Ikea Reviews

19% of reviewers recommend Ikea
04AM
4AM

Tell us how Ikea made you happy

Over a month
Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Over a week
customer service
12 - 13 hours
Avg Email Response Time
"Worst experience ever.... After 3 hours of shopping and average walk of more than 3KM and purchasing items with of 4000₹ in the end at billing section they said cards are not working ..and ATM inside also not working.. felt extremely dissatisfied and left all my shopping items in the billing section... Either don't go to IKEA at all or go with cash.. not so great ..."
Are you Ikea? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Ikea miami 1- El equipo que da los carts no funcionaba. Hubo que esperar largo rato 2- Los productos no se encuentran en el lugar indicado 3- Productos que dieron la orden estaba agotado. Por que hacen perder el tiempo buscandolo si no lo tiene??? Nunca mas regreso bye bye ikea"
"It was the worst experience ever! The furniture came two times in front of my house, only to NOT be brought into my appartment, because there was an inclined street and a few stairs to get there. They said they cannot get so close to my door with a truck, because it is too big amd the street to my house is too narrow. They must come with a smaller car. Ok, the first time I unterstood, and then the delivery guy spoke to Ikea guys, and I also spoke on telephon and also wrote an e-mail and described the situation. Then, after they contact me again for delivery only after 1-2 weeks, they send again a big truck!! The furniture cannot be delivered, the second time! Not to mention that I did not live in that city at the time, had to take free day from work to be there on both times! And then I had to move in the new house, but now I was unable to, because without furniture, I could not live in an empty house. The third time was my furniture finally delivered. And I sign that I received everything, because I had really a lot of stuff, I was unable to really check every single small package. Then I noticed that some stuff were missing! Also then I could not assembly the bed, because for that bed one must also order something additional, I mean the thing that goes underneath the matress, but this information is not on the website, not anywhere. Anyway, I’ve only written here briefly about what happened and I skipped many details, but it was a horrible experience and I was close to living in a hotel because of Ikea and I am never again going to buy something from this horrible swedish company! Not to mention that if you want to call to make a schedule for your delivery or to make a complaint, you can never actually talk to someone responsible, just to a lady who just writes down what you say and passes it further. No one ever at Ikea takes responsibility for anything!"
"I purchased a bedroom set and the confirmation message says that I would receive a phone call 4 hours before the delivery drop off. I took the day off work but out running some errands within close proximity [10 minutes] of home with the expedition of getting a phone call so I can received my goods. The delivery guys did call until they got on site refused to just grant me the courtesy of wait for only 10 minutes. I call customer service voice my concerns and asked you they could at turn the truck around because we took the the day off work and they did not call as noted in their email and just flat out said NO! that's not how it work. The customer service experienced I got was just as horrible as the their shortfall on the delivery and then blamed on the customer. If you shop there, expect to be blame forfor for anything that may go wrong with your product delivery. This is my first experience shopping with IKEA and will be the last."
"Got a full kitchen delivered today,all units white goods the lot over a tonne of packages,carried up several staircases"
"When your order doesn't turn up, then only part of it turns up, and then the final part doesn't turn up - again (with zero communication along the way), it's really not worth going with Ikea."
"Went to the Ikea At Landsberger Alle. I asked a question at the information help desk and was shouted at in German. "Kein English!" Berlin is an international city. This is simply not acceptable. She did not even give me a chance to explain in German."
"Excellent delivery service, fantastic product (Armchair)."
"Awful customer service. I have been trying to cancel an order for five days now. I called to cancel and then called the following day to confirm that the ordered had been canceled, since I received no written confirmation, and I was reassured--oh yes, we received your cancellation order. Two days later, I received notification that my order had shipped. So, I called customer service again to see what was going on. And when I reached a live person--eventually--they said, "yes, I see you canceled the order, but the warehouse had sent it out for delivery any way." But this customer service person was going to really cancel the order. Well, this morning I got an email saying my order was out for delivery! Come on, IKEA, are you that desperate for money that you're going to force the merchandise on me whether I want it or not? How is it possible that a company this size can't coordinate between its ordering software, the warehouse, and the delivery company? The customer-service rep told me "they get a lot of emails." Seriously? The process isn't automated? Oh, and it's become a full-time job sitting on hold with their customer-service line (so-called; more like customer disservice). Needless to say, I will not be buying anything from IKEA again any time soon."
"The worker had a Swedish accent, and tried to get on his knees. But don’t worry I slapped him. And my dog ran away from me. I’m also blind and couldn’t see where Rusfus went, when I finally found him. The same worker was doing inappropriate thing to Rufus. I see it in his eyes, he has been scarred of life. I blame Ikea, my name is Jecca Jamesson. This is my story"
"not happy with the customers service spent hours on end trying to buy a bed with the end product being broke in 3 places. do not recommend terrible service arrogant staff"
"IKEA MANAGEMENT at the Vegas Store and/or district is POOR. Saturday 2/2/2019 I visited from 1PM to 2PM to buy a new wall lamp, desk chair, some 99 cent chocolate bars and a tiny plant for a friend's apartment. I left IKEA Vegas with NONE of those things: 1. Not 1 of the NYMANE wall lamps in stock or even on display. 2. RENBERGET office chairs on display everywhere but ZERO in stock. 3. Over a dozen checkout registers but ONLY 3 OPEN with VERY LONG LINES OF UNHAPPY CUSTOMERS WAITING TO CHECK OUT. 4. Even the separate food department had a long line with only 1 cashier. Sorry IKEA but when a business is run this poorly, you get 1 star and $0 from me."
"I'm always shocked at the terrible level of quality and durability of Ikea products. Every single one of their fabric products I've ever purchased, carpets, rugs, towels, Sheetz basically anyting made of any synthetic material is chock-full of chemicals. I've spent thousands and thousands of dollars at Ikea, their return policy is horrendous. They seem almost intentionally drastically understaffed, there's always a huge wait, they even have a number system if that tells you anything about how long the wait is. I've only tried to return a single item in my entire consumer live at Ikea, a $299 carpet that had a tiny hardened spot probably one centimeter big that they claimed was a paint stain, the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, it was the exact same color as the carpet fabric was probably there from the time that I purchased it. They're like any other horrible big corporation that finds any excuse and take your money but not give it back."
"Customer service at giltbrook is a joke. After visiting the store today we left feeling the attitude of your customer service staff were rude in their response to our issue which we raised in a calm manner. The issue was over £1400.00 of kitchen appliances that was listed at two different prices in your kitchen displays a discrepancy of £200.00. We were asked by a kitchen assistant to go to customer services, when we arrived we were asked ‘why have you come here’ too which we replied ‘we were told too’. After a while of discussion we were told ‘if you don’t like it you don’t have to have it ‘ this was after a £20 gesture of good was offered!! A £100 gesture of good will could have secured a sale. Customer service was appalling and if IKEA can afford to lose a £1400.00 sale then I am sure JOHN LEWIS will welcome it. Customer Service I am sorry to say is extremely poor and I suggest you invest in some customer service training. If you would like to discuss in more detail do not hesitate to get back to me who knows you could end up with a sale and restore our confidence in IKEA."
"There have now been 3 occasions where I have made purchases at the reading store. The price tag on the display item was more at check out. A duvet priced at £22 on display was £25 at check out a doormat priced at£115k on display was£6.50 at checkout a £4.50 variance. They were good enough to refund the difference however the delay and return to the store probably cost me the same amount. No apology. No change. The products are still displayed at those prices so check your receipts before you leave the store people! Poor management!"
"Today is 1/30. We have been trying to reach customer service since 1/11 to get a replacement component for an item we ordered on line that was damaged. The message we get is that it’s unavailable. We sent an email and finally got a response. We were told it would take 5-7 business days to receive a replacement. We have a case reference number but haven’t been able to find where we can get a delivery status. With no one answering the phones we’re stuck."
"I have been trying to order online and your website platform is not functioning properly. It is horrendous and keeps dropping out. Trying to print a shopping list is ridiculous googled how to and instructions are good but don't apply to the lists I have saved couldn't get it to print because the drop-down menu was as described. I then found out that it costs $20 to click & collect. Amazingly ridiculous. If you want to lose customers your going the right way about it. Your website is malfunctioning and it's so difficult when it keeps dropping off. Also, try air conditioning your shops so uncomfortable shopping in any Ikea store in Sydney."
"We ordered a desk and paid the extra $20 to have it shipped to the Whitby pick-up point. On the day we had arranged a truck to pick up the desk, my wife could not make the one hour trip and we were worried that because it was purchased in her name I wouldn’t be allowed to pick it up for her. A call to PAUL at customer services set us at ease. He explained clearly what was necessary for me to pick it up for her and assured me I would have no problems in Whitby. He was absolutely right! I was in and out in 5 minutes or less. The staff at the Whitby pick-up point were very efficient and friendly."
"Great customer service experience! I recently emailed ikea about a small manufacturers defect that appeared on a kitchen table I purchased 6 months ago. They replied immediately, reviewed my email and sent a brand new table the following week! I found this to be amazing customer service! This experience alone will make me choose Ikea for my next furniture purchase."
"I purchased a couch online after seeing it in the store. Following ordering instructions, I included "large item delivery"; "Flat rate pricing- Unlimited number of pieces - Delivery beyond your door: your whole delivery can be brought into your home or business to one room of your choice." Removal Services (mattres, appliance, sofas) are available when you purchase a delivery of a like service...additional fees may apply. " During the purchase process I wasn't prompted and did not see any other options for delivery. The truck arrived yesterday and dropped the items in my garage and left me with two huge boxes and no way for me to move such large heave items into my house by myself. I was really stuck! and they informed me they didn't haul old items away. I had ordered "BASIC" delivery only. I called Ikea service and asked how we could "fix" this but they offered no real solution. They could arrange pick-up my old couch for an additional $50 but that was the least of my problem. My city can pick it up for free if it can get it out to the street... I am very disappointed. It is a misunderstanding, yes. But I did read and try to understand the web-site when I was ordering and I am still confused when read it. I wasn't trying to save a few bucks! If I was to order a similar item in the future, at this point, I still wouldn't know how to do it but I certainly would make some phone calls to verify and ask more questions. My past experiences with other companies (like Costco for instance) have been exactly the opposite and exceeded my expectations and their delivery was included in the price, they called, conformed what I needed to do, , scheduled the time window... Ikea did none of this."
Ikea is rated 1.83 based on 750 reviews