Sarah Raven Reviews

of reviewers recommend Sarah Raven
Read Sarah Raven Reviews

About Sarah Raven:

Sarah Raven’s Kitchen and Garden is the online shop from the renowned TV presenter and garden and food writer Sarah Raven. We are a well-established company who sell all you need for a beautiful and productive garden. Our range is unique because Sarah’s expertise and passion is behind everything we sell. Sarah trials all the products in our range, from the veg seeds to the cut flower plants so only the very best performers make it onto our website. We also stock a range of best-selling exclusive products that you won’t find anywhere else.

info@sarahraven.com

1 Woodstock court
Blenheim Road

Tell us how Sarah Raven made you happy
Excellent delivery time, plants very well packed and in great condition. I will use this service again.
I can't begin to tell you how happy I am with the order I received from Sarah Raven. A friend introduced me to the website. I ordered some sweet pea. They came well packaged, larger than most plants I have received this summer. They are healthy. Very happy indeed. Now ......... let's watch them grow!
I ordered some slug wool pellets from Sarah Raven on 23 May and whilst the payment was taken swiftly and processed, the order no. 1745089 has still not arrived. Impossible to speak to anyone and email response blamed Covid19 and reduced customer Team for lack of information. Most unsatisfactory. Don’t know if I shall ever see the goods and I needed the slug pellets weeks ago! They have now wreaked havoc on my plants! I shall never order from SR again! And warn others not to do so either.
Anne Knight
20 June 2020
Hit and miss with orders recently, some plants great and growing really well others like my much waited for dahlias a re disappointment the 3litre size not the pushy health plants I was expecting, a single shoot about 5cms tall! Leaves damaged and eaten ,ones covered in small bugs too.
I think they have over expanded.
Ordered hanging basket plug plants in April, arrived in great condition at the beginning of May as expected (despite Covid) and all plants have grown into healthy beautiful plants, my baskets look lovely! I've also ordered salvias, geraniums and dahlia tubers in the past and all plants were really strong and healthy and have established really well and keep coming back year after year. Can't recommend Sarah Raven enough!
Order number 1684276. How lovely to open the Telegraph this morning and to see Sarah Raven’s smug face smiling at me from her beautiful garden - whilst her over promoted business takes advantage of thousands of disappointed customers during Covid 19. When I placed my order with Sarah Raven over a month ago the plant was showing as ‘in stock’, which means, by their own terms, it should have been available for dispatch within 2-4 weeks.
So where is it?! Apparently ‘poor’ Sarah Raven has had so many orders that they are overwhelmed and massively delayed in fulfilling them. Unlike more responsible - and less greedy - online plant sellers, Sarah Raven did not start to restrict their daily order numbers to ensure a reasonable delivery time. As many have stated here, and with one or two other online plant suppliers, Sarah Raven has also totally shut down the ability to communicate with them in any reasonable way. Emailing them, as I have, yields no response. However we all note that they are dedicating staff time in order to reply to (or I am sure delete) bad reviews. Disgraceful. You should be concerned about your customers waiting for weeks on end for deliveries. So Sarah, I would like you to fulfil my order please? Stop using Covid19 as an excuse for disgusting service. You are not key workers. You sell plants. Stop being greedy and get on with it. I will now be writing to the Telegraph, Gardeners’ World and other publications to point them to all the terrible reviews and to show them how greedy and grabbing Sarah Raven’s business is in taking more orders than it can fulfil and that her media image is not at all what her business represents.
WARNING. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM SARAH RAVEN.
First time user of Sarah Raven, and placed 2 orders, for container plants and collections. I will use SR again, but have learnt lessons along the way - collections just didn't work for me, grew at different rates, Buy the jumbo plants if I can afford (if not available , buy something else-the smallest cuttings, too small, 1 died within a week, having been very dry on arrival, and are very difficult to handle. However, positives - learnt I could put plants much closer in a container than I thought, also there are some really good plants which I bought 'because I liked the colour' and will buy again. Delivery was least been intermittent with orders coming at 1/2 plants at a time, but I suspect lots of customers like me, booked on line rather than locally. Some arrived vey dry, since rest in container were fine may the problem was SR and not the Postal service.
My order comprised of living primroses and verbena. These were posted separately by Royal Mail 24 ( so posted at the right time for the plants) and both sets of plants arrived in excellent condition. Normally if I buy plants, I get them "fresh" from a garden centre, but these arrived in excellent condition, in good time and it was hard to find these in my local garden centres, (and of course they are closed at the moment). The instructions for planting are easy to find on their website I would happily order anything from them.
All bulbs received have been excellent packaging too and recyclable, looing forward to spring.
well saarah raven
dahlias are outstanding purchest dahlias
this year wow islander tuber .pen hill.
realy sarah raven dahlias are best tubers flowers i have ever had in flower now islander .
has to be 9 ins flower have taken photos
would love to sent photos to her
show quolity
max jones
pembrokeshire wales
I can't rate Sarah Raven's bulbs and plants highly enough. They are of a very high quality. Our garden this Spring and Summer is a picture.
Plants ordered in March still not arrived even though when I contacted customer services who said they would send them out priority. Some of these plants were for a spring border do thats not going to happen now. As a gardener planning your garden is something to enjoy now devastated that my garden isnt going to look like it should..besides the money paid in March not to receive the plants is really upsetting. I am also waiting for part of another order. I think Sarah Raven needs to take control as her business is starting to go downhill fast.
Ordered plants in March received email 9th May saying plants on way by 1st class Royal Mail.....not arrived a week later customer services said they would send them out priority..still not arrived Some of these plants were for a Spring border so that is now no longer happening too late. The other plants were for window boxes these should be planted and growing on now. Absolutely gutted my garden wont look like I had planned. No more using Sarah Raven
All excellent plants which arrived in good order and performed perfectly
Replaced the dying wallflower plugs when I phoned them. Sadly the replacements also died. These were a primrose colour. I treated the apricot plugs in the same way and they are thriving.
Can’t be bothered to phone again.
Superb service and product quality.
I've been a Sarah Raven customer for very many years. In fact most of my terracotta, my garden furniture, obelisks, 90% of my plants and even compost (Silvagrow) has come from Sarah Raven, plus my secateurs, vases and many books (Sarah Raven Wildflowers is much treasured). This has been a very challenging year with late frosts, even snow in late Spring, then drought, now excess rain....yet my Sarah Raven plants, existing and new, have all flourished. The pelargoniums this year have been especially wonderful, stilll in flower at late September. The bulb delivery has just arrived, beautifully presented as always with the excellent instruction book. I recommend Sarah Raven most highly.
After bad experience with two other garden mail order companies I am even more loyal to Sarah Raven who, along with the equally superb David Austin Roses, is the only mail order I will use now. Both are in a league way above others
Got email yesterday to notify me that my bulbs were on their way; these arrived today, beautifully packed, very healthy looking bulbs as always, exceptionally good illustrated planting booklet, plus £5 voucher off next order as "thank you", superb. 100% quality,value and customer service. Definitely 5 plus stars!!
Once in a while I've been tempted by other garden mail order companies, but none hold a candle to Sarah Raven. Quite simply Sarah Raven plants, garden sundries, vases, books, etc offer the very best selection and the best value for money of all. Customer service is excellent, plants arrive fresh as a daisy looking as though they've just been watered, and are inevitably healthy. The collection of pots, obelisks and even garden furniture (bought fabulous bistro set at beginning of summer) outshine all other companies. Sarah is clearly passionate about selecting the best and ensuring her customers are getting the best. Cannot praise enough
Sarah Raven is rated 4.00 based on 55 reviews