone They measured and promised an estimate the next week on Wednesday. No estimate. It’s now over 10 days since the measuring and nothing they did not offer a number for me to call. I was hoping to get in on the kitchen sale I only have 30 days after the kitchen is measured now 1/3 of that time is gone and I have nothing. They very least they could do is call and say they are delayed or busy. I am beginning to lose faith in this contractor. Shout I ask for my money back or a different company? This is very disappointing. I liked the ikea cabinets. Now I need to start checking out other suppliers since these guys look so flakly"
"We have had furniture delivered today by 2 really efficient and polite delivery drivers! The delivery charge is really reasonable, delivery in time and within a few days! Thanks Ikea"
"Service is horrendous!!!!! Ordered a new lounge over a month ago and the scheduled deliveries never arrived all I have received in return is “sorry we’lol try again on another date”."
"Without a doubt the WORST service we have ever recieved from a company.... EVER. I have never in my life recieved such appalling customer and delivery service. This review is not against the shop or products, its against the customer service and delivery. We spent over £600 on wardobes and a chest of drawers, we have just had to arrange our 5th delivery attempt - we STILL do not have all of our items. Reasons for this have been a mix! A few of the reasons have been that the delivery company lied about attempting to deliver, then the goods were damaged, then we have had two cases of not all the items being in the van/out of stock, so we are STILL WAITING on two items. I have spent hours on the phone to customer service where one guy hung up on me after explaining the issues in detail, having to recall and re-explain to another customer service person - who provided no apology or ackowledgement and when I expressed my surprise she stated 'sometimes the lines go down'... I am heavily pregnant and we are desperatly trying to get our house ready for the babies arrival, we have had no apology other than 4 lots of £30 'waste of day' compensation - which is not good enough... We have had to change work diaries, change weekend plans and have absolutely no trust that our items will be delivered. It is without a doubt the worst service I have ever received and I am looking to see how I can escalate this further. Just read the Trustpilot reviews!!"
"The most worst customer service I have ever seen in my life.. me nd my husband ask for Rugs Nd one sales lady said just go to counter Nd show them sticker no so they can help u to bring out from inside so we went to counter Nd one cashier ring up all stuff nd after he ring up we ask him about rug Nd he yell on us nd said it’s not my work nd he called his manager nd the manager came to us nd after heard all he said you should go to rug section nd find that rug by your self.. his name is genn...Nd then he yelled on us nd he literally did rashisem with us ..."
"I was visited to Philadelphia store and on check out counter some problem with product finding so employee called a floor manager and his name is GENN and his behaviors very rough and without solve a problem he walk out from there it's very bad service and response by floor manager. Due to this miss behaviors I not buy any stuff and I not recommend to people to visit Philadelphia PA store."
"The 2 Frosta stools I bought yesterday have different length legs, thus wobble badly. Appalling quality. I shall not buy from you again."
"The worst possible customer service I have ever seen in my entire life! The in store music is so loud you cannot think or discuss anything with a sales person. the lazy sales associates would not help me find the cabinet I saw on line. of the 4 people I had contact with all 4 of them smart mouthed me. My wife and I bought our whole kitchen from them and spent thousands of dollars there but I will never ever set foot in their store ever again so help me! after spending all that money there I had to literally beg a store employee to help me load the boxes in my truck! I am DONE with IKEA!"
"Order arrived damaged with many broken bowls etc. Called ikea customer service and have been on hold for 45 min so far."
"Terrible customer service. Merchandise Was not delivered as promised, order canceled many times without any notification, no telephone call or email. Order placed in September but still hasn't receive it. I feel robbed. If you don't contact them, it seems that they will keep your money and wont deliver your order. I REGRET purchasing from their online store."
"Horrible customer service wait times on telephone are lengthy in excess of an hour . I regret ordering online for furniture. Was not delivered as promised no telephone call and trying to chase up item via phone was not possible. Clearly no staff are employed to handle customer service calls via phone. That was a week ago. Just terrible ."
"ZERO customer service. You literally cannot contact this company through their website. If you call them a recording tells you that their system can't handle the volumn of calls and then they hang up on you. I ordered items. According to Fed Ex they were damaged in shipping and returned to IKEA and IKEA signed for them, but according to IKEA's tracking info the package was delivered period. I paid for products that I didn't receive and I have no way for solving this problem."
"I ordered from ikea on 9/25 with a delivery date of 10/9. I sat home all day for them not to show. It is now 10/24 and have not heard anything about my order. When I reach them through email, they relay with a shipping delay. Glad I paid $59 for this atrocious shipping."
"We ordered some furniture from their online store, we picked a delivery date and when we checked out it changed to 5 days earlier. When we emailed them regarding rescheduling the delivery they told us that it was being transported to their warehouse and we needed to call them once it arrives there to reschedule. Every time we have called them we get the same "We are experiencing high volume of calls and can't take yours" spiel and then they hang up. When we emailed them again they told us that you cant pick or delay your delivery and we can expect it 2-3 weeks after the delivery date which is not disclosed anywhere on their site. Not only was their customer service misleading and contradictory, they also failed to provide us with any further details on what we can do, even when we asked them in the emails."
"extremly bad delivery"