CeX Reviews

Refunds Process
Difficult
Returns Process
Could Be Better

Tell us how CeX made you happy
They sold me a Macbook Pro classification A (mint condition) for £ 698, when I received the product I noticed one of the keyboard wasn't working properly but it didn't bothered me, after all it is a secondhand product, one year later I noticed that the laptop will get uncharged quickly, and saw a message in the screen saying the battery needed service, I took the laptop to one of the shops in shepherd's Bush at the beginning they didn't want to receive the product, they said I needed to send it by mail to the main office, I insisted and they took the laptop, they said they were checking the state of the laptop it took like 3 weeks and after that they said that the laptop had water damage and that the guarantee doesn't cover it. I never used the laptop out of my house, I never spilled water on it, I have been scammed, this people sell damaged products, don't buy anything from them.
Excellent service received my ps5 😆😆
Personally, I have nothing but amazing things to say about CEX. Whenever I had an issue, customer service got back to me ASAP. They were quick with shipping and delivery of the items I ordered. I have ordered many times of this website, in fact i have made about 20 orders in total and all have been great experiences. I am a happy customer and will continue to buy from them
Worst online customer service ever! Brought a PS3 and a load pf games, as well as a PS2 and games. Everything arrived with 3 working days (5 in total as it was the weekend), all except the PS3 console, even though a box with a game in said there was the console in it. Emailed and waited a further 3 days for a response, only to be told it had been sent and i had received it. I had to send a picture of the box it was supposed to arrive in, which was only big enough for the game, and a copy of the invoice. Still had to wait another 2 days for a response. Then im told the store have realised their mistake and send their apologies, and are posting item immediately, with tracking number. Logged into tracking which says next day delivery by 1pm, so im happy. A few days go by and tracking still says royal mail are waiting for item to be sent from store and im told to wait till 23rd Feb. Finally item arrived 10 days after they said they would send out straight away. DO NOT buy online. Its not worth the hassle. Better to wait till the stores are allowed to reopen, or go to a rival, like Game who sent me a gift voucher for £10 because my pre order was delayed by a day in delivery.
This was my first order with Cex, found a PC to replace one I use for work (ordered lunchtime Thursday), bought and paid for online and now waiting for deliery notification .. instead I get an e-mail telling me that they can't find it. It's a PC, how do you lose a thing like that .. it's not a small thing. I'm now 400 quid down for up to 10 days, cannot afford a replacement until then andcannot work until I find a replacement after I get a refund. Do I recommend Cex .. of course not.
Waste of time. Offer you a price, costs you to send back and then they return it with no explanation - after 2 weeks. Sent perfectly good working product with no damage for a bargain price. Should thank them really as it sold on e bay for £10 more in a week so had my postage back 0/10 never use again.
Bought a game as a Christmas gift and was really excited about it as the person I wanted to gift it to would have loved it! The game came before Christmas with not much delay but when opening the package i noticed that the game that was sent to me was a "promotional copy only" which i find unacceptable. If it was for my self I probably would not have bothered much as as long as it works it's fine, however this was intended as a gift and i am not about to gift someone with a promotional copy and look cheap. This are not for resell purposes and selling one of those copies is illegal! Due to the current pandemic i was not able to meet my Friend and I never even got around to give him this gift ( not that I really wanted to in the end) i have asked the store near me to exchange it but of course they did not have this item in store and could not do so. i have finally requested to return the product for a refund and to my surprise they only accept returns for 14 days . I bought this game at the beginning of December to make sure it got here on time for Christmas so obviously 14 days are not enough for a return! I would have expected from them a little more consideration due to the current situation especially as everyone else extends their returns during Christmas! Anyway after emailing to request the return i had an automate reply saying the will get back to me within 48h which did not happen! i had to wait 10 day for a reply in which they basically said they could not do anything. i have requested a phone call as i'm working full time and do not have time to keep emailing back and forth and was denied so. Finally after 1 month emailing back and forth they have said the item would not be refunded. i have asked multiple times for the item to be exchanged as i understood the refund was not an option but i was denied so. Nowhere on their website the product was advertised as promotional copy only so i could not have known that would have been the case. Disgusting customer service and very poor quality. STAY AWAY !
Click and collect issues. Used drop and go to get a voucher. Tried to use said voucher 5 times with each order being cancelled due to security issues. Didn't stop them pocketing the shipping. Did eventually speak to the manager, but proved to be a waste of time. A process that takes 5 minutes in store has taken 3 days with no resolution.
So how comes you find it necessary to price gouge on the new PS5 ripping people off at over £200 is disgraceful time people woke up to scammers like you a brand new ps5 is worth no more then retail price absolute disgrace trading standards will be informed. today i received a email from trustpilot stating CEX has reported my review seems they cannot stand negative reviews based on their fraudulent behaviour which they marked up a playstation 5 at over £700 when a playstation 5 is just £450
You guys are selling XBox series X consoles for £630, when they are selling for £449.99 everywhere else. You were obviously snapping up all the stock on launch, preventing fellow gamers from getting their consoles, so you could make £180 on each console you sell. And to think you did that during a pandemic, taking advantage of people. What happened to CEX?
Refusing to send the right purchased online item. As someone who used to love going to CEX to buy and trade games, I no longer want to give them my money and will advise as many people as possible to run far away from them. I recently bought a lens from them online. After waiting far too long for it to arrive, when I opened the box I noticed it was the wrong item. CEX does not have a phone number to resolve issues quickly and its email auto reply says it will take 72 hours which is also not true. I have tried contacting them on their Facebook page which took two hours for them to reply. Instead of saying they will send me what I paid for they have said I need to post it back and wait 1 to 2 weeks to process my return. How is this level of customer service allowed? I am sheltering and can't be expected to stand in line at the post office and pay for shipping for something that wasn't my fault. Refusing to send me what I paid for is illegal and I will pursue legal action, avoid buying from them so you don't find yourself in the same position.
DECLINEN QUALITY AND A GROUP OF SCALPERS I had been a customer of cex for over 20 years and have seen the decline in quality and customer service...but now will never purchase from them again for selling over priced PS5'S to cash in on the public....I think that from such a big company they should have a bit more professionalism and have shown thier true colours and joined the scalpers rank. Don't buy from them.....tbier quality checks have deliclined....customer service dropped....and would rather shope else where. IN MY OPINION STAY AWAY!!
Bought an Xbox one just before Christmas and less than a month later it stopped working. Spent ages trying to get in touch with someone. When I finally got a response on Twitter they told me I can’t return it until the stores reopen after lockdown. I find this unbelievable considering they are still accepting goods and doing click and collect. I explained Im paying a subscription for games pass I can’t use. The customer service agent clearly was just copying and pasting replies and didn’t even get the item correct. I think it’s disgusting. I know there will be parents who’ve got to explain to their kids they have to wait months and months for a new ones. It’s not on. I luckily just bought a new console but I didn’t want to and I should have been able to get a refund!
CEX is fine for cheap DVD/Blu Ray but I would strongly advise against buying anything more expencive. I bought a phone a few week ago and just terrible, constantly crashing, constantly wont let me do simple things like tick boxes and is really, REALLY slow. If it wasnt for lockdown I would have never even of bought thid item ad I had a similar experience buying a tablet a few years earlier.
Really not impressed by the whole lack of customer service support, how long does something take also to inspect and update a computer to tell me it’s done with etc? Just incompetence at every level it appears, will be lodging ‘test case’ complaint with the CMA.
1 x SteelSeries Arctis Pro High Fidelity Wired Gaming Headset, B - Web Order: 9411751 received without a power supply or volume mixer so not useable requested some type of remedy or replacement, even a 10-pound credit too allow an exchange for the correct headset on their store due to inventory, customer service unhelpful no product knowledge blame shifted to me despite the product incorrectly listed. super disappointing. - UPDATE for cex staff - there is a difference between a mixer and a dac/amp the product was graded as B ( with all accessories ) you advertised the product incorrectly and it should have been graded as F. still awaiting a fix.
I am absolutely over the moon with my online purchase of a Samsung S9 phone. It was advertised as a quality "B" item and it was in amazing condition. I cant fault the level of service. The 24 month warranty on all items Speaks for itself too. I highly recommend. Buy with confidence.
Ordered 11 dvd's for online delivery.....£20 postage!! No discount for multiple purchases and they are sending them out in dribs and drabs. Absolute rip off. Am done with CeX.
Bought a faulty Xbox from you, have attempted to contact you but still no reply. Disgraceful customer support from a company who clearly don’t care once they have your money. Avoid this company at all costs!
Have previously bought two iPads from the store one worked for about three years, the other is still working so we were very happy with the product. Today I have tried to buy an iPad online for my mothers birthday. We live abroad and the delivery address was to her care-home. We had to go through everything including payment details and were then told the order would not be processed because the delivery address was not the same as the address on the credit card. I have never come across this problem before. I had invested more than an hour jumping through their hoops plus given my bank details. I feel this rule regarding addresses should be upfront and clearer before confidential info. Is given. Also very frustrating that you can't deal with anybody on the phone, if it's not an order enquiry you can't even message them as they require the order number before they allow you to move forward. I will never deal with them again. Their customer service is non- existent.
CeX is rated 1.98 based on 473 reviews