CeX Reviews

Refunds Process
Difficult
Returns Process
Could Be Better

Tell us how CeX made you happy
I bought a phone online from CeX which was faulty when I received it. But on taking it intoto local store, they replaced it with no argument and apologised for myour inconvenience. Excellent service
its would be easier to say what isnt wrong
Sold a faulty product and blamed for the damage.

On September 1st I purchased a huawei p20 from the Norwich store. It hadn't been set up for long before I noticed battery issues, sound issues, and soon after that I was in a phone call (struggling to hear so I looked at the bottom of the phone) and noticed a red water indicator meaning the phone was sold with water damage. The phone had been in my pocket since getting this. I was planning on 48hr returning this for a better phone anyway as this store had a poor selection and my local store had agreed to allow me to order a different phone online before refunding the huawei so I wouldn't be without a phone.

Now I've worked for this company for 5 years total and I have experienced firsthand
1) staff making honest mistakes, which does happen.
2) staff ticking boxes on receipts they couldn't fully test (not enough signal to make a call, water indicator not visible, etc)
3) staff members blaming customers for damaging their phones knowing full well these mistakes did sometimes occur

Yet CeX are denying the possibility that a staff member made a mistake in this instance and essentially, I am being blamed. Funnily enough the pocket on my trackies is dry. I have seen a shocking amount of first hand accounts of others being sold faulty products and being blamed for it, as cex have a little tick box saying a product was tested completely and customers have no protection as they do not have evidence.

Thanks to cex I am now stuck with a broken phone and I have to return the phone ordered from cex online even though its over double the value of this one and also the one I've wanted for a really long time. I now cannot afford it again and after spending thousands over the years here I have now lost every bit of trust I had in this company. They reel you in with 2 years warranty but play customers like this. Will not ever be shopping here again, I have more trust in Facebook marketplace sellers.
I sent some items to CeX to sell and received a credit for them.
I decided to use the credit for three items.
Immediately after dispatch I received a notification that one item was not available and received a refund.
I received an empty envelope from CeX. No items or even and delivery note for the items.
I contacted the customer support sending photos of what was received and received a reply that they were investigating.
After three weeks I had got no further so posted a review on another review website. After posting this review the issue was immediately resolved. They claim the store fulfilling the order sent the items and as I received a sealed envelope I was not eligible for a refund. So I loose the £45 from the order and have another £45 in a company I no longer trust to fulfil my order.
If you’re ever thinking about repairing an item don’t go to cex. You’ll end up waiting weeks for your item to be sent back unrepaired. Scums
I took a phone to cash in which was near perfect. They would not take it because it rocked was the exact words also the price they offered was £43 even the c grade on their website price is £44 cash. This item was at least b grade £49. So there is a major discrepancy between what is offered when you go into store and website which needs to be fixed. I then took it to game who have me more and said it was in really good condition. Unfortunately it seems cex don't want items of will low ball offer you.
They sold a faulty product. Reported issue to them before end of warranty but I couldn't go in-store due to lockdown. They state that they extended it for 2 weeks as 'that was how long lockdown was' and that me not being able to use a different hidden form on their desktop website is why I couldn't find out about it. Their website sucks, even if their stores are okay, the product warranty is a lie. You can tell no UX design was put into the website.
I had decided to upgrade my cell phone and looked at the CEX reviews and decided to visit the Solihull branch. On the web site they advertise iphone 6s trade in for one of their phones around the £110 mark. I had just had a brand new screen fitted to my iphone 6s unlocked the day before. In the branch I was offered £15 for my phone against one of their phones.
The whole advertisement and trade in seems like one big long con job. I would have expected a realistic trade in offer not something which would have covered my petrol to the branch and back

Regards

Dave
ordered a faulty 980Ti still waiting for refund so I can order another one as they won't send a replacement, taking ages after I sent in via special delivery.
The price they pay Vs the price they charge Vs their no refund rule is pure criminal!
I never shop at CeX due to how overpriced everything is, but the Clinic for console repairs seemed like it could be a great service, until I actually used it of course

After finding them through their website, and everything looking like what I needed, I went in store where I was told they weren't actually running the Clinic service whatsoever, even after emailing them before going! I had to email them to get them to put up a banner on their website to actually tell people they aren't operating, and so I would know when they were open again

When they finally opened, weeks later, I took my device in. I explained exactly what the problem was and the repair I needed doing, filled out their forms and gave them my console

They started working on my device days later than claimed due to nobody at the store sending it for a while if the tracking information is to be believed. A few hours later, they messaged to say they couldn't repair it and they're sending it back to the store. Which was infuriating. I had told them exactly what the issue is and yet only later they decided to say "we don't fix that issue", something they could have even told me weeks before and not wasted my time, but, it gets even worse...

It turns out they opened the device, breaking the manufacturers seal and replaced a completely irrelevant part that was working, which, due to the nature of it, now cannot be tested because my device is still broken. Them doing this needlessly has limited my warranty for a repair with other companies due to general policy, but, it gets even worse...

After receiving a message that my console was in store, I went in to collect it. Not sure why I expected more from them, but their incompetence shone through and they couldn't find my console. It wasn't there. So, after contacting support again they located the console and only due to me asking, agreed to courier it back to me instead of requiring a fourth trip to their store, 25 minutes away from me. I would assume this free courier back was an attempt to take some responsibility for their incompetence

I cannot recommend them for their store prices, and unfortunately can only recommend staying away from their Clinic repair service due to the risk of wasting your time and energy trying to deal with them. Just awful
Melissa from Harrow branch of CeX was exceptionally polite and patient. She smiled and was very friendly all through. She made customer service a great experience and made us fall in love with CeX. We will definitely visit Cex again and again for purchases and other transactions because of Melissa's excellent customer service. Thumbs up to Melissa at the Harrow branch of CeX.

Hon. A
Sold my PS3 games for an agreed price of £18.70 but received £14.70 for them, without any explanation as to why the amount received was £4 less than the agreed sum. All games were present and in good order. If had realised that this was going to be the case I might have sold them to Gamexchange for £17.47. If the agreed price could not have been met, Cex should have informed me of the lower price offered before completing the transaction. £18.00 would have been the minimum acceptable by me from Cex. I will be looking at the contact in terms and condition concerning lower offers and non authorisation from the vendor before contacting the regulators and trading standards.
I brought a game for my wii u for 8 pounds and I was happy go home to find out there is a crack on the side I am furious with vex don’t know wether I can trust them again
Yesterday we sold numerous items to CeX in Scarborough, including a really good condition iPad Pro. CeX valued these at £569 and were happy to take them. They told us they can only pay via fast bank transfer (which was reluctantly agreed to by us). They assured us this would be completed by today (Wednesday, 5th August 2020), at the very latest. Surprise, surprise, we now have no money and they have our expensive items. They’ve even fully tested these items and acknowledged via email, that they are all great.

So today we try and solve this and get the money owed - well, you can’t contact them via their switchboard phone number conveniently! No direct store phone numbers either. FaceBook messenger - also unanswered! Website contact form - you guessed it, unanswered! My wife had to trail after work to one of their stores, just to try and find out what was going on. It just got quickly fobbed off on their payment processor WorldPay! Heard this excuse a few times before! However, their paperwork actually says “via faster payment” - which is virtually instant through banks these days.

Simply put... they have our items, we have zero money and they don’t seem too fussed at all about helping us now.

We have had zero issues with them in the past, we sell our old unused items and they pay cash. But this new experience has left us extemely sour. Instead of promising the “money will be with us same day, next day at the very latest”, why not just be truthful. Saves this kind of awful scenario for your customers.

I now have zero idea when we are getting the money owed to us, the store is basically saying “wait and see” - this is a disgusting business practice and not acceptable. I would very strongly suggest not selling your own items to CeX, especially if you expect them to honour what they say, or you value honesty, trust and support! There is no reason for them not to have paid by now! Not in the age of fast payments. Once they have your items, you are totally at their mercy. Be warned!

The Cox I always go to is amazing everything I bought is working
I took a Nintendo Wii to cex wythenshawe to sell told me to come back in 30 mins they changed the Wii for a tatty scratched one so that I would not get the £28 and only gave me £23 very bad people I will not use cex again iv been going for years but never again. I should of called the police.
I took my sons ps4 and xbox 360 both working perfectly but they won't buy as they said was faulty as the cables moved if you don't want to buy just say so don't make up excuses to get out of buying
Purchased a brand new 2DS XL, turns up and it is clearly second hand with included breadcrumbs! Awaiting an answer and refund. A very sad 5 year old now. Avoid.
CeX is rated 2.08 based on 385 reviews