Wickes Reviews

of reviewers recommend Wickes
Read Wickes Reviews

About Wickes:

Wickes continues to be one of the major brands in the DIY and Home Improvement sector. We have a range of over 10,000 products (98% own brand), and are able to offer our customers everyday low prices by sourcing the best quality products at the lowest possible cost. Most of our products are available for next-day delivery, including big & bulky stuff. At Wickes you can discover a whole host of inspirational ideas for your Home and Garden, with some of our key products being doors, flooring, tiles, kitchens and gardens. Launched in 2006, the Wickes transactional website features product details covering the complete Wickes range. Our website is constantly being enhanced to help improve customer satisfaction, so why not be a part of that journey by helping customers find us.

enquiries@wickes.co.uk

Wickes Building Supplies, Rhosilli Road
Northampton
NN4 7JE

Tell us how Wickes made you happy
Wickes 1 star review on 4th December 2022
Sarah.898989
Had my bathroom fitted in February this year. Tiles were badly fitted. It took the 3 weeks before the fitter could workout why the drainage in the shower was not draining properly - infact, the water was building up to overflow. It was with my son who made him realise what the problem was. I was promised professional and good work by the designer, when I asked him about the the engineer. No one visited to see how the job was developing and when I went to the shop to complain, they sent the designer, who's remark was_ I don't know anything about plumbing, I'm just the designer. How many months later, after three sets of toilet seat, I am still using a toilet without a toilet seat,because each one that has been fitted, have broken down. I've paid good money for a new bathroom and have been very disappointed with the quality of work. I am ashamed to have anyone to my place because there's no toilet seat on my toilet - a brand new toilet! This has been and still is very stressful experience for me. Please don't let these people do any work for you. They're only interested in taking your money from you- which they insist that you pay before they do any work - even when I brought it to their intention, that rightly, I shouldn't be paying them any money, until the job is completed.
Disgraceful!!!!! Do not use Wickes to fit your kitchen, I would have left minus stars if there was an option to do so. I have paid £12,000 to Wickes and have been left with an unfinished kitchen which is not functional, the kitchen fitting that has been completed to date is of an extremely poor standard. In addition to this the kitchen fitter carried out gas and electrical work that he was not qualified to do, which is a clear safety issue, Wickes know of this issue and they did not send a qualified person to my house for over a week. Customer Services say that they are working on a new fitter to complete the kitchen, however this has not materialised and there is no date for work to commence. Wickes guarantees state: "Our experienced installers will fit your kitchen to the highest standard, whilst adhering to additional safety measures we've put in place. So you can relax knowing that your kitchen is in safe hands." And "We want you to be completely happy with your installation, knowing that everything has been fitted safely and correctly. Once it's been installed, we'll provide you with a 2-year workmanship guarantee on top of any product guarantees." In my experience neither have been the case, the fitter presented as inexperienced and did not do the job safely or correctly. Wickes has wasted my hard-earned money, time and effort. Wickes has left me with a kitchen which I am unable to use and with no guarantee as to when this nightmare will end. I recommend that customers go elsewhere and disregard the guarantees and promised made by Wickes, it's not worth it.
Absolutely shocking company we paid about 12 000 to have a bathroom put in which was delayed by 3 weeks he took about 5 weeks to put in in then when he said it's all finished and done the water was coming out from the shower the toilet is leaking and the grouting is terrible so after 6 months of not having a bathroom not being able to have a shower they finally get the installation manager to see for his self although we have sent video after video and having different installers come see it he shows up and says well we will fix it for you but you can't claim compensation what a absolutely horrendous company I suggest to everyone stay away
Update: Basically Cowboys I genuinely feel like I've been dealing with cowboys I've had such a poor experience with Wickes's bathroom installation. Initially, I chose Wickes as I wanted to go with a reputable company. I was aware this would mean a higher cost and perhaps a longer waiting time before the installation would start. Initially the experience was good, the design consultant at the Cricklewood store was very nice and drew up an amazing bathroom design I was really happy and genuinely excited for. We were told we'd receive a call within ten days to book in the home visit to measure things up. This took six weeks and I had to chase multiple times. Once this was booked I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly they were able to fit us in. The delivery seemed well organised but this was a ruse. When the contractors were onsite the experience was relatively good, they were helpful and worked to the schedule they said they would. Unfortunately they found that wickes had misdelivered numerous items and missed lots out all together. Wickes had delivered a bathroom without: a shower enclosure, a shower door, a toilet cistern, an extractor fan (a fancy one the design consultant had specifically upsold us to), a towel rack and a cracked mirror. The store rang me to inform me that I needed to send evidence of the incorrect parts, I was at work and confused - the design consultants had ordered the parts, I didn't know what was right/wrong - I said I believed they should be able to revisit the original booking/quote and order the correct parts. I then asked if this would delay completion of the project and the store said no but when I asked if the parts would be delivered today (as it was the scheduled completion day) she put me on hold then hung up. The store then didn't answer when I called and I send my design consultant multiple emails to no reply. The builders had to leave me without a working shower, no extractor fan and a bucket to flush the toilet with - not what you want when you've spent almost £10,000. I then received no correspondence for 5 days, when I spoke to the head office team out of desperation was shocked to learn that the parts hadn't even now been ordered so there was no end in sight to the struggle. A week after the builders had left I was told the parts would be delivered the following week apart from the shower enclosure which once again required me to send a picture of it being incorrect to get the right one. I was emailed at 1:41pm saying if I could reply by 2 they could get it by Tuesday. Sadly I was at work so this wasn't possible so now it seems as if these works will be pushed into a fifth week. I am currently dealing with this with Wickes and am looking forward to what I can only assume will be a substantial discount due to this series of errors but just wanted to warn anybody, please don't use this company if you want a bathroom with a shower and toilet. I understand mistakes happen but I'm exceedingly shocked at the lack of urgency demonstrated by Wickes once these mistakes were identified. This is the Cricklewood store - one to avoid!
Why is it each time I visit Wickes to ask for a particular colour of paint to be mixed the answer is sorry our mixing machine is " out of order". Shan't be going there again , back to my first choice! Last visit Saturday 10th Sep.
Great service to begin with. Over ordered some flooring, returned some. Refund fiasco. Meeting with the Manager at Newmarket very entertaining. He gets 5 stars for sarcasm.
Ordered £400 of timber a week ago. Was supposed to receive a text the night before delivery. Didn't happen. Rang the rotherham store at 7am when they opened to be told Citysprint would be delivering and i would get a text when they were loaded. Didn't happen. Had a day off work for absolutely nothing.
Jon a designer came to look at my kitchen with a view to doing a design for me. He was extremely rude, sighed a lot and complained about my kitchen being small. Laughed at me. Then insulted me by asking did I have money to pay for it. He actually asked if I had the money, three times. Very intimidating and uncomfortable. Immediately reported him. I’m a single women and I felt embarrassed and uncomfortable. The customer service girl, Chloe was lovely when I rang up to complain and say I would never use them. The designer was arrogant and intimidating.
Placed an order online, main part of which came from a branch 17 miles away, despite there being a larger branch within 7 miles of my location. Goods were wrong, despite Order Confirmation, so driver returned them to branch. No action from branch and my calls to them remained unanswered throughout afternoon and evening. Emailed Customer Service, who told me branch would ring me 'as soon as possible within next 24 hours'. No response from branch or follow up from CS, so spent all day trying to get through to branch, with phone ringing out every time. Finally gave up and rang CS to request refund, which was swiftly completed, so good to know at least one person at Wickes knows how to answer a telephone and use a keyboard. Inevitably, things will go wrong from time to time, but what separates good suppliers from bad is the way in which they respond. From director level to shop floor, Wickes clearly don't care about their customers. Never again!
They get half a star as some of their products seem good. The process, the people, the communication and the standard of work is shoddy at best. Avoid at all costs.
Ordered £600 plus of wood to build decking and pergola 2 weeks ago, have been delivered twice four bent main posts, customer service are total joke, they tell you untruths to get you off the phone (fulfil their quota of calls ?) no one rings you back, branches blame each other and head office, they send texts saying goods will be delivered today and then don't arrive (2 x) wasted days off work to revive goods, paying workmen to do nothing as cannot proceed with work without main posts . A separate van has been twice to pick up the banana shaped posts, but doesn't bring replacements ( as cannot be done like that apparently !) Obviously no quality control when goods are sent out. No compensation, offered £10 gift voucher from "Customer service". Will never use Wickes online again, total shambles and joke of a company.
Started a job in May but almost 2 weeks in I was being dug out for what I was or was not doing . On my first review I was reduced to tears and my second I had personal comments said.., furthermore it was brutal and I’m in my 50s. I felt they were being unprofessional which literally from the get go switched me off. I was accused of not having experience but the truth is I do but I had already switched off by this time and was unhappy everyday. The training is rubbish although they brag it’s good and it is really clicky. The only good bit was the pay which was fair. Eventually I fail my probation but boy am I glad to be out of there.
Poor company lots of bullying of there staff I worked there not for long they did not even pay me for the 8 weeks I did for them they paid me a weeks wage's for 8 weeks work I had to chase them for the rest even get legal advice and get them to contact them for the rest of my wages there is no air conditioner in the shop but they still expect you to work your socks off poor management useless store manager the best thing I ever did was leave poor wage's how they treated this nice chap who works there was discussing he's in his 70 s come out of retirement to just make a little bit extra money and they bullied this chap I was shocked my self when I saw it I Hurt my back and they still tried to push me avoid this poor bullying company at all costs don't work for the Oxford store horrible company don't make the same error I did
*AUGUST 2022 UPDATE* Wickes 'Customer Relations' are worse than useless; they've actually made the whole process 100% more painful. They are not there to help the customer but to deny any responsibility for all the utterly substandard work they eventually did. (see below). They ignore any points and ignore questions I have raised - No doubt in line with their training. We were roundly ignored until I submitted reviews here, TrustPilot and to Google Reviews. I have included just a snippet of the latest of 40+ e-mails (see pic) that have passed between Wickes and myself over the last 4 months and as you can see they claim legal exemption for EVERYTHING: The latest problem is a poorly secured sink outlet pipe THEY INSTALLED meaning water is collecting and bending the pipe, therefore it is not draining (see pic). I don't understand how the plumbing in a sink unit purchased and installed by them is not included in the contract?!? I guess they have never hear of the term "implied terms". Were we lucky and other customers just have a sink that empties directly onto the floor? Possibly. If I ask them about his they will totally ignore my point...Seriously, they're worse than a ChatBot. BTW, the Wickes plumber that arranged to come and see about repairs today didn't actually turn up. *SHOCK!* I wish we'd read some of these other reviews before engaging with this medically cretinous, borderline criminal outfit. DO NOT GO NEAR THEM FOR ANYTHING. *DO NOT USE FOR BATHROOM INSTALLATIONS* Truly awful experience with Wickes that we are still having issues with since purchasing a new bathroom from them LAST SUMMER (2021). They promise that all products, design and installation will be provided in-house, they will take care of everything: bathroom and louvre doors hung too? Fine, no problem! We have to sort any building work? Nope, they'll handle everything, it will be totally stress free! Too good to be true? Absolutely; oh BTW, we don't have the tiles or louvre doors in the design we worked on, you have to find some. Also, the day before delivery of the suite (TWO DAYS before works begin + FOUR MONTHS after payment) they don't not have our bathtub in stock. But it will be a month later… No stress? Well, guess we'd better find and pay for a matching bath from somewhere and get it delivered within a couple of days…then and have to sort out a refund for the phantom bath we apparently didn't buy yet paid for. No stress? Bullsh!t. Installers (KS Plumbing) were largely uninterested in what designer had promised: no Louvre or main door hanging at all and tried to talk us out of the herringbone pattern we agreed (and they were aware of, having the design several months before). They are so overworked (we waited four months for work to start) that a small setback, quickly rectified, means you miss your slot and are practically begging them to return to the job: our young family (two kids, 5 & 8) had only a working toilet and bathtub in the bombsight of a bathroom for 6 weeks. A sole worker (leaving them short at another job) was left to toil away, tiling unboarded walls with entirely expected results: the house is old and the walls clearly not straight so this shows the total lack of thought, planning and care involved here. Once our patience finally ran out, one last push lasting ONE DAY was made resulting in a very rushed finish (and a toilet so off level they should be professionally ashamed). Yes, I made the mistake of signing it off, but the whole process was so stress-filled and downright exhausting that we not just wanted, but needed it to be over…and as the installers reassured: there is a two year garuntee to fix anything. Of course, once this was done the Wickes (where customer services go to die) nor the installers are no longer really interested in us. Wickes simply toss off any responsibility onto the installers who leave messages to return to drift off into nothingness. When raising an official complaint in Dec '21 apparently this is now in the hands of an 'Installation Manager' that has literally meant…nothing. No contact has been made for the last THREE MONTHS. The utter indifference we've been shown throughout this nightmare has forced us to try to claim back the installation cost via Barclaycard under Sec75. This requires us to find builders to complete an independent report, obviously creating yet more stress and hassle. All of this and the feelings of being cheated and just…anger we're left with, on top of the difficult last couple of years of pandemic has genuinely had a negative impact on our mental health, so thank you Wicked, thank you KS Plumbing. Thank you for making me write this when I should be asleep instead. Well that was long wasn't it? I wish I didn't have so much to write but it is important that others don't make the same mistake as we did. Go ANYWHERE else for your installation, or learn to do it yourself because even that would be less hassle than dealing with these uncaring, indifferent, incompetent grifters.
Wickes 1 star review on 6th August 2022 Wickes 1 star review on 6th August 2022 Wickes 1 star review on 6th August 2022 Wickes 1 star review on 6th August 2022 Wickes 1 star review on 6th August 2022 Wickes 1 star review on 6th August 2022 Wickes 1 star review on 6th August 2022
Will not use Wickes again. A box of tiles I bought through Click and Collect had a tile missing. Because my address isn’t on the system, they can’t post out one tile. Shocking customer service. I have spent over £200 on these tiles, and they can’t or won’t post one tile out. Going to check all the other boxes now.
Placed an order for a Saturday delivery which cost extra! Not only was the delivery not made but the next possible delivery date was for a time when nobody would be available to receive the delivery. This is not the first time wickes have stuffed up on orders I have made with them for delivery. I can honestly say that I will not be going out of my way to promote this company to anyone and can only advise against it.
Ordered kitchen wickes Plymouth fine when ordering and paying then an absolute disgrace no one cares certain managers are sooo rude I think you know who you are it was a disgrace go to wrens I wish I had
waiting for delivery for week they waisting time .and decide to cancle order ,Never will buy from Wickes again
Will never use them again. Terrible customer service. They made multiple errors that had me waiting at home for days for deliveries which never arrived, were delivered to the wrong address, and then were the wrong products. They also never sent me the invoice for the payment and have refused to explain why. They failed to acknowledge any of their mistakes, and did not try to fix it. Actually - they half tried to fix one issue and promosed a delviery of one thing, only again to come back 2 days later and say that it now owuldn't be possible - the day it was supposed to be delivered, the day before builders arrive. I am left with no products the day before builders arrive, and even worse absolutely no compassion or effort to fix their mistakes which have caused serious inconveniences, and now losses due to builders not being able to do their job. Do not shop with them - or if you do, go in person and avoid their online customer service.
Working for Wicks was a good life experience and helped me release the decision that working for this company was a wrong idea. I started work as a lorry driver in class 2. I have to admit that I did not have too many experiences before, but who has when you start? Anyway I would like to express my opinion on this delivery company especially in Crawley. Pusing to the edges by mates. I worked with a lot of mates, everyday different people so I can say who is really pushy and who is not. Most of them are. Pusing started already in the morning when I came to work and my mate said we are already late. I tried to explain drivers' regulation hours but I think it was a waste of time. This mate called his wifi already on the way to the first drop saying that I was late and he will come late. During the day he remad me that we are late and we need to be quick. I say sorry I am not going to kill mysel just because you want to be at home at 14 oclock. Sometimes it happens that as a driver you may take the wrong direction but that would be a delay of 3 minutes. This mate told me “ohh Man that is 5 minutes delay” When we did the last drop I asked the mate if he could put the straps back on tilleges. He says that is ok. At that moment I was thinking that I am responsible for cargo so if the stilleges for some reason will get out of cargo it may kill somebody and I would go to the prison not the mate. When we arrived at the yard I parked up the lorry in front of the company because the yard was full of lorries waiting to be unloaded. I parked a little bit far only a couple of meters out of double yellow lines and the mate asked me what I was doing. I say sorry, but I am not going to park at the double yellow line in front of the company. The mate at the end of day, told me that I am the worst driver ever. Well this mate doesn't even have a driver licence :) On that day we started at 6am and finished at 15:30 so I dont think it was late. Anyway this is just one of many bad examples I've been involved in. Nonsense safety rules This company set up rules for example not allowed to be in cargo space. Not allowed to open bins or curtains without a helmet. No reversing without mate. (Most of them don't want to get out of the cabin, when you ask them they put angry faces up). In order to keep those rules in place the company has on every lorry CCTV to watch their staff. They even watch a tachograph (I don't think they are allowed to do that by law). Anyway in order to be at home at 14 oclock most of them left the door open and climb to the cargo to get boxes down, because most of the boxes are unreachable from the ground. Carrig 2 tonne a day by person Everyday is about carrying boxes to the customers' property by hand. Each day I cared about 2 tunes of bosex that is minimum of tunes 10 tonnes a week. The company is so worried about health and safety but they let the staff carry this amount of weight every week. Nobody cares about joins, muscles, back pain etc. Most of the time you have to carry 1 tonne of boxes to the 3-5 level of flats. Who cares about people? But their company has set up their rules. Just nonsense and on the top you are constantly watched and worry that you will lose your job because when they find out you don't have a helmet on they will kick you out. I left this company because I had enough of this.
Wickes is rated 1.5 based on 1,541 reviews