Turo Reviews

33% of reviewers recommend Turo

How would you rate Turo ?

"Always wanted to rent your neighbors Porsche for the day? Be prepared to drop $250 on a luxury wash, wax and detail before return. Or you could be slammed with fees up to $250, like me, on a crappy 2013 smart for 2... My experience was this. Upon returning a smartfor2 after a 7 day rental (6 because it sat in my driveway one day refusing to start), the owner reviewed the car, gave me 5 stars and said Ciao. Two days later I got an email from Turo explaining i owed $250 in cleaning fees. The pictures claim ash in the car, but they are simply bits of dirt or dust that was leftover from the day and drive back to his condo 10 miles from my neighborhood. Prior to return I washed the car for $30 and hand vaccumed. I even left car wipes in the car because I bought them to wipe his vehicle down and had no further need for them. The owner submitted a cleaning receipt of $230 from a high end hand wash, wax and detail car wash! So Turo says I owe them $250! Like wtf!!! I'm not paying for this guy to take his teeny weeny smart for two to a high end car wash! Turo's email says I may dispute the charges, or if I decide to simply pay, they offer payment plans. So kind! I got a feeling and blocked my credit card they had on file, and emailed them back saying I wanted to dispute. I explained I don't smoke weed, had washed the car vaccumed etc.. Turo emailed me back, AFTER attempting to charge my card the full $250 WITHOUT CONSENT, saying I have no dispute process since I have no pictures! I told Turo there was no way I was paying for this guy to get his car washed and detailed at a luxury car wash! Then the threats of collections began. I began to receive emails saying if I didn't pay up they would send my bill to collections. A couple days later I got another email saying the owner submitted proof that I drove 83 miles over my limit of 380 miles. First of all, there is no way in hell I drove 380 miles doing errands in my neighborhood and getting to work ( I had an accident and lost my car, needed a transitional car), especially when the car sat in my freakin driveway after refusing to start for a day (Turo also would not refund me for the day, or the week for that matter, when I requested. So if you get a bum car you're in the hole). Let alone drive 440+miles in a week. There is just no way. The evidence pictures uploaded by the owner show the odometer time reading 6pm and 2am. My pickup and dropoff time was 11am, so theoretically, the odomenter should read the same time, albiet incorrect if in fact he didn't decide to go for a nice joyride, racking up the miles before trying to drain my account another $250. I pointed all this out to Turo and requested they contact Eugene for screenshots to prove the date and time. They refused and said the original pictures were evidence enough. Turo seems to only care about digging into your account. They'll take any profit over client retention. The trip for 6 days was supposed to be $192.00. After Turo fees, this rental would have been $710.18... for a week. You do the math! The big problem here is Turo bully tactics to scare people into paying whatever fees they claim against the renter. I met with my lawyer who explained what Turo would need to lawfully sell this 'debt' to collections, and that is due process. Could you imagine a world where anyone could claim a debt against you and send it to collections? They have been sent a cease and desist letter. If I hear from some questionable collections agency, we will see them in court. Know your rights and if you get harassment letters and threats of collections without hearing YOU or due process get a lawyer. Or better yet, avoid this company at all costs."
"The concept is brilliant, unfortunately, the customer service of Turo leaves a lot to be desired. The communication is slow and very vague. I returned a car after renting it for 10 days with a tiny bit of dust in the cup holder and was banned. There is no way to appeal or even get a response. After my experience, I did a quick search online and found 1000s of similar incidents. I spoke to the host to apologise and said I would be happy to pay for a valet but that did not seem to be good enough for Turo."
"I used this app to hire a car when I was in orange county. The service was super easy to use. Everyone will be using this app soon. Mark my words."
Turo is rated 2.33 based on 3 reviews