CeX Reviews

Refunds Process
Difficult
Returns Process
Could Be Better

Tell us how CeX made you happy
CeX 5 star review on 20th July 2020
CALLUM
CeX 1 star review on 18th November 2019
CALLUM
More Photos & Videos
CEX in Feltham lovely guy called Leo. Was so helpful I had My phone stolen on the weekend so I went into buy a new one he help me set it up and recommended what sims to buy then inserted sim and set it all up. Absolute star! Was a lovely genuine guy made my bad situation a lot better.
Avoid if possible, the staff there r all tattoo twats, not one of them knows what to do, not one there is intelligent or sensible, U ask one a question they go round asking the other staff for help! all there after is ur money and once u’ve purchased something they don’t want to know u after that! I’ve had a horrible experience with them! Go to the shop GAMES the people there r so nice and respectful I love there shop! ‘AVOID CEX’ 🙄 And if u do buy anything u don’t get cash refund but get a voucher instead, but with other shop they give u certain amount of days for ur cash back . Avoid ppl
Total scam artists, avoid like the plague, will sell you faulty items and the only refund you a voucher which is worth half what you paid! AVOID!!!
They’re alright depending on what staff and store you get I go to the one in East Ham and trust a young lad to always serve me has helped me sort out issues other staff cannot a really good worker
Please don't sell(give) these guys your old DVDs they'll offer you 1p for them and try to sell them for £1,2,3 or £4 I should have just went to a charity shop or donated the to a children's home.... fell bad now. Also I went to the Holloway branch to sell a tablet I had got for Christmas which I didn't need (but let's keep that between us) and the bloke took one look at me and asked me for I.D he didn't even look at it then started looking for reasons to say no ( I think he thought it was stolen and I would get violent as his hands were shaking while opening the box) he saw that it had a European plug and went to his supervisor who looked up at me and then he came back saying he could take it off my hands because off the European plug!!! A few days later I go to chapel market and I have no probs whatsoever (except feeling robbed of my DVD collection) so I'd honestly say only sell to these guys if you have a phone laptop tablet which is less than 3 years old otherwise your just simply giving it away to a major company who will try to make 75% + profit on them. I'll try spok next time at least it can go directly to someone who needs it. Oh and they don't like to hear any feedback!!!
Buyer beware!!!!!!!!Worst retail experience my wife and I have ever experienced. I bought a second hand I phone 7 from from the Dunfermline store around 6 months ago. It was rated by them as a B grade product due to the scratches on the screen and to the back of the phone which I was happy with as It would be in a case and have a screen protector so they wouldn’t be visible. After some time the screen began to show fault, flickering at the bottom intermittently. I thought this wasn’t a problem as I had a years warranty??????!!!!!!! Nope!!!! I took the phone back to the store in the Kingsgate shopping centre where the staff were so absolutely useless and completely unhelpful. The manager was off that day so I was asked to contact him the next day. After speaking with him he told my wife and I that they couldn’t do anything because there is a crack on the screen. They insisted that I had damaged the phone in some way and this issue was due to a crack on the screen that I had caused. This is not correct. That’s exactly how I brought it from you! Does this meen you shouldn’t have sold it in the first place? Absolutely mental. I am in discussions with the financial ombudsmen currently. You will here from me very soon!
AVOID!!!

This store sold me a dvd box set with defective discs and when i went to get a refund i had to wait an hour for the "tester" who looked to be high to "test" the discs and tell me that they work fine when they don't.

Will be reporting them to trading standards for selling defective items.
Been fined £1000 because of Cex and there wrong doing, you should do the correct checks, goodness knows how this company is still running is beyond me.
I ordered a microphone kit and if you want to search it up it is the zingyou kit b mic. all that came was the microphone no kit not even a wire to plug it in.
Happy with the guys who work in Chippenham, Wiltshire. never had any problems with staff or goods. Seems fair. Traded a lot of stuff in. The prices are very minimal, but at least they took it off my hands.
I have previously found CEX in Cheltenham to be great. I have bought second hand games and DVDs for my son, and traded items in once he had grown out of them. However my last two visits to the store have been disappointing. He wanted to get rid if his sky lander figures, so I popped in to ask if they bought them. Yes I was told, some are worth more than others so bring them along and they’ll take a look. I went home, got them, made a special journey back into town. I then spoke to another team member who said they do not take them! When I explained my frustrations at being told something completely different earlier, there wasn’t even an apology. The guy who told me to come back with them was on the adjoining till and could hear my conversation, but not once did he apologise for giving me wrong information. Today I have been in to take my sons PS4 for a repair, which in their website says they do, only to be told on arrival that they do not do repairs. When I asked where they would recommend me take it ‘try Facebook’ was the reply! The member of staff today was polite and quietly spoken, but not particularly helpful. ‘Computer says no’ type of attitude. I strongly recommend CEX delivery more customer service training to their staff, they definitely need it!
So far my experience is not good I bought a phone from them 5 weeks ago. I used this phone for a week then it's not charging I return the phone 4 weeks later the phone is waiting a repair! Refused a refund! If I buy another phone I wont be able to get a refund! The customer service is poor in future I will be avoiding
Disgusting company and rude staff. I have been fined due to CEX's fault, they did not do the right checks on my products, fined 500 then added another 500, i am taking this further. Avoid this company at all costs..
I bought a NOW TV box, which itself was fine. The description was not clear fi it included remotes, so I checked and it did. It's all to do with their ABC rating where A is newest, but I assumed C was latest model. Upon arrival, it contained no HDMI cables, so I had to order these separately elsewhere. Try as I might, I could not get these points over on their review page as they kept rejecting it. So, if they only allow positive reviews, how can they be trusted?
Under value your goods, and will try and find absolutely the smallest things possible not to trade in. Ended up taking my Nintendo DS Ato Game store instead when they refused to treads in and ended up with £18 more. Advise to use Game instead for trade in.. at least the Cardiff store anyway.
I RETURNED A FAULTY LAPTOP I BOUGHT ONLINE FROM CEX, FOR £250 .
I WAITED OVER A WEEK FOR THEM TO TEST IT AND THEN THEY LIED THAT IT DOESNT MATCH THE SERIAL NUMBER OF THE ONE THEY SENT ME..... SHOW ME EVIDENCE OF THIS AS I TOOK PHOTOS OF THE LAPTOP .
WHAT A DESPICABLE WAY TO TREAT CUSTOMERS.
I WILL NEVER BUY OR SELL TO THESE CROOKS EVER AGAIN
Not even worthy of 1 star!!! Don't bother buying second hand through them, you will live to regret it and be out of pocket. Bought a laptop from them a year and a bit ago, have barely used it as was given a work laptop. Now it won't turn on at all. Dell suggested a coin cell battery change, I did that but that wasn't the issue it made no difference. I contacted CEX and because I changed a battery the warranty is void. They won't even look at it to see what went wrong even though this has NOTHING to do with whatever fault there is. £350 down the drain and now have to buy a NEW laptop!!
(Gallowtree Gate, Leicester)

Offensive and rude standard of service.

I've been using Cex for about 10 years & have witnessed their level of service deteriorate however today will be the final straw.

Having a clear out at home & took a wireless keyboard / mouse set. Right from walking in the door it seemed the 'customer service advisor' (a term used very loosely..) was determined to find fault.

Offensive as it would hardly be worthwhile for me to try & sell a faulty low value item.

Firstly he seemed to insist that there was a problem with the battery cover until the supervisor stepped in & confirmed it was fine.

Then, probably out of small minded spite, he found a small cosmetic crack in the bottom of the keyboard & rejected it on this basis.

Took it to another nearby shop who brought it straight away.

I appreciate you are brand complacent Cex & so you assume that minimum wage customer service advisers are ok to offend customers. I can tell you however this is not acceptable.
5 members of staff 4 customers and i still waited 14 minutes to buy the one game i had in my hand.
Sent me a console out it was faulty they swapped it for another once again faulty
CeX is rated 2.09 based on 353 reviews