CeX Reviews

Refunds Process
Difficult
Returns Process
Could Be Better

Tell us how CeX made you happy
CeX 5 star review on 20th July 2020
CALLUM
CeX 1 star review on 18th November 2019
CALLUM
More Photos & Videos
would not recommend buying from here , my item came completely broken and they did not offer a replacement even tho it had a guarantee . over all bad experience. do not buy from here
They no longer seem to be checking whether items are in good condition or even work properly when buying things from people.
We've purchased two very expensive Xbox One controllers and they've both been faulty/damaged/missing original pieces.
Customer services have no connection to the people sending things out.
If you can inspect the item in store then that might work, but ordering online from them is a raffle.
Sent an Xbox one off with some games to sell ( was using the voucher and paying and extra 30 to upgrade to Xbox one s)

Took 4 weeks and multiple emails to finally get my voucher. I knew I’d have to wait due to covid, but was quoted 2 weeks by the lady at customer service.

In a rush ordered the wrong item, the Xbox itself was perfect but didn’t come with the original controller. So I emailed and asked if I could just pay the difference in package price and send the controller back for the proper one to be sent out.....

You would of thought I had asked for them to sign the business over to me, I was meet with the policy wall. I tried explaining it seemed very anti-productive to send the whole order back (wait another 4 weeks?) to re order the correct package. But no one seemed to understand this or just didn’t care.

Tried to complain but the ‘manager’ was even more useless and seemed to give less of a s**t than others I spoke to.

Have decided to speak to ombudsman and will not be using Cex again.
Ordered a HDD was sent won't disk and it was dead!
- fake reviews on mainstream sites eg google / trustpilot
- will do anything to ignore retail law and avoid having to refund
- remember your bank can charge a transaction back even if CeX refuse to refund. they think they can make their own rules up eg 'you can only have store credit'. i had to follow this route after getting nowhere with customer services.
I wanted to sell my ps4 pro. got a price quoted by cex online, printed my label off etc, packed it well. Posted it friday got there monday. Got paid by bank transfer on Friday and thats in covid.
Don't know what all the complaints are about. Amazing service.
Stuck to their word, maybe people are not using good packaging etc. Ignore the complaints, people will always complain. Cex are the Best! And no im not an employee.
MUY MUY MUY DECEPCIONANTE EXPERIENCIA…
MUY MUY MUY DECEPCIONANTE EXPERIENCIA CON CeX España. Impactante.

Los auriculares comprados de CeX en Cádiz para mi iPhone 7 cuestan 15 euros y luego, un par de semanas después, dejaron de funcionar debido a daños internos.

Regresé a la tienda para quejarme, luego los auriculares originales se cambiaron por auriculares muy viejos que cuestan 12 euros, después de un día o dos me di cuenta de que los auriculares que obtuve de la tienda a cambio eran de muy mala calidad, así que pregunté en la tienda muchas veces y contacté a la oficina central para obtener otro reemplazo o me devolvieron mi dinero (15 euros) y luego la sede confirmó por escrito por correo electrónico que los auriculares que tengo ahora (una vez reemplazados) están en garantía y puedo reemplazarlos nuevamente, pero no pasó nada y la tienda así La sede central de CeX está tratando de convencerme de que esté contento con lo que han reemplazado independientemente de mi satisfacción. De hecho, me dijeron que me están haciendo un favor incluso si soy cliente y estoy comprando con dinero propio, pero eso no significa nada para CeX, ya que comprar en la tienda es un favor para mí. Impactante de nuevo.

Se han negado a devolverme mi dinero o reemplazar los auriculares, incluso bajo garantía.

Si este no es el peor servicio al cliente en el planeta, entonces no sé qué es.
Item bought: Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus 128GB Lilac Purple, EE B

Returned and replaced due to severe screen burn in

Unfortunately I had to return due to severe screen burn in. Half of the screen was permanently shaded purple and included features of a WhatsApp messenger screen at the top and bottom. I returned it and was fully refunded for the item and my postage cost. I used Royal Mail Special Delivery as the value was over £100 and was later refunded by cheque.
I then ordered another similar item of the same Grade B category and am happy with the condition and quality.
It was a lot of hassle but I'm satisfied to have been refunded. I suggest checking the quality of the screen thoroughly when you receive an order.
I sale game online 1.5.20 (fast service and payment)
Weeak later after I left bad review on Trust costumer service informed me
"Thank you for your review.

I wish to inform you that we are processing orders as fast as possible and aim to test and process payments within 14 days, however, due to reduced staffing during the current pandemic, please allow us a time frame of 21 days."

Today is 20.5 and still wayting for my payment.
In April I sent my I phone 8 to C ex after getting an estimate of £208 as it was in mint condition and had never been used without a case and protector screen. After a week contacted them and was told that the phone was being regraded and the offer was now £133 without an explanation. After enquiring was told that there were deep scratches of the face of the phone. I told them that that was not possible as I had taken a picture of the phone before sending it and it showed no damage. The tried to say their engineers were trained and would not damage a phone and suggested it may have occurred in transit. I had packed the phone in two separate boxes and there is no way that would occur. They asked for photos of the phone which I gave them and after e mails back and forward they now ask again for photos and are clearly delaying matters. I have informed them I will contact trading standards and the police re damage to my property. I have since had to sell the phone at a large loss as there is a scratch on the screen. Do not deal with this crowd.
Ordered a wired xbox 360 controller for pc gaming.
Description was very vague and didn't mention which plug it had so I've now had to buy an adaptor.
Controller arrived very dirty which was very gross, and not very reassuring in the current pandemic.
I ordered a phone online as unlocked but found out from my phone provider this was locked to another network. Sent phone back but no update on whether it reached destination. Lucky I sent this via special delivery and having to wait up to 23 days for postage to be refunded. Still waiting! Kept chasing up my refund and had to go another route to get it eventually. Orders shouldn’t be allowed to be made until they are up to date on returns and people selling through them. I wouldn’t make this mistake again!
Will not do anything when I try to reset my password when I click log in nothing happens also few months ago I sold a hard drive that said they would give me £40 6 weeks later they said all they could do was £2 The website is terribly designed and I think a 12 year old with some computer knowledge would be able to do better website designing than this utter trash I have just sent a wii of to them and the email address I put in didn’t exist so I tried to set it to my main one and it doesn’t do anything when I try log in or reset the password so I’ve just lost £80 probably
Totally get that you are working with less staff but why not close orders so you can cope? At the moment you are buying and selling and getting inundated making a pretty poor experience for everyone involved.

It's totally unacceptable to keep taking in orders and trades with no ability to actually complete these in a reasonable and quoted time frame, They are now saying payment will slip from 7 to 14 to 21 days and even then I'm not convinced. ZERO warning on website.

This seems more like a cash flow issue than a staffing issue. They never 'test' games in store just check and pay. I fear they may be struggling for for-fill payments hence delays.

Support only responded as I called them out on Twitter.

In short: Slow Service Poor Customer Service Wont use again and COVID19 excuses only go so far
No stars I would really.
Complete of waste of time never again. I paid for an xbox one console for £180 received it two days after. Tested the computer and it wasn't working the games I tried everything. Wrapped it all up sent it back to royal mail tracked 48. Had to wait 3 weeks for a email and 3 more weeks for a refund. Because they don't do replacements of consoles anymore. What a waste of time I was so angry never again all because of this covid 19. There not paying enough staff to sort out each customers problems. Scraping the barrel as usual cheap skates.
great to deal with usually even when they got an order wrong they were good to deal with refunded me very quickly so i could order the right part which this time they got right great company
In the past i have left a couple great reviews for cex, one for in shop experiences, and one for pack payments after shop experience. well , while we all are affected by the covid etc , i do not see any excuss for the following. no 1 order number 7677202. this was recieved by cex on
15/04/2020 - 10:21 Signed for by: C.CALLUM. Items: 1. WATFORD... i have complained about not hearing anything and asked they make contact to see where we are with payment... i got an email 5:33 AM
Game console arrived broken.

I bought a playstation 2 from CEX online. When it arrived it was rattling and the CD tray was completely stuck closed. The power turned on, aswell as the indicator light for the eject button and the sound of the fan. But the CD tray would not open, so I opened up the system and heard alot of rattling. A few random pieces fell out when I turned it upside down thinking it was a loose screw. But bits of plastic and a brittle piece of putty fell out. I instantly e-mailed CEX for an answer, refund or replacement. (i'd prefer a replacement as I've just bought 10 ps2 games to play) I heard a cookie cutter response and have been told to wait and wait and wait. All I did was purchase a console online and I received a useless lump of plastic and metal which is no good to anyone andpaid for it.

I wanted to see if they'd help out but it's been a couple of weeks with only the advice to wait for a response. That's not the approach you'd take if it were the other way around, I am sure of it.

I didn't want to leave a bad review as it's not normally my style but this service and lack of a resolution is not acceptable and I want to let others know.
I wish I had read some reviews before I brought from these. I took lots of items into Cex for my 11yr old son as he want to save for gaming pc which we were going to buy privately. We had £214 for goods. Staff asked son what he was going to spend money on he said gaming pc. How do i wish we never had that conversation! So long story short we went by the staffs advice and ordered one. Son so happy when it arrived untill we opened box! Which was a bog standard office pc! I was not happy. Took straight back to Cex all I wanted was a refund but as we paid in voucher as was talked into buying from them we couldn't have one even though I was told this was a gaming pc so I had no chose but to add another £220 towards another where I was told was a gaming pc this time but was coming from another shop and being delivered! When arrived son was happy excited even though it wasn't in best of condition even though grade B! 8wks down line the line pc won't update won't reset and has black screen when try any! Been in contact with Microsoft done everything they told us but still don't work. So I'm not happy to say the least and son well he is heart broken and has not gaming pc that works in this period of current lockdown. Sent email to CEX yesterday stating I want a full refund and pick up of this unsable pc. Will keep you updated on answer. Very very disappointed customer.
you gave me a Nintendo 3ds that has scratches all over it and does not function . never being here again.
CeX is rated 2.09 based on 353 reviews