CeX Reviews

Refunds Process
Difficult
Returns Process
Could Be Better

Tell us how CeX made you happy
PS5 for over £350 the RRP price. Shame.
I did their “drop” and sell on line. Worked perfectly. They confirmed price by email within an hour of dropping and money was in my bank account the next working day. On top of all this, they paid my a lot more than the other online companies who buy iPhones. So would definitely recommend CeX.
Uninformed and badly trained staff tried to drop price after stating it. Very unprofessional
AN ABSOLUTELY OUTRAGES POLICY. IF YOU WANT A REFUND ON A FAULTY ITEM. "WE HAVE TO TAKE YOUR DETAILS TO REFUND" THEN WON'T DELETE THE DATA. ""SORRY, WE CANT DO THAT!"" I DID NOT GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO STORE MY DATA! I WILL BE CONTACTING MY LAWYER!
Dont sell your items here. They will rip you off. They wanted to buy my almost like new PS4 Pro 1TB for £90. I managed to sell it on Facebook marketplace for £250. If I had sold it to CEX, they would have sold it for £250+ and flipped a profit. Poor customer service and a complete scam. I hope they go out of business sooner than later. Also what a trashy name... fitting for the company directors who scalp the their customers. - My experience was instore.
CEX joining the low life scalpers on Ebay and ruining a lot of kids Xmas this year. I normally take my kid once a month a spend hundreds on games, they have lost me as a customer after this PS5 extortion.
Don't buy anything from cex online it's a terrible service no customer care I tried to purchase a ps4 Pro from my local store so they decided to sent me one from the other side of the country I still haven't received it a week later and its saying it could take up to 16 day I just hope it gets here in one peace
Bought 2 phones online and had to return both , the first phone was locked to EE but clearly marked as unlocked , the staff at the local store were helpful but the managers first reaction was it's a stolen phone and had been locked. Took a week to get the money back. I stupidly decide that this may have been a one off and ordered a second phone online again as the store has limited stock. Turned up as a "b"graded phone but looks like it's been kicked down the street ,more than 20 scratches on the main screen. Returned and won't be crossing the stores threshold again!!!
I bought an item online nearly two weeks ago and CeX sent me the wrong one. Also, the item they sent was broken and had wires hanging out from everywhere. Now its nearly two weeks since I returned and I am fighting to get my money back or any decent reply from CeX. Also, don't bother contacting the company director to complain, as he will not reply. STAY AWAY FROM CEX.
Dont inflate the PS5 Prices for your customers --Person from the USA
Disgusting company... Charging hugely inflated prices for the PS5 console. People are struggling to get this console for their kids this Christmas and lot's of people are also in financial difficulty! To take advantage and charge hundreds of pounds over the RRP is absolutely outrageous. Boycott this company and let them feel the pain of lost revenue!!!
Price Gougers! Playstation 5 consoles being sold at over £350 above the RRP!
Extremely unhelpful people. My product was damaged twice during the warranty period and the second time round they said they wouldn’t repair it. They sell damaged stuff and their repair time is a minimum of 1 month after giving an assurance of 7 days.
Be A wear from Cex as most of the telephone they sale are stolen, i had experence when i bought Iphone 8 plus and paid £395.00 cash but after 6 monthe the phone givin no service , contact the EE and form the imi number found this telephone has black listed ie STOLEN, when i went to tell them they did not say sorry and he refund me £310.00 so I lost £85.00 this is I name it AROBBERY.
Posted me an ipad with a passcode on it then sent me ones to try which completely disabled the ipad now not replying
From start to finish have found them to be appalling. Had over 100 phones to trade in (Old company phones) 90 of these were in good working order with little damage other than the odd scratch mark. Dropped them off at the store and was met by the most ignorant man Ive ever met who made a massive deal about me leave that volume of phones (Did he not want money for reselling them?) Told me could take 6 weeks or more. No problem given everything going on at the moment. Less that a week later I received 3 calls back to back from a private number, which for obvious reasons I don't answer, way to many scams going on. I get a very threatning voicemail left stating if I do not answer my phone immediately they will not process my order and ill loose the phones. After listening to it again 5 times I eventually deceiver the number I have to call and when I get on the phone he tells me that ALL the phones are rubbish and they are not a recycling center. When I questioned this and how its possible as many were used for only a few months and in good condition, he proceeds to tell me there is battery damage and broken screens. This is untrue as I got rid of all phones that wouldn't turn on or had cracked screens before we packaged them up to go to CEX. He then told me that all he is willing to give me is 12 euro for 4 Iphone 5c's. Absolute joke and he is an absolute cowboy. Will be lodging a formal complaint with CEX as the customer service was appalling. Run a mile!
No customer service whatsoever at your Braintree store. I did a trade in drop and go, I also had 2 controllers and could only click on the option for 1 controller. The man wouldn’t let me speak was on the phone, took my items and wouldn’t let me in. You can’t even ring a certain store that you want to communicate with. Apart from CEX there is no other place you can trade that I know of. More customer service from a funeral directors. I would give them zero if I could.
cex as a company are scam artist's, they over charge on consoles and don't give hardly anything for trade in. they also have a charge of £1.95 per item that they sell. the company is also selling the new ps5 for roughly £150 more than its price new elsewhere which is £449.99, I have had horrible experiences with them including trying to trade something I brought from them back in for them to then turn around and say they cant take it.
Wish I'd read these reviews before my poor experience with CEX. Strange how many of these reviews are negative and on the CEX site, they are positive with higher ratings! Went onto the CEX website, put in the details of the phones I wished to sell, received a fair price and took the phones to the nearest shop. All phones in good condition, some in original boxes, and with chargers. A week later received an email to say they could not accept the phones due to all of them having "physical damage". When I queried this and pointed out all phones were in good condition, they changed it to "did not pass the test". Have collected the phones from the store now but staff could not, and still cannot explain what this means. Best not to use CEX.
CeX is rated 1.98 based on 473 reviews