The AA Reviews

customer.services@theaa.com

Tell us how The AA made you happy
The AA 1 star review on 14th November 2022
The AA 1 star review on 14th November 2022
My daughter broke down last night on a country lane with her 15year daughter ,it took four and a half hours for the AA to turn up ,great German efficiency ,cut the service increase the profits.
My car has been written off so I told thee aa . 2 months nearly now I ve been waiting for them to get back to me as they promised. Lol joke
Lone female with young child, abandoned after waiting from midday to 6.30pm to be collected from dangerous verge of motorway after traumatic accident! Yesterday I had to call AA, with whom I thought we were covered for accident and breakdowns. We had a crash at 11.45am in the fast lane of the M4, due to sudden braking of several cars in front of us. Our engine got crumpled and I managed to get it into the hard shoulder. AA said they would come within an hour and it would cost £375 (!) which we would probably get back from insurance. Later, I was to find out that it is pointless calling the AA for accidents and that your insurance can sort it all out much quicker. However, I didn't know that at the time and my (not present) partner said to just go ahead with AA. 2 hours went by. No one called to update me at any point, even though they promised they would.. Another hour, and another. I chased them and was given their 3rd party rescue company's number. Curt and unhelpful, they said another 2 hours. After 5.5 hours in total of waiting on a steep noisy slope behind the barrier near my crashed car, I called again - this time, the 3rd party tow vehicle had broken down and they'd told AA this 30 mins ago. The job had been cancelled. Nobody - neither AA nor the 3rd party rescue company, bothered to call me and tell me. I called AA again - 20 mins on hold before someone answered, my son extremely upset by this point, my battery running out - they had no idea what was going on but would look at new options for me - and it took another 40 mins before they called back to say they had ZERO options for me. Great, thanks a lot AA. I've paid you £375, waited hours and hours in a dangerous place, and you are completely incapable of doing the job I've paid you for. Then - £75 cancellation fee - which I am supposing we won't get charged since effectively they cancelled us. Eventually our insurance company sorted out a priority rescue vehicle to tow us within 25 mins. Moral of the story: don't bother with AA membership, no point. They should be refunding us the membership fee AND recompensing me 6 hours of wasted time and trauma!
The AA 1 star review on 20th August 2022
For many years I said one classic British company that remained true to its values and high quality was the AA. Whilst British Gas was terrible and British Airways wouldn’t give water to its passengers unless they pay, the AA had quick response times and it was easy to speak to someone. That has changed. Although the roadside support is still really good it is nearly impossible to reach someone on the phone when you need assistance. Again when you reach someone they are good and helpful but just stretched too thin. Registering online is not nuanced enough and sometimes you just need to speak to someone - to hear every time that there is unprecedented demand is not acceptable. Please staff appropriately and return to the institution we were used to.
Broke down 1200 on Sunday, eventually someone came out 2 hours later and said it was the cambelt. As we had our caravan had to wait further 4 hours for a recovery vehicle who took us 40 miles of the 200 miles back home. Next recovery vehicle turned up at 1345 the next day after we had stayed in a travel lodge for the night, he only took us a further 27 miles, after waiting for another 4 hours the AA paid for a taxi back to our home. It's now 105 hours since our breakdown and we're still waiting for our car and caravan to be bought home. Rang the AA yesterday (3 times) and today (4 times) and each time was given a different eta of said car & caravan. Not once have the AA rung me and inform me of when they would eventually be returned and we have no idea where they are. Will be cancelling my 15 year membership that's for sure and I would advise anyone to not touch the AA with a barge pole.
Waste of money fob you of always got an excuse pay for a service that you carnt use stay clear of aa
Awful so far. We broke down at 5:30pm on Saturday, 15 minutes from our rural gite on the way to get food after an eight hour journey. It took 30 minutes for our breakdown call to be answered and we were immediately told that in France nothing is fixed at the breakdown (should have read the policy more carefully) - all they could offer was for the car to be towed to storage to wait until Tuesday when it would be taken to a garage and get us a taxi back to the gite. When we mentioned a hire car we were told that the policy made it clear that it was only if one was available and nothing would be until after the bank holiday weekend (should have read the policy more carefully). When we said could they book us a taxi for after we had managed to get some shopping (as we had no food in and were in the middle of nowehere) they said it would be faster for us to sort that ourselves (was that in the policy???) and they'd reimburse us once we got back to England. So we had to sort ourselves out. Sunday, another 30 minute wait to book a taxi for Monday to get more food. Tuesday - an 80 minute wait to bd told the car wouldn't be looked at till Friday and, as if said in our policy documents, a hire car wasn't guarunteed. Again, the woman said it would be quicker to sort it ourselves. "So what exactly are we paying the AA for then, if we have to do everything ourselves?" She laughed - obviously thought I was joking. I'm not. Three days in France. No car and still no sign of having any transport in the near future. If you're considering AA European Breakdown cover, my advice would be to READ THE SMALL PRINT VERY CAREFULLY and then GO WITH SOMEONE ELSE!!!
They have more than doubled my membershipI've sent emails, letters and they refuse to discuss unless on the phone - my phone has been down and my lifestyle doesn't suit a long discussion which is then referred through a manager - in 2022 we should have a choice about how we communicate. I offered to pay the same as last year and just renew but they are not answering emails or letters and haven't done since 20 July. I have been a member for over 20 years. Disgusting service
I was going to book an appointment after receiving a service reminder. However the problem of replacing a window wiper was too hard for them. So had to go repco and they were happy to assist. If you are in the Kingsland area. Save yourself some money and try Absolute Motors in Morningside.
Terrible. Broke down at 6.45pm on Friday 12th July. 45 minutes on the phone. Said someone would be with us by 9pm. 9.45pm phoned back, told they would book someone for the morning. As we were only 30 minutes from home we took that option. Went back next morning, at 10am was told someone would be with us in 20 minutes. It is now 12pm on the Saturday. Still no van. Keep phoning to find out answers and getting fobbed of. I can't believe that the AA could be like this.
If I could give 0 stars, I would. Terrible, ruthless company with no compassion and absolutely none existent customer service. This company used to be amazing and I wrongfully thought I could rely upon them. We broke down with a pickup truck and trailer, it had overheated. We spent an hour on the phone, still no answer, the app was useless but eventually someone turned up. They sent a mechanic to fix the issue, however it could not be fixed on the roadside. The mechanic was a lovely bloke and skilled at his job. However he was from a 3rd party company and not appropriate for the type of rescue we required. He patched it up as best he could and sent us on our way. We got 5 miles up the road and overheated again in a very dangerous place - fast dual carriage with no hard shoulder or lighting. I got through straight away, and they said they'd be there by 3:45 however 5 hours later (5:38) I clicked on the 'track' function on the app and it seemed we'd been forgotten about after being reassured we were priority. I got on the phone to them and they told me I wasn't covered to get home and that they now wouldn't be there now until 10am! And that we should get the police to recover us for £150 or we could upgrade for £196! Bare in mind we were in a dangerous place in the pitch black, I have PTSD. If this is how they treat 'prioroty' cases I'd dread to think how they treat less urgent ones.
The AA 1 star review on 13th August 2022 The AA 1 star review on 13th August 2022
AA recovery very poor service. We got a puncture in Ullswater last week, no spare wheel with car, the foam kit did not work. So called the AA, they said they would be1 hr. Then as soon as the call ended I got a txt to say it would be another 1.5 hrs on top of that. So I drove the car with a flat tyre back to caravan site (about 7 miles). Then they said they would come to site for 9am the following morning. So in the morning I picked up my phone to see a message saying they would come for 11am. Absolutely shocking service. We were supposed to be off site by 12pm, towing a caravan home. Terrible.
The aa service is a uter joke don't give them your money
Just finished a chat with 2 operators Helen and Cailtian both brilliant and very helpful. THANK YOU BOTH.
Stay away not what it seems when you brake down you think your covered but your policy has fine print waste of money green flag best
My sister has been on hold with American Airlines to changed my ticket after trying several times to change it online unsuccessfully. Over 4 hours and 34 minutes so far and still waiting. she paid over 6K for her ticket to Rio
"I once this year called the AA and waited only 10 minutes. The failure was quickly diagnosed and repaired. In the past I have always had excellent service from them. "
(Home Insurance) - Posted 3 months ago
Excellent, could not fault them. Flat battery at home, up dated me when they will be out, came within a few minutes of their quoted arrival time, checked battery which was faulty, due to time of day did not have battery on board which was understandable. I went online and booked a slot the following morning, received message saying they are on way, came middle of my booking slot, battery fitted and I’m up and running. Both guys who worked on my vehicle Jason and Luke were amazing, just chatted to them while they completed the work, both guys are a credit to your service, thank so much 😁
The WORST customer experience ever!!! I have been flying American Airlines, since they have a hub in Jacksonville, FL, however today was the worst customer experience and disrespect by the gate agents. I was flying from DFW to JAX on 8/4/2022 on the 3:56 pm flight and the plane had to go back to the gate due to engine trouble. We were allowed to deplane, if we stayed close. When I got off the plane, the gate agent (gate A10) was very rude and if looks could kill, I would be dead. I called the American Airlines 800# to change my flight. When I went to the new gate (C7) where my new flight was departing, I asked the gate agents a simple question... I had to wait about 5 minutes before anyone would event acknowledge me, so I proceeded to just ask - "where is the ticketing agent on this floor" and I received a very rude response of outside security. It's no wonder why American Airline customer reviews are so low. I am a Certified Customer Experience Professional and this by far is the worst experience I've ever had. This airline needs some CX training as well as empathy training.
I used my parts and garage cover to have my steering rack replaced at an aa garage. A week later I was still hearing noises and banging from car. Called aa back out and patrol told me there was nothing wrong with my car and that I was being paranoid and to "turn the radio up and stop listening for noises" I wasn't happy so took the car to an independent garage who told me my steering rack wasn't bolted in properly. The mechanic actually showed me how he could move the rack from under the car with his FINGER. It could have caused a serious accident. Complained a month ago and heard nothing since. To say I'm furious is an understatement, I have three young children that I have in my car daily.
The AA is rated 3.2 based on 1,556 reviews