Virgin Media Reviews

Returns & Refunds
Refunds Process
Difficult

Tell us how Virgin Media made you happy
Appalling company to deal with! Avoid at all cost! They don't even deserve one star!!!
Worst worst worst service ever . They disconnected my mother who has dementia by mistake , it took 11 days and hours upon hours of my time and speaking to many many people ,some who blatently lied to me some who didn't do what they said they would do. With the exception of Jordan everyone was incompetent. They totally disregarded my mom's vunerability ,I do not know how people like my mother cope without the likes of myself to persevere. To top it all they have charged her to reconnect what they disconnected and I have spent another hour trying to sort it. I wrote a letter of complaint but have been ignored. If it wasn't for my mother's condition I would switch tomorrow but she can't cope with change . Avoid at all costs ,worst customer service EVER.
Hi there!If I could I would give them a zero. I'm really disappointed with Virgin Media, my friend is with them since 1998 and she paid 139£ for the biggest bundle. Her contract has finished and what they offered for her as a loyal customer was 131£ as renewable contract. Are they serious? Ripping of a pensioner? Can't downgrade? Can't give to their loyal customer a cheaper price, but for new customers they give 79.94£ discount? What kinda company business is this? This is utterly disgusting! The greediness leads to losses if they go the way they going! My friend will be with Sky and she will pay 45£/month, with far better services. S you can see there's a difference between 139£ and 45£. In these times every little helps as they say! They lost a loyal customer who won't go back to them anymore. Be careful with them!
Tried for nearly 2hours to get through to anyone a 93year old relative who had her cable cut by workman and is without TV or telephone. Very disappointed this is the way vulnerable elderly are treated. Goodness knows how she would have navigated through the nonsense if we were not here to help. We are computer literate but there is no easy contact for help. Why can't you have a designated telephone or website for engineering problems, and if you bother to go on your chat room you will find we are not alone with the same issues.
I'll never recommend Virgin Media . 1. It is very difficult to get hold of them. 2. My contract agreement was for £32 a month. after few months I discovered that it went up few ponds and again till it reached £74 a month. 3. When I decided to cancel and leave to another provider in January 2021, they contacted me to offer me a new contract, £35 a month and promise not to change the price for 18 months. When I logged in to "My Virgin Media" account few days ago, I found that the package has changed! They will charge £48.17. I never agreed or asked to change it. I've been trying to call customer services all day with no luck. email and chat suggests to call. Very frustrating .
I joined Virgin in November. Since then I have been lied to, overcharged, had promised calls back but never received. I requested under GDPR subject access request( SAR) transcripts of my telephone calls. First request acknowledged and committed to send. Still not received and the 30 day time frame has now lapsed so Virgin breaking the law. Second request refused. I have NEVER received such bad levels of service from any provider I have ever dealt with. I would definitely not recommended lying to a customer seems to be a cultural thing with Virgin. Who apparently are also above the law.
My mum was with Virgin for 20 years, rinsed her of as much money as they could. Customer service is terrible with no one genuinely wanting to help. TV would never would work, wifi never worked. Hands down the worst company my mum has ever had to deal with. They don’t care if something goes wrong and just want to rinse you for as much money as they can before you leave, I guess it’s like a modern day scam.
Absolutely lowest standard of customer service. Long hold times to either be transferred of cut off. Most of the staff are dishonest. They have breached my GDPR rights. They now claim I owe money but haven't told me what for and passed on my details to debt collectors without informing me. I could write a book about my hellish customer experience
Poor customer service. Very confusing to cancel the contract I got a contract for 18months because the price was really good. But in the end, it seems to be more expensive. When I initially started the contract, I asked what would it happen if I cancel before the end on the 18months. They said I could move my services to the new flat or cancel paying a disconnection fee of maximum 50% of the current monies left. Well, now that it is happening is another story. I have 6 months left. They cannot supply internet where I go (Brighton, odd). And basically they are saying: one month needs to be paid to have the services on until I leave which is understandable. That is £23.95. But the following 5 months the disconnection fee is £106.38, which is £21.27 per month!! Nearly the same I am paying to have the service! On top of that. It is impossible to speak to an agent on the phone. Every time I want to speak to an agent I need to spend 15-20min chatting to a machine, and then depending o the issue an agent would appear, which replies every several minutes. I never receive clear information, so confusing. I have spent literally 1 hour chatting to cancel my services. And I still need to send the router to them to avoid a fine. Summary. Never getting Virgin Media again.
AVOID VIRGIN LIKE COVID ! AVOID VIRGIN LIKE COVID !! The broadband service is atrocious, every month the service is cut off & have to phone them which takes nearly an hour to have service reinstated that then takes approximately 3 hours!! This has happened 3 months in a row !! The most atrocious corporate bunch of cowboys. Will never renew with them when contract ends, they don’t deserve to be in business !!
My husband is literally trying to get thru as i type, he was put on hold, and the customer rep said she was transferring him to the rite dept, then another rep phoned him whilst on hold which he answered, and basically virgin have terrible customer relations, clearly have very little training, dont know much about anything that is trying to solve the problem, i.e phone has dial tone and can make calls and can make the calls however the routers are not strong enough to make my phone actually ring, so basically dont know when someone is phoning us, the actual phone has been tested and is perfectly fine, we have put into port 2 etc, all the diagnostics have been done, the individuals are not at fault the actual company is, terrible media company
I made the mistake of purchasing their broadband. £28 a month for: slow download speeds, intermittent connection and the wifi just going down altogether every now and then. I have complained a total of four times so far and have no resolution. In fact, Virgin Media just out right lie stating that they have attempted to call me, but I never have a missed call from them. They also emailed me to say that it was their fault and they were sending an engineer, and one never showed up. Once my year contract is up I will be leaving and never recommending Virgin Media to any friends or family.
Shocking to increase my bill without informing customers
Virgin are appalling, the worst company I've dealt with in a long time, their customer service representatives lie through their teeth and refuse to admit when they have made a mistake. Currently waiting for the end of my contract and I'm off to Sky
Everything.. worst service I’ve ever experienced anywhere.
Though the speeds are are advised at 100 mbps , I get an average of 10MBPs. Customer services team tells me that the only way I can get any better speed is to go wired to make it marginally better. I was with Sky fibre and I bet I was atleast getting 30Mbps. Worst service delivery and customer service. You are stuck with them till your contract expires. Still wondering why I switched .
Very poor cannot get an Engineer. Wifi constantly cutting off. When they called me to sell another package, I complained and they hung up on me. Really shoddy.
Have given VM one star if I could give this company minus five I would. Worst service delivery and customer service ever. Awful company in every respect, just glad I am now free and will never contract with Virgin Media again.
wifi cuts out 14 times a day and vigin never return any of my calls, they don’t give the refunds that they have promised over and over again please don’t get this wifi they are scamming you
I was planning to leave Virgin Media in October, than after talking to their dedicated team we have agreed a deal. After a few months I have realised that they were charging me for totally different amount. I complained on the 21st of January and they said they will investigate it. I have been waiting since than. I have called them today and been told that the complaint is still open and somehow they can not see the deal they offered had been accepted therefore they can not honour the deal. If you can't see any deal achieved why would you keep a complaint open and keep charging a higher amount? Totally unprofessional and unreliable . Stay away !
Virgin Media is rated 1.17 based on 1,350 reviews