Ikea Reviews

Ikea have a Customer Happiness Grade of C-. Customers love their prices but are unhappy with their returns process and refunds. Full Insights

17% of reviewers recommend Ikea
Courier, Own Driver
Over a month
Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Over a week

How would you rate Ikea ?

"I placed an order for a trundle bed July 26, 2018 with delivery date of 1st of Aug. I was called by the delivery company on the day of delivery that the boxes were damaged and couldn't be delivered. I received an email stating that my order had been delivered. After several days of calling the phone # and never being able to get through, I finally spoke to someone who had no record that my item was not delivered. They said they would credit the delivery charge and resent my bed, oh, and give me a $30 gift card. LONG story short, finally on 9/19/18 my entire order has been delivered, after numerous calls. My credit for the delivery still has not been issued. I will NEVER order with IKEA again. Buyer beware."
"DO NOT BUY ANYTHING AT IKEA! If you ever require customer service you will be on hold for an hour plus. I had to call them on 3 different occasions over a 2 month period and each and every call I was placed on hold for over an hour. When I spoke to a customer service person, I told them of the extremely long wait, they said they were aware of the problem. I just called again and got a voice message said due to the extremely high call volume, I would have to call back later and then got disconnected. Obviously management at IKEA cares only on sales volume and has no concern about customer support"
"Not sure where to begin. We ordered over $7,000 worth of kitchen cabinets and bathroom cabinets. We ordered on the 22nd of February and went through hell trying to get our cabinets. We finally received the last of our order in the end of July. Cabinets are great but I would never order from them again after the horrible customer service. When you call they are so kind and seem to be helpful but it is not as it seems. I spent over 30 hours in total on the phone and wrote several emails with the company. They almost never return emails. When everything was said and done we were told we would get a refund for our delivery fee and a $300 gift certificate to use with Ikea, less than 5% of our purchase price. After waiting for 4 weeks for this gift certificate I still have not seen anything. I would never use Ikea for anything ever again. Our first shipment was damaged by the shipping company and for that I do not blame Ikea, but when they reordered our cabinets it got canceled several times internally for who knows what reason, no one could ever give me a proper explanation... I am so disappointed with Ikea and would warn anyone not to use them. We were supposed to get our cabinets within two weeks, not 5 months. We flip houses on the side and this put us 5 months behind on flipping this house. We have lost a lot of money trying to use Ikea and they don't really seem to care.\"
"I had a delivery that never made it. Try emailing but it soesn't work. Try to call but it always says they are too busy and hang up on me. I truly despise Ikea after trying to deal with their "customer service"."
"Made a purchase in IKEA Wembley in London. The item was not delivered. Wait on customer service line is 60 minutes. After waiting for 60 minutes got a new delivery date and it was not delivered yet again. IKEA case ref number 29751624. The worst customer service ever in my life."
"Disgusted with the service. Stayed in all day today took a day off work because we were told our delivery would come today. Never arrived. Had to ring customer service. After 45 minutes waiting we finally got to speak to someone. We were told our delivery wasn't despatched and they can deliver to us until 5 days time. Not one person in the whole company could give us a call to tell us this information we had to find out by calling them. If I could rate this 0 stars I would. Never use Ikea delivery."
"I ordered 3 frameless mirrors online. 1 was damaged upon arrival so I attempted to call their customer service line. I received a message that they were "experiencing higher than normal call volumes and my call could not be completed at this time". So I hung up and sent a request with all of my order information for someone to contact me. After you submit the request it tells you someone will contact you within 48 to 72 hours......its been a week! The contact email that they have on the website came back to me and was undeliverable after I tried to send an email. I've attempted to call 3 additional times and receive the same message. I will NOT be ordering from IKEA again seeing as though I'm now stuck with a damaged mirror I lost money on and I cannot use!"
"I placed an order on-line for two Gamleby chairs on August 29. 2018, with delivery expected September 11, 2018. When the chairs did not show up on the 11th, I called, and no one seems to know what happened to the order. They referred me to a resolution group, transferred my call, and an automatic voice menu hung up on me due to high call volumes. I tried to contact them again today, 9/12, and I could not get through any of the customer service numbers, for the same reason, call volume too high. This is entirely unacceptable and very frustrating to customers. I won't be shopping at Ikea again, you can bet on that."
"I literally am so frustrated with this company. I ordered my products on July 31st, for them to be scheduled to be delivered on August 6th. I moved cross country over 2400 miles, I was super excited to come to my new home and have my furniture coming a couple days later. I stayed home all day on Aug. 6th waiting for my new furniture to arrive. To my surprise, NOTHING! No phone call, no new tracking information, just plain 'ole nothing! I called and called the next day just to be on hold for 45 minutes for the rep to hang up on me once he said he will transfer me over to the online team. I recently got an email stating my couch would be here on the 4th of September, as you would guess I was super exciting to finally receive my couch for them to ONLY DELIVER ONE BOX! I just don't get it. I know it's so simple and it's just furniture, but I don't get it. All I'm asking for is my furniture to be delivered so I can make my house feel like home."
"customer service is disgusting and so is delivery i have paid for item almost two weeks ago and i still havent got my item i have been on the phone in total 6 hrs what a shambles you are Ikea simply not good enougyh"
"no one emails you back about a broken/missing items from a .com order. rotten."
"We have an older Poang chair and wanted to buy replacement cushions for the chair and ottoman. They no longer make/carry the same cushions. The new ones are not quilted, do not have piping, do not have the same headrest, do not use a heavier fabric, and generally look and feel cheap. Very disappointed in the look and quality of the cushions they now sell."
"You customer care service is way worse than expected. I did not receive my order delivery as scheduled and I do not know what is wrong with your customer care number that it is apologizing for not being able to answer any calls due to high call volumes. I had to cancel a weekend trip as I was expecting to receive the delivery today and now all I can find out after hours of dialing your number is that the delivery company has not received the shipment as planned. You do not care to let your customers know where their order is. All I can do right now is wait until I get a call from the delivery company. This has motivated me enough to never buy anything from Ikea ever again."
"I don't usually flame businesses online. But my recent experience at IKEA is beyond belief. I cannot imagine what will make me try to do business with them again. Last week I wanted to buy an item requested for a baby shower. I checked online to make sure the Oak Creek store had it available before I made the trip there. When I found the item displayed in the store it had an "unavailable" tag on it. I asked an employee, since the website said it was available, and she said, "Oh, everything is available. Here is the information where you can find it in the warehouse." We went to the indicated aisle and found the bin...EMPTY. I found another employee and asked why it was "in stock" online but clearly not available. She said they had 8 of them, but they were "in the air" and couldn't be brought down during store hours. She said I could purchase it, they would bring it down after hours and I could pick it up at the service desk. I had to wait in line to talk with a person who could arrange that. Turns out she was sorely mistaken. They could take my information, take down the item overnight and I could come back to the warehouse the next day. When I mentioned that I did not live nearby and came in only because the website said it was available, I was met with a blank stare. No helpful customer service here. I could order the $80 item online and have it delivered for a mere $39. A 50% delivery fee. NO thanks. I need it for the shower this weekend. Just get it down overnight and I'll drive the hour round trip to get it tomorrow. The next day when I arrived at the warehouse: An EMPTY bin. I asked again and was told, "We have no authority over what gets taken down over night. All we can do is write down the request and if they don't get to it, it doesn't come down." EXCUSE ME, I just drove an hour to go home empty handed????? Well, we can send it to you, for a small charge. How small? $39. Ah, no! You will deliver it for FREE to the intended recipients. But we can't get it there for over a week and someone over 18 needs to be home to receive it anytime between 8 am and 9pm. IF you reschedule the time we give you the night before we cannot guarantee delivery. EXCUSE ME again?!? Ok, deliver it to ME, I'll make the commitment to spend the day at home waiting for the thing. So they were supposed to call last night to give me a 4 hour deliver window. I got a message from the delivery company that something was wrong and I would have to call back to reschedule. Now, I've already worked out my schedule to be home all day today so I can be available for whenever their 4 hour window is set. I call the delivery company. They say I am on their delivery schedule, but IKEA has not delivered the item to THEM!!! I will need to take it up with IKEA. So I call IKEA. The expected wait is 11-15 min. While waiting I need to listen to their helpful announcements which tell me I can check online to see the in-store availability. (Just in case, I do this while waiting and it says there are 8 items available). I also hear an announcement that they are having extreme delays in deliveries in NY and NJ and cannot give an estimated delivery date at this time. Seems rather widespread incompetence. When I finally get a customer service rep on the phone she can do absolutely nothing except say that the item was not delivered to the delivery company. YES, I knew that or I wouldn't be calling!!! I asked to talk with a supervisor. (Apparently companies are getting wise to this tactic as the last 2 places I've tried this have told me they don't HAVE supervisors.) In fact, I have to call the resolution center which was no longer open by the time I finally reached a real person. So, today, I call back and press the numbers to get to the resolution center. GUESS WHAT (this is NO surprise to me!!): They are experiencing such extreme call volume that they cannot take my call at this time! No 11-15 min wait, no leave your number and we will call you back in the order in which the calls were received, no leave a message. Nope. Just "can't take your call. click." And THIS company is so popular???? Are people so desperate for cheap stuff they put up with this total lack of customer service? What does this say about our society that we are willing to be treated this way? I cannot imagine what will entice me to do business with this company in the future."
"Cannot even get someone from IKEA to call me to reschedule. I’ve been calling IKEA customer service and they keep telling me someone will call me but no one has called. Can’t even get a schedule date much less a delivery. I will have to call again. This is very poor service."
"The worst delivery service of all time. I've been waiting for an ikea online order for over 2 months now. After many hours on hold with Ikea, XPO Logistics, and Last Mile, I finally got a hold of an ikea rep to cancel the order and get a refund. However, the refund then takes 14-21 business days to process. It's been 25 business days and still no refund. If you want to call ikea to get someone on the phone you have a better shot at getting through to the White House. And then in the end when you finally do get someone on the line they're absolutely useless and transfer you to someone else and they have you on hold for hours on end. Never order ikea online, go to amazon home. Jesper Brodin needs to fix this"
"Today was supposed to be my delivery date for $1000 worth of items. No show, called delivery company (XPOLogistics) and they were totally unapologetic. "Maybe Sunday, maybe not." How they expect people to just take day after day off work, stay home, and wait for a delivery that may or may not show up is beyond me. I will never again order anything from Ikea, nor do I recommend their chosen shipping company. A failure all around."
"Delivery, customer service, costs, placed on hold constantly, still waiting for 2 beds, 3rd time lucky.Ikea should lose its business !"
"If I could give IKEA negative stars, I would. I waited almost 2 months for my Alex 9 drawers to get here. I understand that this was not necessarily IKEA's fault for them arriving late. Once they arrived, I noticed scratches all over the walls of it. It made me mad, but I was going to look past it...until one of the walls of the drawers snapped in half. I will never purchase from them again."
"I saved for 2 years to make this purchase. A year ago I purchased two green kid tables 8 chairs and two stools. I own a preschool with primarily one to four year olds. In that year seven chairs have broken and one stool. I'm beyond upset! I could have put that same approx $200 towards wooden or metal furniture. I will not be purchasing furniture from ikea in the future, I have shared this within all the teacher and owner associations."
Ikea is rated 1.78 based on 606 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!