Best Buy Reviews

Category:
Technology And Computing

Tell us how Best Buy made you happy

Telephone
"We have had the Geek Squad service for a few years, and been very happy when we used them at the Anderson SC store. Today my wife contacted the Geek Squad to help with her computer which is one of the three covered in our contract. Nope, no account for us, so the wife paid $200 for the service. When I got home and found out, I called the Anderson SC store. Sure enough, we have an account until Oct 2019. It is currently Nov 2018. So, to get a refund, I have to call an 800 number. When I finally get thru the layered recorded menus, I get a person that I can't understand. I tried for 10 minutes or so. I have no clue what the person's first language was, so I hung up and called in again. Finally get thru the menus, and again, some guy that I can't even understand his "hello" or whatever he said. I guess we are out the $200, plus the second plan. All I can do now, is find a new service, and not to back to Best Buy again. I spent 30 minutes this evening trying to get thru to someone who spoke English at Best Buy. Nope, you can't get there from here!"
Are you Best Buy? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Best Buy receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"I use to feel sorry Best Buy for the obvious of it soon filling for bankruptcy. We decided to give them some business and buy a fridge from them. Including paying them to move our old fridge out. The fridge was completely empty and ready to be unplugged and moved out. Except they FAILED to tell us the delivery instructions, that you have to have the water line unplugged. They also didn't include this as a requirement for home deliveries. The delivery driver came into my home and said he couldn't complete the delivery and called their 1800# to cancel the delivery. I requested a few minutes to allow me to unplug the fridge and the driver refused and told the rep on the phone that he was leaving and he wasn't going to wait the 2 minutes it takes to unplug the fridge. The 1800# rep was not cooperating and let the driver leave when the task was so simple and I was willing to unplug the fridge myself. Made me waste an entire day of work to wait for a delivery when they didn't do anything."
"Nothing has gone right! Purchased 3 appliances the refrigerator had to be returned twice because they kept delivering damaged ones. Bought two computers one lasted 3 years the other they said there was no warranty when there was one, after 3 visis they repaired it still didnt work and then Geek Squad recommended a part I didnt need till finally I fixed it myself! I then had to take the part back. I wasted hours driving back and forth. All the store rep could say was good...so much for taking the time to do customer service right! I will do my business elsewhere!"
"I purchased a washing machine online with an extended warranty. As I did not receive any documentation regarding the extended warranty, I called the Geek Squad for the protection plan number and coverage. It took over 1.5 hours and over EIGHT customer service reps to get some very simple answers. They were unable to send by mail or email any information concerning the extended warranty, and as I had purchased the washer online, I did not have a store to go to for assistance. Horrible, frustrating experience. I just hope I don't have to USE the warranty; I can't imagine what hoops I will have to go through to actually ask for repairs through the warranty."
"ordered a Bosch dishwasher ($967.00) and was told that it was to be delivered 1.5 weeks later. I was given a five hour window then a 12 hour window, then a six hour window, then finally back to a 12 hour window. The day before I had not heard from BestBuy so I called and was told that it would be there between 7 am and 12 noon, delivered and installed. When it didn't arrive I called Best Buy to say that I had to work that evening and was told that it could be as late as 7 pm. They said that nobody at Best Buy would give less than a 12 hour window and I must be mistaken or that it had changed at the last minute. No apologies for my loss of a vacation day from work or for "not showing up at all". They lied to me about the delivery and then said, "just do what everyone else does and get your money refunded when they don't show". Also on your order form, they do not include a telephone number and try to get you just to look at your status online. You will need to search the internet to get a number so that you can wait 20 minutes to speak with a customer rep. They don't want you to contact them. Its been more than 10 years since I last ordered from Best Buy and I thought maybe they had changed. They have not. Customer service is worse today than it ever has been. Feel free to reach out to me for more info as I want everyone to know how awful this company is. They don't care at all about customers. Terrible experience. Go elsewhere."
"I purchased a Dell Inspiron and after 2 returns to Dell and customer service hanging up on me 5 times in an hour I went Best Buy. They installed a generic form of Windows 10 without the Dell support attached. Yahoo! The best part is that they listened to me and did not charge me. Thanks to Henry and Dan at the Southlands store in Aurora, CO. The computer is currently running like a dream."
"Free is always great..."
"I purchased a Best Buy gift card for my Mother to purchase a new cell phone. We went to our local Best Buy at 4413 Birkland Place, Easton, PA 18045 and were taken care of by Patrick. Everything went well with our selection and purchase until we tried to pay for the cell phone with the gift card. We were informed by Patrick that we could not purchase a cell phone with a gift card. I checked the gift card and there were no such restrictions listed. I do find it hard to believe Best Buy would place such restrictions on their gift cards, but Patrick checked with a supervisor who said the same. I was going to make the purchase with my debit card and then decided not to spend my money at Best Buy. We left and purchased the same phone at WalMart. Unfortunately I now have a Best Buy gift card that I really don't want."
"Very poor customer service. 5 calls to them and not one did as they said. Stupid representatives with bad attitudes. First online purchase with them. Will never buy from Best Buy again. Defective merchandise too large to return without pick up from them. No one takes care of it or even attempts to. Home Depot, although not perfect, is much better than Best Buy."
"serious service"
"I got my microwave quickly and when my toaster did not get shipped they refunded my moiney quickly."
"Greeted as you arrive. Asked what I needed and then as I walked across to the area I am again greeted knowing what I need as they used headsets to pre inform so I didn’t have to ask again. No pushy up sell. Just understood what I wanted. Quick professional polite sale. Perfect."
"My $1000 dell laptop had Microsoft windows on it. During an update a month ago the computer just hung up, meaning I couldn't do anything but watch the dell logo move in circles. Stopped at best buy and they took it and tried to repair it for a total bill of $355. Well that didn't work and now I had a big paperweight plus a new external hard drive that I had to buy. Gee now I have two external hard drives. Well then the Geek Squad took my laptop and for a $35 sent it to be diagnosed. Diagnosis came back with "you need a new Motherboard" for $500. I said NO, and went to Best Buy days later to get my very expensive paperweight. I bought a new $1000 laptop for my business with the protection plan. Now I am out $1300! While waiting for that to be delivered, I happened to speak with a friend of mine that tinkers with computers so he took a look at my old one. In a matter of 5 minutes he had removed Microsoft Windows 10 and had my Dell computer running just fine on Linux. So the next call was to the Geek Squad to cancel my order for a new one. I also contacted Microsoft to request an address for the office that will pay my bills because their stupid windows 10 cost me time, aggravation and money. After the laughter stopped I hung up. Dell was no help whatsoever. So I am done with Geek Squad's so called experts that got me for some of my hard earned dollars but not the big enchilada."
"My latest order from BestBuy arrived in only 1 day and the price was slightly better than Amazon. BestBuy has made a lot of changes to compete with Amazon and they are doing a great job. I have recently been shopping a lot more with BestBuy online."
"price was excellent, product performed as advertised"
"I tryed to buy a Mac air in the store and strangely they dont accept international credit cards, I was receiveing a weird message of "amount above pin limit" and people from the store was useless and didnt have a clue of how to help. I them move to the website and purchase from my cell phone inside of the store using the same credit card. All of this to say that we might not need physical stores anymore."
"told the truth about the cooker"
"VERY HELPFUL AND HAD REALLY GOOD SALE PRICES. REALLY NICE GROUP OF PEOPLE IN MURFRESSBORO. TN."
"They price matched!"
"Great selection and friendly staff. Delivery was fast and professional."
Best Buy is rated 3.09 based on 57 reviews