CeX Reviews

Refunds Process
Difficult
Returns Process
Could Be Better

Tell us how CeX made you happy
If I could give zero I would...

I sold my sons iPhone 6s on the basis of it working, but had scratches... was offered a decent amount of money.

However when the phone was dropped off at the store they changed this classification and deemed that the camera had a scratch, and was therefore not working.

They left a voicemail offering £20 for an iPhone 6s.... upon speaking to their customer service team they have revised this offer to £15 as they made an error on the memory size of the phone.

Absolute cowboys... really sharp dishonest practice
I bought a Samsung mobile device from the Tonbridge branch and had problems with it after a few days. I took it back and - although they couldn't replicate the issue after testing - they exchanged it for a replacement there an then under the 2 year warranty. Very good service from friendly and helpful staff.
They look for any excuse not to take in equipment. Some really pathetic reasons for equipment not being up to their standard for purchase.
Bought call of duty black ops for the ps3 online and the game broken the game freezes up before the first mission the the campaign even starts loading into multiplayer or zombies also sometimes freezes the game also a bunch of missing textures safe to say never order a game from them online.
I bought a galaxy s7 edge & had only had it a month the first day i had it the phone went dead...i thought i had just touched the side button..but soon discovered that it was the phone .i worked nights & the phone kept turning off..as i work nights i dropped the phone & cracked the back which i was soon to discover was fake..i went into cex & explained what was happening & i had only had the phone a month...they then told me that there was nothing that they could do ,so i took my phone elsewhere only to be told that it was the battery & it had swelled, so i booked it in to be fixed..what a surprise we had ..it was a fake battery ..also a fake back & that the back had been stuck down with glue..the phone was an absolute joke ....just like' CEX' they are the scum of all scum so if you have any sense at all STAY CLEAR.. ..
CeX trying to lowball offer after 'assessing' console
Checked what was needed to get a 'boxed' condition to trade in my PS3, now CeX are claiming that I do not meet criteria, and can only give me £26 instead of the £126 it was supposed to get traded in for in credit.

They are now making up all sorts of things that they have not told me when they directed me to customer services, as reasons why the console is not in 'boxed' condition - even when googling each new thing I've found out from the grapevine were present on new consoles (my console is a day1 console)
CeX trying to lowball offer after 'assessing' console

Cex staff are extremely rude and need to go on courses for customer service , oh and the staff need to get some deodorant ,shop always stinks of body odour.
me and my dad a couple years back thought of selling stuff that we didn't use to cex as cashies closed down and so we sold a couple games that lasted a year or so like rocket league, lego worlds and some others along with a camera a scratched iphone 5 and a cooler master keys lite l keyboard without the mouse and for all of that... 45 GODDAMN QUID and they asked about the camera password and we told em to f**k off and thinking back about it, we did the right decision as I couldn't even get the same keyboard with the money and that's why its 2 stars and i feel no ounce of regret from saying this
I lost my money through three hyper yielding investment platforms whose companies were registered in London, UK. They claimed to have registered their companies in the US as well. The three companies are Moni-Finex (Moni-Finex Global), HybridReserve and InclusiveFx (Inclusive Services).
Moni Finex’s webpages have been inactive since the beginning of August and I have been unable to withdraw since July 12 2019 The MF migrated July 25 2019 to MoniFinex Mining, again unable to withdraw. The sites posted they were performing an internal audit during the month of August 2019; subsequently, it announced the systems were being upgraded since early August. All official Chat-rooms at Telegram, WhatsApp and Facebook are now disabled and some vanished altogether. I Contacted the CEO via WhatsApp, he did not read my notes or respond.
HybridReserve would keep promising mouth watering ROI to lure you in showing you simulated trades and it is almost impossible for you to make a withdrawal. One excuse after the other. That’s when it became crystal clear that I have been scammed of my hard earned money.
My total lost with these three companies was USD532,876.21 as of August 1, 2019. I needed a major portion of this balance to pay off the down-liners who were threatening to file charges for misleading as well as fraud. Their combined balance is approximately USD600,000. A top wealth recovery company in the US brilliantly helped recoup 92% of my lost capital to these fraud companies all within a 2 week period. I can’t thank you guys at RECOVERYWEALTHNOW360 at g mail d o t c o m enough . I am typing this with tears rolling down my cheeks! Please stay away from HYPER YIELDING INVESTMENT PLATFORMS to avoid the agony and pain I went through!
As bad as their name suggests. CEX are not to be trusted and have A terrible and rude customer service.
I bought a phone from them that had a spent battery. Tried to return the faulty item, only to get difficulty from the store staff and cex’s
Complaints dept.
On replacing the battery independently it transpired the phone also was sold with internal water damage.
Bad company
I purchase Samsung Note9 from Pheonix Market City Store.
The display was not working fine and gave it to the store for repairing.
Now i am waiting since almost a month and yet there is no reply from the store / service centre.
They are saying that they dont have the part and hence it is taking longer. Why should a customer suffer for their incapability to source the part.
Since last few days, they have stopped picking my calls, not answering my msg over whats app / email.

Very poor after sales support. I am very dissatisfied with the approach and behavior of the staff at the store.

I hope i get my phone soon. These ppl dont even care.

I would never ever shop from CeX again in my lifetime.
Worst ever experience for me.
Big thanks to Israel from East ham branch for such an excellent service.
Wanted to say thanks to Israel from East ham branch for such an excellent service.
Terrible.
Item was sold as A grade. Perfect for gift.

It arrived. I got it out of the box and one if the buttons fell off straight away.

Cex reaction has been poor. I asked to return. They said they need to investigate with store before I can return. After raising PayPal dispute I had a reply asking me to send the item back. As 8ts over £100 value cex want me to pay for return insured postage. Then claim the postage back by cheque. I'm not convinced with their customer service and so don't trust them to send timely cheque. Plus, who uses cheques now?! I'd have to drive into town, park, get mask on, visit bank to pay it in. Ridiculous. I wouldn't buy anything from them again.

Order 8511112
I bought a phone online which was faulty when I received it, but when I took it into my local store they immediately replaced it without quibbling with a working one and refunded what I'd paid in carriage. I was served by a friendly, helpful assistant named Will. I'd certainly deal with CeX again.
I bought a phone online from CeX which was faulty when I received it. But on taking it intoto local store, they replaced it with no argument and apologised for myour inconvenience. Excellent service
its would be easier to say what isnt wrong
Sold a faulty product and blamed for the damage.

On September 1st I purchased a huawei p20 from the Norwich store. It hadn't been set up for long before I noticed battery issues, sound issues, and soon after that I was in a phone call (struggling to hear so I looked at the bottom of the phone) and noticed a red water indicator meaning the phone was sold with water damage. The phone had been in my pocket since getting this. I was planning on 48hr returning this for a better phone anyway as this store had a poor selection and my local store had agreed to allow me to order a different phone online before refunding the huawei so I wouldn't be without a phone.

Now I've worked for this company for 5 years total and I have experienced firsthand
1) staff making honest mistakes, which does happen.
2) staff ticking boxes on receipts they couldn't fully test (not enough signal to make a call, water indicator not visible, etc)
3) staff members blaming customers for damaging their phones knowing full well these mistakes did sometimes occur

Yet CeX are denying the possibility that a staff member made a mistake in this instance and essentially, I am being blamed. Funnily enough the pocket on my trackies is dry. I have seen a shocking amount of first hand accounts of others being sold faulty products and being blamed for it, as cex have a little tick box saying a product was tested completely and customers have no protection as they do not have evidence.

Thanks to cex I am now stuck with a broken phone and I have to return the phone ordered from cex online even though its over double the value of this one and also the one I've wanted for a really long time. I now cannot afford it again and after spending thousands over the years here I have now lost every bit of trust I had in this company. They reel you in with 2 years warranty but play customers like this. Will not ever be shopping here again, I have more trust in Facebook marketplace sellers.
I sent some items to CeX to sell and received a credit for them.
I decided to use the credit for three items.
Immediately after dispatch I received a notification that one item was not available and received a refund.
I received an empty envelope from CeX. No items or even and delivery note for the items.
I contacted the customer support sending photos of what was received and received a reply that they were investigating.
After three weeks I had got no further so posted a review on another review website. After posting this review the issue was immediately resolved. They claim the store fulfilling the order sent the items and as I received a sealed envelope I was not eligible for a refund. So I loose the £45 from the order and have another £45 in a company I no longer trust to fulfil my order.
CeX is rated 2.00 based on 441 reviews