CeX Reviews

Refunds Process
Difficult
Returns Process
Could Be Better

Tell us how CeX made you happy
I ordered a camera ans I am more than happy with!
I bought an iPhone 8 in October online. After a couple of days it switches itself off. I phoned them and they told me to take it back to my local store. Well I might as well have been speaking to my 10 year old granddaughter. Wanted to keep it and test it for 30 mins. I told them it will turn itself off whenever it wants. So I came away with a phone still that it faulty. After sending email after email I’m still not getting anywhere. It now been 3 months since I complained but they just don’t car. Terrible customer service. Shop staff are not helpful. DO NOT SHOP THERE.
Due to lockdown I was pleasantly surprised that I was still able to trade in items at CEX Newmarket. I requested online and was told to drop and go at the store. Upon arrival I knocked on the shutter as requested only to hear a voice from behind shouting "is it drop and go?" When I answered, the shutter was raised and a very rude employee called Justin aggressively shouted "whats your order number. I replied and he told me put the three items on the table, no please no thank and no courtesy. When asked how long to check them, he rudely replied, "As long as it takes!" This is the second time during both lockdown I have dealt with him and both times he was rude, unhelpful and irritated that I dared to interrupt his day!
First time I used CEX got an console that didn’t work, second time got a 4mp camera with 6x zoom when I ordered a 14mp camera with 30x zoom. Very poor service, if you’re going to buy off them don’t do it online
Customer service have blocked my review.
Beware of CEX sharp practice they take your money before you receive your item. This happened to me. Told lie after lie that my laptop was despatched and Robin at customer service said that recorded next day delivery takes 15 days? Beware that their contact telephone number does not connect to anyone. Filled several forms in customer service take 48 hours to reply with a useless standard answer saying they are doing their best to help, what a joke. Make sure if you buy from this devious company that you use PayPal. I spoke with PayPal who are dealing with a refund for £485 for a laptop CEX failed to supply.
I ordered 2 games from their website using one of their own credit vouchers. A week or so later, the first game arrived in a very thin parcel which definitely only contained 1 game as there would not have been room for any more. I did not think this was unusual, as their own website stated that games may be dispatched separately as they may come from different stores. However, after a few more weeks when the second game did not arrive, I chased it with CEX (something I was only able to do via their website/email as they have no customer service telephone number to speak of). Initially a handler named Doris responded very helpfully that she would chase this up with the store responsible for dispatching the games, however, the subsequent emails quickly turned accusatory with phrases like "As you claim you haven't received one game" and "the store has confirmed that both the items were sent in the same parcel". The handler seemed fixated on the condition of the original packaging that the first game came in, which i confirmed i had since thrown away as i expected the 2nd game to follow separately but was in perfectly fine condition. The handler was also extremely reluctant to escalate this to a manager, instead attempting to pacify me by stating she would "pass it to the central team to investigate" repeatedly. When I was finally able to deal with a manager (again by email only) an individual named Cheryl repeated the previous statements of Doris affirming that the store said they sent 2 and, if i don't have any pictures of the original packaging, then they can't help me any further. I feel the way I've been treated by this organisation is disgusting and I don't know how they expect me to prove that I didn't receive a game. Surely the onus is on them to prove that they sent the game, however, they have declined to provide any evidence of this or even explain what checks were made. I have been repeatedly made to feel like a liar who is trying to get a free game and clearly this company are much more inclined to believe their employees over paying customers. This company has made querying this issue, and complaining, as difficult as they possibly can and it has had a serious impact on my mental health. I wouldn't reccommend anyone order anything from this website.
Dishonest !! We purchased a MacBook Pro online with a 2-year warranty, when it arrived it had a dent on the side but it was "grade B" we knew it could have cosmetic damage. Now, after only 5 months, the computer is unusable because only lines appear on the screen and it cannot be turned on. We went to the in-store service center and they refused to help us, despite the warranty, because they blame us for the damage. We pointed out that it had already been delivered to us with the damage and they replied that it is not true because the photos they have in the archive do not show the damage ... we then asked to see them and the photo they had was of a computer taken by high and there were no pictures of the edges, so it is impossible to see it. We then turned to online assistance and they answered the same thing. Dishonest !! Why didn't they photograph all the parts of the computer before sending it? Be careful, don't buy from them! They promise you a guarantee that doesn't exist.
sent a £2 dvd with different title to the £10 one ordered and paid for now got to inconvenience myself to get refund they probably hoped i wouldn't bother AVOID THIS MICKEY MOUSE OUTFIT !!!
Bought two high value items for Xmas online. Both were faulty and clearly hadn't been inspected. Don't buy anything of more value than a dvd from them. Cowboys
Specifically brought a ps4 vr boxed as didnt state no camera like some of the others but when recieved it there was no camera , when asked they told me that ps4 vrs never come with cameras even when new so wouldn't second hand . Were quite rude about it . Asked why it wasn't stated on the advert and they didn't reply so had to email again and all I got was if you're not happy refund it you have till tomo or we will buy it back at a reduced rate . Must add though the man in the shop was very polite and helpful .
I came in with a broken xbox pad that is I got from cex, into the Nottingham Branch next to burger king, I was greeted very friendly to a girl behind the counter who listened to my complaint, she got me a working xbox pad, her customer service was amazing! Her personality stood really stood out and I just like to thankyou Leona Derby for making my visit very pleasant :) I don't usually write reviews but this girl is 100% asset to the company!
2 weeks no item, all seven of my other items are with me! Royal mail tracking say it has not been sent to them! Emailed CEX, they say its with royal mail! Wait till 30th! Emailed again asking for me information as they are gifts for xmas, that's way I order on 14th, say the same thing! WILL NEVER US THEM AGAIN!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THEM!
everything you scum bags
Sold some items at CEX Wood Green drop off. Staff we're friendly enough and all but the final (and major valuable item, a pc) were sorted. This is where it ended in terms of quality customer service and the CEX has some serious structural issues on how they run things. So apparently "the front ports" on the PC didn't work (I assume they mean the USB ports- I could never tell because I never actually spoke to the team in the store) which is unusual because the item I dropped off worked fine and is new this year. Red flag one (have they damaged it?). Red flag two is you cannot contact CEX stores directly, it's pure autism but what it means is I spent TWO WEEKS going back and forth with a middle man, missing calls, etc. This made it very hard for me to help the team in London on what I'm assuming is an easy fix or a mistake (I hope so or they owe me alot of money). The final straw is, despite their policy online, they point blank refuse to return this item via post (there is no way given the circumstances I'm able to get back into a tier 4 London even if I pay for it) So essentially I have zero way of verifying these claims and zero way of getting my £500+ item back any time soon. Let's suppose this minor issue WAS true ; they refuse to take the parts that DO work.. essentially what I would do is go in store, take it apart in front of them and sell the parts, which are all functional and essentially brand new. Or just take it to another CEX store. Please note I'm not a layman or.l someone who can be taken for a ride; I build PCs for a living and it's incredibly frustrating that they are doing this pathetic "computer says no" moment which is probably no fault of their own, but another "policy". Now assuming this isn't the fault of the team in wood green (still a little suspicious) then the only issues lie with how CEX is run. The senior management needs to look into this and how communication between the customer and the teams are made and how products are handled and returned because this once great company is going to go down the pan if their not careful, the high street is dying and you cannot afford to have sh**t systems in 2020.. The worst case scenario here is they have 1) damaged an expensive item of mine 2) refuse to communicate directly with me 3) refuse to post it to me 4) I can't get into London any time soon, maybe months, 5) if I do I risk my health 6) also refuse to simply take it apart and sell it assuming it was true (a 5 min job) Given this experience I would say avoid CEX and just go to local computer store.
Staff are very friendly and polite we would recommend to others
I've been using Cex since the first store opened in Birmingham in the nineties. They used to give a fair price for trade-ins. Now they just want to help the scalpers by charging £815 for a Ps5 and give you a terrible price for a week old game. Shame I'll be stopping using them after twenty five years. Also the staff are very unprofessional now in most stores. They hate if you have more than one item to trade in as it involves doing some work. Terrible all around.
I think they just wanted customers out of the shop to be honest. Wanted to sell my phone and they were not helpful or bothered to offer a decent price. Thanks for the help... Not!!
I purchased a cd game for my son. On Inspecting the disc I enquired about the marks on the cd whilst the sales assistant was there. I then requested for the disc to be cleaned as in the past I have had a bad experience with products I had purchased from CEX and wanted to make sure that all is as best as it can be especially with Xmas next week. The manager was Incredibly rude in his response by refusing to clean the disc to put my mind at ease, refused to engaged in dialogue even though myself or my brother had not on any occasion raised our voice or altered our tone. Then continued to belittle me infront of other customers and walked away saying he does not have to help, or talk to us as he is now on his lunch. I said that I would wait and he said go on then, you'll be waiting for a full hour. Infact, he was not on his lunch, he went to do something else behind the service counter. This level of unprovoked disrespect was unacceptable. When i mentioned that I would be formalising a complaint against him he showed little to no care so clearly who ever the area manager is has no authority here or the company supports disrespecting customers. We left frustrated and furious and As sivalised people, we weren't able to express our anger. This company has no clear formal complaints channels regarding this king of abuse so I had to go through resolver. I will be taking this as far as I can including negative google reviews and contacting the local press as I have witnesses.
Price is ok. Condition of goods vary. Staff are most particular when trading in, however condition of goods are usually poor. Unsure why. For example:- £40 paid for The SkyWalker Saga, and the majority of discs are badly scratched. You pay less than 30% for good traded in which is a joke anyhow. Boscombe branch in Dorset is one to avoid. The staff are incredibly rude.
CeX is rated 1.98 based on 473 reviews