CeX Reviews

Refunds Process
Difficult
Returns Process
Could Be Better

Tell us how CeX made you happy
Item bought: Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus 128GB Lilac Purple, EE B

Returned and replaced due to severe screen burn in

Unfortunately I had to return due to severe screen burn in. Half of the screen was permanently shaded purple and included features of a WhatsApp messenger screen at the top and bottom. I returned it and was fully refunded for the item and my postage cost. I used Royal Mail Special Delivery as the value was over £100 and was later refunded by cheque.
I then ordered another similar item of the same Grade B category and am happy with the condition and quality.
It was a lot of hassle but I'm satisfied to have been refunded. I suggest checking the quality of the screen thoroughly when you receive an order.
I sale game online 1.5.20 (fast service and payment)
Weeak later after I left bad review on Trust costumer service informed me
"Thank you for your review.

I wish to inform you that we are processing orders as fast as possible and aim to test and process payments within 14 days, however, due to reduced staffing during the current pandemic, please allow us a time frame of 21 days."

Today is 20.5 and still wayting for my payment.
In April I sent my I phone 8 to C ex after getting an estimate of £208 as it was in mint condition and had never been used without a case and protector screen. After a week contacted them and was told that the phone was being regraded and the offer was now £133 without an explanation. After enquiring was told that there were deep scratches of the face of the phone. I told them that that was not possible as I had taken a picture of the phone before sending it and it showed no damage. The tried to say their engineers were trained and would not damage a phone and suggested it may have occurred in transit. I had packed the phone in two separate boxes and there is no way that would occur. They asked for photos of the phone which I gave them and after e mails back and forward they now ask again for photos and are clearly delaying matters. I have informed them I will contact trading standards and the police re damage to my property. I have since had to sell the phone at a large loss as there is a scratch on the screen. Do not deal with this crowd.
Ordered a wired xbox 360 controller for pc gaming.
Description was very vague and didn't mention which plug it had so I've now had to buy an adaptor.
Controller arrived very dirty which was very gross, and not very reassuring in the current pandemic.
I ordered a phone online as unlocked but found out from my phone provider this was locked to another network. Sent phone back but no update on whether it reached destination. Lucky I sent this via special delivery and having to wait up to 23 days for postage to be refunded. Still waiting! Kept chasing up my refund and had to go another route to get it eventually. Orders shouldn’t be allowed to be made until they are up to date on returns and people selling through them. I wouldn’t make this mistake again!
Will not do anything when I try to reset my password when I click log in nothing happens also few months ago I sold a hard drive that said they would give me £40 6 weeks later they said all they could do was £2 The website is terribly designed and I think a 12 year old with some computer knowledge would be able to do better website designing than this utter trash I have just sent a wii of to them and the email address I put in didn’t exist so I tried to set it to my main one and it doesn’t do anything when I try log in or reset the password so I’ve just lost £80 probably
Totally get that you are working with less staff but why not close orders so you can cope? At the moment you are buying and selling and getting inundated making a pretty poor experience for everyone involved.

It's totally unacceptable to keep taking in orders and trades with no ability to actually complete these in a reasonable and quoted time frame, They are now saying payment will slip from 7 to 14 to 21 days and even then I'm not convinced. ZERO warning on website.

This seems more like a cash flow issue than a staffing issue. They never 'test' games in store just check and pay. I fear they may be struggling for for-fill payments hence delays.

Support only responded as I called them out on Twitter.

In short: Slow Service Poor Customer Service Wont use again and COVID19 excuses only go so far
No stars I would really.
Complete of waste of time never again. I paid for an xbox one console for £180 received it two days after. Tested the computer and it wasn't working the games I tried everything. Wrapped it all up sent it back to royal mail tracked 48. Had to wait 3 weeks for a email and 3 more weeks for a refund. Because they don't do replacements of consoles anymore. What a waste of time I was so angry never again all because of this covid 19. There not paying enough staff to sort out each customers problems. Scraping the barrel as usual cheap skates.
great to deal with usually even when they got an order wrong they were good to deal with refunded me very quickly so i could order the right part which this time they got right great company
In the past i have left a couple great reviews for cex, one for in shop experiences, and one for pack payments after shop experience. well , while we all are affected by the covid etc , i do not see any excuss for the following. no 1 order number 7677202. this was recieved by cex on
15/04/2020 - 10:21 Signed for by: C.CALLUM. Items: 1. WATFORD... i have complained about not hearing anything and asked they make contact to see where we are with payment... i got an email 5:33 AM
Game console arrived broken.

I bought a playstation 2 from CEX online. When it arrived it was rattling and the CD tray was completely stuck closed. The power turned on, aswell as the indicator light for the eject button and the sound of the fan. But the CD tray would not open, so I opened up the system and heard alot of rattling. A few random pieces fell out when I turned it upside down thinking it was a loose screw. But bits of plastic and a brittle piece of putty fell out. I instantly e-mailed CEX for an answer, refund or replacement. (i'd prefer a replacement as I've just bought 10 ps2 games to play) I heard a cookie cutter response and have been told to wait and wait and wait. All I did was purchase a console online and I received a useless lump of plastic and metal which is no good to anyone andpaid for it.

I wanted to see if they'd help out but it's been a couple of weeks with only the advice to wait for a response. That's not the approach you'd take if it were the other way around, I am sure of it.

I didn't want to leave a bad review as it's not normally my style but this service and lack of a resolution is not acceptable and I want to let others know.
I wish I had read some reviews before I brought from these. I took lots of items into Cex for my 11yr old son as he want to save for gaming pc which we were going to buy privately. We had £214 for goods. Staff asked son what he was going to spend money on he said gaming pc. How do i wish we never had that conversation! So long story short we went by the staffs advice and ordered one. Son so happy when it arrived untill we opened box! Which was a bog standard office pc! I was not happy. Took straight back to Cex all I wanted was a refund but as we paid in voucher as was talked into buying from them we couldn't have one even though I was told this was a gaming pc so I had no chose but to add another £220 towards another where I was told was a gaming pc this time but was coming from another shop and being delivered! When arrived son was happy excited even though it wasn't in best of condition even though grade B! 8wks down line the line pc won't update won't reset and has black screen when try any! Been in contact with Microsoft done everything they told us but still don't work. So I'm not happy to say the least and son well he is heart broken and has not gaming pc that works in this period of current lockdown. Sent email to CEX yesterday stating I want a full refund and pick up of this unsable pc. Will keep you updated on answer. Very very disappointed customer.
you gave me a Nintendo 3ds that has scratches all over it and does not function . never being here again.
I bought a phone for $770 iPhone from CeX. Then I returned to my place of residence in remote NSW. I discovered that basic features on the phone did not work: earpiece speaker & all location services. Then the coronavirus lockdown began. CeX customer support refused to let me post the phone back to the store--a three hour drive away--demanding that because I bought it instore, I would have to return it instore, even though with the lockdown it was illegal for me to drive the 3 hours to the store. CeX support explained why I was not allowed to post the phone back for an assessment/repair/refund, they told me that because I had bought the phone after the lockdown, this meant I could not post it to them. I bought the phone before the lockdown.
So I ordered call of duty black ops 4 from cex same case but different disc (cod black ops 3) same thing happened when I ordered crysis 2 got the game but the case was crysis 3. Also if you order a console and something is missing (inevitable) like the Nintendo 3ds and it didn't come with a styles, and if you wanted to sell 3ds without styles they won't buy it. Plus all their reviews are written buy their staff “EVERY SINGLE REVIEW THAT IS GOOD ABOUT CEX IS UPLOADED BY.. CEX STAFF.. FAKE REVIEWS.. CEX HAVE GOT STAFF DOING FAKE REVIEWS..
So basically i was searching for a 3ds on cex online and i found an ice white 3ds for only £55 so i bought it.
When it arrived i was happy but i opened box and i took out the 3ds and OH MY GOSH there was no stylus so i was mad but not too mad so i didnt really care but this is where th fun starts i went to go and charge the 3ds there was a orange light which showed and then it went off so me being me i thought that was how the 3ds charges (showing you the light and then charging) i left it for more than 3and a half hours and then i came to take it off the charger then i was trying to turn it on but nothing happened so i was really fustrated because i just spent 55 pounds on a 3ds that has no stylus and that doesnt work
And also
How come when i went to try and sell my dsi (at cex) when i lost my stylus they were like "oh sorry we cant take in a dsi without the stylus" yet they let another person give in a 3ds without the stylus
Very pathetic cex. 0 out of 0 do not buy from there
Here is a company who will pay a member of its head office staff; Imran; hundreds of pounds to reject warranty claims despite the cost of handling the claim exceeding the cost of the goods. Why they continue to be aloud to trade or why anyone in their right mind even darken's their door steps is now a mystery to me. If you want to have a bad experience 'Buy from CeX'.
Wrong items and unworking items sent, the whole order ruined of an expensive games system, ordered and sent during corona crisis so they obviously purposely tried to mug me off knowing I couldnt go in store to rectify their mistakes or return
Only good for little worthless things like 75p PS3 games lol. Other than that Scam!
I bought a spider-man 2 game and half way through the installation it said it was dirty. I gave it a little clean and it still said it was dirty
CeX is rated 2.08 based on 385 reviews