TalkTalk Reviews

Over A Week
Returns & Refunds
Refunds Process
Difficult

Tell us how TalkTalk made you happy
Spent weeks complaining about poor broadband performance, both written and alongside over 7 hours of telephone conversations to customer service and technical teams. Eventually the tech team indicated they couldn't resolve the issue so, as I'm entitled to do, I switched provider. Plusnet have been awesome, all issues disappeared the moment they took over the line. However, Talktalk have come for their pound of flesh and are demanding exit fees with menaces. I can't be bothered to deal with the agro of the markers they've threatened to put on my credit history so reluctantly paying up.
Absolutely shocking customer services. I have been without WiFi for TWO MONTHS. at first I was told nothing temporary could be put in place, then after a month they said they have requested a temporary line, I have now been told I can't have it! I have lost my job because of this and have paid over £100 so far in bolt ons. I'm told I can't be compensated until the service is fixed, but they can't fix it, so I cant cancel my contract! nobody there cares at all and they make it quite clear.DO NOT USE TALKTALK
worst company ever, customer service barely speak english, internet is slowest than a mobile broadband. Rubbish company be aware
Shockingly bad customer service from TalkTalk. So much was simply wrong. Foolishly renewed my contract with them partly on the basis of a free gift etc. No gift ever arrived despite endless requests with over 10 - 12 calls made to them. Calls were diverted, ignored, sent to South Africa, were incomprehensible, cut off etc. A sort of resolution was eventually made but still no gift. My advice - avoid, avoid, avoid! After completion of my current one year contract I will be looking elsewhere without fail.
I have been a customer of talktalk for about 13 years who also had undergone major heart surgery, Talktalk claim they prioritize "vulnerable customers", being one myself, that would be funny if that wasn't so serious, last year getting my broadband kept getting disconnected and sometimes I couldn't connect at all, I rang talktalk, they sent me a new router, same problem, I rang them again and was told I would have to wait 3 weeks for an engineer, my brother who is with another provider when he had a problem was sent an engineer in 2 days, I had to wait 3 ,WEEKS, anyway I waited and stayed at home all day for the engineer, it was very important for me. not only he didn't show up, he never even bothered to call, I rang talktalk only to be informed that he told them he rang the bell but there was no answer, not only I was there ALL day waiting but there were 2 other people with me sitting just a few feet away from the front door, so it was an UTTER LIE, there was NO NOTE, it was so obvious that he couldn't be bothered, I got an apology from an agent and he told that talktalk would compensate me for the engineer not turning up and for the weeks I had bad connection, that turned out to be JUST ANOTHER LIE and was the start of my nightmare experience with that company, NOT ONLY THEY DID NOT COMPENSATE ME BUT ACTUALLY PENALISED ME NOT ONCE BUT TWICE FOR MISSING THE APPOINTMENT, £60 was in effect "stolen" from me, the vulnerable customer they claim to care about, what a joke, I have never ever had experienced anything like it and I am 63 old, not EVEN from cowboys, the lies, indifference and outright callousness they showed me was beyond anything I could have imagined in my worst nightmare, how can a company treat people worse than animals? So the lying engineer who I waited for 3 weeks got away with it and who they decided to punish? THEIR VULNERABLE CUSTOMER THEY CLAIM WAS THEIR PRIORITY, unbelievable, over the coming days and weeks I keep calling talktalk for help, NO ONE LIFTED A FINGER, they kept telling me a manager would call, NO ONE CALLS, I TRIED CONTACTING THE CEO OFFICE THINKING SOMEONE THERE WOULD HELP ME, WRONG, NOT ONLY THEY DID NOTHING THEY DID NOT EVEN BOTHER TO READ WHAT I WROTE, you think this is major company, they can't treat people like that never mind a sick vulnerable customer, but THEY DID so without batting an eyelid. I wrote to the CEO Tristia Harrison, explained my situation and my health status, she DID NOT EVEN DEEM ME WORTHY OF AN acknowledgement let alone a response, that tells you how much a "vulnerable customer is really worth at talktalk and its CEO, it was like I didn't even exist or a dog she could just ignore, the callousness shown to me as a human being never mind a vulnerable customer they claim is their priority had to be experienced to be believed, the stress that this company caused me was so considerable and I have a heart problem , my family worry about me having a heart attack but they couldn't care less and there is nothing you can do when you are dealing with people who don't show a shred of decency or humanity and they did this to a customer of 13 years and with health problems, I just wonder if Trsitia Harrison have a father, mother or a relative with health problems ,she would have accepted a fraction of what her company dished out to me.? FOR SURE NEVER. Lately a woman employee from the ceo office, who only called herself "Helen", it seems she did not want to be identified offered to credit it me the £60 that was "stolen" from me because the engineer they made me wait for did not turn up (someone had to pay , they decided it should be the sick customer ) plus £30, I kid you not, that was for 3 MONTHS OF DAILY disconnections endless calls and endless lies causing me a lot of stress at a time when this "vulnerable" customer was recovering from major heart surgery, equal to about 33 pence per day, that was all that this "vulnerable" customer was worth to talktalk, when I asked the woman in question whether she would have even accepted this for her dog, she wouldn't reply, so I was worth really less than a dog. Never EVER will I forgive the callousness, the total lack of even a shred of decency or care for another human being let alone what they call a "vulnerable" customer of 13 years, you have to experience it for yourself to believe it, luckily most companies would never dream of treating anyone like this, but unfortunately I chose TALKTALK as my provider against my brother's advice who warned about their reputation, I didn't listen and my god they made me pay, with my heart it could end up killing me, not that would matter in the slightest to anyone at talktalk. It actually took about 3 months for talktalk to involve Openreach who identified a fault with my router, talktalk never bothered to tell they had a problem with routers, they could have spared me so much so easily, but they just didn't care, they act like they are doing you a favour, not that their customers are paying them for this service and what do they get? In god's name why? My brother had it dealt with in just 2 DAYS. .
Broadband is useless for streaming movies or sport. Customer service is the worst I’ve ever come across. In desperation I’ve spent £98 on a WiFi booster, a new micro filter and a new modem. Wish I’d read the reviews before I switched. Avoid like the plague!!!
Do NOT TRUST TALK TALK They have absolutely NO CUSTOMER SERVICE. I was a customer for over 10 years and then I moved house and went into storage. I asked to pay my final bill on Jan 28th 2021 of £40.49 . Their system was unable to process this payment TWICE and even though it was their error they have threatened me with late payments then put me in the hands of a debt recovery service and trebled my bill threatening me with credit default . IThe only time they became really efficient was when I got the ombudsman to contact them . They replied within 2 days to the ombudsman saying I had not complained!!!!!! Apparently you have to RECORD for evidence all your phone calls that you make to them. How on earth was I expected to know that. To get them off my backs I had to pay £76 and THE NEXT DAY the debt recovery was back onto me saying there is still a balance to pay. This seems nothing short of theft. I have been harassed by them for 4 months now for something that was not my fault and run the risk, according to them, of not being able to get any contracts with utility or communication services when I purchase my next house.
Do not go with TalkTalk Dont go with TalkTalk I'm not happy my line was meant to of gone live yesterday 21/4/2021 now they are telling me tomorrow the 23rd i am seriously ill severely disabled and housebound with a phone care line service as soon as my line goes live I'm phoning BT to go back to them i need my landline number as Hospitals Doctors Social Services and others have my number i had problems with Talktalk years ago i should of learned then. This is an Email i got from them when i took out the contract to join them as a customer. Hi John, It’s important to us that you get the best service possible from TalkTalk. So, we’re upgrading the router that’s included with your broadband package to our award-winning Wi-Fi Hub (RRP £120), for free! This is a no strings attached gesture and will not change the terms of our contractual agreement. What you need to know Our delivery company will be in touch in the next few days to let you know when to expect the router.Your router will arrive before your go live date.If you need any help installing your new router, we’ve got some handy step by step instructions hereThis is a no strings attached gesture and will not change the terms of our contractual agreement. This is our best router yet and we hope you enjoy it! Your TalkTalk Team. Please do not reply to this email, emails are not monitored. We’re sending you this email because it contains important information about your TalkTalk service. This is not a marketing email. © TalkTalk Telecom Limited, Soapworks, Ordsall Lane, Salford, M5 3TT Registered in England & Wales No. 4633015.
Dont go with TalkTalk I'm not happy my line was meant to of gone live yesterday 21/4/2021 now they are telling me tomorrow the 23rd i am seriously ill severely disabled and housebound with a phone care line service as soon as my line goes live I'm phoning BT to go back to them i need my landline number as Hospitals Doctors Social Services and others have my number i had problems with TalkTalk years ago i should of learned then.
There should be an option for 0 as they do not deserve 1. Be aware of them they will charge fees even after you finish you contract dose not mater to them that you inform them that you leaving them at the end of you contract. I inform them that I was leaving them on the end of contract and they charge me £32.00 on the 18th and when I queried whey they said service charges for transferring me to the other provider. I explained to them that was untrue as the other provider cancelled my purchase on 14th as talktalk did not release the line until the 19th then was told that oh is for the 5day fron 13th to 19th which I was with them after finishing my contract. I explained to them that I informed you that I was leaving you at the end of contract so they should have been no more service from them after the 13th but to no avail the customer service person was making all kind of excuses to explained the change. This guys are total fraudsters stay away. I lost of £32.00 to them and lots of my time yesterday and today have to wait 4th of May for the other provider to connect me. 14day without service just because talktalk can do ther job. Ps. Today I couldn't get access to my account this guy's are funny as well..blocked my account. So had to phone them lucky I write my details down.
please read this trustpilot review before joining TalkTalk. TalkTalk are by far the worst company I have had to deal with. There help desk in South Africa is useless - it took one of them 10 minutes to take down my postal code. I have absolutely nothing against South Africans but they cannot understand my Yorkshire accent and trying to deal with them is a pain. After dealing with this company I have to say that they have no care at all they do not want to help. When you sign up you get an English person talking to you in English and they're very helpful and all friendly and cheery. Until something goes wrong then there's disaster because none of them are interested in the slightest. I have spent 7 days trying to get through to these people and no one wants to listen they are absolutely hopeless. I have left 36 messages on their CEOs phone which always goes to answerphone, no one answers. No one listens to the messages or contacts you about your concerns. They even got my address wrong they seem to think that I live at house number 0 on my street. This is an impossibility as house numbers in the UK start at number 1 and go up from that. I suppose they are to be congratulated in that they actually got the correct street name. In a few words THIS COMPANY DOES NOT CARE ABOUT CUSTOMERS. Do yourself a favour don't join talk talk you will regret it if you do. All will be good when you join but the moment you have problems they just don't want to know. Please read what I have said above and go to another provider not TalkTalk - this is a totally independent review I have no affiliation with TalkTalk whatsoever.
Absolutely awful service, my router was marked as delivered but no where to be seen when I got home. I called yodel who were meant to be delivering it, they told me it was still in london. My services had gone live at this point and it was already late. I called talk talk and they were no help, saying they would order me another router which would come in 3-5 days. I need WiFi for work and now have to wait another period of time for it to arrive. Never again
Bunch of scam artists Internet goes down every Sunday night like clockwork, 12 15 am magic fairy's unplug yea then one o'clock they must plug yea bk in
Terrible terrible company they left us without a phone from 18 the march just fobbed us off constantly
COMPLAINT & COMPENSATION CLAIM I am writing to inform you of my absolute dismay at the way we have been treated by TalkTalk. I have found the experience the worst I have ever had by a Business to Customer Company and I have found your standards and morals inadequate. I moved house on the 8th of January 2021 and rather than pay a moving house fee, your moving home team advised me to take a fresh new contract out which would start when we moved in. The open reach engineer arrived on the 11th of January and said everything was set up and we would have Internet the next day. The next day the internet did not go live despite numerous phone calls that day. Again the day after we had no connection and I was told to wait. Eventually your technical department had worked out that I had not been disconnected from our old address From the 11th of January to the 1st of March I phoned on ELEVEN separate days and spent over 600 MINUTES on the phone to your poorly trained customer service team – yes over 10 HOURS WASTED. During that period I spoke to various “managers” while desperately needing to get connected and I was promised and actually guaranteed SIX times that we would be connected the next day but each time we were clearly lied to by these managers. The underlying issue was that the people who had moved into our house had taken over our old line and could not disconnect it. During this phone call I was told I would be compensated £5 per day for every day we were without internet. Eventually TalkTalk customer service said to me on the phone that you did not know when we would be connected and both I and my wife were having to work from home during COVID Lockdown without internet which was awful and virtually impossible and 100% YOUR FAULT. We had no other choice after being told by TalkTalk we had no date to be connected so we approached BT and I told TalkTalk that as we wasn’t connected that I would go elsewhere to and to cancel the order – THIS WAS ACCEPTED BY A ORDER MANAGEMENT MANAGER on the phone and there would be no exit charges incurred. (You are clearly deleting or not making notes when promising customers certain things) We was up and running with BT on the 8th of March which was seamless and professional unlike TalkTalk but this has cost us an extra £16.99 per month over 24 months so I expect to be reimbursed £407.76 as this wouldn’t have been necessary if you had done what we had agreed. Id like give you an overview of the distress and costs that we have had unnecessarily received and incurred from your incompetence. My wife is a school teacher/key worker and had to teach lessons online which had to be tethered via her mobile phone which meant the lessons she provided were difficult to perform due to the speed and her limited data from her contract. In order to maintain her school lesson she had to upgrade her phone contract by £10 a month over 24 months which equates to £240, we expect this to be reimbursed. After having internet for two weeks with BT I received a text from TalkTalk to say my internet was working from the 22nd of Match – laughable and you should be ashamed it took 8 weeks to get connected! I was then chased for £8 for owing a bill for January at my old house PLUS a disconnection fee of £112 yet you told me I could cancel as I received absolutely no service at our new address and you accepted my cancellation before you eventually connected. Again I told your customer service person that I would pay the £8 I owed but only once I received the compensation and they also agreed that there would be no exit fees (AGAIN you are concealing or deleting notes of my phone conversation). I will happily pay you the £8 but on the provision that you pay me £987.76 based on - 1) 68 days without internet from talkTalk @ £5 per day £340 2) £407.76 for the increase in cost for sourcing a new internet provider 3) £240 for the increased cost of a new mobile phone contract to cover the data required to do our jobs in lockdown Please read back on this and see if this is how a company should behave during a pandemic and to a key worker trying to do her job while we both try and teach our own children school lessons in a new house. Your call centre staff the while time didn’t care, take proper notes or understand me due to where they based globally. This has been incredibly stressful and was completely avoidable. I expect this to be reviewed by someone within the UK as the call centre staff are denying what they have promised on the phone and I do not trust them to handle this matter professionally. If this matter is not resolved I will consider escalating this to the CISAS or through the courts.
Very unstable connection, bufferbloat is bad even with special routers to avoid it. It's ok for somebody who does not depend on the internet, but for whoever is essential, this is a total pain.. Forget to have a decent connection when you need it because when is peak time it goes down the speed to almost the minimum, high latency, high buffers. Ok for Netflix and watch some videos, not ok at all for gaming or voice calls and all the important stuff we do really need the internet for...
good service but they increase tariff in the middle of the contract
AVOID AT ALL COST. Years of business and domestic custom, always some explanation of why the connection is unstable and low bpm. Unannounced additional charges. They do not provide what is in their contract but still charge you the money, rip you off and lie to you that everything is looking good from their end.
Box arrived - doesn’t work, none of the promises have been honoured just left me with equipment that I don’t understand .my phone number was changed without my knowledge!!!!!!
Broadband had never worked properly since being connected 9 months ago. 5 engineers and 3 outside checks says nothing wrong. Sometimes it's off 5/6 times a day. Yet when I eventually get to speak to someone they can put it on ,for a few days, then it goes off again. I am paying £27 for this bad service. They are not keeping their side of the contract yet they will not let me out without paying another nine months money, Absolutely dreadful, I am supposed to be one of their vulnerable customers,
TalkTalk is rated 1.24 based on 920 reviews