Virgin Media Reviews

Returns & Refunds
Refunds Process
Difficult

Tell us how Virgin Media made you happy
Never in my life have I ever encountered worse service by such a globally renowned company. They should actually be ashamed of themselves. I joined virgin for their ultimate USP- super fast fibre optic broadband. And based on previous experience with them 8 years ago (although in a different city) the diagnostic/customer service seemed top notch. I was horribly mistaken I joined with sales team late December 2020 and they gave me an installation date on the first week of February 2021. I took an unpaid day off work for this, and the engineer didn’t turn up. He didn’t even have the decency to call me and let me know. Called up the customer service line (which connected me to the Philippines- funny how they connect you to the UK when you join and then overseas when you have a problem?!) she couldn’t even give me a reason as to why he didn’t turn up, but she rescheduled 2 weeks later. I had my installation 2 days ago and took another unpaid day off work, initially the service engineer arrived (Amit) took one look at the inside of my house and then the outside, then got in his van and drove off without telling me. He text me to explain that the cable hasn’t been installed and so he cannot start the connection. So I frantically called him, he didn’t pick up at first but he did eventually. Then he told me that he could use my neighbours connection and join with mine and drove back. He came into my house for the set up and wreaked of alcohol, I asked him a bunch of questions regarding how to use the TV box, most of which he had no idea about. I asked him to set up my TVs and my TP links around my house with the internet, and check my internet connection around the house too. He told me he didn’t know how to do that and he would send a service engineer the next day and I should call him on his private mobile number the next morning to confirm the time they will come. Based on my interaction with this engineer I knew this wouldn’t happen, I had no trust in him and to be honest I just wanted him out of my house as he wreaked of alcohol and I couldn’t bare it any longer. As predicted, the next morning I tried to call Amit on multiple occasions and he did not pick up, I found it odd and quite unprofessional that he asked me to call him on his personal number, this raised red flags anyway. So now I have my virgin internet which is not connected around the house, the TP links are not connected, which I was promised they would be at the time of installation. And My sky router still seems to be active when I was promised this would be disconnected bf virgin at the time of installation. And I have no idea what’s happening with my phone lines. If I’m using virgin or sky phone line So now I need to spend another hour on hold to be connected to a customer service rep overseas, and take another day off work for a service engineer to come back again and finish the job Amit had started. I would give zero stars for this company if I could, they are disgusting.
We have been without our Internet connection for 13 days now, and counting. When they installed it, they put the outside wire right across our front garden's path, an inch or so above the ground - yep, like a tripwire. And so, it inevitably got tripped over and pulled out, by a workman. To cut a very, very, very long and frustrating story short, we've been on the phone to them almost every day since, for at least half an hour at a time (today's record was 1 hr 7 mins, then they hung up on us during the hold music, my partner's on hold again now as I type). Two engineers have turned up, looked at it, and said that's not the bit of the connection they work on, so they can't do anything - despite us explaining exactly what the issue is to Virgin on the phone before a workman is booked. One said he'd book the right workman to come the next day - no one showed up. The next said the same, again, no one came. Virgin have volunteered next to no information around any of these appointments that we haven't had to phone up for and squeeze out of them. Meanwhile, we're buying bolt ons for our mobile hotspots (we're not with Virgin, thank god) and homeschooling and working via our mobile phone's connection. "Incompetent" doesn't cut it. It's unbelievable. The people you end up speaking to simply don't have the training or tools to help you, and can never put you through to a manager, so we're stuck in a futile loop of sheer frustration (and repetitive hold music). Please, please, PLEASE do not use this company for anything. They do not deserve a decent, loyal, paying and patient customer like you.
Everything. Slow wifi, they then broke, 4 days to get engineer out, still slow wifi (but better than none i suppose). Neighbours also have same issues, and engineer confirmed ‘noise’ issues they need to fix. Meantime no refund for no wifi - was resolved by ‘education’ - what on how to fix shoddy cabling in pavement.
It a shame I have to give this sham a single star, in these times of lockdown my vulnerable 81 year old mother’s mobile is her only point of contact and virgin mobile allowed her contract phone that costs £6.33 a month for 300 mins to accumulate an extra £131 before they blocked outgoing calls, but it only costs 67p a month extra for unlimited minutes, they should be ashamed of themselves but the won’t be, apparently they text but she does not understand texting but did not bother to email as I receive the bills via email and would have dealt with it but that way they would have been down £131 this month, in 8 years my mother has never gone over her allotted minutes so perhaps that might have been flagged up but no just allow the bill to get £125 more than usual. Disgraceful.
They keep telling me a virtual engineer will ring me back to sort out my problem 3 times I've done this the ring back has never happened awful
Please sign this petition for Virgin media so that government & parliament can review their way of dealing with customers. https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/575394/sponsors/new?token=FYm1zC3feVYHRVr3XQOV Extremely Bad customer services, all calls taken in Philipines, order managers sitting in the Philippines, start work after 2 pm (UK) time, engineers don't appear on actual site and just send reports without checking, calls are transferred from one department to another until you get frustrated and then hang up, this company should be banned from providing services in the UK, we should all report them to Trading Standards & Companies house for false trading and extortion of monies through terms & conditions binding customers in contracts and no service standards what so ever.
I would rather have COVID-19 than deal with this shitty internet
Waited on the phone in line for 50 minutes, transferred to another department 20 minutes waiting.. Trying to change package.. Can't So leaving.. Going to sky
The staff are rude and lie im cancelling this service with them over 2 hours on the phone so rude
No internet since Wednesday 10th Feb 2021 in UB5. Expected to stay down till Monday 15th Feb. No customer support at all. Same last month for 3 days.
Patchy service. When they cocked up my bill I asked them to resolve it. 6 month later I was still waiting. Took it to Cisas who ordered a £40 compensation which Virgin ignored. Last bill money withheld but they are still up on me by some £20... avoid!
WiFi drops out 13-20 times a day just awful!
Avoid Virgin Media at all costs! Unfortunately they almost monopolise the marketplace and therefore people have no choice but to stay with them despite the terrible customer service and numerous faults I hear from friends and family. In my case I went months over Christmas with no TV. They still charged me for it and have not offered me a refund. Everytine I phone, I hit deadends with promises of call backs that never actually happen. I consider them a useless joke of a company.
DO NOT JOIN VIGIN MEDIA. TOTAL BUNCH OF CROOKS. THEY CHANGE YOUR PACKAGE WITH OUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND NO MEANS OF CHANGING IT ON YOUR ACCOUNT EITHER. YIOU CAN ADD A PACKAGE BUT NO MEANS OFF TAKING OFF SERVICES THAT NOT ORDERED> I WOULD SAY TO ALL CUSTOMERS LOOKING TO JOIN VIRGIN MEDIA IS TO THINK TWICE AND MY ADVISE TO YOU IS -AVOID AVOID AVOID VIRGIN MEDIA.
Trying to cancel my service as we're moving out of the country. There is no method to complete this online. Upon calling I remain on hold for 20-30 min before speaking with some one. Today alone I have been hung on 4 times with no call back. When able to speak with someone I have been transferred multiple times, each time I must give all of my account details and repeat the need to cancel. I am still unable to cancel my service.
Do not hire that service, I did and I regret too much. Try to change my address service that was not possible and I was forced to cancel and pay a fee to cancel it. The worst customer service, trust me do not hire it!
2-3 times a day you will lost connection To restart router it will take you 15-20 mins Don’t even bother yourself to call them - you’ll have no luck to reach anyone. Super annoying when you working from home.
I have had problems with my recording so I rang 150 and spoke to someone in India who could not help as my problem was not on his page on the script on the computer so was told to switch off the box and ring back tomorrow and then the day after gonna be quicker to cancel the direct debit then see how quickly it’s solved
Wanting to upgrade my package although took ages to get through to person they were very helpful on changing my deal and getting a good price
Non existent service. No internet for 2 days, called each day, takes an hour on the phone, lied to, zero results, they dont care, a complete shambles, the most disgusting customer service ever they should be ashamed.
Virgin Media is rated 1.17 based on 1,293 reviews