grubHub Reviews

Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Returns & Refunds
Refunds Process
Difficult

Tell us how grubHub made you happy
grubHub 1 star review on 15th November 2022
grubHub 1 star review on 30th April 2022
grubHub 1 star review on 25th April 2022
Salien Hernandez
i have ordered 3 different times in the last month and everytime there has been a delay making the order 2 hours before i receive it. today when ordering it said 30 to 45 minutes and got a message stating there is a delay. original time was 12:12 to 12:22 then got a message stating delay 12:45 to 12:49 just checked status and now its saying 1:15 to 1:25
This company never will give their promise refunds back to your account. Never trust on them. Make a complain the first time you notice they didn´t refund you what they promise and stop using them right away. I had many problems with them for trust on them, and they never solved my complaints...Even when my orders were cancelled by them, I never received my refunds back... This company sucks...Big Liars...
Company is completely inept. They missed half my order. I get the restaurant is partially to blame but as my representative Grubhub has to take some responsibility. It wasn't a big deal. I contact customer service and they quickly adjusted the price and placed a second order for me. The real problem came later. I placed the order with my corporate credit card. $300 lunch for my staff. I was not there to look at the receipt. A month later when I'm filling out my expense report I discover they switched the charges to my personal card. I figure they can fix it so I contact customer service and they say they can't do anything and I have to ask my bank. Which my bank had nothing to do with this and even if I did ask them I would have to get 2 different companies to agree to transfer the charges. I explained to customer service that what they said was completely illogical but they said nothing can be done. As it is this was not the first order they messed up. Worthless company and completely inept staff.
GrubHub is easily the worst delivery service out there. I ordered from them - they indicated that they delivered my food but then nothing showed up. So, I phoned them and they placed a reorder. They then call me - 3 hours after my first order - as I'm waiting for my reorder and tell me that the driver dropped my order so they are cancelling the order. The first order was dropped? The second? The Customer Service person was not helpful. NEVER ordering from GrubHub again!
While thinking I was on a restaurant website to place a take out order THAT I WOULD PICKUP, I was somehow and unknowingly redirected to Grubhub. Once I arrived at the restaurant to pick up my meal, I discovered that I was charged over $7 extra and for absolutely NOTHING. Customer service was no help and would not refund a dime. This is a terrible, unethical company that takes advantage of people unfamiliar with its services.
grubHub 1 star review on 15th November 2022
Delivery times keep getting moved further and further out. B honest if u don't have a driver just say so. Membership canceled. Doordash can have the same order done in 10 min.
Unethical business practices. After reporting that my account had been hacked, I was promised a refund. One month later, my complaint was marked "resolved" by their customer service, and no refund posted. I see this is a common complaint. I have notified the banking institutions I use for on-line purchases. I suggest everyone else do the same. This company cannot last much longer with the current "Customer service" model they employ. Do business with them at your own risk.
Their customer service is awful. My driver was right in front of the building and then left and we didnt receive our food for another 45 mins. The driver never answered when we reached out and our food was very cold by the time it was delivered. They do not refund and will only give a small credit.
Price was fair, delivery was extremely fast, food arrived as ordered and was delicious! Easy to track delivery.
I didn't get my food or my refund
At 3:42pm, I ordered from a Panda Express 12.4 miles from my house, which should have been no more than a 30-minute delivery time, including traffic and lights. Originally the delivery time said no later than 4:42pm, which okay, maybe the driver is doing multiple deliveries. Then the delivery time switches to 5:56pm, which is BEYOND absurd. If a company doesn't have delivery drivers for a location, they shouldn't include a location on their website for ordering. To be fair, they were quick to cancel and refund my order when I contacted them at 5:00pm, but I wasted an unacceptable amount of time, something that could have been avoided. I have certainly learned my lesson and will not use this delivery service again in my area.
I actually despise Grubhub. I only use this platform over others because it carries restaurants the others do not. The company itself is just terrible- I understand many variables go into a third-party delivery service, but there are so many issues in the execution and resolution of mistakes made. One of the most awful things is getting your food delivered and noticing something isn't right, for instance, my order delivered today was from a Thai restaurant and I requested no shrimp and to sub tofu since I am allergic to shrimp. The order came with the requested tofu, but also came with shrimp. It was packaged in the same box. I was unable to eat it, even though it looked tasty. I dread contacting customer service, because it's never prompt or pleasant. I explained what happened to the customer service rep who came back in an accusatory tone and chiding me because I've had an "unusually large amount of concessions and/refunds." Listen, I'm not one to complain about minor issues. But if my food arrives and I'm unable to eat a $16 dish because I'll go into anaphylaxis, I'm going to say something about it. Because that isn't fair to pay for something you cannot eat. If I order a chicken sandwich and end up with a bacon cheeseburger... I'm going to say something about it. Because my order was not correct. If the status tells me my order was delivered and the dasher did not take a photo, and I discover it's no where near my home or at either of my neighbor's houses, I'm going to say something about it. I am fully aware that a company needs to profit. Instead of coming at your paying customers sideways, perhaps you can focus more on how to improve your processes and get ahead of your competitors. You're failing miserably.
We were given a gift card for $200.00, after my daughter passed away. We have been told there is a hold on it, and they cannot give us a reason for the hold. We tried to use it the day my daughter passed, because we had so many family and friends with us. We could not complete the order. I have called three times to resolve this issue and keep getting the run around. I’ve been told three times I would receive an email to resolve the problem, and so far, not one email. Not sure what to do!!!
Terrible company and horrible customer service. I had fraud on my account. Someone logged into my account online and used my credit card to order food. I called Grubhub and told them what happened, and asked for a refund. The person I spoke with told me they would open an investigation and I should hear back within 48 hours. I never did, so I called back and was told to give it another day so I did. Then I called back again and was told an investigation was never opened, and so the person I spoke with opened one and gave me a ticket number. I still didn't hear back within 48 hours so I called again and spoke with a manager who told me it was in the system and being worked on, and to wait another day. I have no faith in these people, and will never be ordering from Grubhub again.
Door Dash is much better, the food arrives on time (grub hub not half the time) I’ve been waiting for 1-1/2 hours which was picked up 1/2 hour after ordering which I cancelled because by now $90.00 worth of food is ice cold. DOOR DASH!!!! drivers need to stop picking up multiple orders with too much distance between orders!
Never again Ordered food was told it was delivered but never received. Complained and was told I could re-order and pay once again and they would refund the first order in 3 to4 days. Total through grub hub was 42.00. Was'nt going to chance on another 42.00, I called the same resturant and re-ordered the same food and picked up myself for 21.93. It was well worth my 20 minute round trip drive.
Waited over 2 hours for my food food was cold Experience was not very good would not suggest nor use them ever again We normally use doordash thought we would give grubhub a try give grubhub a try really wish I would have read all the reviews 1st they are trash
Will NEVER use them again. Within SECONDS of noticing an error in an order, I contacted by the restaurant and GrubHub. NEITHER would offer help. I was overcharged by $12 and GrubHub would not do anything to fix this. Learned my lesson. They are just THIEVES.
If I could give them negative stars I would I ordered food and they waited an hour after the food was ordered to have a delivery driver deliver it and when I got it it was cold and soggy I went and complained to customer service and all they said they could do is give me a 25% discount on my next order which will not work because I will not be ordering through them ever again
Worst food Delivery service ever. Did you know that your driver can take up to 3 orders at once??? My driver picked up my order first and was held up on the 3rd restaurant because they took forever to push that order. HOW INCONVENIENT IS IT ON ME NOW that I have to wait to get my food cause some other restaurant is taking forever on an order. 40mins-turned to almost 2 hours. My food is now cold. What a waste of money. Would never use Grub hub again.
grubHub is rated 1.1 based on 403 reviews