Virgin Media Reviews

Returns & Refunds
Refunds Process
Difficult

Tell us how Virgin Media made you happy
Not help full coustmer servise try to take money from every year
I've been with Virgin Media since the days of NTL. 24 years to be precise. They used to be amazing. Quality, reliable, fast broadband. Over the past 2 or 3 years this has all changed! It's so unreliable. Always down or very, very slow! But my biggest gripe is the customer service. Lies, rudeness and incompetence. I've about 9 months left and then I won't ever be using this sham of a company ever again. Honestly, from a very passive, honest individual, please stay clear from usibg/signing up with them. You'll regret it!
Really bad experience received from virgin media called them to advise of family bereavement but not will to listen as advised my payment will be late so instead of taking my circumstances to account they threw me to debt recovery really annoyed I even raised a complaint by they have been unhelpful please stay away as this company only care for money not customer their is no empathy or sympathy they are really cruel I would really consider going somewhere else first the pandemic which the world is in and company’s should really support virgin media don’t do this they really don’t care
Awful customer service, I couldn’t even make a contract with them because they were connecting my call to one person to another person of the team, I took one hour,I changed 5 different members of the staff and I didn’t conclude anything. No words.
Well just another person to say what everybody think. I have been leaving leaving in the UK for 24 years and Virgin Media is the worst provider in the all world. Richard Branson can go to space thanks to the money that they are robbing you every month and not providing the service that you pay for. If you do not want to loose your job or to loose day at work. DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THEM NEVER EVER. we are paying a very high price foo internet and about 3 month a year if no more our internet are not working and they will never help you fixing your problem neither give you any compensation. they need to keep this money to have the BOSS leaving on his beautiful private island and to fulfil his fantasy thanks to you while you are struggling to make ends meet and loosing days at work and getting pressure from your managers because you don't have internet and each time you ask them they say that it will take 30 days and when you call back 20 days later that it will take another 30 days. Now you know. Do not make the mistake to sign up with them. GO AWAY FAST FOM ANY OFFER THEY WILL GIVE YOU.
Not even deserve 1 star. I have been calling them since last 1 months ,waiting for phone call is more then 1 hour. disgusting and ridiculous. Nobody should use this virgin media. My TV channels are not working since months. I wanted to cancel but nobody receive the call in virgin media. So disgusting
I ordered fibre 1 month ago and still no service no connection , 3 cancelled engineer appointments waiting full days for them to arrive no courtesy calls to inform reason for cancellation, numerous phone calls where I've been thrown from pillar to post waiting ove 30 mins each time, hung up on calls disconnected, lies fake promises I have terminated my contract. Worst customer service ever recieved diabolical from a communication company who can't even communicate the most simple things, the left hand doesn't no what the right is doing. Poor communication painful stressful please avoid this company I thought I would give them a try but honestly I rather pay £20 more a month and then have this experience, don't be fooled by the speed or price customer service is key
I have been a customer of Ntl World / Virgin Media for over 20… I have been a customer for over 20 years originally with NTLWORLD and then Virgin Media. Since reviewing my Contract in December 2020 I have had continual issues with my Monthly Bill. Every month it is incorrect as they "forget" to reduce my bill with the loyalty discount and issue a bill that has not even the Contractual price of £53:50 . Each month I spend hours on the phone to different departments and get nothing but worthless promises and meanwhile my discounts add up and I have over payed on numerous occasions but no one wants to take ownership of the issue but can't get you off the phone quick enough. I will give you an example of my most recent experience. On the 15th of July I spoke on the phone to a member of Team 1 who "couldn't do anything" I them insisted on speaking to a manager/supervisor from Team 1 (Retention Team) who clarified I was own a £21:00 credit. I asked could this credit be added to my current bill due for payment on the 29th July 2020 but was told no as the bill had been generated. This I knew was a lie as a few months earlier another manager had did it. As the call went on I agreed to have the £21:00 deducted from the August bill on the assurance that it would be actioned. Later that day at 10:45 and 16:00 I received 2 emails from the Manager/Supervisor stating that my August Bill would be £53:50 minus the £21:00 credit making the payment due £32:50. Ok now step forward to the 13th of August when my bill was generated and yes you guessed right, no £21:00 credit and bill generated at £53:50. I spent most of the day on the phone trying to contact the Manager /Supervisor who had made me the promise in July with no luck. 2 of the call center staff told me she was on duty and they would send her a email to contact me. I had already sent the Manager/Supervisor numerous emails with no response. I also had a call center member of staff tell me around 16:00 that she would look over the notes and come back to me before the close of business on Friday the 13th August I asked her were the calls recorded and if so could she listen to it to get the facts. I also found out she was able to see the emails sent to me on the 15th July and I asked was this not enough evidence. She said she would look all over the case and I'm still awaiting a response at 21:00 on Sunday 15th August. I have just sent the Manager / Supervisor a further email stating unless I hear a positive response by 16:00 on Monday 16th Aug I will be escalating the complaint to the Chief Executive of Virgin Media and forwarding the complete story to BBC Watchdog consumer programme. My advice to anyone who is considering joining this company DONT.
Disgusting passed from one person to another. Then still not right. Agents give out false information and lie. Gone downhill been with them 4yrs. Not happy
Absolutely terrible service. Our internet connection has been intermittent for months and it's getting worse and worse. All my neighbours who are Virgin Media customers are experiencing the exact same issues so this is impacting our whole street (at least). We've all been contacting Virgin Media and filing complaints separately and nothing is being done. Speaking to an actual human is very complicated and when you do, all they can suggest is to reset your box for the 100th time. We're paying £62 a month for a very poor internet connection that is cutting off every 10 minutes. Working from home is near impossible. We have to use our smartphone's 4G as a hotspot instead. I would strongly advise to pick another provider. We can't wait to switch to another provider and stop this nightmare.
No stars if. I could. Want to switch from eir to virgin. Received sim in post and twice attempted to port my existing number over to virgin on the online portal. Didn't get work. Then rang on 3 separate occasions to do it over phone and was told each time its ported and will be a couple of hours before activation. This has not worked. I'm wondering if this is the level of service at this stage should I find a different provider. Long wait times on phone for customer service and lack of tech experience.
Pathetic company who offer all kinds then tell you its not available unless you pay more money I read on thier site you can upgrade to virgin 360 for free and get a free 360 remote if you have the big package thier oomph package but when i tried to get this they wanted 35 to activate it then 24 for the remote and would not budge, so i will let my contract run out and go with Sky Q which is years ahead of virgin 360
It has been very troublesome to get the Router, even though we didn't even need installation because it was already set up in our apartment. The company canceled the scheduled appointment on their side without informing us because of missing information, that again, nobody informed us about. Then the company deleted our account - without letting us know. We had to contact customer support every day and restart the same conversation over and over. Most of the time we had to hold the line for at least 1 hour, a couple of times the line just got cut. In total we've wasted roghly 8 hours with customer support. In the end we didn't get the contract we wanted. Overall the worst customer support experience I ever had
I can only describe your level of service as a calamity... the complete failure of this company to follow up complaints and requests has led me to start the process of contacting alternative dispute resolution schemes at a great cost to time that should be allocated to other activities. I cannot express how deeply I regret getting involved with this company. My genuine advice to anyone who thinks that this company (which claims to provide services related to communication) would itself be a shining example of good communication with their own customers is to please think very carefully before getting involved and to please read the negative experiences regarding how they deal with complaints
Avoid at all costs. An unfortunate turn of events in our family meant that I was forced to move house and because they no longer had service in the new area was forced to disconnect and pay over £200. Now 2 months on and I'm still trying to get an equipment returns label from them as they are threatening me with an additional £40 charge for not returning equipment even though I have spoken to 10+ reps about their labels not arriving at my address. This is the most disastrous and disorganised company I have ever had the misfortune to give money to and I will not make this same mistake ever again.
I have been with VM for 6 years but the last year has been an absolute ordeal and I just cannot say how much I would recommend you stay away. Not only has our bill ramped up drastically (+£15/month), but our network has also been cutting off on a weekly, if not daily, basis. We have sometimes been cut off for entire days, without notice or indication of when it will be looked into. We both work from home and we just can't afford such high unreliability. On top of all of this, customer service, despite being very polite and trying their best, have just been incredibly unhelpful. Every time I have been in touch with VM's customer service, whether to get a better rate (seeing new customers pay half our monthly bill annoyed me slightly) or to actually get an engineer to fix a network issue, they have been very slow and never provided a real solution. Anecdotally, they also effectively blackmailed us into closing a complaint so we could get an engineer appointment, after months of issues and 3 previous engineers visits leading nowhere. Again, nothing to do with the individual employees, they have all been lovely, but VM as a company deprioritise loyal customers and does not care which level of service they actually provide. The company is frankly morally bankrupt. After much consideration, we are switching supplier because even if it is (very slightly) slower and if you don't care about ethics, we just really need more affordable and reliable internet. For all of these reasons, I just wouldn't recommend VM to anyone, really. I just don't see how.
I was a virgin customer for 5 years, I couldn't believe it when they charged me £180.00 cancellation fee as the only reason I had to cancel the contract was because they were unable to supply my new flat in north London. As the new flat is only 1 mile from my old flat it didn't even cross my mind they would be unable to supply it. Absolutely awful company avoid at all costs.
Disgusted. Held on line for 41 minutes, told them I wanted to leave and they hung up on me. Could not get through again. Probably recognised my number. Shocking customer service for a customer of nearly 10 years.
Dibolical mobile network service , half time people can’t even call me been a loyal customer for over 7 years but not anymore, enough of this trash . Switching to 02 network see how it goes but never il recommend virgin mobile ever again. So don’t waste ur time
Hopeless and can't think outside the box for any issues. They caused me many headaches when cancelling the service as they knew i was leaving for Australia and kept causing human error issues.
Virgin Media is rated 1.17 based on 1,395 reviews